Create the ultimate Mutant and pit them in a battle against Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Choose the powersets and attributes of any TWO mutants and mix them in any way you like to create who you think would be the most powerful mutant. Then explain if your creation can defeat Thanos in battle.

Rules: No reality manipulating powers and no Phoenix.

Jebus reborn
Thanos, and X-Man.

It beats him, because it's Thanos plus.

Mider999
would there be a point in making a thread like this...........

fine he has no reality manipulating powers but by sheer will power psionically he can take on the characteristics of other beings.

for example (this is not a real comic story but mine) he wanted to be so much like the hulk that he suddenly went into a psycho rage and was able to smash things like the hulk and even confronted the hulk they both fought and the hulk found that he was just as strong and even stronger, when the fight was over and my mutant went back to normal he see's what happend he notices his muscles didnt grow so it must have been some psionic power like a field of energy around him acting like strengh, and his will to be like the hulk made him go into a savage rage, thus his will and hatetred for thanos would allow him to tap into sorces of energy and other powers that could eventually defeat thanos, not reality warping or pheonix, but stuff like becoming neigh indestructable on par with juggernaut or being able to momentarily use alot of cosmic power sorta like how surfer did during the annihiation saga to defeat aeigis and tenebris, he would go back to normal though afterwords.

masterbruce
Could a combo of Darwin/Domino take down Thanos?

TricksterPriest
Probably not. Hyperstorm. You don't need anyone besides him. wink

Tenebrous
Originally posted by masterbruce
Could a combo of Darwin/Domino take down Thanos?

Create a mutant from the powers of Mr. Immortal and Darwin, lock that mutant and Thanos inside a contained area, and Thanos is sure to lose (given time).

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Probably not. Hyperstorm. You don't need anyone besides him. wink

cosigned....how about mjj

jasonk3
I pick you masterbruce. I believe you can beat Thanos. smile

Entity
I say X-Man and Vulcan!

Those Summers boys do got some wicked powers!

Better yet Rogue and Xavier! I mean if she had his power she could steal the powers of all the other mutants on Earth and then Thanos ain't really gonna be doing much unless he gets the IG or HOTU or something.

Darth Macabre
New Sun and Magneto.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Entity
I say X-Man and Vulcan!

Those Summers boys do got some wicked powers!

Better yet Rogue and Xavier! I mean if she had his power she could steal the powers of all the other mutants on Earth and then Thanos ain't really gonna be doing much unless he gets the IG or HOTU or something.

Not enough. You greatly underestimate Thanos.

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
New Sun and Magneto. Now that might do it. New Sun supposedly defeated Dark Phoenix.

StyleTime
Not "supposedly" TricksterPriest. He did kill her.

Entity
Not enough. You greatly underestimate Thanos. How is that not enough?
You even said that Magneto and the New Sun might defeat Thanos. Well Rogue could easily gain their powers with Xaiver's. As well as 194 others!

TricksterPriest
Because New Sun is ungodly powerful. He beat freaking Dark Phoenix. Rogue can't absorb Thanos's powers, because he won't give her the chance. He'd make it backfire or pimpslap her before she got any large amount.

you think 194 mutants are equal to the power cosmic? Silver Surfer could beat down most of the mutants left on earth by himself, and Surfer is Thanos's *****. X-man was scared of Thanos and even he wasn't powerful to stop a clone.

Entity
Because New Sun is ungodly powerful. He beat freaking Dark Phoenix. Rogue can't absorb Thanos's powers, because he won't give her the chance. He'd make it backfire or pimpslap her before she got any large amount.

you think 194 mutants are equal to the power cosmic? Silver Surfer could beat down most of the mutants left on earth by himself, and Surfer is Thanos's *****. X-man was scared of Thanos and even he wasn't powerful to stop a clone. So here's what I wanna know how is Rogue/Xavier gonna have trouble when you claim New Sun could do it.

Yet Rogue/Xavier could easily steal Gambit's powers with all the other mutants on Earth becoming at the VERY least as powerful as new sun. Seeing as new sun is Gambit without his inhibitors and Rogue wouldn't have them in her genome!

TricksterPriest
Rogue can't become New Sun by stealing Gambit's powers. Mr. Sinister blocked them off, and after the New Sun incident, he lost the ability to reach that level.

