Blizzard Talks May 19

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MadMel
lots of rumors have been flying around for ages about what will happen tomorrow..same say daiblo3, some say starcraft ghost etc..
im hoping for daiblo 3, but that isnt likely..

Burning thought
hmm yes, PC Gamer magazine have looked deep into this and think it may be Starcraft 2 thats announced, although i am also hoping for Diablo 3

BackFire
Starcraft 2 is the most likely, I think. Since the event is being held in Korea, where Starcraft is massively popular.

Also, I can't see it being Diablo 3 because it could be seen as a competitor for WoW. We'll see, though.

SaTsuJiN
They dont have the talent to revive diablo... blizzard north packed up their bags and left quite a while ago

wasnt it blizzard north who also helped develop starcraft?

MadMel
probably
Originally posted by BackFire
Starcraft 2 is the most likely, I think. Since the event is being held in Korea, where Starcraft is massively popular.

Also, I can't see it being Diablo 3 because it could be seen as a competitor for WoW. We'll see, though.
that post is identical to the one made in diablo3.com forums...are you the same guy??

BackFire
Er...I didn't know there were Diablo 3 forums.

So no.

MadMel
laughing out loud
both post were exactly the same stick out tongue

fluke!

Ushgarak
Yup, tomorrow it will finally be announced that another game will be coming out in five years, or whatever the lead time is this time...

I hope I am completely wrong, of course. Still, their cycling through of their games on the website right now has been good for building tension.

MadMel
yea
i went to the blizzard site, and i found a mad picture (made entirely from 0s and 1s) of one of those "o rly" owls laughing

erm..back on topic..i just checked out al the fansites and apparently, whatever it is theyve been working on has been in development for a couple of years...i dont think so though erm

Burning thought
well blizzard are pretty big, and in actuality Satsujin not all the talent is gone, a few people who designed Diablo are still with Blizzard, besides they may somehow be working together behind the scenes to make Diablo 3....ermm...maybe confused laughing out loud hopefully they mite anyway

but yeh SC 2 is likely, although i love both so i dont mind too much, well have Hellgate london which is made by Blizz north which looks quite awsome

Mišt
IT'S OFFICIAL!

Starcraft 2 in 2009!

Oh yeah!dd

SpaceMonkey
Damn you, Mist!!!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud

SaTsuJiN

Smasandian
Nah, Starcraft hasnt been touched for atleast 10 years or so.

I think its ready for an sequel.

They're been rumors that it will be Starcraft, but as an MMO, which would be horrible.

K73SK
*begs for diablo3 more than starcraft* droolio

MadMel
oh well...at least im now 70% certain that blizzard will announce D3 at their blizzcon in august

K73SK
or...are you!! :O

MadMel
dun dun dunnnnn! shifty

SaTsuJiN
lol "I'm a shadow-medic... heal yourself noob"

"I rolled dark templar.. but I'm main healer... lulz.."

blizzard.. we truly love ya..

MadMel
er...yes

Barker

Mišt
dd

SaTsuJiN
hope the units have good pathing AI... I hate when you tell a group to go somewhere and they stumble over the most rediculous things to get there

Morridini
Weird, seen none of the obvious links posted.

The timeline has been changed, questionmark removed, Starcraft II added: http://www.blizzard.com/

I found the "Hell, it's about time" amusing.

Aswell as the official site could be interesting to check out: http://www.starcraft2.com/

Darth Extecute
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/451993_1-starcraft-2

http://www.starcraft2.com/

http://www.blizzard.com/

Ushgarak
"At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible."

Ahhh... crap

Fire
yea that kinda sucks but finally we can start dreaming away at images and articles (which we know are real)

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Ushgarak
"At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible."

Ahhh... crap

kek.. the only game they managed to balance was starcraft.. I dont know about diablo 2 cuz I stopped playing at 1.10.. but synergy was a great idea

and WoW.. puh-leeze... they've got about 10 more years before 'that' mess is polished / balanced

Burning thought
hehe i dont think WoW will ever be balanced, peopel just shout Nerf all the time and then blizz nerf em too much or buff another too much.

is there any game thats balanced except Starcraft lol? especially in RTS's theres always one who has leverage

Darth Extecute
Actually Wc3 TFT is really balanced..

Ushgarak
Actually... though this is all nice... I am not quite as big on RTS games as I used to be. Something about that mad competitive scramble in multi-player... I know it's very popular but it kind of puts me off. It's like, all this work on setting and mood and it all comes down to numbers and absuing whatever tactical holes in the system you can find. Bleh. And despite the statements they make in the FAQ, I susopect that as far as single player goes, this won't be anything new.

For a long time I sasid that Blizzard were holding off with SCII because they wouldn't want to just make a sci-fi version of Warcraft III, they would want something novel. From what can be seen so far, it seems I was very wrong about that.

Still, early days- I want to see what new tricks they may have thought up. For me, it will take more than a 3-d engine and new units to really get my enthusiasm.

