Gore Not on board for 4?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IheartPocky
From Ohjohnny.net:

http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc3/potc3news43.html

Jim Hill
Monday Mouse Watch: Is Gore Verbinski looking to bail on "Pirates 4" ?

Ah, the things you can learn while attending a children's book signing. Jim Hill reveals what Berkeley Breathed said about Gore Verbinski's current attitude toward pirates as well as what Robert Zemeckis' first big project for Walt Disney Pictures may be
First the good news: The rumors that you've hearing are true. Johnny Depp actually has told the folk at Walt Disney Studios that he'd be willing to reprise the role of Capt. Jack Sparrow. Which is why the Mouse has already tentatively made plans to shoot "Pirates 4" in 2009. With the hope that this film could then be the studio's tent pole for the summer of 2009.

Now the bad news: When Johnny finally swaggers back in front of the camera, his longtime collaborator -- director Gore Verbinski (Who has helmed all three installments of Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean" series to date: 2003's "Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl," 2006's "Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest" and 2007's "At World's End"wink -- may not be there to say "Action !"

Why For? Because -- as author Berkeley Breathed explained this past Friday night on the first stop of his "Mars Needs Moms!" book tour:

"Gore's sick of pirates. If I wrote a scene that had to be shot on water, he'd run the other way."

And Breathed? He's in a really good position to know Verbinski's mindset these days. Given that Berkeley & Gore are now working together to try & turn Breathed's 2003 children's book, "Flawed Dogs: The Year End Leftovers at the Piddleton "Last Chance" Dog Pound" into a CG film for Walt Disney Pictures.
"

I don't think I want a 4th pirates if Gore isn't directing.

ADarksideJedi
WHy are they making a number four?I was pretty sure this was the last one.If they keep on making more it is going to spoil the whole movie.Man am I mad now.jm

ivebeendepped43
if there is a pirates 4, it HAS to be directed by Gore! thats like....Ted and Terry not writing the script! you cant have the movie without him!

JaehSkywalker
yeah. what ibd said.

but.. i kinda don't want POTC to have a four. i dunno why though.

xXSweetSXx
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
if there is a pirates 4, it HAS to be directed by Gore! thats like....Ted and Terry not writing the script! you cant have the movie without him!

Took the words right out of my mouth!

I LOVE pirates but a 4th one is going too far. I know when POTC3 comes out I'll cry Or sob, But I don't want them to make a fourth one D:

IheartPocky
Agreed. hehe

Captain REX
A fourth movie would be overdoing it, I feel. Star Wars pulled it off, but the fourth, fifth, and sixth movies (in order filmed, not episode number) were filmed 20 years after the first three. ermm

JaehSkywalker
you said it. ^^

surfchikpir8fan
What about prequels? But yeah, I agree, without Gore there wouldn't be any point!

T.Maria
its been rumoured that spiderman are making 3 more films...
but i have little faith in them since the 3rd one was a pile of $h!t!

Seriously...im just hoping AWE will restore my faith in humanity and beat spidey at the box office on opening weekend, because spidey didn't deserve the success....everyone i know came out going;

"Jesus...i cant believe i sat through that"

come on AWE!!! big grin

There was a point i was supposed to be making here....oh yeah!! smile

If AWE breaks records (and you know it will) then you are probably almost guaranteed that they will make more films...

I hope gore doesn't pass on his directors torch...they've done that in almost all of the harry potter films, and none of them look as good as the first two (which were directed by chris columbus)...the director makes such a great mark on a film....

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Captain REX
A fourth movie would be overdoing it, I feel. Star Wars pulled it off, but the fourth, fifth, and sixth movies (in order filmed, not episode number) were filmed 20 years after the first three. ermm

Star wars can always pull it off fine!But other movies can't.So no more four!jm sad

calypso
Wouldn't it be awful if Disney had made so much money on the Pirate franchise that they have enough money to tank a 4th one so that everyone would lose interest in more, more, more.

IMOA the fourth will be a prequel to set up the CJS character so Orly and Keira won't be needed. Boo-hoo.

calypso
Oh, and Gore may be working on another project with someone, but Johnny is working on 10 projects at one time and may appear in the 4th due to film in August.

All I can say is the only true success Gore has had as a director has been POTC all three chapters and drum roll please, get ready.......
the Budweiser Frog commercials.

So, what do any of you think? Money talks and Gore may make the walk. He has a vision about pirates that may not be as defined in another director, if someone else comes on board.

Man, I love his interpretation. I don't want another director.

willofthewisp
POTC just wouldn't the same without Will and Liz and Norrington. They have to be there. Or else POTC4 is the equivalent of The Lucy Show.

calypso
Get ready.......

Lucy I'm home!

In all seriousness, no one wants to comment on a 4th, 5th, or 6th before 3 comes out because of all the hype over DMC and oops, there were quite few threads left dangling. Lot's of ppl were upset over that.

I know Jerry said there might be a 4th, because there may be a little thread left dangling. But wouldn't it be great to see Pintel and Regette in a cartoon series directed by Gore, who did the Budweiser frog commercials and Jerry Bruckheimer Producer? Something like the Simpsons only it could be oh maybe The CSI Pirates of the Carribean. We could see it everyweek like CSI Las Vegas or CSI Miami, CSI New York.

Each week they would find a new ship wreck and dissect the heck out of the skeletons and the cause of the ship wrecks. And the pirate booty would be all us watching each week. hahahaha

JacksSweet

Bwa Ha Ha
If they think of releasing a 4th one in 2009 to clear any plot activity up, everyone will have forgotten about it and moved on by then....

Bloomaholic
i said this on another post....4 is goin way too far lol

diddly
ya I think so too.. they'd have to extend it and extend it just making up BS along the way....personally 3 is good.... but well find out at the end of AWE

Bloomaholic
3 is a good number for a trilogy....the only GOOD excuse they would have to make more pirate movies is if there were books sort of like the harry potter trilogy i guess...even tho i only like the 3rd one for some reason lol

willofthewisp
Just think about the emphasis they're putting on everyone's storylines ending with this one. 4 would seem so detached and out of place.

PirateDiva
hmmmm...im sad i actually like the idea of a 4th....oh well thats Just me....I Guess I just really dont want to say Goodbye to Jack yet!!

willofthewisp
Hey, if Keira, Orlando, Jack, Kevin, Geoffrey and co are all on board, then I'm for it, especially if it's written by T&T. But in the hands of someone else, I just don't think it would belong next to the others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.