Street-level Olympics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Two teams have six members each to participate in the Comics Olympics. Each member of the team must participate in a event and can only participate in ONE event. Which team wins overall (you choose who competes in what)?

Archery (Aim)
Boxing (Fighting skill)
Fencing (Weapon mastery)
Gymnastics (Body control)
200 Meter Dash (Speed)
Shot Put (Power)

Black Panther's Team: Black Panther, Spiderman, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Taskmaster, Daredevil

versus

Captain America's Team: Captain America, Nightcrawler, Iron Fist, Bullseye, Beast, Sabretooth

Explain your choice and your lineup of who participates in what on the team you picked.

Symmetric Chaos
Archery - TM and Bullseye both get prefect scores.
Boxing - IF vs Wolvie. Fist wins.
Fencing - NC vs Hawkeye. NC probably.
Gymnastics - Beast vs DD. Edge to Beast.
200m - BP vs Cap. Dunno I'd say they're even.
ShotPut - Spidey vs Sabes. Spidey

Soljer
So many different potential combinations....

Gah, in the end, I'd say that Cap, Nightcrawler, Danny, Bullseye, Beast, and Sabretooth pull out the win.

SpunkySmurph
Archery- Bullseye vs. Hawkeye- BE
Boxing- DD vs. Captain America- DD
Fencing- Taskmaster vs. Nightcrawler- Taskmaster
Gymnastics- Beast vs. Black Panther- Beast
Dash- Sabertooth vs. Wolverine- Wolverine (iffy though)
Shotput- Spider-Man vs. Ironfist- Ironfist (by a mile)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Shotput- Spider-Man vs. Ironfist- Ironfist (by a mile)

huh

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
huh If danny gives the fist his all, it becomes pretty easily in the class 100 levels.

Soljer
Bullseye takes AIM. (0-1).

Captain America takes fighting skill. (0-2).

Taskmaster takes weapon mastery. (1-2).

Spidey takes either speed or gymnastics. Beast takes the other. (2-3).

Iron Fist takes the shot-put. (2-4).

Meh.

complexbrother
Spiderman win's every event . he's the fastedt strongest, most agile. person you mentoned . he's not street level. neither is Beast or sabertooth.

llagrok
Originally posted by complexbrother
Spiderman win's every event . he's the fastedt strongest, most agile. person you mentoned . he's not street level. neither is Beast or sabertooth.

Priceless.

Scoobless
If danny gives the fist his all, it becomes pretty easily in the class 100 levels.

What the f**k? ... he doesn't get to punch the shot though ... and his chi doesn't actually give him high level strength.

Spider-Man FTW in the shot put

ankur29

agreed

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Scoobless
What the f**k? ... he doesn't get to punch the shot though ... and his chi doesn't actually give him high level strength.

Spider-Man FTW in the shot put In shot put, you don't throw it. You "put" it. It's basically like a punch with an open palm... so I would think the force would work similarily.

Either way, I've seen Danny amp all kinds of things with his chi (speed, reactions, fighting skill, etc.)

I've heard of him being able to grant himself near-precog with the chi.

I'm betting that strength amplification is just as easy.

Hyperion Prime

You are 100% correct. He even wins in archery. His spider sense gives him 100% accuracy.

Symmetric Chaos

Yes yes go on leftright

grey fox

200m - BP vs Cap. Dunno I'd say they're even.

Cap can run a mile a minuite...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
Cap can run a mile a minuite...

But black people have super oxygenated blood and an extra bone in their foot.

leftright

Soljer
In shot put, you don't throw it. You "put" it. It's basically like a punch with an open palm... so I would think the force would work similarily.

Either way, I've seen Danny amp all kinds of things with his chi (speed, reactions, fighting skill, etc.)

I've heard of him being able to grant himself near-precog with the chi.

I'm betting that strength amplification is just as easy.

He's been strong enough to punch a steel girder in half without the use of the Iron Fist. 313.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
He's been strong enough to punch a steel girder in half without the use of the Iron Fist. 313.

It was SecondarySteel not the real stuff . . .

Soljer
It was SecondarySteel not the real stuff . . .

I'm not quite sure if you're making a joke about secondary vs. primary adamantium, or are serious.

If the former, durfist.

If the latter - where was it referenced that it was this 'secondary' steel? I certainly don't recall that. It was about to be put in a sky scraper, so I doubt it was too brittle...

Symmetric Chaos
I'm not quite sure if you're making a joke about secondary vs. primary adamantium, or are serious.

If the former, durfist.

If the latter - where was it referenced that it was this 'secondary' steel? I certainly don't recall that. It was about to be put in a sky scraper, so I doubt it was too brittle...

The former.

TricksterPriest
Danny smashed the wrecking crew, including breaking Thunderball's wrecking ball in one shot. It took Hulk&Herc a good amount of effort to smash that ball.

I'm pretty sure Sym is making a joke. durfist

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Danny smashed the wrecking crew, including breaking Thunderball's wrecking ball in one shot. It took Hulk&Herc a good amount of effort to smash that ball.

I'm pretty sure Sym is making a joke. durfist

Indeed. I loved seeing Danny one-shot the wrecking ball.

King KAM
Cap beats anyone in the boxing, and can beat anyone in the dash sans spider-man...who shouldnt even be on here..

Soljer
Originally posted by King KAM
Cap beats anyone in the boxing, and can beat anyone in the dash sans spider-man...who shouldnt even be on here..

Except for nightcrawler...shifty.

SpunkySmurph
I would put DD's boxing as > to Cap's, based on the senses and that fact that american-style boxing is a key part of DD's normal fighting style.

masterbruce

Each person can only compete in ONE event.

