Thanos vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
Inspired by Manorastroman.

Both at full power. Thanos is at his power before Drax backstabbed him. Sentry is himself, with the void somewhere in his head.

Fight starts in Central Park.

Ready? GO! cool

Galan007
Sentry ftw!

HA!!!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Galan007
Sentry ftw!

HA!!!

Oh it's on now. big grin Thanos gets into his head, and makes him think he's fighting the void again.

Ytse
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Oh it's on now. big grin Thanos gets into his head, and makes him think he's fighting the void again.

Thanos is a pretty demoralizing opponent.

guy222

Both at full power. Thanos is at his power before Drax backstabbed him. Sentry is himself, with the void somewhere in his head.

Ready? GO! cool

hmmthanos

TricksterPriest
yes Mad Titan rocks the casbah.

Priest
At the moment the fight stats Drax jumps behind thanos and shoves his fist through his chest and rips his heart out.
Sentry ftw

guy222
Originally posted by Priest
At the moment the fight stats Drax jumps behind thanos and shoves his fist through his chest and rips his heart out.
Sentry ftw

Drax isn't allowed big grin If so, I give Thanos, Mistress Death stick out tongue

guy222
yes Mad Titan rocks the casbah.

reading the newspaper

llagrok
Guess what picture I'm going to post now.

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
Guess what picture I'm going to post now.

hmm

how r ya

llagrok
Originally posted by guy222
hmm

how r ya

If you guessed Drax vs Thanos

I'm good thanks smile u?

manorastroman

Ready? GO! cool

roll eyes (sarcastic) baby pacified?

how did this: Originally posted by manorastroman
to trickster: i don't think sentry could beat thanos, but i also don't really think thanos could beat sentry. as of now, it's impossible to gauge sentry's power; like i said, we'll know more when he loses/shows a limit.

personally (feats, combined with my perception of marvel's intentions), i think sentry is supposed to bridge the gap between herald level and thanos level (much like superman would, if he were in the MU).

inspire this thread? i said that it was too difficult to judge, and that i personally think sentry is below thanos but above a herald.

rotiart
.... personally... after all the issues and comics that established thanos durability.... to have him go down from a SINGLE strike from Drax says.... PIS... CIS... either that Thanos is a clone, or Thanos planned for wanted to die cause his missed his baby's mama.

mykke
nah drax is like a plot device, he is supposed to be the only one that can kill thanos like that, he can get past his defenses.

His Airness
Originally posted by manorastroman
roll eyes (sarcastic) baby pacified?

how did this:

inspire this thread? i said that it was too difficult to judge, and that i personally think sentry is below thanos but above a herald.

Sentry's done nothing to suggest he's above herald lv, in fact he's done nothing imo to suggest he could take the majority against mid tier heralds let alone the leaders of the pack.(top tiers)

golem370
He beat Terrax who in fact was a Herald.

King Kandy
They have roughly equal power.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by King Kandy
They have roughly equal power. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/aae.jpg

Give me ONE feat he's done that puts him at Thanos level. And don't say the stalemate Galactus feat, that's hearsay and bullshit. miffed

Estacado
He stalemated Photon!!!!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Estacado
He stalemated Photon!!!!

Ambiguous feat! dur Plus, we all know Joe Q was wanking his golden boy. Genis would ass-rape Sentry any day of the week. wink

King Kandy
Dude, you can't just say a feat is PIS unless it contradicts earlier showings.

Sentry has ALWAYS been portrayed as that powerful.

TricksterPriest
As powerful as Thanos or Genis? laughing No, he hasn't. no expression

For all the wankage, he's not high tier herald level. Most of big G's heralds would kick his ass. So would alot of others.

King Kandy
Lets see... Sentry's record.

Vs. Absorbing Man: Win
Vs. Genis: Tie
Vs. Hulk: Win
Vs. Terrax: Win
Vs. Dr. Strange: Ambigous.

What do you see here that looks like a low showing?

TricksterPriest

Let's go over those again, shall we?

