champion w/power gem vs gamora&karate kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
who takes it?

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
who takes it?

which kk

elder should win, written properly

lordboo
Originally posted by guy222
which kk

elder should win, written properly
dc kk

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
dc kk

thanks smile

champion should win...power gem augments his class 100+ even more

llagrok
Non gem should take it.

Gem killes 'em.

celestialdemon
With the Power Gem, Champion would win. I believe it's been established that the wielder of the Power Gem can't be beaten physically.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by celestialdemon
With the Power Gem, Champion would win. I believe it's been established that the wielder of the Power Gem can't be beaten physically. Except by Thanos, Gamora, Thor, Maxam, Warlock, etc, right?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Except by Thanos, Gamora, Thor, Maxam, Warlock, etc, right?

When? I don't recall a Power Gem user ever being physically beaten down and overpowered before.

Jebus reborn
When? I don't recall a Power Gem user ever being physically beaten down and overpowered before. Thor beat the shit out of Drax with it.
Gamora kicked the Power Gem out of Drax, hurting him.
Maxam basically stalemated/beat Drax the first time they met.
Thanos embaressed Champ.
I think Drax had the gem, although I'm not sure, when Warlock beat his ass.

celestialdemon
Thor beat the shit out of Drax with it.

Thor was hurting Drax, but Drax was far from beaten. It wasn't until Thor knocked the Power Gem out of Drax that he was able to physically defeat him.

Gamora kicked the Power Gem out of Drax, hurting him.

True, but it wasn't a fight, and Drax didn't go down. It was just a way to get the gem out of him.

Maxam basically stalemated/beat Drax the first time they met.

He beat Drax via BFR, not with strength.

Thanos embaressed Champ.

He embarrassed him by having Champ destroy the planet they were on and leaving him there. He didn't knock Champion out.

I think Drax had the gem, although I'm not sure, when Warlock beat his ass.

The only time I remember Warlock beating Drax was when they were in the Soul World together. Is there another time?

Jebus reborn
Thor was hurting Drax, but Drax was far from beaten. It wasn't until Thor knocked the Power Gem out of Drax that he was able to physically defeat him. Thor had him down earlier for like four or five pages, and that was after Drax cheapshotted him.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4350/thor46910tu4.th.jpg

Four pages later...
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/1594/thor46914eo7.th.jpg

True, but it wasn't a fight, and Drax didn't go down. It was just a way to get the gem out of him. Still, with the Power Gem, as it's so hyped out to be, Drax shouldn't feel that.

He beat Drax via BFR, not with strength. He was matching him, and threw him away.

He also matched him when they had an armwrestle, but an untimely annoyance, ended it with Maxam being distracted.

He embarrassed him by having Champ destroy the planet they were on and leaving him there. He didn't knock Champion out. Hurt him, etc.
Meh, I was mostly thinking of a claim a while back.

Anyway, Thanos did match blows with Thor with it.

The only time I remember Warlock beating Drax was when they were in the Soul World together. Is there another time? F*ck it, I lost the comic.

Anyway, I'm thinking of the fight where Warlock had him in a choke.

celestialdemon
Thor had him down earlier for like four or five pages, and that was after Drax cheapshotted him.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4350/thor46910tu4.th.jpg

Four pages later...
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/1594/thor46914eo7.th.jpg

I'll concede with this one, although it doesn't make sense that Thor was able to knock him out in one shot when they have battled to a stalemate before. Moondragon even told Thor during the Infinity Crusade that he couldn't beat Drax as long as he had the Power Gem, and they were allies at the time.

Still, with the Power Gem, as it's so hyped out to be, Drax shouldn't feel that.

Not necessarily. Every wielder of the Power Gem has felt pain. Even when Thanos fought with just the Power Gem in the Infinity Gauntlet. I don't think it increases durability.

He was matching him, and threw him away.

He also matched him when they had an armwrestle, but an untimely annoyance, ended it with Maxam being distracted.

True but the battle was short lived and ending it with a BFR doesn't mean he was stronger.

Hurt him, etc.
Meh, I was mostly thinking of a claim a while back.

Anyway, Thanos did match blows with Thor with it.

Yes, he did, but he didn't defeat Thor with brawn.

F*ck it, I lost the comic.

Anyway, I'm thinking of the fight where Warlock had him in a choke.

You mean this?

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr8.jpg

It was in the Soul World before Drax had the Power Gem. SS was with them.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/vsdestr11.jpg

Jebus reborn
I'll concede with this one, although it doesn't make sense that Thor was able to knock him out in one shot when they have battled to a stalemate before. Moondragon even told Thor during the Infinity Crusade that he couldn't beat Drax as long as he had the Power Gem, and they were allies at the time. Moondragon said this?
Which makes it a fact, or even something to think about, how?

Either way, a Power Gem weilder was beaten physically before.

Not necessarily. Every wielder of the Power Gem has felt pain. Even when Thanos fought with just the Power Gem in the Infinity Gauntlet. I don't think it increases durability. Thanos during the IG saga, had some bad, BAD, pis involved.

