Shujinko (old man version from MK:Deception) vs Taven (from MK:Armageddon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
In a fight between the so-called Champion of the Elder Gods and the son of Argus, who would win? >.>

batdude123
I was SOOOOOOO much better with Taven than I was with Shujinko. Taven has better combos, and actually has specials (in Deception, Shujinko didn't have any special attacks). I'll go with Shujinko, but maybe I'm a little biased.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by batdude123
I was SOOOOOOO much better with Taven than I was with Shujinko. Taven has better combos, and actually has specials (in Deception, Shujinko didn't have any special attacks). I'll go with Shujinko, but maybe I'm a little biased.

Um, Shujinko did have special attacks in Deception (the same special moves he had in Armageddon; the copied ones from other characters and what not). You just had to unlock 'em in that Krypt or whatever. stick out tongue

But yeah. I see you point nonetheless. I kinda feel the same way smile, even though I was a little better with Taven. >.> Weird huh?

judgement hand
taven...wins

~the gold dragon hand of judgement

olympian
Shujinko. The ability of using other characters characteristic moves its a bit of a nice edge here.

And yes, you had to unblock his specials in the Kript.

Ryo 666
Taven wins.

Dark-Jaxx
Taven IMO.

Ryo 666
Taven is arguably the top character now after beating Raiden and all those others.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Ryo 666
Taven is arguably the top character now after beating Raiden and all those others.

Next time, use the edit feature.
Anyways, Shujinko wins this.

DarkC
Shujinko, if he has his copied special moves from other characters.

He can just freeze or Scorpion spear Taven in close, and open up with a devastating Mantis to sword stance switch combo.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Next time, use the edit feature.
Anyways, Shujinko wins this. No. smile

Ridley_Prime
lolz This got bumped?

Anyhow, yeah. I still think Shujinko would win this, or even if he doesn't, he's not goin' down that easily. erm

ThoraxeRMG
No. smile

You know you'll piss off the mods with that attitude. smile
I'm only just warning you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ryo 666
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
You know you'll piss off the mods with that attitude. smile
I'm only just warning you. roll eyes (sarcastic) I didn't double post, I broke no rules.

Piss off mods? Oh well.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
lolz This got bumped?

Anyhow, yeah. I still think Shujinko would win this, or even if he doesn't, he's not goin' down that easily. erm

Taven took on some of the best characters in the game, whats the best Shij beat, not including Onaga?

Kazenji
Shujinko pawns the new kid.

Ryo 666
Originally posted by Kazenji
Shujinko pawns the new kid. This new kid pawned Raiden among others.

Kadesh
Taven, in a stomp.

Special moves: He can move at the speed of light, become intangible, teleport, summon and manipulate fire through a variety of applications, and freeze time. Shujinko may have more special moves, but he quite simply has nothing that would enable him to stand up against someone who can freeze time, move at speeds miles beyond his own, and if Taven were to choose to go immaterial, there would be nothing that Shujinko could use to physically affect him.

Fighting accomplishments: Defeating the likes of Dark Raiden, Fujin, Noob Saibot, Mileena, Goro, Rain, and Daegon, and fighting through entire armies of warriors and giant freakish monsters and forces of nature, all in the space of one day, and then going on to defeat Blaze, a being who's latent spirit energy would have been so powerful that it would have been capable of wiping out every combatant fighting their way up to the top of the pyramid (over 60 of some of the most powerful beings in the realms, including Shujinko) puts him well beyond Shujinko as a fighter, who was never able to defeat someone as powerful as Blaze, and certainly never able to defeat such a large amount of powerful warriors in such a short period of time.

Then of course, there's the fact that after defeating Blaze, he was able to absorb the Elemental's power, and literally skyrocketed in power, where he became a full God, Protector of the Realm of Edenia. While it's true that Shujinko also got powered up, it would have logically been nowhere near to the same degree as Taven's considering the fact that Blaze actually transformed Taven into a God, whereas Shujinko received the effects that were spread out over 60 other warriors.

As I said, Taven in a stomp. Nobody else can truly compete.

Ryo 666
Now I think you are under estimating Shij.

DarkC
He can freeze time? Isn't that a little overpowered?

Ridley_Prime
Taven took on some of the best characters in the game, whats the best Shij beat, not including Onaga?
Scorpion.

Now I think you are under estimating Shij.
Same here.

Originally posted by DarkC
He can freeze time? Isn't that a little overpowered?
Yeah, but it's only temporary. 'sides, freezing time isn't one of Taven's special moves during actual Mortal Kombat fights (if that makes sense). It only works against the small fry in Konquest mode.

HmmK?
His extra powers aren't allowed I think, or shouldn't at least.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by HmmK?
His extra powers aren't allowed I think, or shouldn't at least.
Agreed.

Pyron_Knight
lol @ Taven being lightspeed.

Kazenji
Shujinko freezes tavens ass and then pounds the crap outta the kid.

HmmK?

Yes because that always holds them for good right?

Shij has got nothing to put him over Taven.

Taven is beating the likes of Raiden, Fujin, Blaze, Who did Shij beat?

Kazenji
Originally posted by HmmK?
Who did Shij beat?

Its been mentioned

it would help if you look and read roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

HmmK?
Its been mentioned

it would help if you look and read roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was a rhetorical question, because its obvious he didn't beat anyone that would put him over Taven. In Raidens ending he beat Shij, where Taven beat Raiden. Not canon I know but with games you take what you can.

So roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) at you.

Pyron_Knight
Didn't Shujinko shatter the Komidogu?
Seems impressive to me.

chilled monkey
Scorpion.

Which is pretty irrelevant since Taven beat him too.

Yeah, but it's only temporary. 'sides, freezing time isn't one of Taven's special moves during actual Mortal Kombat fights (if that makes sense). It only works against the small fry in Konquest mode.

Taven beat most of the Kombatants without needing to time freeze.

chilled monkey

Right. I'm sure Sub-Zero didn't think to try that when he fought Taven. And lost. smile

Seriously, Taven wins this. Shujinko has nothing he hasn't already overcome.

Ridley_Prime
Shujinko was given the ability to absorb the fighting styles and special attack patterns of any fighter he encounters. Not like he can't do the same with Taven and use his moves and stuff against him. erm

FeelGood
I'm pretty sure for forum fights he limited to who he had had in story before getting everyone, otherwise its unfair.

Yes its a bump but screw it I like MK.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
lol @ Taven being lightspeed.

Well he does have a move call "Speed of Light". Not sure if that's how fast he can actually move but it's possible.

FeelGood
He doesn't, he moves fast but its blockable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.