Vs. Absorbing Man: Win. Bullshit win. AM has absorbed things that are least on par with Sentry. Thor's hammer, Q-bands, Ultron's knowledge, magic blasts, etc.
Vs. Genis: Tie. Wankage. Genis would destroy Sentry.
Vs. Hulk: Win I'll give you that one.
Vs. Terrax: Win Terrax was a horrible jobber prior to Annihilation.
Vs. Dr. Strange: Ambigous. Complete bullshit feat. He's depowered right now.

SpunkySmurph

Vs. Absorbing Man: Pwnage
Vs. Terrax: Pwnage
Vs. Dr. Strange's Spell: Win.

What do you see here that looks like a low showing? Fixed.

King Kandy
So EVERY good feat of his is PIS? Bullshit! He has high end feats like that. It's his power level.

If a guy can beat top tiers in every appearence, you can't say he's below top tier... It just doesn't work like that.

SpunkySmurph
Let's go over those again, shall we? Yes, let's.

Vs. Absorbing Man: Win. Bullshit win. AM has absorbed things that are least on par with Sentry. Thor's hammer, Q-bands, Ultron's knowledge, magic blasts, etc. So you call it bullshit just because it would put him above Thor in raw power? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not to mention, it showed how much Sentry holds back as compared to his normal power. And he won't be holding back in forum fights.

Vs. Genis: Tie. Wankage. Genis would destroy Sentry. Based on what?

Vs. Terrax: Win Terrax was a horrible jobber prior to Annihilation. Sounds like an excuse.

King Kandy
If he regularly has above top-tier feats, it's not PIS but rather proof he is an above top-tier character.

Soljer
"I don't like it, it didn't happen!!!!"

Galactus may be hearsay and bullshit, but Sentry friggin OWNED the Absorbing man, he shatted on the Hulk, he effortlessly stomped Terrax, he stalemated Genis while holding back, and broke out of Strange's spells.

Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it's PIS. It doesn't conflict with any of his other showings. Sentry IS in line to become top tier herald, and his current feats display that fact.

If Thor beats him when he returns, fair enough. If the Hulk beats him in World War Hulk, okay....

But currently? To my knowledge? The guy has a SINGLE loss - to CLOC. And he only has that loss because he ALWAYS holds back.

I wouldn't say he's Thanos level, but Sentry is definitely in line to become a Top-Tier-Heralder, all of his feats point in that direction.

dvampire
Thanos wins. Sentry still hasn't shown enough.

Soljer
Holy shit, if dvamp thinks Thanos beats Sentry....

He must think Sentry is...I dunno...quicksilver level or some such. no expression.

dvampire
Originally posted by Soljer
Holy shit, if dvamp thinks Thanos beats Sentry....

He must think Sentry is...I dunno...quicksilver level or some such. no expression.

I don't get it. confused

Board Walker
Sentry has shown nothing but good showings, and he was holding back in every single one of them.

People claiming he has no feats is just a forum bias.

Soljer
Originally posted by Board Walker
Sentry has shown nothing but good showings, and he was holding back in every single one of them.

Cosigned.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Board Walker

Lack of feats = Lack of external validity

Before an upper limit is shown his power level cannot be gauged in anyway.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Lack of feats = Lack of external validity

Before an upper limit is shown his power level cannot be gauged in anyway.

Untrue. Before an upper limit is shown, we can still know he is "greater than XXXX."

Knaw-meeen?

Symmetric Chaos
Untrue. Before an upper limit is shown, we can still know he is "greater than XXXX."

sly Damn. Hoist by my own petard.

ABC logic is still iffy and extrapolating up from his existing feats is meaningless. If they never give him a loss then he can only be placed in a debate against people of power levels he's already defeated.

blink Functional invincibility much?

Knaw-meeen?

I don't speak Klingon . . .

Soljer
I'm not using ABC logic, I'm just saying we know the levels of power he's displayed. We know he can output at LEAST XXXX power, and that he holds back like crazy. That's all we really have to go on, right now, though...it doesn't make for the MOST solid debates, but it's something.

Knaw-meen is ebonics for "Do you know what I mean?"

