Naming your kid after a star wars Chactor abit strange?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
I do know that alot of fans of starwars from the sixtys seventys and so on do name there kid's after star wars chactors.But do you think it is abit strange to do that?
If it was me I would never do that to my kid.It would be very strange and abit unhealty what do you guys think?jm smile

Riverollv
It is undeniably something strange---and sick--- to do

Alliance
Originally posted by Riverollv
It is undeniably something strange---and sick--- to do

Burnt Pancakes
I was thinking of naming my kid Clone #7183.

Riverollv
lol

Tangible God
I'd name my kid Revan. His friends would be all like, "What kinda RoXorz name is that?" And he'd be all like, "Dudes, I gotta retro video game name, but no one knows 'cause that game's like 10 years old."

vader11
Many people are named Luke...

overlord
Meh.. Leia, Luke and Han are nice names. Anakin would be kinda lame though.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by vader11
Many people are named Luke...

I know some lukes but I don't think they are name that because of star wars.jm smile

Morridini
There's a Norwegian boy with the middle name Darth.

kamikz
What if you named your son Kyle. Hahaha......................

overlord
Then I'd personally come beat that person up. smile

Count Makashi
Naming your kid after a SW character is strange, but its even stranger(and sad), if you name a kid Rambo or Brucelee, i know i gypsy whose name is Brucelee. Thats sad.

Riverollv
Yeah, it IS sad and strange, but first of all it's SICK! I mean, what kind of super-starwars-loving-freak would name his son or daughter after a SW character?!

Riverollv
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Naming your kid after a SW character is strange, but its even stranger(and sad), if you name a kid Rambo or Brucelee, i know i gypsy whose name is Brucelee. Thats sad.

Come on, now. I would prefer to name my son Rambo than Ulic Qel-Droma or Boba

Count Makashi
You would rather have your son named after a Neanderthal, one brain cell, lets shut first and don't ask questions bodybuilder, with a speech disability, thats sad.

Riverollv
Than Ulic Qel-Droma? Yeah. And I never saw it that way so, I'll just say they both suck

Null ARC Avis
DUDE! i am going to name my daughter Exile!

Tangible God
How about Kreia?

ADarksideJedi
Well I like the name Jade and she is from the books I think.So in a way naming my daugther after her would be doing that.But I am not about to say so.jm

Riverollv
Originally posted by Tangible God
How about Kreia?

Kreia isn't actually a bad name when you come to think about it.

vader11
Originally posted by kamikz
What if you named your son Kyle. Hahaha......................

.................................... There are people called Kyle, seriously.

Riverollv
Yeah.... and Luke, and my aunt is called Mara... count the facto that I'm mexican and it's not a strange name in here

ADarksideJedi
I work with someone name Kyle.There are alot of them at my job.I doubt it if it has anything to do with star wars.jm

JaehSkywalker
my friend's named Luke....

after the SW char. *scratches head*

i've always thought it's pretty cool. srug

overlord
As long as no one is gonna call their kids Obi or Yoda.

jollyjim311
I'm naming my kids Wedge, Biggs, and Nihilus. no expression

Willaume
laughing out loud

I.M.H.O., it all depends.

There are many names found throughout the S.W. "pantheon" that are actual, real-world names, (e.g., Han, Jacen, Jade, Kyle, Luke, Leia, Mara, etc.), and so I wouldn't feel adverse naming any children I had one of said names. After that, though....it gets kinda' messy.

At the most, I'd consider naming a son Revan, (although it would likely be a middle-name). Other S.W. names are just too wacky....except perhaps Jolee, which I'd use if I was black. stick out tongue

Null ARC Avis
i would name m,y kid Czechoslovakia! All the other kidsd would be, like, yo, sup Czechoslovakia!

Council#13
I wouldn't call your kid Czechslovakia. I'd call him Checkie. Or Checkers. And then for his birthday I'd be him a suit with white and black boxes on it and I'd be like, "Lie down so we can play games on your back." Throw in some supermodels in bikinis and you've got yourself one hell of a birthday party.

Burnt Pancakes
Name your kid Dessel. Nebaris will probably get a name change to that when he's older.

Nikkolas
I'm naming my kid Gohan.

If I have a second one, though, he'll be Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.