Could Hulk survive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

His Airness
The heat of the sun? Could he walk and stand on the sun?

TricksterPriest
No way.

tkitna
No

Endless Mike
No, because the sun is not a solid surface so you can't stand on it. You'd sink down inside.

kevdude
ha nope stick out tongue

Ytse
Originally posted by His Airness

Since there is no surface to walk on...no. He'd fall towards the center until the pressure crushed him.

From: "Astronomy & Space Science." The New Book of Popular Science. New York: Grolier, 1996: 81.

"There's pressure at the center of the sun of more than 1 million metric tons/cm sq."

Not to mention the heat.

FearOfBlood
If Superman can, any Marvel top tier can do it better.

Skeets
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Makes perfect sense....oh......wait.

Grinning Goku

You're an idiot.

Symmetric Chaos
Could he survive a single blast of heat like the surface of the sun? Sure it might tax his HR though.

Could he survive if it was sustained? I doubt it.

carver9
I dont think that he could either.

emporerpants
hulk would die on the sun.

Creshosk
If Superman can, any Marvel top tier can do it better. Do you mean earth bound top tier or like above cosmic level?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Creshosk
Do you mean earth bound top tier or like above cosmic level?

Don't bother. roll eyes (sarcastic) Fearofblood is an idiot. He's a hulk fanboy and one of Xmeat's friends.

emporerpants
oh God, does this mean that xmeat is back?

Magee
I love the logic, If superman can do it anyone can!!

Galan007
The heat of the sun? Could he walk and stand on the sun? Hell no.

Badabing
If Superman can, any Marvel top tier can do it better. That's right! w00tdur

MightyEInherjar
If there was a place to "stand," then yes he could...at least for a little while. I'm pretty sure this thread has already been made.

My argument last time was based on the fact that:

The outer core of the earth is an approximate 4000-7000C, which Hulk would have more than likely sustained in his recent Planet Hulk feat (albeit we don't know if the temperature of that planet is similar to Earth's).

The temperature in the photosphere and the "mean surface temperature" of the sun is 6000C degrees.

This, IMO, means that Hulk could survive for at least a small time on the surface of the sun without taking lasting damage (presuming he is "standing" and not sinking into the depths of the sun)

Creshosk
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Don't bother. roll eyes (sarcastic) Fearofblood is an idiot. He's a hulk fanboy and one of Xmeat's friends. I almost hate to say this but...

Who's Xmeat?

Jebus reborn
I almost hate to say this but...

Who's Xmeat? Absolute zero.Originally posted by FearOfBlood
If Superman can, any Marvel top tier can do it better. I've never agreed with you more...

Creshosk
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Absolute zero. ...

And so we'll continue til I get a desription and or a history rather than a name...

Who's Absolute Zero?

Jebus reborn

And so we'll continue til I get a desription and or a history rather than a name...

Who's Absolute Zero? Then we'll dance 'till dawn...

Xmeat.

shksprtx
I almost hate to say this but...

Who's Xmeat?

Xmeat was (is?) a rabid Hulk fanboy noted (at least in my book) for his comical misspellings of character names (i.e. "huc" for Hulk, "juggnut" for Juggernaut, etc.)

In a "Hulk v. " thread, his typical response would be to say that "huc" would win in a curbstomp.

Creshosk
Then we'll dance 'till dawn...

Xmeat. Damnit.. no posting names of the guy that have already been posted.

Who is Xmeat/Absolute Zero?

shksprtx
Then we'll dance 'till dawn...

Xmeat.

Sorry to spoil the fun...I had to get some quick chuckles out of my system...

Creshosk
Originally posted by shksprtx
Xmeat was (is?) a rabid Hulk fanboy noted (at least in my book) for his comical misspellings of character names (i.e. "huc" for Hulk, "juggnut" for Juggernaut, etc.)

In a "Hulk v. " thread, his typical response would be to say that "huc" would win in a curbstomp. Ah thank you..

So that's what that Huc thing was about.

