Venom runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
Okay, this is Brock, the original Venom and he gets 30 minutes of prep time. The fights are in Manhatten at dusk.

And Eddie gets 1 day max between fights to rest, heal or w/e.
Also, no one has prior knowledge to Venoms weaknesses.

1. Captain America

2. Batman- standard equipment in utility belt.

3. Wolverine

4. Luke Cage

5. Symbiote Spiderman

6. Green Goblin

7. 5 Warrior Predators-plasma casters, indestructible wrist blades and smart disks, and all other standard equipment.

8. Omega Red

9. Iron Man- with timed force field- 1 minute

10. Original Spawn(before issue 50)

guy222
Originally posted by braz
Okay, this is Brock, the original Venom and he gets 30 minutes of prep time. The fights are in Manhatten at dusk.

And Eddie gets 1 day max between fights to rest, heal or w/e.
Also, no one has prior knowledge to Venoms weaknesses.

1. Captain America

2. Batman- standard equipment in utility belt.

3. Wolverine

4. Luke Cage

5. Symbiote Spiderman

6. Green Goblin

7. 5 Warrior Predators-plasma casters, indestructible wrist blades and smart disks, and all other standard equipment.

8. Omega Red

9. Iron Man- with timed force field- 1 minute

10. Original Spawn(before issue 50)

Gets to Logan

llagrok
Originally posted by guy222
Gets to Logan

and stops at Logan laughing out loud

Sam Z
Gets to 7. May be 8.

Estacado
Gets to Logan Originally posted by llagrok
and stops at Logan laughing out loud
no expression

Rewmac
Gets to Logan Originally posted by llagrok
and stops at Logan laughing out loud laughing laughing

Anyway the Predators are a tough choice, but he can deal with Omega. But first the Predators (but those are slow as hell) Gets to Iron-Man.

braz
Originally posted by Sam Z
Gets to 7. May be 8.

Agreed.

Sparkz
If he gets past the Goblin, I only think Osborn has a chance cause the fire from his bombs may weaken Venom enough for Osborn to hurt Brock, though I believe Brock should take Osborn down anyway, he stops at 7

Hannibal-Lector
O... i guess my opinion is flawed but me says 9...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Gets to and stops at Howlett

Estacado
Originally posted by Estacado
no expression

Rewmac
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Gets to and stops at Howlett http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/whitenuts.gif

braz
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Gets to and stops at Howlett

Hows Wolverine gunna beat Venom?

playa1258
Wolveine is pretty much the most overrated character in comics. Venom would kill him.

braz
Originally posted by playa1258
Wolveine is pretty much the most overrated character in comics. Venom would kill him.

Due to bad writing, hes still an awesome character though and one of my favorites. He just wouldnt ever beat Venom. no

llagrok
Venom tried to bond, it failed.

If you can't kill Wolverine by reducing him to a skeleton, I fail to see how Venom plans on doing it.

braz
Originally posted by llagrok

If you can't kill Wolverine by reducing him to a skeleton, I fail to see how Venom plans on doing it.

Bond? To what? What the hell are you talking about? What the f**k?

And like I said, yeah, due to bad writing we have this being known as Godverine that can somehow have all his flesh/tissue/organs blown off and reduced to nothing but a metal skeleton and still survive. roll eyes (sarcastic) It even says in his profile that excessive injury such as severing limbs or heavily damaging organs could kill him. PIS my friend. PIS.

Rewmac
Due to bad writing, hes still an awesome character though and one of my favorites. He just wouldnt ever beat Venom. no Agreed to that.

llagrok
Bond? To what? What the hell are you talking about? What the f**k?

And like I said, yeah, due to bad writing we have this being known as Godverine that can somehow have all his flesh/tissue/organs blown off and reduced to nothing but a metal skeleton and still survive. roll eyes (sarcastic) It even says in his profile that excessive injury such as severing limbs or heavily damaging organs could kill him. PIS my friend. PIS.

That's what the symbiote does, it bonds to things. It tried bonding to Wolverine and it failed. Removing a limb and damaging his organs won't kill, hasn't done since the 80s.

Venom's not strong enough to rip Wolverine in half or anything. Brock Venom was pretty weak compared to the current one, so I say Wolverine takes this.