King KAM
I would put DD's boxing as > to Cap's, based on the senses and that fact that american-style boxing is a key part of DD's normal fighting style. considering it is caps too... i would tell you to shut the **** up.

SpunkySmurph
considering it is caps too... i would tell you to shut the **** up. Which is why I included the senses as part of my reasoning. Not to mention, Cap doesn't have the shield here, so that's another bonus for DD.

Then I would tell you to back the f*ck off.

King KAM
Which is why I included the senses as part of my reasoning. Not to mention, Cap doesn't have the shield here, so that's another bonus for DD.

Then I would tell you to back the f*ck off. cap doesnt depend on the shield, jesus read some goddamn captain america before you go spouting off at the mouth.

Cap is the weapon, not the shield.

Daredevils senses wont help, considering smelling another mans sweat, and hearing better aint gonna matter when cap is pounding his face in with leather.

Cap is stronger, faster, more skilled, more experienced.

in your face.

Soljer
Which is why I included the senses as part of my reasoning. Not to mention, Cap doesn't have the shield here, so that's another bonus for DD.

Then I would tell you to back the f*ck off.

"I am Captain America, the shield is not."

The Shield may make him MORE dangerous, but it isn't like he isn't still pretty much the strongest, fastest, most skilled street leveller in Marvel WITHOUT it.

Scoobless
In shot put, you don't throw it. You "put" it. It's basically like a punch with an open palm... so I would think the force would work similarily.

It' not really like a punch at all, you have to push outward/upward starting from your neck while walking forward.

boriquaking55
Spider Man shouldn't even be in these Olympics, he's got too many superhuman abilities that it wouldn't be fair for the others.

SpunkySmurph
cap doesnt depend on the shield, jesus read some goddamn captain america before you go spouting off at the mouth.

Cap is the weapon, not the shield.

Daredevils senses wont help, considering smelling another mans sweat, and hearing better aint gonna matter when cap is pounding his face in with leather.

Cap is stronger, faster, more skilled, more experienced.

in your face. Kam, I'm not trying to be an ass here, so don't treat me like it. No one's attacking Cap here. I have healthy respect for the guy, and I do read Captain America, thank you very much. erm

I realise that, but, like it or not, it does help the guy in fighting scenarios. I'm well aware how deadly he is with or without the shield, but it still should be taken into account that he won't be using it.

Now- Considering they'll tell Daredevil where,when,and how Cap's attacking as soon as he moves even slightly, I'd say they help a lot.

Boxing wise, I'd put DD's skill very close to Cap's, and I'd give him the edge based on senses, while taking into account that he doesn't have shield.

Love it or hate it, that's my opinion.

Kapeesh?

jrodslam
Archery (Aim) - Hawkeye vs Bullseye = Bullseye winner

Boxing (Fighting skill) - Daredevil vs Captain America = Daredevil winner

Fencing (Weapon mastery) - Taskmaster vs Nightcrawler = Nightcrawler winner

Gymnastics (Body control) - Panther vs Beast = Beast winner

200 Meter Dash (Speed) Wolverine vs Iron Fist = Draw?

Shot Put (Power) - Spiderman vs Sabertooth = Spiderman winner

Panthers team = 2
Caps team = 3
Draw = 1

Soljer
Cap would beat Daredevil in skill, Taskmaster would beat Nightcrawler at fencing, and Iron Fist would beat Wolverine in speed.

no expression.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Scoobless
It' not really like a punch at all, you have to push outward/upward starting from your neck while walking forward. It's a similair application.

'Sides... I highly doubt strength is out of Ironfist's realm of amping application.

Soljer
It's a similair application.

'Sides... I highly doubt strength is out of Ironfist's realm of amping application.

*ahem*

Iron Fist amped his strength sufficiently enough to break a steel girder in half without the use of the Iron Fist.

jrodslam
I dont think theres a better street lvl'er boxer than daredevil. Hes been doing it before his teens, plus the senses do help a bit.

As far as the tasky Nightcrawler fencing goes, Tasky would have all the techniques of a pure fencer like NC, but he wont have the actual knowledge and application like NC.

Ive never seen Fist do a dash of any distance, but ive only seen a few speed feats from Logan. Still cant call it.

SpunkySmurph
*ahem*

Iron Fist amped his strength sufficiently enough to break a steel girder in half without the use of the Iron Fist.
*ahem*

Oh.

capt it up
in the dash wolverine has shown at least equal if not superior speed feats to capt

also boxing..............did every one forget that wolverine knows how to box as well........not to mention is highly skilled boxer.................and has a healing factor...............which means he beat's either DD or capt in a boxing match..................

capt it up
actaully if I was gunna put wolverine in one of the matches it would be fencing, but thats just me.

capt it up
Iron Fist would beat Wolverine in speed.

no expression.

When has IF proven this to be true? Becuase as far as feats go I am pritty sure that would be a no.

masterbruce
Originally posted by capt it up
actaully if I was gunna put wolverine in one of the matches it would be fencing, but thats just me.

I would put Logan in boxing...adamantium fists plus skills plus HF = tough matchup

Taskmaster would be my choice for fencing

capt it up
Originally posted by masterbruce
I would put Logan in boxing...adamantium fists plus skills plus HF = tough matchup

Taskmaster would be my choice for fencing
see but here the thing logan likly the superior fencer to taskmaster, not to mention Logan knows how to beat night crawler who will most likly be the other teams pick for the fencing match.

masterbruce
see but here the thing logan likly the superior fencer to taskmaster, not to mention Logan knows how to beat night crawler who will most likly be the other teams pick for the fencing match.

so if you have Logan for fencing...who do you have for boxing on his team? and what competition would you put Taskmaster for?

