PiRates 4 AppArenTLy ConFiRmEd!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PirateDiva
I Just read on a Johnny Depp Website that an inside source said Pirates 4 has been confirmed and production is suppose to start late 2008, early 2009!!! But there is no official Disney Statement yet!

JaehSkywalker
gah! oh noes!

frankly, i dun like the idea of potc 4...

Tramps Lady
I saw the title of this thread anmd i was liek....omg....omg..omg omg omg!!! OMG! today, my firned gave me an invite for her bday to see pirates, and the invitation is pirate covered!

Micheal_Myers
Great Franchise, but I would hate to see it go down hill.Either way its the smart move to make, Disney will continue to make astounding profits from this franchise.As long as they dress Depp up as a pirtae, the fan girls will go marching in.

I myself, am opposed to the idea of 4, but I will go see it if it is made.

IheartPocky
Yeah I read that on ohjohnn.net smile

I dont want another one. sad

PirateDiva
Oh come now girls....u know they wouldnt do a Pirates 4 if the story idea wasnt amazing....Johnny would be the 1st to say NO!

dont shut it down....let the writers Brilliant Minds flutter away!! I would love a 4th....to me it means more Jack!! smile

Because Like Johnny, I'm not ready to say goodbye to Good Ol' Jack yet either!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
What would it even be about?

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by PirateDiva

dont shut it down....let the writers Brilliant Minds flutter away!! I would love a 4th....to me it means more Jack!! smile

Like I said, if you dress him up like a pirate...the fangirls will come....
-sigh-...

ivebeendepped43
Oh come now girls....u know they wouldnt do a Pirates 4 if the story idea wasnt amazing....Johnny would be the 1st to say NO!

Because Like Johnny, I'm not ready to say goodbye to Good Ol' Jack yet either!!! sosososososo ditto!!!

diddly
personally I'm not to hot on the idea.. yet if AWE is superb I might change my mind

ivebeendepped43
*sigh* i want a pirates 4

PirateDiva
Ibd43....looks like u and me are the Only Supporters....Oh Well!!

Pirates 4 Hooray!!! big grin

ivebeendepped43
yay!!! were the PIRATES 4 group! sweeet!

RoguePw25
This is good news! Let's hope that it's true, I would love a POTC 4!

diddly
hi roguepw long time no c! or maybe thats just bcause I haven't been on 4ever

*jcd*gmc*
might i add that i read somewhere that JERRY BRUCKHEIMER himself said that there should only be three installments because he doesnt really know how a fourth movie could develop. so i dont know...but i agree that it would be pretty hard to pick up where they left off. plus sparrabeth isnt looking so good for number 3....

diddly
jcdgmc I agree fully

*jcd*gmc*

hello??!! of course i want a pirates four but how would u pick up from movie 3? it would be pretty difficult. i mean i have been awaiting the release of at worlds end for 9 months and im getting obsessed all over again. i would so love to feel this way every once and a while when another installment comes out but im afraid the chances are slim. sad confused

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by diddly
jcdgmc I agree fully

thank you

Ericadawn
I am opposed to a fourth although they could easily continue the stories in novels and that would be cool.

mmoviejunkie

aahh i'm a supporter too!!
lol yay more johnny!

JaehSkywalker
okay, so don't get me wrong, it's their decision if they want to do it... if the story is good, then why not right? if it fails, i'm just not ready to let go of my POTC fever lol....

jackismyboo
he he i knew there would be a potc 4

They have the story line and they are working on 5 and six but they know what they are doing.

I think it will be a brilliant idea for a fourth, i mean Pirates is a huge franchise especially great for Disney imagine how much popular Disney will be and how much money it is phenomenal!! Yay more counting down to more Pirate movies and more heart aches and head aches and more tear your hairs yay!!!! The fun just never stops

JaehSkywalker
*adds to second post of mine*

i dunno.. i just don't like the idea... and i dunno why!!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by *jcd*gmc*
might i add that i read somewhere that JERRY BRUCKHEIMER himself said that there should only be three installments because he doesnt really know how a fourth movie could develop. so i dont know...but i agree that it would be pretty hard to pick up where they left off. plus sparrabeth isnt looking so good for number 3....