Even if he did kill Wolverine, all he does is fight Lazaer and come right back smile

braz
That's what the symbiote does, it bonds to things. It tried bonding to Wolverine and it failed. Removing a limb and damaging his organs won't kill, hasn't done since the 80s.

Venom's not strong enough to rip Wolverine in half or anything. Brock Venom was pretty weak compared to the current one, so I say Wolverine takes this.

Even if he did kill Wolverine, all he does is fight Lazaer and come right back smile

Wolverine can heal from virtually anything, true. But that still doesnt stop him from being KO'ed by Venom and thats an option for this gauntlet, and with Venoms strength which I would say is sufficient(Class 10+) for Classic version, he could do that.

Ytse
Wolverine can heal from virtually anything, true. But that still doesnt stop him from being KO'ed by Venom and thats an option for this gauntlet, and with Venoms strength which I would say is sufficient(Class 10+) for Classic version, he could do that.

And I think Venom could KO Wolverine before Wolverine could kill or KO Venom.

Creshosk
5 would be an interesting fight.

Spiderman+venom symbiote versus Brock with symbiote.

Now while brock was able to more fully bond with the symbiote, Spiderman still has a higer base ability set for the symbiote to work with.

Wolverine can heal from virtually anything, true. But that still doesnt stop him from being KO'ed by Venom and thats an option for this gauntlet, and with Venoms strength which I would say is sufficient(Class 10+) for Classic version, he could do that. Eh, Wolverine has proven pretty tough to KO when fully rested.

braz
Originally posted by Creshosk
5 would be an interesting fight.

Spiderman+venom symbiote versus Brock with symbiote.

Now while brock was able to more fully bond with the symbiote, Spiderman still has a higer base ability set for the symbiote to work with.

Eh, Wolverine has proven pretty tough to KO when fully rested.

Yeah, they actually fought like that in the comics once where Spidey had the symbiote too, and Venom surprisingly won, and KO'ed Spidey. Because doesnt the symbiote even further enhance Spidey's(Classic Spidey) abilities..? To say...I believe someone said it grants him from class 10 strength to class 25. Is that true..? Cuz if it is, then Venom should've lost, or hes just damn good.

SpunkySmurph

Even if he did kill Wolverine, all he does is fight Lazaer and come right back smile Venom just has to KO Logan. Not kill him.

Venom doesn't need to rip Wolverine in half. If it wasn't for Logan's adamantium skeleton, he could with ease.

Prior to multiple upgrades, Brock Venom chucked a van across an island with one hand, IIRC.

After multiple upgrades, he was easily in the class 80s.

He's also faster, and has better ranged attacks then Logan.

He would beat Wolverine down with ease.

braz
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Venom just has to KO Logan. Not kill him.

Venom doesn't need to rip Wolverine in half. If it wasn't for Logan's adamantium skeleton, he could with ease.

Prior to multiple upgrades, Brock Venom chucked a van across an island with one hand, IIRC.

Wait, Brock? In the class 80's..?? eek! Holycrap is this current or what?

SpunkySmurph
Wait, Brock? In the class 80's..?? eek! Holycrap is this current or what? Towards the end of his career he was, IIRC.

braz
Towards the end of his career he was, IIRC.

Oh ok, well I dont wanna use that version of Venom, just the Classic Eddie Brock thats like around 11 ton strength and slightly stronger than Classic Spidey. Geese, all these characters getting upgrades in strength-almost makes them kinda godlike and it's kind of annoying, why cant they just keep it as the original? sad

Sam Z

It was Venom's clone with an old lady as a host and Wolverine still couldn't hurt it, even though the clone wasn't really trying to fight back. And it didn't fail anything, it bonded to Wolverine later.
Also Eddie Brock Venom is both stronger and more durable than current Venom. And Venom has lots of options to take Logan down.

braz
It was Venom's clone with an old lady as a host and Wolverine still couldn't hurt it, even though the clone wasn't really trying to fight back. And it didn't fail anything, it bonded to Wolverine later.
Also Eddie Brock Venom is both stronger and more durable than current Venom. And Venom has lots of options to take Logan down.

Was that in the Run series?

Sparkz
Venom just has to KO Logan. Not kill him.

