Disney PUSHES UP THE PREMIERE OF AWE to May 24th!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PirateDiva
Omg guys Disney just confirmed that they are pushing up the release of Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End to Thursday May 24th starting at 8pm!!! Omg!! eek!

http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc3/potc3news44.html

Found by Abbie at Variety
Disney moves up 'Pirates' opening
Studio to release film a few hours earlier
By DAVE MCNARY

'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'
Disney is seeking to capture extra early B.O. for 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End,' shifting its bow to Thursday evening, May 24.
With no fanfare, Disney has nudged forward the opening of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" by a few hours to the evening of May 24.
Disney confirmed the move Monday, a day after Sony's "Spider-Man 3" demolished the domestic opening weekend record in $151 million in North America -- $15 million more than last July's $135.6 million launch for "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

As is often the case with tentpoles, the new Spidey record included early showings -- in this case, screenings of at midnight and 3 a.m. on opening day, last Friday.

Disney said it began asking exhibitors last week to schedule the first screenings of "At World's End" for 8 p.m. on May 24 -- a Thursday that ushers in Memorial Day weekend. With anticipation sky-high for the third "Pirates," Disney could conceivably regain bragging rights for the top opening frame.

Summer tentpole "Shrek the Third," by contrast, isn't budging from its opening on Friday, May 18, according to Jim Tharp, Paramount prexy of domestic distribution. The core "Shrek" aud will still be in school, giving Par less motive to go earlier.

"Shrek 2" opened with $108 million after launching on a Wednesday three years ago in what is still the fifth-highest debut weekend on recor

Minie Mina
I know! I just read!!! WOW.

Ditte3
That's great.Fortunately.We have premiere on thet day too.I'm so happy.

Tramps Lady
well, thats when it comes out in Australia heheheh

Ditte3
Hi Tramps Lady.I'm waiting for aSparrabeth end.Sorry,no shipping I know.

ADarksideJedi
It is coming out real soon and I have yet to see it review on tv.Strange.jm

calypso
If there is only one showing planned, how will this help POTC exceed Spidey's opening day. I guess I am confused.

PirateDiva
because spidey also had screenings begining at 8 the day b4 it's release!! so that helps Pirates in sales!!

a-k-a-amber
ive got tickerts for 8:00 pm on may the twentyfourth and im excited big grin

Legendary Thor
Shame i wont go to premiere sad but atleast i can go and see the movie later on
http://www.changemedia.org/photos/peacemarch/images/photos/4.%20Signs/Star%20Spangled%20Bummer.jpg

Dinglehopper
Woo-Hoo

ivebeendepped43
no....way! omg r u serious???!!! a day earlier?! YES!!!!!! but why @ 8??

ivebeendepped43
omg i just realized..its not a day earlier, its a couple hours earlier.....my bad

JaehSkywalker
just heard it earlier! panic gah!!!

IheartPocky
I saw that a few days ago.. sucks though cause i have prior obligations at 8 lol

ivebeendepped43
well cancel them!!

IheartPocky
I can't and don't really want to lol Im going at 11:35 which is still better than 11:59 smile

diddly
omfg!!!!!!!!1

Bwa Ha Ha
YAY!!!!

AudioHeart
WOO HOO rock happy Happy Dance eek! big grin rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud sorry I'm HYPO

Bwa Ha Ha
Totally!

diddly
I'm so psyched now

Bwa Ha Ha
y

diddly
they moved the date a day early

Bwa Ha Ha
oh yeah totally

diddly
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.