Yes but it was also JERRY BRUCKHEIMER who said to stay and watch the scene after the credits because it leaves it open for a POSSIBLE 4th!!! smile

Minie Mina
I don't get it..why people complian about a fourth.

So it's ok to have 100 episodes and a trillion never ending chapters of Star Wars.

Or 6 movies of Spider Man.

But no 4th for POTC? How can you conclude that is bad without knowing the story line or leaste, not knowing how the third will turn out.

I certainly don't want the pirates franchise to end. It's ok to have star wars everywhere, or whatever franchise. But pirates no?

PirateDiva
^^ Well said MINA!! I AGREE!!

HI NIPPLE BUDDY By The Way!!! big grin

Ericadawn
No, I don't agree about having that many sequels of Star Wars and Spider-man. In fact, as it much as it pains me to say so, I now realize that the prequels were not necessary at all and that Spider-man needs to end with 3.

I'd rather too little sequels than too many that make you forget why you liked the series in the first place.

Gore has said more than once that he was trying to kill the Pirate genre he helped bring back with the third one and either Ted or Terry said they wrote it to make sequels not possible.

Yes, if the quality of the first three can be maintained, then that's different, but this is the studio that brough you George of the Jungle 2, Lion King 2 and Hunchback of Notre Dame 2...all horrible excuses for making a buck.

Do you want POTC to be known as the greatest original trilogy ever as they think with a wistful expression how great it would have been to have more films or that sad series of Johnny Depp films that started off awesome and then became progressively sadder and sadder?

surfchikpir8fan
Yaaaaaaaah! *cheers* *does worm roll on floor* *runs back to computer screen and starts typing, giving threatening looks to anyone that looks at her weirdly*

I'm so excited, I hope it's going to be full steam ahead ... full winds ahead! I see alot people aren't to supportive! I'd laugh if it were the best out of them all! I'm so excited! But let's see how At World's End will be.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Minie Mina

So it's ok to have 100 episodes and a trillion never ending chapters of Star Wars.

But no 4th for POTC? How can you conclude that is bad without knowing the story line or leaste, not knowing how the third will turn out.

I certainly don't want the pirates franchise to end. It's ok to have star wars everywhere, or whatever franchise. But pirates no?

lemme explain okay Mina? take it from a Star Wars and Pirates fan...

okay.. we all know Star Wars has like, tons of books, episodes, and stuff like that.

the books aren't written by george lucas.

the prequels were made by him, and majority (i think) of SW fans think the PT sucked. including me. we just like it because, well, it's star wars. ps, for those who dunno, prequels we're the SW 1,2, and 3, the most recent ones. they were made after the 'sequels', or the original trilogy, the SW 4,5,6, which came first. and frankly, they had better stories. PT(prequel trilogy) just made it big because of its effects, and because it's Star Wars.

and because of soooo many SW fans, i doubt that the books will ever end. GL(george lucas) are just making lots of franchise and books and lotsa other things because SW is his biggest franchise. and his biggest movie. and for money.

spiderman 3.. well, some people do think it sucked too... and it probably wouldn't end too because the comics and other stuff have already laid out the story.

and according to experiences, sequels suck, as we would see up there. ^ so, people are hesitant about sequels.

that's why I am also hesitant about POTC 4... and people have the tendency to get tired of too much of one thing.

but i would never get tired of johnny... but another movie? well, i think i explained everything up there. ^^

surfchikpir8fan
Very truely said ...... ahhhhhh I can't wait for AWE!

JaehSkywalker
yeah.. AWE... love

Micheal_Myers

While I personally am not against more Spiderman movies, most fans are not okay with it as you say.It should always stop before they ruin it.Everyone always says"Well they wont do it unless the story is good."....Everyone always ends up wrong, it turns into a cash thing where they just throw Depp out there for you fangirls to drool over, and give it some haggard story so they can make millions of dollars.They will soon realize its that easy.Thats why its better if they stop it at a trilogy.