Burning thought
maybe Ush but what more could you have, new units, better AI, more maps...what else coudl you add to a RTS game, i mean they cant rewrite the original rules of starcraft, it worked too well.

Ushgarak
People have managed to re-invent things like the FPS genre over time. For that matter- although there was less pressure to innovate- Blizzard did a lot of new stuff (or at least relatively new stuff integrated well) in WCIII with the time and heroes mechanics. And the 3-d engine for a Blizzard game was new then as well.

You can't just keep churning out the same stuff in a glossier package. It bores me.

Fire
I see what you mean, although I'd be happy with moderate improvements as well.

The cinematic trailer rocks!

SaTsuJiN
I'm wondering what else they have to offer at this event... was it all for SC2 ?

RaventheOnly
One innivated thing taht was introduced in Zero Hour which invigarated the game completely was specialization of the classes. China, USA, and GLA gave birth to USA super weapons general, Laser, Airpower; China Tank, Nuke, and infantry; GLA Stealth, Toxin, and demolitions. This simple change created a completely new game. If you add better graphics, and mix it with the battle map conquer the world/universe like rise of nations it would pwn. This is what Dawn of war is starting to attempt and its really fun conquering territories at your own will. Add specialization and it would increase the playability ten fold.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
One innivated thing taht was introduced in Zero Hour which invigarated the game completely was specialization of the classes. China, USA, and GLA gave birth to USA super weapons general, Laser, Airpower; China Tank, Nuke, and infantry; GLA Stealth, Toxin, and demolitions. This simple change created a completely new game. If you add better graphics, and mix it with the battle map conquer the world/universe like rise of nations it would pwn. This is what Dawn of war is starting to attempt and its really fun conquering territories at your own will. Add specialization and it would increase the playability ten fold.

I was just talking with a friend about that.. you know how starcraft considered different colors as different colonies.. I figured they should have each colony specialize in something different.. they could have like a terran colony of escaped convicts that have weapons upgraded from stolen parts or something (advanced infantry)

I guess they dont wanna copy off zero hour though.. erm

InnerRise
So what's the big deal about Starcraft and what is it exactly?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by InnerRise

considered the greatest and most balanced game under blizzards belt... starcraft is so good, it wont even matter if starcraft 2 sucks.. people will let it slide

its an Arcade / RTS... meaning that while strategy is involved.. the game is meant to be played fast... (i.e. games are expected to be won / lost in 3 to 5 minutes.. if that)

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I was just talking with a friend about that.. you know how starcraft considered different colors as different colonies.. I figured they should have each colony specialize in something different.. they could have like a terran colony of escaped convicts that have weapons upgraded from stolen parts or something (advanced infantry)

I guess they dont wanna copy off zero hour though.. erm

hehehe stolen parts was the power of GLA to smile

Ya, it would help if they figured out a way

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by InnerRise

I really don't know personally. it was fun; but i played enough other RTS's when i finally sat down and played it that it wasn't the greatest imo

I mean there were basically two cliches of people at taht time; those who palyed Total Annihilation and those who palyed Star Craft. TA had the built in ability to create your own units and was made for either rush warfare or duke it out heavy defenses and high technology. Starcraft was made to end it quick; the resources were very limited and the defenses where jokes.

InnerRise
Sounds kind of like OASIS.

Fire
I don't know why I like SC that much. Probably because it has a fast pace to it. Although when I play the PC (I almost never play anything online anymore) my games last longer than 5 minutes (There's no fun without the big guns!). Part of it probably also has to do with child hood memories, it was one of my first PC games (like AoE which I still enjoy although there are far better games on the market atm). Don't know how I got it tho.

Darth Extecute
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
I really don't know personally. it was fun; but i played enough other RTS's when i finally sat down and played it that it wasn't the greatest imo

I mean there were basically two cliches of people at taht time; those who palyed Total Annihilation and those who palyed Star Craft. TA had the built in ability to create your own units and was made for either rush warfare or duke it out heavy defenses and high technology. Starcraft was made to end it quick; the resources were very limited and the defenses where jokes.

Simplicity is attractive..

Burning thought
both TA and SupCom are a little...hmm, is all i can say, they have good ideas but dont supplement them as well as they could easily of been if i am making sense big grin i mean they could of added far better selection of units for Tech 3 in supcom, theres 2 units...2....also in TA and Supcom, the sides are too similiar

RaventheOnly
The idea about TA is that they are two forces taht have been at war for four thousand years constantly with no break. their forces are like a plague on existance and both sides are about just as powerful, just as advanced. Supreme Commander seems to be the struggle jsut within the first couple years of the conflict breaking out in contrast so i cannot speak for its balance. my take is that Sup Comm is mroe based on the idea of Earth 2150.

Smasandian
Supreme Commander was too big and kinda of dull. Every faction played exactly the same. Every unit was the same in each army. The difference was that they looked different and had a different colour.

Starcraft factions were completely different, and defenses werent a joke in SC. A good player can easily defend their base.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.