Jebus reborn
in the dash wolverine has shown at least equal if not superior speed feats to capt

also boxing..............did every one forget that wolverine knows how to box as well........not to mention is highly skilled boxer.................and has a healing factor...............which means he beat's either DD or capt in a boxing match.................. Not the "Fist" though.

Also, DD beats Cap in a boxing match.
Faster, better senses, and a more powerful striker...

Wait, I mean, DD beats Cap because it pisses people off.

masterbruce
In my opinion, this would be each team's optimal lineup if they didn't know what the other team was doing.

Archery - Hawkeye, Bullseye (best marksmen)
Boxing - Wolverine, Iron Fist (healing factor versus iron fist)
Fencing - Taskmaster, Nightcrawler (both are great swordsmen)
Gymnastics - Daredevil, Beast (great gymnasts)
200 Meter Dash - Black Panther, Captain America (great athletes)
Shot Put - Spiderman, Sabretooth (strongest members)

Which team would win if this was the way they chose to compete?

capt it up
Archery (Aim) Hawkeye vs Bullseye = Hawkeye
Boxing (Fighting skill) Daredevil vs Captain America, = not sure
Fencing (Weapon mastery) Wolverine vs Nightcrawler = wolverine
Gymnastics (Body control) Spiderman vs Beast= spiderman
200 Meter Dash (Speed) Sabretooth vs Black Panther= Sabertooth
Shot Put (Power) Iron Fist, vs Taskmaster,= draw

Jebus reborn
All I know is that, Fist beats anyone in boxing, with a debate for Sabertooth.

capt it up
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Not the "Fist" though.

Also, DD beats Cap in a boxing match.
Faster, better senses, and a more powerful striker...

Wait, I mean, DD beats Cap because it pisses people off.
? not the fist...............

lol

capt it up
it sitll debate able if he beats wolverine........

It really depends on who can take more shots and I still think Logan would take that.

sabertooth would murder IF due to massive durability and strength advantage.

masterbruce

I put IF with the intent of him being placed in the boxing match.

Also sabretooth is on his team, so they won't fight.

However, I think Wolverine has a shot....adamantium fists, superb fighting skill, superior senses and healing factor = very tough match for Iron Fist imo

Jebus reborn
it sitll debate able if he beats wolverine........

It really depends on who can take more shots and I still think Logan would take that.

sabertooth would murder IF due to massive durability and strength advantage. It's a boxing match.
A couple fists should be able to take him down.

I'd say Wolverine beats anyone in this under the Fist and Sabes though.

What exactly does his strength have to do with this? If Fists charges his fists, I think he could fist the shit out of Sabes.
Edit: Oh ya, Sabes is on his team...

Keep in mind, Fist doesn't hit like a street leveler, and in my opinion, would kick the Jesus (Mexican pronounced, since I don't want to be blasphemous) out of Cap, and Spider-Man.

Soljer
In my opinion, this would be each team's optimal lineup if they didn't know what the other team was doing.

Archery - Hawkeye, Bullseye (best marksmen)
Boxing - Wolverine, Iron Fist (healing factor versus iron fist)
Fencing - Taskmaster, Nightcrawler (both are great swordsmen)
Gymnastics - Daredevil, Beast (great gymnasts)
200 Meter Dash - Black Panther, Captain America (great athletes)
Shot Put - Spiderman, Sabretooth (strongest members)

Which team would win if this was the way they chose to compete?

In that line up -

Bullseye (with ease).

Iron Fist.

Taskmaster.

Beast.

Captain America.

Spiderman.

capt it up
It's a boxing match.
A couple fists should be able to take him down.
I am not so sure. See heres the thing his normal Iron Fist is nothing that would worry wolverine. Iron Fist would have to power that baby up dam high and then he be wasting a lot of energy. He also has to deal with wolverines attacks which again to IF are dangerous and could KO him rather easily.

What exactly does his strength have to do with this?

One hit from sabertooth could KO IF.

If Fists charges his fists, I think he could fist the shit out of Sabes.
Edit: Oh ya, Sabes is on his team...
He hit sabes as hard as he could..........and then sabertooth it a gas line and still sabertooth was completely fine. I don't think IF has what it takes.

Keep in mind, Fist doesn't hit like a street leveler, and in my opinion, would kick the Jesus (Mexican pronounced, since I don't want to be blasphemous) out of Cap, and Spider-Man.
I agree in some cases

Jebus reborn
I am not so sure. See heres the thing his normal Iron Fist is nothing that would worry wolverine. Iron Fist would have to power that baby up dam high and then he be wasting a lot of energy. He also has to deal with wolverines attacks which again to IF are dangerous and could KO him rather easily. Fist still hits harder than anyone like Cap, without the super-fist.
I fail to see Wolverine KO'ing Fist rather easily...

One hit from sabertooth could KO IF. Not sure about that...
Either way, Fist could fist anyone on the other team, and Sabes isn't on the other team.

He hit sabes as hard as he could..........and then sabertooth it a gas line and still sabertooth was completely fine. I don't think IF has what it takes. Did he charge his fist?
Scans?
Anyway, lucky for Sabes, he doesn't have to fight The Fist.

I agree in some cases Of course you do, I'm saying it.

capt it up
Fist still hits harder than anyone like Cap, without the super-fist.
You mean while still using chi amping and even then it still debatable.
Capt has come powerful fists.

I fail to see Wolverine KO'ing Fist rather easily....
adamatium fists.........plus ubber skill..........plus superhuman strength....IF not taking to many hits form wolverine not when Logan stated that he has to tap normal humans for fear of killing them becuase he hits so hard.

Not sure about that...
Either way, Fist could fist anyone on the other team, and Sabes isn't on the other team.