His Airness

Which still isn't a more impressive set of feats than Superman's, Thor's, Surfer's, GL's(Hal & Kyle), etc. In fact, most of the characters feats I've mentioned highest feats are far more impressive than Sentry's.

Sentry has done nothing to place him over herald lv.

Soljer
Originally posted by His Airness
Which still isn't a more impressive set of feats than Superman's, Thor's, Surfer's, GL's(Hal & Kyle), etc. In fact, most of the characters feats I've mentioned highest feats are far more impressive than Sentry's.

Maybe, maybe not. But he's done plenty to wedge his foot firmly in the door of 'high herald' level

TricksterPriest
Even taking all those previous feats as legitimate, (Which I don't), he's done jack shit to show he can beat Thanos even once.

His Airness
Maybe, maybe not. But he's done plenty to wedge his foot firmly in the door of 'high herald' level

You think so? ermm

I just don't see him above Adam and Marvel.

His Airness
Even taking all those previous feats as legitimate, (Which I don't), he's done jack shit to show he can beat Thanos even once.

So you made the thread why? ermm

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by His Airness

Bravo. That's the same reason I think Sentry can't beat either of them. He may have some nice high-end feats, but the Superman/Thor/Surfer/GL Kyle-Hal crowd is very tough to overcome in a featwar. Which is why I said Sentry loses to Thor in the Sentry vs. Thor thread; but back then I didn't feel the need to harass Sentry's true believers with high-end Thor feats.

Jebus reborn

Galactus may be hearsay and bullshit, but Sentry friggin OWNED the Absorbing man, he shatted on the Hulk, he effortlessly stomped Terrax, he stalemated Genis while holding back, and broke out of Strange's spells.

Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it's PIS. It doesn't conflict with any of his other showings. Sentry IS in line to become top tier herald, and his current feats display that fact.
You're adressing the person, who has Apoc have unlimited strength/power vs Glads, and then against Thanos, Apoc got depowered...

Basically, according to some awesome logic, Sentry has no feats, because they're all bullshit...
A f*cking plus logic!

llagrok
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Bravo. That's the same reason I think Sentry can't beat either of them. He may have some nice high-end feats, but the Superman/Thor/Surfer/GL Kyle-Hal crowd is very tough to overcome in a featwar. Which is why I said Sentry loses to Thor in the Sentry vs. Thor thread; but back then I didn't feel the need to harass Sentry's true believers with high-end Thor feats.

People can't really expect him to do that either, since he's a relatively new character.

King Kandy
My point in listing those feats wasn't to show how high his feats are, it was to show he has no low feats.

starlock
Thanos for the win

Maybe not a low feat ,but Dr Strange looked like his spell caught sentry as well as the other Mighty Avengers,just a thought,i like sentry but i dont think he can take Thanos

Hercules
This is actually a tough one, as has been stated Sentry does have a few feats that put him up there but based on the fact that Thanos has more feats that are also pretty awesome I would give The Mad Titan the edge.

golem370
What worse all the people Terrax has jobbered to or Firelord getting beat by Spider-Man and one shotted by Hercules?

CasanoVa
Originally posted by golem370
What worse all the people Terrax has jobbered to or Firelord getting beat by Spider-Man and one shotted by Hercules?

How was the thing against Strange ambigous? Hardly, Strange uses black magic against him, he breaks out of it and pimp slaps him erm.

Very clear from where I'm standing.

Hercules
How is getting knocked on your ass by a Class 100 Brick who blindsides you a low showing?

Firelord wasn't even out cold as I recall, Hercules is after all physicaly stronger than Firelord and he wasn't expecting it.

EDIT: And what the hell has that got to do with this fight anyway? What the f**k?

Supreme being
Originally posted by CasanoVa
How was the thing against Strange ambiguous? Hardly, Strange uses black magic against him, he breaks out of it and pimp slaps him erm.

Very clear from where I'm standing.

Its ambiguous in the sense that its the same strange that has stood toe to toe with high end cosmic entities and high end magic gods. It just makes people wonder thats all.

