best mode of transport

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
ok this isnt about which mode of transportation is the fastest or most efficeant but rather the one that has the most style, the one that looks the best and coolest.

my vote... Spider-Man: Web slinging

TricksterPriest
Thanos's throne. It just says badass to show up with your own battle throne. stick out tongue

Also, Zero shift in the ZOE games. (Not comic, but still very cool)

masterbruce
flight

StarsNeverFall7
I'd have to say Flash honestly. I've lost count of how many times I've been driving somewhere and just wished to have that speedforce available...

Would be able to go anywhere, in seconds or less.

Symmetric Chaos
Metron's chair.

Soljer
I'd say super speed, assuming super-speed reactions came with the deal.

SpunkySmurph
Most stylish?

Surfer's board.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Most stylish?

Surfer's board.

You have awful taste.

Superherovandal
I like Metron's Mobius Chair. Basically gives you god-like powers and the ability to travel anywhere or when in the space-time continuum.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I like Metron's Mobius Chair. Basically gives you god-like powers and the ability to travel anywhere or when in the space-time continuum.

yes

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You have awful taste. There's probably better choices if I devote serious thought to it... but zooming around on a cosmic board faster then light >>>> getting a wedgie/cramp from sitting in an ugly chair all day.

lando005
Originally posted by masterbruce
flight what's soo amazing about flight for you?

lando005
eh i'll still choose the webs seeing it in the comics was enchanting enough but then once it was brought to the big screen that just sealed the deal

Martian_mind
Thors hammer.

People will; certainly look if you show up pulled by a hammer faster then lightspeed.

charlemagne9746
flight....i've just always wanted to be able to do it...hell...it would beat payin' high ass air fares these days.

lando005
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
flight....i've just always wanted to be able to do it...hell...it would beat payin' high ass air fares these days. lucky for me i got an in with someone working at an airline so i always manage to get reduced of free flights hehe

CasanoVa
Walking rocks.

All the cool people do it.

Scoobless
The Spider-Buggie.

'nuff said.

stick out tongue

Bouboumaster
Thanos Throne too.

ExodusCloak
Magical Teleportation would look pretty cool.

grey fox
Bodyslide.

SpunkySmurph
Actually, Metamorpho's turn-to-gas method of entering or leaving is pretty sweet

grey fox
Actually, Metamorpho's turn-to-gas method of entering or leaving is pretty sweet

Yeah but then you get yourself inhaled to death.

llagrok
Bodysliding's risky.

I'm going with the throne.

don't shiv
"Bodyslide by 2 to Hq"

and

"Door."

celestialdemon
Teleportation. Then I wouldn't have to wake up so damn early for work. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

don't shiv
and with a little fine tuning you could venture into the past/future to catch a 39525^& concert!!

Mindship
web slinging
super speed
flight/jumping
vehical transport
teleportation

In terms of appearance, the problem with flight is that it's usually done in the Standard Horizontal Position. This is not a naturally comfortable position for a human being. If you try it, you'll find right away it puts a strain on the neck. That's one of the nice things about the Surfer: he flies standing up; quite unique in a genre of horizontal-position flyers, especially since it's a position anyone can relate to if they've ever tried surfing, snowboarding or most likely, skateboarding. It feels cool.

As for jumping: it can look cool depending on how the jumper manages their balance and positioning in the air. For example: in the Hulk movie, it looked like a few times the Hulk had to stabilize his body. It was realistic, yes, but not cool-looking. Other times, it looked much better.

Web-slinging looks cool and it's also something humans can relate to, if somewhat distantly, because 1) most of us have played on monkey bars when we were kids; and 2) we evolved from brachiators.

Vehicle transport: depends on the vehicle, but personally, I don't find it superheroish enough.

Teleportation: looks cool for short-range, ie, a hero flicking in and out of existence in avoiding attack. But in terms of long-range, pure transport: not too much to be cool about because there ain't much to see. Similar problem with superspeed (ie, running). On the one hand, it's usually shown in such a way that you can't see anything. And yet, if you showed someone moving their arms and legs really fast, it would look almost silly, if not actually painful (like you're gonna tear a ligament any second). That's one of the reaons the old Six Million Dollar Man show was done with slow-motion bionic effects. Before it became cliche, it looked quite impressive.

Overall, Surfer's flying style aside, I think web-slinging looks the coolest. I still get chills watching those parts of the Spider-Man movies.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindship
web slinging
super speed
flight/jumping
vehical transport
teleportation

In terms of appearance, the problem with flight is that it's usually done in the Standard Horizontal Position. This is not a naturally comfortable position for a human being. If you try it, you'll find right away it puts a strain on the neck. That's one of the nice things about the Surfer: he flies standing up; quite unique in a genre of horizontal-position flyers, especially since it's a position anyone can relate to if they've ever tried surfing, snowboarding or most likely, skateboarding. It feels cool.

As for jumping: it can look cool depending on how the jumper manages their balance and positioning in the air. For example: in the Hulk movie, it looked like a few times the Hulk had to stabilize his body. It was realistic, yes, but not cool-looking. Other times, it looked much better.

Web-slinging looks cool and it's also something humans can relate to, if somewhat distantly, because 1) most of us have played on monkey bars when we were kids; and 2) we evolved from brachiators.

Vehicle transport: depends on the vehicle, but personally, I don't find it superheroish enough.

Teleportation: looks cool for short-range, ie, a hero flicking in and out of existence in avoiding attack. But in terms of long-range, pure transport: no too much to be cool about because there ain't much to see. Similar problem with superspeed (ie, running). On the one hand, it's usually shown in such a way that you can't see anything. And yet, if you showed someone moving their arms and legs really fast, it would look almost silly, if not actually painful (like you're gonna tear a ligament any second). That's one of the reaons the old Six Million Dollar Man show was done with slow-motion bionic effects. Before it became cliche, it looked quite impressive.