Did he charge his fist?
Scans?
Anyway, lucky for Sabes, he doesn't have to fight The Fist.

Of course you do, I'm saying it.
Yes his fist was charged and still Sabertooth was completely fine.

don't hvae a scanner though there are scanns some were around here.

You do know the IF has different levels of fist right? I mean his every day fist is not the scary or impriessive hell he used it against DD and it was deffiently not aiming to kill. The more powerful his fist the more energy he must use. His normal fist attack is not going to do anythingto wolverine he gunnna have to pull at his full powered attacks and thats risky due to the amount of energy needed and time it takes to focus it. He also has to worry about taking hits, because wolverien can KO him.

Soljer
Misconception - Danny DOESN'T need more time to charge a 'high powered' fist compared to a 'low powered' one.

True, he can vary the amount of power he puts into it, but he didn't exactly charge it for too long when he knocked out Hercules...

capt it up
Misconception - Danny DOESN'T need more time to charge a 'high powered' fist compared to a 'low powered' one.

True, he can vary the amount of power he puts into it, but he didn't exactly charge it for too long when he knocked out Hercules...
hercules was also piss ass drunk...........Thats not a real impressive feat one the character is that shit faced. lol

really becuase danny seems to take time to charge his attack up from what I have seen. it true some writters don't have him take that much time, but others do. Also the use of high power IF attacks does drain IF

Jebus reborn
You mean while still using chi amping and even then it still debatable.
Capt has come powerful fists. I know about Cap's punching, and still don't feel that he hits harder.

adamatium fists.........plus ubber skill..........plus superhuman strength....IF not taking to many hits form wolverine not when Logan stated that he has to tap normal humans for fear of killing them becuase he hits so hard. So, you honestly think he will KO Fist easily?
Plus, it doesn't matter what type of fists they are, it could be steel and it would be the same effect.

I don't see a normal human getting tied to a train, and then getting smashed into a wall, while getting up right away...
I don't even see a normal human getting used in a comparison to people like Fist, and Cap...

Yes his fist was charged and still Sabertooth was completely fine.

don't hvae a scanner though there are scanns some were around here.

You do know the IF has different levels of fist right? I mean his every day fist is not the scary or impriessive hell he used it against DD and it was deffiently not aiming to kill. The more powerful his fist the more energy he must use. His normal fist attack is not going to do anythingto wolverine he gunnna have to pull at his full powered attacks and thats risky due to the amount of energy needed and time it takes to focus it. He also has to worry about taking hits, because wolverien can KO him. I fail to see why he would have to use his fist against Daredevil...
Also the magical wonder of dodging can help him out...

It's a boxing match, so it would also be easier to dodge, rather than flipping around.

Soljer
hercules was also piss ass drunk...........Thats not a real impressive feat one the character is that shit faced. lol

really becuase danny seems to take time to charge his attack up from what I have seen. it true some writters don't have him take that much time, but others do. Also the use of high power IF attacks does drain IF

I don't care if he was drunk, stoned, and had just downed a gallon of bleach. Hercules is friggin Hercules.

Jebus reborn

really becuase danny seems to take time to charge his attack up from what I have seen. it true some writters don't have him take that much time, but others do. Also the use of high power IF attacks does drain IF Hercules was also piss drunk when he fought Thor, to an essential win...

I don't think being drunk really affects him...

capt it up
I don't care if he was drunk, stoned, and had just downed a gallon of bleach. Hercules is friggin Hercules.
still does not matter. Koing a drunk herc is way way different then KOing a sober one.

example logan KO mrs marvel with a single attack simple with a glance blow and I mean bone claws wolverine...........does that mean Logan can do tthat to a sober one?

So I am sorry if I am a little less then impressed with IF KOing a shit faced Hercules.

capt it up
Hercules was also piss drunk when he fought Thor, to an essential win...

I don't think being drunk really affects him...
he also fought him on his home world which boosts his abilities it was also immortal hercules if not mistaken and he was not that drunk.

Jebus reborn
example logan KO mrs marvel with a single attack simple with a glance blow and I mean bone claws wolverine...........does that mean Logan can do tthat to a sober one?
What the f*ck did you just say?

King KAM
Kam, I'm not trying to be an ass here, so don't treat me like it. No one's attacking Cap here. I have healthy respect for the guy, and I do read Captain America, thank you very much. erm

I realise that, but, like it or not, it does help the guy in fighting scenarios. I'm well aware how deadly he is with or without the shield, but it still should be taken into account that he won't be using it.

Now- Considering they'll tell Daredevil where,when,and how Cap's attacking as soon as he moves even slightly, I'd say they help a lot.

Boxing wise, I'd put DD's skill very close to Cap's, and I'd give him the edge based on senses, while taking into account that he doesn't have shield.

Love it or hate it, that's my opinion.

Kapeesh? no kapeesh.

Cap has feats that he is a phenonmenal boxer, outboxing super powered boxers like they arent shit, cap wins.Originally posted by capt it up

also boxing..............did every one forget that wolverine knows how to box as well........not to mention is highly skilled boxer.................and has a healing factor...............which means he beat's either DD or capt in a boxing match.................. about 200 yards...well cap and wolverine both clear it about equally, but caps speed feats show him running at about 60mph...wolverines dont...

and wolverine has that heavy skeleton....

now for boxing...when have we seen wolverines boxing skills?

King KAM
he also fought him on his home world which boosts his abilities it was also immortal hercules if not mistaken and he was not that drunk. he had been drinking for weeks on end, and no being in olympus does not give him a power boost.

Jebus reborn
he also fought him on his home world which boosts his abilities it was also immortal hercules if not mistaken and he was not that drunk. I don't remember him being boosted, but you're right about the other one...