Class 80...I wouldn't go that far class 50 at the very most.

jinzin
Venom's suit was compared to be as strong as Thing by Spiderman in the Marvel Knights Venomous story line.
Venom was well within the 30 to 40 ton range well before he had multiple upgrades.. he lifted an enormouns bulldozer over his head.
And the clone Venom was actually more threatening than regular Venom.. Simply because it didn't need a host to survive, or be mobile. It was fighting back.. In fact it started the fight by slamming Wolverine into the ground, and it was chokig wolverine there after... Wolverine just started clawing and bouncing around all over the place... he even scored a head shot on Venom 2.0 which would have downed Brock for sure.

Normally, I'd venture to say that Venom in character would lose to Wolverine.. But he has thirty minutes to prep this out and he's smart as hell.... He broke out of the vault and organized a successful strike against not one but two large superhero teams. I'd say that Venom makes it to the preds before he starts having problems..
If he gets past them, then Tony stops him.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by jinzin
Venom's suit was compared to be as strong as Thing by Spiderman in the Marvel Knights Venomous story line.
Venom was well within the 30 to 40 ton range well before he had multiple upgrades.. he lifted an enormouns bulldozer over his head.
And the clone Venom was actually more threatening than regular Venom.. Simply because it didn't need a host to survive, or be mobile. It was fighting back.. In fact it started the fight by slamming Wolverine into the ground, and it was chokig wolverine there after... Wolverine just started clawing and bouncing around all over the place... he even scored a head shot on Venom 2.0 which would have downed Brock for sure.

Normally, I'd venture to say that Venom in character would lose to Wolverine.. But he has thirty minutes to prep this out and he's smart as hell.... He broke out of the vault and organized a successful strike against not one but two large superhero teams. I'd say that Venom makes it to the preds before he starts having problems..

Yup. The Lethal Protector is more than a match for everyone up until he meets the predators. Predators have too much tech on-hand; inevitably some of those involve fire, possibly sonics.

Iron Man however would take down eddie.

What's important to recall in this gauntlet is that the symbiote allows brock to be more versatile than most others...exceptions that come to my mind are symbiote/secret wars spider-man, iron man, and perhaps the predators. with the symbiote brock can basically render himself invisible to the naked eye as the symbiote is able to blend into its environment/shadows/assume different appearances and clothing. with 30 min prep he can easily use all these abilities to his advantage, in addition to using the symbiote to attack from afar, etc. wolverine nullifies these advantages through his senses, but as already posted venom can get the ko and advance...he doesn't have to kill wolverine.

Sam Z
Was that in the Run series?

Yep.

llagrok

laughing out loud

Stronger than the current venom

Sam Z
laughing out loud

Stronger than the current venom

Um... Yeah actually. confused If you find it funny then you're not familiar with Brock-Venom.

llagrok
Um... Yeah actually. confused If you find it funny then you're not familiar with Brock-Venom.

Venom's strength around the time Eddie slit his wrists was pretty pathetic. I still say Mac Venom is far stronger. Make it a thread and see what the people say.

Estacado
Wolverine beating Brock????
Give me a break fanboy...

Sam Z
Venom's strength around the time Eddie slit his wrists was pretty pathetic. I still say Mac Venom is far stronger. Make it a thread and see what the people say. I don't need people's opinion on this. I just know it because of his feats. What did Gargan do? Got koed with a WALL. That's really pathetic. Brock Venom is MUCH more durable and as for actual physical strength, Brock-Venom could destroy tanks with his punches. And do something class 80 Rhino couldn't. He KOed Peter with a single punch more than on one ocasion. Well, also he kicks Carnage ass all the time (who's said to be stronger)

red symbiote01
sorry to intterrupt but carnage would ko venom in full form or just bond with him .... Happy Dance

braz
Originally posted by jinzin

So ur saying Wolverine>>Eddie Brock?? What the f**k?

braz
Wolverine beating Brock????
Give me a break fanboy...

I know right.

braz
Venom's strength around the time Eddie slit his wrists was pretty pathetic. I still say Mac Venom is far stronger. Make it a thread and see what the people say.

Mac is stronger than Classic Brock when he first got the symbiote, but Brock is still better with it.

Estacado
Mac is stronger than Classic Brock when he first got the symbiote, but Brock is still better with it.
Gargan isn't stronger then Brock. He didn't got any upgrade since he got the suit and he has difficulties with baring it.

braz
Gargan isn't stronger then Brock. He didn't got any upgrade since he got the suit and he has difficulties with baring it.