She can only steal them at the level they currently exist. 2nd, how does the combo of Xavier&Rogue give the ability to steal the powers of all 198 mutants?

Symmetric Chaos
Darwin and . . . anyone with the slightest offensive power.

Just wear him down for ever.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Darwin and . . . anyone with the slightest offensive power.

Just wear him down for ever.

censored I ****ing hate that guy.............

sym, what do you think? Who's right, me or entity?

Symmetric Chaos
sym, what do you think? Who's right, me or entity?

About Rogue becoming NewSon by stealing Gambit's powers? You. He lacks the ability to reach that level.

celestialdemon
New Sun and Hyperstorm. Either one could beat Thanos on their own, but combine them together, and it's no contest.

Entity
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
About Rogue becoming NewSon by stealing Gambit's powers? You. He lacks the ability to reach that level. He lacks it now yea but Rogue wouldn't if she stoled his powers plus you said it yourselves. Gambit can't become the New Sun anymore.

How could they steal the total power of the 198?

Simple. Assuming Rogue has Xavier's powers then she could use that to force all the others to willing allow her to steal all theirs. Once she has all their abilities she'd be quite the force to be reckoned with.

So you can use Gambit as new sun but Rogue can't steal his powers and do that?ermm

TricksterPriest
New Sun is a separate character from Gambit. Gambit does not have the ability to use or sustain that level of power.

Umm....wouldn't Rogue's doing that mean prep time? confused And isn't this a straight fight, no prep thread?

Entity
New Sun is a separate character from Gambit. Gambit does not have the ability to use or sustain that level of power. He doesn't have the ability to be New Sun because Sinister plasted inhibitors in his genome. Which Rogue wouldn't have apone asorbing his power!

Umm....wouldn't Rogue's doing that mean prep time? confused And isn't this a straight fight, no prep thread? Good point I don't guess there was any since the original poster didn't state that.

Also couldn't Rogue asorb Thanos's life force while mentally attacking him with Xavier's power?
I mean I would guess she couldn't because Thanos is like uber or what ever but why not exactly?

TricksterPriest
Let me put it this way. Have you ever seen any mutant try to absorb power cosmic? It's too much. It would drive her mad. And mentally attacking him is useless. Thanos is a much higher TP than Xavier.

Entity
Let me put it this way. Have you ever seen any mutant try to absorb power cosmic? It's too much. It would drive her mad. And mentally attacking him is useless. Thanos is a much higher TP than Xavier. Ok, but if a human like Doom can asorb power cosmic then why couldn't Rogue?

Also what other mutant can asorb powers naturally?

StyleTime
New Sun is a separate character from Gambit. Gambit does not have the ability to use or sustain that level of power.

He's not really a separate character per se. He is just Gambit fully trained and unadopted by Jean-Luc. They both had the same level of power.

TricksterPriest
Doom used an assload of tech to do it. And frankly, I'd put his will-power over that of Rogues.

I'm sure there are others who can absorb powers.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by StyleTime
He's not really a separate character per se. He is just Gambit fully trained and unadopted by Jean-Luc. They both had the same level of power.

Not true. Gambit's power was prevented from reaching that level by Mr. Sinister. And after battling New Sun, he burned his powers out, preventing them from ever reaching that level again.

Potentially, they had the same level of power. But in terms of application and ability, they are worlds apart.

Endless Mike
Squirrel Girl + anyone

The second is just deadweight

illadelph12
Darwin + Apocalypse.

manorastroman
vulcan (with darwin, petra, and sway)+rachel grey (tp/tk)

StyleTime
Not true. Gambit's power was prevented from reaching that level by Mr. Sinister. And after battling New Sun, he burned his powers out, preventing them from ever reaching that level again.

Potentially, they had the same level of power. But in terms of application and ability, they are worlds apart.
Wow dude. I own the run. Gambit received surgery from Sinister and acheived the same level of power as New Sun, who is Gambit. New Sun dimension hopped to stop this world to prevent Gambit from destroying the planet on accident like had happened in every other reality New Sun traveled to. Every, and I repeat, every Gambit reached this level of power.

I already said New Sun was fully trained in the use of powers since childbirth. That is what made him appear more powerful.
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gambitv102406rougherly6.jpg

Entity
Originally posted by manorastroman
vulcan (with darwin, petra, and sway)+rachel grey (tp/tk) Thats not really much different form my Vulcan/X-man idea.