Not that drunk?
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4439/bloodoath305xz5.th.jpg
He didn't know who Thor was, and he was in a river of wine, having girls dump it in his mouth...
Ya, he was f*cking out of it...

capt it up

capt it up
I don't remember him being boosted, but you're right about the other one...

Not that drunk?
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4439/bloodoath305xz5.th.jpg
He didn't know who Thor was, and he was in a river of wine, having girls dump it in his mouth...
Ya, he was f*cking out of it...
..............that means he massivly drunk...........he was talking fine..........he messy so what he always is.........lol

capt it up
What the f*ck did you just say?
............what did you not understand?

King KAM
..............that means he massivly drunk...........he was talking fine..........he messy so what he always is.........lol dude he was drunk off his arse.

he didnt remember thor,
he kept hiccupping,
and the man had literally been drinking and fornicating for weeks non-stop,

capt it up
dude he was drunk off his arse.

he didnt remember thor,
he kept hiccupping,
and the man had literally been drinking and fornicating for weeks non-stop,
I am not sure ive read the issue then.

When ever I seen herc drunk he normally retarded and is a lot easier to deal with. Like at the funeral he was stumbling and was clearly not at 100% or even close to it.

Acting like IF Koing hercules while hercules is drunk is like KOing a non drunk herc just seems crazy to me.

King KAM
I am not sure ive read the issue then.

When ever I seen herc drunk he normally retarded and is a lot easier to deal with. Like at the funeral he was stumbling and was clearly not at 100% or even close to it.

Acting like IF Koing hercules while hercules is drunk is like KOing a non drunk herc just seems crazy to me. When drunk, herc got his ass kicked by Atlas..when sober..he wrecked the entire Thunderbolts.

The Fake Macoy
Question: is boxing Olympic rules or professional rules or some random made up rules? If it's Olympic, durability isn't a huge advantage. What matters is the scorecard, and in a short match, chances are there will be no knockout (barring IF). This is assuming the match-ups are as most people posted.

MRasheed
Archery (Aim) - Hawkeye vs Bullseye = Even

Boxing (Fighting skill) - Daredevil vs Captain America = Capt winner

Fencing (Weapon mastery) - Taskmaster vs Nightcrawler = Nightcrawler winner

Gymnastics (Body control) - Spider-man vs Beast = Spider-man winner

200 Meter Dash (Speed) Wolverine vs Iron Fist = Iron Fist

Shot Put (Power) - Black Panther vs Sabertooth = BP winner

capt it up
Ok why do people think IF is faster then wolverine...........since he not

also logan would be the fencer on the team not tasky.

Soljer

also logan would be the fencer on the team not tasky.

laughing laughing

capt it up
laughing laughing

what so funny...........nothing I said was fanboyish nor was it in the least off unless you can prove other wise which I doubt.

First IF has no speed feats that make him faster then wolverine

Tasky may or may not be a better sword fighter then wolverine it's quite debateable. Then add in the fact Logan knows night crawler and how he fight's. Logan has the far better chance of winning,

Soljer
.nothing I said was fanboyish

eek! eek!

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

capt it up
eek! eek!

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing
so this is how your going to debate? By putting down a bunch of dumb smily faces and ignoreing the actaul debate?

Fine if thats how your going to debate then your not worth the time.

so you have got nothing is pritty much what it comes down to. Oh well then .

Soljer
Funny, though. Because I really need nothing. Everyone can see how much you're talking out of your ass. doped.

capt it up
Funny, though. Because I really need nothing. Everyone can see how much you're talking out of your ass. doped.

I am talking out my ass?

again with the cop outs you have no proof and so you resort to this...........it just sad.

IF has no speed feats over wolverine..............is now some how talking out my ass..............If I talking out my ass it should be easy to provide evidence then which you won't of course since you have not since I have asked.

Oh and I am also talking out my ass becuase I said wolverine would be the better choice in the fencing match since he knows night crawler and has proven to be able to sense were night crawler will port. Not to mention the fact Logan a highly skilled swordsmen and trained most of the x-men including night crawler in sword play menaing he knows how night crawler fights.

PS. my last response unless you actaully start debating instead of this stupid smily face crap cop outs.

MRasheed

Iron Fist isn't weighed down by 100+ lbs of alloy.

MRasheed
Nightcrawler was an accomplished swordsman before he met Wolverine (he had a lifelong love for those old Errol Flynn movies and Edgar Rice Burrough's Mars saga).

capt it up
Originally posted by MRasheed
Iron Fist isn't weighed down by 100+ lbs of alloy.

That means nothing. Your body compansates for added weight over time.

Thats your reasoning because logan heavier...............thats just dumb.

I am sorry, but being heavier then some one does not make you slower.

MRasheed
...plus he has those little @ss canadian legs...

capt it up
Nightcrawler was an accomplished swordsman before he met Wolverine (he had a lifelong love for those old Errol Flynn movies and Edgar Rice Burrough's Mars saga).
Yes he new sword play. Not very well though. watching movies does not make you a good sword fighter. He got most all of his sword fighting skills through the x-men and Logan was a big factor in that.

Night crawler pre x-men never showed any sword fighting skill and most of it was him simply pretending. he was never trained nor did he own a sword.

capt it up
...plus he has those little @ss canadian legs...
again not a good reason. You really have no evidence do you and simply stating useless things arnt you?

MRasheed
Look, capt it up.

This is just a fun comic book discussion. That's all. I'm giving my opinion about the characters just like you are.

That's enough with the "dumb" and "useless" talk, okay?

MRasheed
Kurt learned traditional fencing before he joined the X-Men and he was very good. There is no evidence of Wolverine knowing traditional euro-style fencing before.