Overall, Surfer's flying style aside, I think web-slinging looks the coolest. I still get chills watching those parts of the Spider-Man movies.

You put a lot of thought into that didn't you?

{{QS}}
Thanos-copter

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by grey fox
Yeah but then you get yourself inhaled to death. Well, if you turn into something cool, like extra-potent mustard gas, then the last laugh is yours, no? evil face

Symmetric Chaos
Well, if you turn into something cool, like extra-potent mustard gas, then the last laugh is yours, no? evil face

No. You still die first stick out tongue

SpunkySmurph
No. You still die first stick out tongue Why would you die?

You're just stuck in someone's body.

Symmetric Chaos
Why would you die?

You're just stuck in someone's body.

With much of your body chemically bonded to thier blood stream. And reduced to a nigh powerless state of impotence.

If you can laugh at that point . . . there's something wrong.

Endless Mike
Surfer's board

Estacado
Thanos-copter.
Nuff said.

don't shiv
Boom Tube ain't bad

SpunkySmurph
With much of your body chemically bonded to thier blood stream. And reduced to a nigh powerless state of impotence.

If you can laugh at that point . . . there's something wrong. Why couldn't he just fuse with the bloodstream...? confused

Symmetric Chaos
Why couldn't he just fuse with the bloodstream...? confused

Because he couldn't thats why.

Also if his molecules were bonded to the blood are they still his? They would be part of a new substance unrelated to him.

SpunkySmurph
Because he couldn't thats why.

Also if his molecules were bonded to the blood are they still his? They would be part of a new substance unrelated to him. He's done it before with other substances, IIRC.

Symmetric Chaos
He's done it before with other substances, IIRC.

Kay.

LordKaos
I'd go with teleportation something like Magik I but without using limbo, (but then again it might be nice to be able to trap people i don't like in hell) just to get around any physical barriers, i just don't buy that a person no matter how fast they are can vibrate through matter without it falling apart. tech would be nice but then you'd have to know how to repair it if broke down. flying fun, but everybody would be like hey look the guy who can fly lets catch him and then sell him to government so they can cut him up and see how he works. web-slinging would only work in a city like NY, remember when spiderman went to California his web-slinging wasn't very effective.

SpunkySmurph
Another great one is Spot's spots.

Symmetric Chaos

laughing out loud

How about Impulse1M's ability to instantly appear where ever there is thought. It make for a awome enterance too.

TricksterPriest

thumb up What's the range on those things?

I really think Zero Shift deserves another mention. big grin

N8wBhrpyzMM

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
thumb up What's the range on those things?
Don't go to me for your tourney info. mhm

SpunkySmurph

How about Impulse1M's ability to instantly appear where ever there is thought. It make for a awome enterance too. Yes, it would... but personally, I wouldn't go for anything too fast or instantaneous. The effect doesn't last.

Symmetric Chaos
Yes, it would... but personally, I wouldn't go for anything too fast or instantaneous. The effect doesn't last.

Jumping out of people's ears would be fun for a good long time IMO.

SpunkySmurph
Well, that's true. laughing out loud

Hmm...

Symmetric Chaos
I should be protecting my ears now shouldn't I?

grey fox
A key-style 'door open-close' thing wold be pretty cool.

Symmetric Chaos
A key-style 'door open-close' thing wold be pretty cool.

shockyes

grey fox
shockyes

Think Keyblade.

SpunkySmurph
Of course, Ironman/War Machine's method of transport IS pretty cool.

SpunkySmurph
Think Keyblade. Ironically, the first thing that came to my mind was Beetlejuice. ermmnone

grey fox
Of course, Ironman/War Machine's method of transport IS pretty cool.

Flying tin-can ?

Also I'd consider falling to be an awesome method of transportation.

Symmetric Chaos
I've always liked the look of creating stairs or pathways out of one's surroundings (a la Magneto in the first movie)

grey fox
I've always liked the look of creating stairs or pathways out of one's surroundings (a la Magneto in the first movie)

thumb up

SpunkySmurph
Actually, I think riding on King Kong's shoulder would take the cake.

Thanos_THOTU
Xavier's Wheelchair

SpunkySmurph
Flying tin-can ?

Also I'd consider falling to be an awesome method of transportation. Didn't you hear?

Tin cans are hip now.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Xavier's Wheelchair Only if it's the yellow one, specifically from the cartoon.

Blair Wind
Iceman's Iceslides smile

Red Tornado's cyclone

grey fox
Didn't you hear?

Tin cans are hip now.

Bah , Falling pwns Tin-cans !Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Only if it's the yellow one, specifically from the cartoon. That thing was pure pimp ! He should of hung some Punk fuzzy dice off of the armrests !

Symmetric Chaos
Only if it's the yellow one, specifically from the cartoon.

Mos def!

SpunkySmurph
Actually, I think riding on King Kong's shoulder would take the cake. On second thought... Lockjaw would be pretty cool to transport with...

Symmetric Chaos
ShieldHeliCarriers are pretty nice. And you've got a good bit of firepower with you.

SpunkySmurph
For Cannonball, you could fly and kick ass with one action.

Mindship
You put a lot of thought into that didn't you?
I rest easier now.

lando005
bump

Symmetric Chaos
Gotta be one of the pimp chairs.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/metron.jpg

Can't find a pic of Xavier's chair though.

lando005
Gotta be one of the pimp chairs.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/metron.jpg

Can't find a pic of Xavier's chair though. dont you wish you had that chair during football season

lando005
human torch also has a pretty good way of getting across town

lando005
1. web-slingin
2. flight
3. surfboard/glider

lando005
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.