Movie Versions: Venom and Green Goblin vs Spiderman and New Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
The fights in Manhatten.

And Spiderman doesnt know about Venoms weakness to high-pitched noises.
Green Goblin- suit of armor, glider with all weapons: machine turrets, missiles, 4 pumpkin bombs and 1 atom disintegrator.
New Goblin- suit with mask, new glider with all weapons: flamethrower, missiles, shuriken grenades and 4 pumpkin bombs.

golem370
New Goblin beats Old Goblin faster and better weapons Venom beat Spidey but only after a long draw out fight. although know Venoms weakness he might have a good chance

1Easta1
If this is movie versions right? Harry would blow up Venom and fast I might add and then Spidy beats GG as me did inn the first one.

braz
Originally posted by 1Easta1
If this is movie versions right? Harry would blow up Venom and fast I might add and then Spidy beats GG as me did inn the first one.

Do you think a pumpkin bomb would be enough to take out Venom?

1Easta1
Originally posted by braz
Do you think a pumpkin bomb would be enough to take out Venom? braz did you see spidy? Because if its movie versions it would be as I said. I don't want to give away the movie so go see it if then come back if you didn't.

braz
braz did you see spidy? Because if its movie versions it would be as I said. I don't want to give away the movie so go see it if then come back if you didn't.

Yeah, I saw it, the thing is though, was that an incendiary pumpkin bomb or one of those atom disintegrators Norman used on the Board of Directors in Spiderman 1? Cuz Venom just like disappeared after it went off like the Board of Directors, and both Spidey and Goblin(new) took one to the face and it hardly injured them. I wouldnt think the symbiote would be that vulnerable to fire. erm

1Easta1
I don't know but that how it went in the movie tho.

braz
I don't know but that how it went in the movie tho.

Yeah, it just didnt seem right though. sad

StarsNeverFall7
Spidey and New Goblin win this pretty easily.

braz
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Spidey and New Goblin win this pretty easily.

How so?

braz
bump.

StarsNeverFall7
New Goblin was well above his father physically and with technology. Venom really didn't do anything that impressive as Sandman put up much more of a hurting on Spider-Man than Venom did.

Not to mention Spidey and NG have access to gadgets that expose Venoms weakness as where Venom and GG don't have that luxury. Spider-Man could hold off Venom while NG takes out GG, then a pumpkin bomb to the symboite and the fights over.

braz
New Goblin was well above his father physically and with technology. Venom really didn't do anything that impressive as Sandman put up much more of a hurting on Spider-Man than Venom did.

Not to mention Spidey and NG have access to gadgets that expose Venoms weakness as where Venom and GG don't have that luxury. Spider-Man could hold off Venom while NG takes out GG, then a pumpkin bomb to the symboite and the fights over.

I think Norman and Harry were about equal in physical stats. Norman was no slouch seeing how he made Spiderman fly about 30-45 feet and through a metal lightpole in one kick. and Venom IMO put just about an equal hurtin on Spiderman as Sandman did, and plus if it wasnt for Venom holding him down, Sandman wouldnt have been able to hit Spidey. Venom got in three major fist fights with Spiderman and won all of them. If it wasnt for the vulnerability to loud sounds, Venom wouldve come out on top.
And I wouldnt be too sure that that was an incendiary pumpkin Spidey used on Venom at the end, because Venom just like completely vaporized, and Spidey and Harry both took one to the face and hardly got hurt. So IMO, the symbiote wouldnt be THAT vulnerable to heat, seeing as how it also came down from a flaming meteor burning thousands of degrees.

StarsNeverFall7
Yes, and Spider-Man wasn't having much trouble in holding Venom off by himself at all(Not winning, holding off). Venom also has a weakness to fire, so incendiary should work just fine. NG wouldn't have much trouble putting down GG and then it would go to a tag team on Venom, a fight in the comics he could probably win, but in the movie, nope.

braz
Yes, and Spider-Man wasn't having much trouble in holding Venom off by himself at all(Not winning, holding off). Venom also has a weakness to fire, so incendiary should work just fine. NG wouldn't have much trouble putting down GG and then it would go to a tag team on Venom, a fight in the comics he could probably win, but in the movie, nope.

Spiderman did what he could, but just like in the comics, he got his butt whooped, and hes admitted it time after time again in the comics. but, regardless thats comics, and yeah I know he has a vulnerability to heat(I've seen his profile), but like I said, the symbiote survived being in a flaming meteor falling to Earth so why not from an incendiary bomb which would be not even as hot?

Fianchettoer
Realistically, Harry and the GG were about equally strong. Even though Harry had more of a vendetta against Spider-Man than his father, they still had the same strength. GG was sicker in the brain, though, than Harry. Venom in the movie is weaker than Venom in the comics in my opinion. He didn't do anything special and he wasn't even evil. He didn't kill anyone. Who was venom in the movie??

StarsNeverFall7
Spider-Man one on one with Venom wasn't doing badly. It was having to deal with Sandman in addition that he got wrecked. Not to mention Spidey and NG already have knowledge of Venom's weakness.

I can't answer your question about the meteor part, just the fact one pumpkin bomb put Venom out, which wouldn't be hard for Spidey or NG to land one. Then the two on one, either of the two Venom or GG is going to go down.

braz
Spider-Man one on one with Venom wasn't doing badly. It was having to deal with Sandman in addition that he got wrecked. Not to mention Spidey and NG already have knowledge of Venom's weakness.

I can't answer your question about the meteor part, just the fact one pumpkin bomb put Venom out, which wouldn't be hard for Spidey or NG to land one. Then the two on one, either of the two Venom or GG is going to go down.

Yeah, but I said for this fight that they dont know, however that still doesnt mean they cant find out while the fights going on. And even if that was a pumpkin bomb that somehow disintegrated Eddie Brock and the symbiote too, it wouldnt be too much of a problem with Venoms speed and reflexes. Plus hes supposed to have a 360 degree view of everything around his whole head. If one came to him, he could just dodge it, shoot a web at it and yank it back at Harry like Spidey did.

StarsNeverFall7
You said they don't know about the weakness to sound...or atleast I think that's what I remember from the OP.

NG is going to be taking out GG with out much effort. It took a Spidey with the symboite to really put a beating on him, and aside from the bomb to the face, he came out fine. Even if it wasn't by much, Harry was above his dad and they have the whole friend;y team work deal going for them.

Venom just didn't do enough in the movie to give them enough of an edge to walk away with a solid majority here, that's all.

braz
You said they don't know about the weakness to sound...or atleast I think that's what I remember from the OP.

NG is going to be taking out GG with out much effort. It took a Spidey with the symboite to really put a beating on him, and aside from the bomb to the face, he came out fine. Even if it wasn't by much, Harry was above his dad and they have the whole friend;y team work deal going for them.

Venom just didn't do enough in the movie to give them enough of an edge to walk away with a solid majority here, that's all.

Yes, they do not know. But I think the fight between New Goblin and Green Goblin will be alot closer than you think, but thats my opinion.

And Spiderman not knowing Venoms weakness would be a huge disadvantage seeing as how he was getting whooped until all those little bar thingies started falling and making that loud noise. Also, IMO Venom would be able to evade a pumpkin bomb if he was actually in the symbiote and able to move, which he wasnt when Spidey threw it at him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.