MRasheed
Kurt fences with both hands and his tail when we first saw him do it and he certainly didn't get that from Logan.

capt it up
Look, capt it up.

This is just a fun comic book discussion. That's all. I'm giving my opinion about the characters just like you are.

That's enough with the "dumb" and "useless" talk, okay?
sorry if it came aacross a little harsh.

The fact is saying some one has smaller legs and is heavier are just not good ways of debating on the the forum's. You need to use evidence.

MRasheed
Do you have evidence that Logan is faster than Iron Fist? They are both peak human.

capt it up
Kurt learned traditional fencing before he joined the X-Men and he was very good. There is no evidence of Wolverine knowing traditional euro-style fencing before.

Logan traveled the world and is a master of more then 13 styles of sword play. Fencing is the term used when sparing with swords.

Also kurt did not know traditional fencing before he joined the x-men nor was it ever stated. There would have been no way for him to have been tought it he was trapped as a carinval freak for msot of his life before he was an x-men.

MRasheed
All things being equal I'd give it to the guy with the runner's build. It's length of stride that grants speed after all.

capt it up
Do you have evidence that Logan is faster than Iron Fist? They are both peak human.
Logan not a peak human............he a superman as is IF when he amps his stats. I never said logan was faster...............

MRasheed
There would have been no way for him to have been tought it he was trapped as a carinval freak for msot of his life before he was an x-men.

That's what he was actually doing while he was there. Gymnastic feats and sword tricks.

capt it up
All things being equal I'd give it to the guy with the runner's build. It's length of stride that grants speed after all.
There not equal though........not in the sense you think at least. IF has no feats what so ever that put him over wolverine. If there feats are comparable then there the same speed. Body type has nothing to do with it even with that factor in Logan feats are just as impressive.

MRasheed

capt it up
That's what he was actually doing while he was there. Gymnastic feats and sword tricks.
he did gemnastic feats not sword feats. He was never once shown even using a sword. Also seeing as how he was doing it against his will in many cases trainign night crawler is a sword would have been foolish.

capt it up

ya like I said he not faster then wolverine.............

King KAM
...plus he has those little @ss canadian legs... post of the year

MRasheed
The guy with the longer legs/stride would have the advantage in a run just like a guy with longer arms has a natural advantage in boxing.

capt it up
Kurt fences with both hands and his tail when we first saw him do it and he certainly didn't get that from Logan.
It not all from wolverine, but logan was one of the people who taught him sword play. Also Logan can fight with two swords. The tail part really does not matter since no one taught him that. From learning and training with swords he was able to train him self to fight with his tail. His tail act as another limb.

capt it up
The guy with the longer legs/stride would have the advantage in a run just like a guy with longer arms has a natural advantage in boxing.
you don't seem to understand what I am saying...............IF has no feats over wolverines in runniong speed.......meaning he not faster. Body structure does not matter when the person you are saying is faster has no proof of being faster.

MRasheed
Well... considering the only book I own with Iron Fist in it is an ancient Frank Miller Daredevil issue, I can just go by IF's performance there. He was super quick, fluid and agile; DD couldn't touch him (and neither could he touch DD). Logan in contrast is the burly brawler-type. It stands to reason he'd get dusted in a foot race.

capt it up
Well... considering the only book I own with Iron Fist in it is an ancient Frank Miller Daredevil issue, I can just go by IF's performance there. He was super quick, fluid and agile; DD couldn't touch him (and neither could he touch DD). Logan in contrast is the burly brawler-type. It stands to reason he'd get dusted in a foot race.

Why am I always stuck debating people who never read a wolverine comic in there live............

please just go to the wolverine respect thread.......If you really want to I can simply post tommarrow many many comics showing wolverines feats of speed.

Logan has matched spiderman in speed before such as in wolverine vs spiderman one shot.

You should not debate in threads when you have little knolwedge of the characters your debating about.

If you like I can PM you isses and such and BIO so you understand Logans character.

Also I own the issue your refferring to and both DD and IF got it in it and it was not a speed feat. It was a skill's and agility feat. Nothing in it had to do with speed.

MightyEInherjar
Logan traveled the world and is a master of more then 13 styles of sword play. Fencing is the term used when sparing with swords.

Wrong.

I may not know as much about comics as a good deal of the folks on this board, but if there's one thing I do know, it's sword fighting. Knowing 13 styles of sword play, being a samurai (he was one, wasn't he?), etc isn't going to help Wolverine in fencing.

Have to remember this is Olympic fencing too...there's no florentine fighting, no two handed fighting, etc, just plain ol' foil, epee, and sabre...

I give it to Nightcrawler, with Taskmaster right behind him, then Wolverine.

MRasheed
Why am I always stuck debating people who never read a wolverine comic in there live............

please just go to the wolverine respect thread.......If you really want to I can simply post tommarrow many many comics showing wolverines feats of speed.

I'm very aware of Wolverine. I haven't read many of his recent issues where he's apparently become a Cosmic Super-Ninja who can take Gladiator blind-folded. When I left off, his strength and reflexes were just beneath BP's. And now he's Superman apparently. I have little patience with the popularity-based power upgrades. Someone who's mastered their body enough to channel their chi into superhuman feats should clearly be faster than the wildman-brawler-wannabe samurai.

pft.

Soljer
"Iron Fist is not faster than Wolverine."

"I never said Wolverine was faster than Iron Fist."

Wha?

That means the only POSSIBLE thing you could believe is that they are equals in speed.

And, if that WERE the case, then I, like Rasheed, would go with the person with the longer stride. erm.

If it were a much further distance, I'd go with Logan due to his stamina, but in a 200 meter? erm.

Soljer
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Wrong.