Doesn't Vulcan still have Darwin's powers now?
I've been told by a few people he does, atleast to a limited degree.

TricksterPriest
Really? Oh. Ok. My bad. The image didn't load btw. I thought the story was that Mr. Sinister prevented him from achieving the full measure of his powers, then reversed what he did in the first place?

Darth Macabre
Really? Oh. Ok. My bad. The image didn't load btw. I thought the story was that Mr. Sinister prevented him from achieving the full measure of his powers, then reversed what he did in the first place? No, he took out gray matter from Gambit's brain on Gambit's own volition because the kid was scared of his own powers. And then he reversed the procedure because Gambit asked him to.

StyleTime
Really? Oh. Ok. My bad. The image didn't load btw. I thought the story was that Mr. Sinister prevented him from achieving the full measure of his powers, then reversed what he did in the first place?
Yeah. Gambit was afraid he would end up nuking Earth so he got his gray matter removed voluntarily. He got the gray matter back because he needed to time travel. Meh, the whole story is a bit confusing anyway. Not your fault.

I forgot how to code thumbnails last time. Sorry about that. Try the image now. The first is New Sun explaining a bit of origin. The second is showing his true appearance without the kinetic energy facade.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7831/gambitv102406rougherly6ni8.th.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4275/gambit02004pr4oz9.th.jpg

TricksterPriest
*whistles* Kickass. Did New Sun actually bring down Dark Phoenix? Exactly how powerful was he?

Utrigita
Let me put it this way. Have you ever seen any mutant try to absorb power cosmic? It's too much. It would drive her mad. And mentally attacking him is useless. Thanos is a much higher TP than Xavier.

For what reasons would you put Thanos above Professor X.

llagrok
Originally posted by Utrigita
For what reasons would you put Thanos above Professor X.

I wouldn't put Thanos above Xavier, far from it. Didn't even know his telepathy was above Moondragon's.

Proteus in Mr.Immortal or Hulk's body.
An aged Kid Omega
MJJ
Jamie Braddock
Legion+X-man+Vulcan O.o ?

King Kandy
Ooh, I got it...

Mr. Immortal/Protege.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by llagrok
I wouldn't put Thanos above Xavier, far from it. Didn't even know his telepathy was above Moondragon's.

Dude, Moondragon couldn't get into his mind with the mind gem. He one-shotted her in a TP battle. He is certainly over Xavier.

celestialdemon
Dude, Moondragon couldn't get into his mind with the mind gem. He one-shotted her in a TP battle. He is certainly over Xavier.

Moondragon can't get into his mind with the Mind Gem because Warlock put restrictions on the gems so they wouldn't work against other members of the Watch.

Not agreeing with one side or the other. Just wanted to point that out.

TricksterPriest
He wasn't with the watch at the time. wink But yes, you're right about that. He's got the TP juice to WTFPWN Xavier.

Utrigita
Thanos has displayed telepathic abilities in the past, most notably before his death. In fact, the Loose-leaf update of the HBOTMU states that Thanos possesses psionic abilities.

This ability is typically innate among the cosmic Eternals, but not always so among the Titans

The level of Thanos' telepathic prowess is unknown. It was presumed to be at a low level. When he decided to make a move against the Goddess during the Infinity Crusade, he employed the aid of Professor Charles Xavier to utilize his telepathic abilities. It bears mentioning that Xavier is ranked as arguably the most powerful psionic on Earth, and likely ranks among the top Psionics in the known Universe

Despite the presumably low level at which he is able to gain telepathic egress into another's mind, Thanos is a formidable psionic combatant, having shown prowess sufficient enough to defeat both Drax and Moondragon in mental combat. While willpower isn't a quality that can be easily measured...Thanos' force of will is the equal of anyone's.

from http://corvusonline.net/thanos/powers.html

fredstawill
cable and professor x or prof x plus wolvie

Utrigita
Actually what about Franklin richards (grown up and without reality warping powers) and professor X

Tazer
Yo.

Paragon & Nemesis Kid. FTW. big grin

Tazer

Darth Macabre
Exactly how powerful was he? What do you mean? He did nuke his world. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.