Bardock42
I Just read on a Johnny Depp Website that an inside source said Pirates 4 has been confirmed and production is suppose to start late 2008, early 2009!!! But there is no official Disney Statement yet! Well, doesn't sound too bad, you just need to have faith in Johnny Depp.

Though I subject to your dreadful capitalization of the thread title.

Minie Mina
Well, Im sorry. A lot just bit my head off.

My point is easy and clear.

If the third is good, go for a fourth.

Another point, don't think it's bad about a 4th movie without knowing the plot, savvy?

And I have nothing against Star Wars. You guys apparently thought I had something against the franchise.

My hands are clean with this

Bicnarok
as long as the variety and wealth of excellent sets and ideas continous, why not

JaehSkywalker
Well, Im sorry. A lot just bit my head off.

My point is easy and clear.

If the third is good, go for a fourth.

Another point, don't think it's bad about a 4th movie without knowing the plot, savvy?

And I have nothing against Star Wars. You guys apparently thought I had something against the franchise.

My hands are clean with this

nope. didn't think about that. stick out tongue

and i understand what your saying..

at least you got what our.. at least my,... opinion on this is..

JacksSweet

Sifzensinril
I must agree, only Johnny isn't enough

siriuswriter
They would need to bring the original three back. Plus Ted and Terry, and Gore.

Otherwise it would be like Star Wars without Han, Luke, and Leia.

Oh wait... yeah. Those sucked, didn't they?

JacksSweet

Sifzensinril
they could pretend that Lizzie is hidden in Jack's cabin

tee_pirategirl
Hi evryone! Been missing all of u for a while.

A fourth? I'm on board!(that rhymed)

as long as they maintain the quality and don't make a mistake like the SW PT I'm so gonna be supportive!!!! It's gonna be WAY cool.

I WILL be a bit worried that it won't turn out as good but I also have faith that it will.

JacksSweet

exanda kane
Capt. Jack Prequel perhaps?

PirateDiva
lol....well last Night Orlando was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno...and Jay asked him "would u do Pirates 4?" Orlando said "I'd do Pirates 10! I'd come out with my walker and Johnny would come out in his wheelchair" lol....that was cute!!

Minie Mina
I saw that interview!! I couldn't stop squeeing! He is a very charming man!

I love him so much!

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by siriuswriter
They would need to bring the original three back. Plus Ted and Terry, and Gore.

Otherwise it would be like Star Wars without Han, Luke, and Leia.

Oh wait... yeah. Those sucked, didn't they?

no.. actually the one where Anakin is is the one that pretty much sucked... they didn't explore the idea very well.

anyway... if they make it Jack's story... and claim it's Jack's sparrow's story really (like the way they claimed SW is the Skywalker family's story.. oh noes! please.. it ain't a pattern is it?) then i guess it might be cool..

but they need those three back! it won't be pirates without them because it clearly showed that they're the ones who are the main characters and without them it won't be pirates! *pants*

and lol to the Jay Leno interview! i need to see it... *crosses fingers* maybe it'll come out today... here where i am..

AudioHeart
Omg I hope they do a Pirates 4, YOU can NEVER have ENOUGH of Good Ol' Jack, lol I saw the title of this thread too, and i was like YAYNESS!!!

lol im all for more POTC movies happy Why, I hope they even make it like Star Wars, and make HEAPS!!! love Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

But maybe that's just my opinion laughing

Tramps Lady
^^^no....my opinion too. lol. im missin out on skool just to see the first screenin of it in victoria lol

AudioHeart
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
^^^no....my opinion too. lol. im missin out on skool just to see the first screenin of it in victoria lol

That's the way! lol big grin luckily (I still can't believe it) but I HAVE A PUPIL FREE DAY ON THE 24TH MAY!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Tramps Lady
lol, thats really funny. coz i go to a private school, the only days off we have are if the schools flooded, public hol or correction day, but because of that, we get an extra week in each of our hols

AudioHeart
c00l big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.