I may not know as much about comics as a good deal of the folks on this board, but if there's one thing I do know, it's sword fighting. Knowing 13 styles of sword play, being a samurai (he was one, wasn't he?), etc isn't going to help Wolverine in fencing.

Have to remember this is Olympic fencing too...there's no florentine fighting, no two handed fighting, etc, just plain ol' foil, epee, and sabre...

I give it to Nightcrawler, with Taskmaster right behind him, then Wolverine.

Very good point. Epee/Rapier fencing is VASTLY different than using a Katana, Broadsword, or short sword.

Has Logan ever used an epee on panel? I know nightcrawler has.

MRasheed
...with multiple limbs at once.

capt it up
Very good point. Epee/Rapier fencing is VASTLY different than using a Katana, Broadsword, or short sword.

Has Logan ever used an epee on panel? I know nightcrawler has.

He has before actaully. Also what i said was correct. Fencing is sparing with swords. Though olympic fencing is a different style . It still roughly the same thing. Also Ogun who trained wolverine had master european art's of fencing which he tought to wolverine. Actually one wolverine first met Ogun, Ogun was carring a saber.

Logan fencing skills>>>>>>Night crawlers.

The only thing is night crawler can teleport which is why tasky would lose even though he superior in skill to night crawler

capt it up
"Iron Fist is not faster than Wolverine."

"I never said Wolverine was faster than Iron Fist."

Wha?

That means the only POSSIBLE thing you could believe is that they are equals in speed.

And, if that WERE the case, then I, like Rasheed, would go with the person with the longer stride. erm.

If it were a much further distance, I'd go with Logan due to his stamina, but in a 200 meter? erm.
Again I mean there equal in speed after you add in body structure. That wolverine runs at the same speed as IF. If there were to runa race they would tie eachother. Which due to feats seems to prove me correct since IF feats are no more impressive then Wolverines.

jrodslam

Anything to back that statement up?

I mean Logan isnt exactly known for his fencing prowess.

Help us out Capt.

capt it up
Originally posted by jrodslam
Anything to back that statement up?

I mean Logan isnt exactly known for his fencing prowess.

Help us out Capt.

Logan not known for his swordsmen skills................he been using swords as long as his claws pritty much but I will give you issue numbers if you like. If I have some scanns I throw them in as well.

Not to mention I give you the uncanny x-men issue when he shown training night crawler in swordmen skills lol.

proudamerican
Archery: Caps daily practice with his shield gives him the edge,
Boxing: Cap is the most skilled human in all of comicdom.
Fencing: Cap could transfer his skill into his weapons.
Gymnastics: Cap or Daredevil, ahrd to decide.
200 Meter Dash: Cap NEVER grows tired, and we know!
Shot Put: Cap can punch harder than Spidey, but Spidey takes this. he is just stronger.

jrodslam
Logan not known for his swordsmen skills................he been using swords as long as his claws pritty much but I will give you issue numbers if you like. If I have some scanns I throw them in as well.

Not to mention I give you the uncanny x-men issue when he shown training night crawler in swordmen skills lol.

I never said that Logan wasnt known for his swordsman skills. I stated that hes not known for his fencing skills.

Dam the issue numbers, because im not gonna buy nor download them.

Scans would be perfectly fine. Thanks Capt.

jrodslam
Originally posted by proudamerican
Archery: Caps daily practice with his shield gives him the edge,
Boxing: Cap is the most skilled human in all of comicdom.
Fencing: Cap could transfer his skill into his weapons.
Gymnastics: Cap or Daredevil, ahrd to decide.
200 Meter Dash: Cap NEVER grows tired, and we know!
Shot Put: Cap can punch harder than Spidey, but Spidey takes this. he is just stronger.

Wow. Im not sure how long youve been here, but its the first time im seeing you, so ill say Welcome.big grin

Now, Caps aim is good, but its nowhere on the level of bullseye. Nowhere.

Cap is skilled but its highly debatable if hes the most skilled in all comicdom. Im assuming youre talking street level wise.

Fencing? Some scans of Cap fencing would be nice. If not, NC and Tasky still hold that over him.

Gymnastics can be between a few characters here, so.....

200 meter dash is a pretty fast sprint distance so i dont think fatigue plays much of a factor here.

"Cap can punch harder than Spidey..." I wont even comment on that one.

capt it up
I never said that Logan wasnt known for his swordsman skills. I stated that hes not known for his fencing skills.

Dam the issue numbers, because im not gonna buy nor download them.

Scans would be perfectly fine. Thanks Capt.
I don't have a scanner............but I may have some scanns. I psot scanns and issues since I only have limited scanns.

Also fencing is sparing with swords. Though in olympics it tends to be with saber's which hardly matters since training with any sword makes you a good fencer. The only real deifference is your fighting for points rather then to kill. Also Ogun 13 styles have to do with a mix of european styles as well as eastern.

But any ways I have them ass soon as I can it will take a bit of time. I may have them by the end of to day.

proudamerican
Wow. Im not sure how long youve been here, but its the first time im seeing you, so ill say Welcome.big grin

Now, Caps aim is good, but its nowhere on the level of bullseye. Nowhere.

Cap is skilled but its highly debatable if hes the most skilled in all comicdom. Im assuming youre talking street level wise.

Fencing? Some scans of Cap fencing would be nice. If not, NC and Tasky still hold that over him.

Gymnastics can be between a few characters here, so.....

200 meter dash is a pretty fast sprint distance so i dont think fatigue plays much of a factor here.

"Cap can punch harder than Spidey..." I wont even comment on that one.