What is Classic Venoms strength level, when he first bonded with the symbiote?

braz
What is Classic Venoms strength level, when he first bonded with the symbiote?

So when Venom first bonded with it, he was like Class 50+?

llagrok
So when Venom first bonded with it, he was like Class 50+?

Not even close.

He was slightly stronger than Spidey. This recent venom has proven to be insanely durable and capable of expanding his mass. Like you saw in his fight against Jack flag.

Though there is only ONE true Venom and that is Brock. You can tell that Mac has no real skills, it's the symbiote doing all the work

qqqqqqq
sonic/fire bombs ftw

capt it up
omega red....takes it

Sam Z
Originally posted by red symbiote01
sorry to intterrupt but carnage would ko venom in full form or just bond with him .... Happy Dance No, Carnage would get his ass handed to him, as always...

Sam Z
Not even close.

He was slightly stronger than Spidey. This recent venom has proven to be insanely durable and capable of expanding his mass. Like you saw in his fight against Jack flag. Brock-Venom could do that as well, and his durability feats are much more impressive than Gargan's. Brock was said to be class 11, but it was always demonstrated that he's MUCH stronger than that.

Though there is only ONE true Venom and that is Brock. You can tell that Mac has no real skills, it's the symbiote doing all the work Agreed here.

braz
Brock-Venom could do that as well, and his durability feats are much more impressive than Gargan's. Brock was said to be class 11, but it was always demonstrated that he's MUCH stronger than that.

Okay, but wait..Did Venom ever undergo any upgrades in strength or durability up until the point where he did things like lifting that giant bulldozer..?

Sam Z
Okay, but wait..Did Venom ever undergo any upgrades in strength or durability up until the point where he did things like lifting that giant bulldozer..?
He lifted giant bulldozers and destroyed tanks before the upgrades. It was classic Brock-Venom.

braz
He lifted giant bulldozers and destroyed tanks before the upgrades. It was classic Brock-Venom.

So in your honest opinion, what class would u say he was in? 15, 20?

Sam Z
So in your honest opinion, what class would u say he was in? 15, 20?

Well, Spider-man was concidered to be class 10 at the time but was able to lift around 15 tons when stressed or pissed. Venom was always stronger than him. Also he wrestled with Carnage(who's oficially class 50) and won couple of times. IMHO he was around class 30 at the time.

llagrok
Brock himself was pretty strong without the symbiote wasn't he? Not on a superhuman scale though.

Sam Z
Brock himself was pretty strong without the symbiote wasn't he? Not on a superhuman scale though. Yep, he's a peak human.
1. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=8699667
__

1. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=8699683
2. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=8699689
__

1. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=8699713
Dig the scans. smile

braz
Well, Spider-man was concidered to be class 10 at the time but was able to lift around 15 tons when stressed or pissed. Venom was always stronger than him. Also he wrestled with Carnage(who's oficially class 50) and won couple of times. IMHO he was around class 30 at the time.

Thats pretty reasonable. It's just, I didnt know all this stuff about him. Guess it's better to rely on feats rather than profiles, eh? smile

Sam Z
Thats pretty reasonable. It's just, I didnt know all this stuff about him. Guess it's better to rely on feats rather than profiles, eh? smile
Yeah, I believe so too. smile
Half of Jugernaut's profiles say that he's class 90 no expression

braz
Yeah, I believe so too. smile
Half of Jugernaut's profiles say that he's class 90 no expression

What the f**k?

Classic Juggs?? If so, thats just f*cked up. And actually I'd really say Spideys around class 25 if we're going by feats, I've seen him lift mini tanks over his head and with the tap of his finger he tipped over a railroad car. no expression

Sam Z
What the f**k?

Classic Juggs?? If so, thats just f*cked up. And actually I'd really say Spideys around class 25 if we're going by feats, I've seen him lift mini tanks over his head and with the tap of his finger he tipped over a railroad car. no expression And don't forget liftin 1.5 train car over his head, and that was classic Spider-man.yes

braz
And don't forget liftin 1.5 train car over his head, and that was classic Spider-man.yes

wink

Sparkz
What the f**k?