Supreme being
And were would people class the Sentry getting a nose bleed from IronMan do we dismiss that as PIS or what i mean that was probably his lowest showing and from IronMan none the less. So if we take that on board then his durability is certainly questionable.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Supreme being
Its ambiguous in the sense that its the same strange that has stood toe to toe with high end cosmic entities and high end magic gods. It just makes people wonder thats all.

Yeah..

It's also the same Strange that got shot by a gun, and is getting stabbed by a ninja in an upcoming issue of New Avengers.

I fail to see what's hard to understand, Strange tried a spell, Sentry overpowered it (it's not like nobody has ever done that to Strange before) and then slapped him.

But Strange is getting raped over in New Avengers anyways, BKV's "Dr Strange : The Oath" had him at a pretty believable level.

Supreme being
Yeah..

It's also the same Strange that got shot by a gun, and is getting stabbed by a ninja in an upcoming issue of New Avengers.

I fail to see what's hard to understand, Strange tried a spell, Sentry overpowered it (it's not like nobody has ever done that to Strange before) and then slapped him.

But Strange is getting raped over in New Avengers anyways, BKV's "Dr Strange : The Oath" had him at a pretty believable level.

Yeah..

Its been stated by Marvel that they plan on depowering strange so all new occurrences involving the character are to be faced with more difficulties than the old strange.

CasanoVa
Yeah..

Its been stated by Marvel that they plan on depowering strange so all new occurrences involving the character are to be faced with more difficulties than the old strange.

Stated my arse.

Power levels fluctuate, it's what they do.

He's still just as powerful as he was before, it's all about how the writer wants to interpret them. Like Superman, one minute he's getting his ass handed to him by Doomsday, the next he's one shotting him.

FYI, Sentry didn't have a nose-bleed.

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0002iy1.jpg

Where's the blood? Blood is red. The first planel may have "floaty bits" after Stark hits him, but the exact same thing happens when Sentry punches Stark two panels later, yet Stark's in a suit of armour, how can armour bleed?

Supreme being
Stated my arse.

Power levels fluctuate, it's what they do.

He's still just as powerful as he was before, it's all about how the writer wants to interpret them. Like Superman, one minute he's getting his ass handed to him by Doomsday, the next he's one shotting him.

FYI, Sentry didn't have a nose-bleed.

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0002iy1.jpg

Where's the blood? Blood is red. The first planel may have "floaty bits" after Stark hits him, but the exact same thing happens when Sentry punches Stark two panels later, yet Stark's in a suit of armour, how can armour bleed?

roll eyes (sarcastic) Well i guess it was just snot.

CasanoVa
roll eyes (sarcastic) Well i guess it was just snot.

Yeah, like you have any proof otherwise.

I'm just saying, it's open to interpretation and rather "ambiguous" the guy that stale-mated Galactus got a nose-bleed from a punch thrown from Iron Man (a very lowly class 100).

It's not like Sentry didn't go on to utterly destroy him anyways, without Cloc Stark would have been ****ed.

llagrok
What comic is that picture from btw?

D-Block

If Thor beats him when he returns, fair enough. If the Hulk beats him in World War Hulk, okay....

But currently? To my knowledge? The guy has a SINGLE loss - to CLOC. And he only has that loss because he ALWAYS holds back.

I wouldn't say he's Thanos level, but Sentry is definitely in line to become a Top-Tier-Heralder, all of his feats point in that direction.

Co-signed

SpunkySmurph
roll eyes (sarcastic) Well i guess it was just snot. It looks just like saliva (judging by how he wipes his mouth) or random artistic effect (judging by how there's much more when he hits Stark).

I recall Gamora knocking saliva out of Thanos as well... lolz, she must be able to really hurt him!!1!!1!one!

King Kandy
The Doctor Strange thing I was reffering to was when Doctor Strange made Sentry think he was an ordinary human in an insane asylum.

Supreme being
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
It looks just like saliva (judging by how he wipes his mouth) or random artistic effect (judging by how there's much more when he hits Stark).

I recall Gamora knocking saliva out of Thanos as well... lolz, she must be able to really hurt him!!1!!1!one!

confused What the f**k? What from the nose?

King Kandy
confused What the f**k? What from the nose?
What?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.