Cap and Bulseye both have peak-aim. Even.
No debate. KK was considered most skilled. Surpassed by batman now.
He always uses a shield and skilled martial artists are skilled with weapons.
I said it was between Daredevil and Cap, so we are agreein.
Cap CAn run pretty fast? He dodges bullets.
Cap can stimulate superforceblows, so yes.

proudamerican
thanks for the welcome, BTW

jrodslam
Cap and Bulseye both have peak-aim. Even.
No debate. KK was considered most skilled. Surpassed by batman now.
He always uses a shield and skilled martial artists are skilled with weapons.
I said it was between Daredevil and Cap, so we are agreein.
Cap CAn run pretty fast? He dodges bullets.
Cap can stimulate superforceblows, so yes.

Bullseye's aim is far above peak. Its perfect. Uncanny. Abnormal. As far as aim wise go, i havent seen anyone on his level yet.

KK also wasnt 100% and got tricked.

Cap is skilled and a master with the shiled, but what other weapons has he demonstrated extreme prowess with?

Between Daredevil, Cap, Beast, Spidey and Panther.

Its in the street level blood to dodge bullets. Cap can do it, Daredevil can, so can Wolvie, Fist and others. Its a requirement.

Theres no forceblow that Cap can deliver that would cause more damage than the hardest Spidey punch. Unless its a nerve hit on someone with high duarability or a healing factor.erm

proudamerican
Bullseye's aim is far above peak. Its perfect. Uncanny. Abnormal. As far as aim wise go, i havent seen anyone on his level yet.

KK also wasnt 100% and got tricked.

Cap is skilled and a master with the shiled, but what other weapons has he demonstrated extreme prowess with?

Between Daredevil, Cap, Beast, Spidey and Panther.

Its in the street level blood to dodge bullets. Cap can do it, Daredevil can, so can Wolvie, Fist and others. Its a requirement.

Theres no forceblow that Cap can deliver that would cause more damage than the hardest Spidey punch. Unless its a nerve hit on someone with high duarability or a healing factor.erm

Cap is, too. he hitted a missile with a SHIELD and it came back to him!

Batman owned, check the Cap vs KK thread.

I take it back, Wolveirne wins with swords

Cap still wins

Cap also runs peakhumanly fast, so he is the fastest runner here.

Spidey loses to guys stronger than himself, Cap defeated Spidey once.

masterbruce
thanks for the welcome, BTW

Hello Judge wink

proudamerican
masterbruce, dont you agree on my post above, too?

masterbruce
masterbruce, dont you agree on my post above, too?

nope, sorry.

jrodslam
Cap is, too. he hitted a missile with a SHIELD and it came back to him!

Batman owned, check the Cap vs KK thread.

I take it back, Wolveirne wins with swords

Cap still wins

Cap also runs peakhumanly fast, so he is the fastest runner here.

Spidey loses to guys stronger than himself, Cap defeated Spidey once.

Many characters can make weapons ricochet off objects or people. Fact is Caps aim and accuracy still isnt better than Bullseye's.

Like i said, KK wasnt 100% so Batman doing as well as he did doesnt matter much. Plus KK was tricked into defeat.

Like i told someone before. Show some proof of Wolverines FENCING prowess.

Cap doesnt run faster than Spidey. He migh run the same speed as Panther and possibly Beast. He does run faster than DD though.

Everyone loses to guys stronger than themselves. Some guys beat people stronger than themselves. Strength doesnt play that mmuch of a factor in battles. Sometimes, but not all the time. Cap defeated Spidey once wouldnt have much to do about Caps strength, but more about Caps superior fighting skills.

Draco69
Hello Judge wink

Stupid forum with its outdated ISP blocking technology...

raver

proudamerican
Many characters can make weapons ricochet off objects or people. Fact is Caps aim and accuracy still isnt better than Bullseye's.

Like i said, KK wasnt 100% so Batman doing as well as he did doesnt matter much. Plus KK was tricked into defeat.

Like i told someone before. Show some proof of Wolverines FENCING prowess.

Cap doesnt run faster than Spidey. He migh run the same speed as Panther and possibly Beast. He does run faster than DD though.

Everyone loses to guys stronger than themselves. Some guys beat people stronger than themselves. Strength doesnt play that mmuch of a factor in battles. Sometimes, but not all the time. Cap defeated Spidey once wouldnt have much to do about Caps strength, but more about Caps superior fighting skills.

Admitted, your right, but Cap is a topcontender in all categorys, anyways

Soljer
He has before actaully. Also what i said was correct. Fencing is sparing with swords. Though olympic fencing is a different style . It still roughly the same thing. Also Ogun who trained wolverine had master european art's of fencing which he tought to wolverine. Actually one wolverine first met Ogun, Ogun was carring a saber.

The only thing is night crawler can teleport which is why tasky would lose even though he superior in skill to night crawler

Fencing is NOT sparring with swords. Actually fencing by TRUE definition just means, more or less, melee weapon combat. Swords, knives, clubs, batons, spears, staves, etc.

Modern vernacular, however, ties fencing to European swordsmanship (rather than Japaneses or Arab), and the rapier/epee.

Which I can't remember (off the top of my head) Wolverine using to any great effect.

MightyEInherjar
I don't have a scanner............but I may have some scanns. I psot scanns and issues since I only have limited scanns.

Also fencing is sparing with swords. Though in olympics it tends to be with saber's which hardly matters since training with any sword makes you a good fencer. The only real deifference is your fighting for points rather then to kill. Also Ogun 13 styles have to do with a mix of european styles as well as eastern.

But any ways I have them ass soon as I can it will take a bit of time. I may have them by the end of to day.

Training with any sword certainly does not make you a good fencer...that's like saying since a baseball player swings a bat all the time, he'll know what to do with a sword.

You said Wolverine had "master european art's of fencing," which I'm liable to believe, but some proof would be nice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.