Classic Juggs?? If so, thats just f*cked up. And actually I'd really say Spideys around class 25 if we're going by feats, I've seen him lift mini tanks over his head and with the tap of his finger he tipped over a railroad car. no expression

Spidey's profiles say he is class 25 wink so he can lift 20 tons

braz
Originally posted by Sparkz
Spidey's profiles say he is class 25 wink so he can lift 20 tons

Yeah thats new Spidey though, and hes undergone some upgrades. The profile says hes class 20, but is probably much more stronger when we see some more feats of his with this upgrade he has now. Classic Spidey however, was said to be class 10 in the profile, but back then, he was shown to lift an at least 20 ton tank over his head. Just think of what he can do now. no expression

red symbiote01
loooooooook carnage owning....... o yes venom

Sam Z
Originally posted by red symbiote01
loooooooook carnage owning....... o yes venom

Yeah, except. Venom kicked his a$$ 3 times before and humiliated him twice.

Sparkz
Yeah thats new Spidey though, and hes undergone some upgrades. The profile says hes class 20, but is probably much more stronger when we see some more feats of his with this upgrade he has now. Classic Spidey however, was said to be class 10 in the profile, but back then, he was shown to lift an at least 20 ton tank over his head. Just think of what he can do now. no expression Actualy one profile said he was class 25, but he could lift 20. Wouldn't wanna see him pissed now

braz
Originally posted by Sparkz
Actualy one profile said he was class 25, but he could lift 20. Wouldn't wanna see him pissed now

Hmms. did not know that. Was that classic Spidey? If so, Then thats about right then. As for classic Venom however, class 10+ aint cuttin it. He's around at least class 30.

Sparkz
Hmms. did not know that. Was that classic Spidey? If so, Then thats about right then. As for classic Venom however, class 10+ aint cuttin it. He's around at least class 30.

No this was current Spidey. Classic Spidey was class 10, though when he was really pissed he may have boosted his strength to about 15-20 tons. then he got an upgrade for 15 tons, and now he can lift 20 tons, though I assume when he is pissed he lifts 25-30, but of course thats really only speculation.

Jyppe
The editors or the finnish company stated Venom's strenght to be around 25 tons when Venom was a big hit (just before Carnage's apperance) I'm not sure how good their sources are, but IMo it sounds about right.

Gargan has at least 15 tons worth of strenght (His scorpion powers) and the added strenght from the Venom symbiote. IMO he's supposed to be stronger and durable than Brock Venom, but he has hard time controlling it or doing "team work" with it. And he's stupid as hell.

There were theories about why venom's strenght fluctuates so much, some of them stated that adrealine was the key. (Would explain why Carnage's stronger, because he's a f'cking nut job) On the other hand, Brock's body would produce lots of adrealine when he gets excited/mad because his body is huge. Gargan isn't huge, nor a complite wack job, but he does have a heightened metabolism due to his scorpion powers.

Sam Z
Good theory, adrenaline might actually be the reason. Brock even once said (when fough Ghost Rider) that everytime he hears "Spider-man" his strength bosts. But I personally think that strength depends on how well host and the symbiote get along.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Jyppe
The editors or the finnish company stated Venom's strenght to be around 25 tons when Venom was a big hit (just before Carnage's apperance) I'm not sure how good their sources are, but IMo it sounds about right.

Gargan has at least 15 tons worth of strenght (His scorpion powers) and the added strenght from the Venom symbiote. IMO he's supposed to be stronger and durable than Brock Venom, but he has hard time controlling it or doing "team work" with it. And he's stupid as hell.

There were theories about why venom's strenght fluctuates so much, some of them stated that adrealine was the key. (Would explain why Carnage's stronger, because he's a f'cking nut job) On the other hand, Brock's body would produce lots of adrealine when he gets excited/mad because his body is huge. Gargan isn't huge, nor a complite wack job, but he does have a heightened metabolism due to his scorpion powers.

If you read the bio on Marvel site it states Gargan lifts 15 tons with his Scorpion powers and lifts 45 as Venom, to me this sounds pretty accurate, especialy as I see Brock Venom lift 50 tons. But as I have said before Gargan is no where near as durable as Brock Venom, thats why he gets trounced so much more.

Hitman911
These Wolvie Fanboys crack me up!!! laughing laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.