Also, it's supposed to make the weilder almost indestructable, and if it doesn't give duriblity, then Champ should have been KO'ed in about one shot against Thanos.

True but the battle was short lived and ending it with a BFR doesn't mean he was stronger.

Yes, he did, but he didn't defeat Thor with brawn.
He/they matched something that was supposedly be able to give the weilder unlimited might...

You mean this?

It was in the Soul World before Drax had the Power Gem. SS was with them.
No... I don't think anyway...
Is this the same one where Warlock chokes Drax with his staff?

celestialdemon
Moondragon said this?
Which makes it a fact, or even something to think about, how?

Either way, a Power Gem weilder was beaten physically before.

Because she was an ally of Thor and didn't want him wasting his time on a battle he wasn't going to win.

So, why isn't the battle with Thor PIS? Again, a Power Gem wielder has never been physically beaten before, yet Thor knocks Drax out with one shot despite them fighting to a stalemate before.

Also, it's supposed to make the weilder almost indestructable, and if it doesn't give duriblity, then Champ should have been KO'ed in about one shot against Thanos.

Why? Champion is an Elder. They aren't easily defeated, even by the likes of Thanos.

He/they matched something that was supposedly be able to give the weilder unlimited might...

Drax could only tap into the gem subconsciously. He didn't know how to properly wield it. He doesn't know how to instantly tap into it's infinite power.

No... I don't think anyway...
Is this the same one where Warlock chokes Drax with his staff?

No. Warlock uses his staff in the fight, but not to choke Drax out with it. I'm not aware of a battle like that. If you can find scans, I'd like to see them.

Jebus reborn
Because she was an ally of Thor and didn't want him wasting his time on a battle he wasn't going to win.

So, why isn't the battle with Thor PIS? Again, a Power Gem wielder has never been physically beaten before, yet Thor knocks Drax out with one shot despite them fighting to a stalemate before. So, making her an ally, allows her to tap into his power, and figure out exactly how powerful he is, as apposed to Drax?

A Power Gem weilder has never really faced anyone of significance either... besides the Thor/Thanos fight.

Why? Champion is an Elder. They aren't easily defeated, even by the likes of Thanos. Champ basically got one-shotted by Surfer...
Got his ribs broken by Thing (Thanos took Thing's best shot, and then one-punched him), got beat up by She-Hulk, got one-punched by Drax with the Gem, and really, Drax isn't stronger than Thanos.

Drax could only tap into the gem subconsciously. He didn't know how to properly wield it. He doesn't know how to instantly tap into it's infinite power. Even tapping into supposed unlimited power...

No. Warlock uses his staff in the fight, but not to choke Drax out with it. I'm not aware of a battle like that. If you can find scans, I'd like to see them. I saw it on the forums many times, just don't know what issue it is, and where the scans are posted...
Not entirely sure that Drax had the Gem though...

celestialdemon
So, making her an ally, allows her to tap into his power, and figure out exactly how powerful he is, as apposed to Drax?

A Power Gem weilder has never really faced anyone of significance either... besides the Thor/Thanos fight.

No. Just means that Moondragon is looking out for Thor's best interest instead of trying to hype Drax up.

Champ basically got one-shotted by Surfer...
Got his ribs broken by Thing (Thanos took Thing's best shot, and then one-punched him), got beat up by She-Hulk, got one-punched by Drax with the Gem, and really, Drax isn't stronger than Thanos.

The only time I've seen Surfer beat Champion was by using his power cosmic. Champion beat Thing down but refused to kill him. As for getting beat up by She-Hulk, well, she's She-Hulk. She also beat the hell out of the Thanos clone (who should still be very powerful).

Even tapping into supposed unlimited power...

Hulk has the ability to tap into unlimited power, but I've seen him matched before.

Jebus reborn
No. Just means that Moondragon is looking out for Thor's best interest instead of trying to hype Drax up. Which, she apparently was wrong on...

The only time I've seen Surfer beat Champion was by using his power cosmic. Champion beat Thing down but refused to kill him. As for getting beat up by She-Hulk, well, she's She-Hulk. She also beat the hell out of the Thanos clone (who should still be very powerful). Ya, and as far as I'm concerned, Thanos can hit harder than a weak beam from Surfer.
Thanos one-punched Thing... a little different than going multiple rounds with him...
Still doesn't compare to Thanos, and the clone wasn't really fighting back.

Hulk has the ability to tap into unlimited power, but I've seen him matched before. A little too much to be called unlimited...
Also, I don't think the Power Gem supplies unlimited power, which would be my point.
It is basically impossible for one being to tap into this power, outside of Jebus, or God.

And, add in the main point that all this umlimited power has been matched, and matched, and matched throughout it's entire run, it almost completely contridicts it supplying unlimited power.

Oh, and a Gem user was trapped in a block of pure force, for a couple comics...

celestialdemon
Guess we're going to have to disagree then. You don't believe the Power Gem can grant unlimited power unless used by an already supreme being. I believe that it can if used properly.

SpunkySmurph
How would Godslayer affect Champ w/ power gem?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.