Jebus reborn

In a "Hulk v. " thread, his typical response would be to say that "huc" would win in a curbstomp. Him, Fearofblood, devilgoblin, and some other random idiot, that included Hulk in his name, think he can beat anyone.
Including Celestial, and Galactus...

Also, xmeat is banned now.

shksprtx

Sadly, the humor value of the debates around here has gone down some since his bannination...

EDIT: On topic, as fearsome as Hulk's durability is, I don't see how he could withstand solar surface temperatures for very long before starting to incur heavy damage. Couple that with the gravitational pull at the photosphere, and you have barbecued Huc...

Mider999
he's been more durablie then adimantium so if HE'S THAT PISSED he could do it im guessing, and he's also servived more then one nuclear blast

also he's servived nuclear blasts they are hotter then the sun about 3 times hotter if you dont believe me

go here and read the second paragraph a nuke produces 20,000 degrees worth of heat the sun only releases a third of that give or take.

http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/abombs.html

Creshosk
Originally posted by Mider999
he's been more durablie then adimantium so if HE'S THAT PISSED he could do it im guessing, and he's also servived more then one nuclear blast

also he's servived nuclear blasts they are hotter then the sun about 3 times hotter if you dont believe me

go here and read the second paragraph a nuke produces 20,000 degrees worth of heat the sun only releases a third of that give or take.

http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/abombs.html

So you think that Hulk could survive being in the sun?

Mider999
on the sun not in the sun, and no i dont think i just saying or refuring to what i read, which is that a nuke which hulk has been through is hotter then the surface of the sun, the sunitself like the center of it its MILLIONS of degree's ferenheight so it would be a big leap to say he could go into the center, but the surface why not.......even lightning is five times hotter then the surface of the sun.

Creshosk
on the sun not in the sun, and no i dont think i just saying or refuring to what i read, which is that a nuke which hulk has been through is hotter then the surface of the sun, the sunitself like the center of it its MILLIONS of degree's ferenheight so it would be a big leap to say he could go into the center, but the surface why not.......even lightning is five times hotter then the surface of the sun. How would he stay on the surface of the sun? What leverage would he use to resist the pull of gravity to its center?

Jebus reborn
he's been more durablie then adimantium so if HE'S THAT PISSED he could do it im guessing Except that, it was never tested against adamantium, and it still, the simple fact that Wolverine can cut him all to shit, makes you really seem like a fanboy, who only accepts one small time feat, compared to many, many a feat.

TricksterPriest
Bran: the other random idiot was 'Hulkrulesall'.

Mider: Explain how he survives the solar radiation, and as Creshok says, the gravity.

Mider999
why you poeple bring in gravity and crap why dont you bring in the fact that there is no air either, how can he servive the gravity, i dont know how i dont know how strong the gravity of a planet is, obviously he can escape certain planets gravity or at least try to like when he jumped out of or into earths atmosphere, the radiation.........do you forget that radiation makes hulk stronger?

TricksterPriest
Gamma radiation makes him stronger. Solar radiation on the other hand, never seen him get stronger from that. We're ignoring the air for now. But yeah, that would probably get him too. Hulk can't get any footing on the sun. He'll just sink into the center, where he'll melt into gamma green sludge. stick out tongue

Creshosk
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Gamma radiation makes him stronger. Solar radiation on the other hand, never seen him get stronger from that. We're ignoring the air for now. But yeah, that would probably get him too. Hulk can't get any footing on the sun. He'll just sink into the center, where he'll melt into gamma green sludge. stick out tongue I think he'd combust rather than melt. Sort of an incineration into nothingness sort of thing. I mean the Sun is a huge nuclear furnace after all.

shksprtx
why you poeple bring in gravity and crap why dont you bring in the fact that there is no air either, how can he servive the gravity, i dont know how i dont know how strong the gravity of a planet is, obviously he can escape certain planets gravity or at least try to like when he jumped out of or into earths atmosphere, the radiation.........do you forget that radiation makes hulk stronger?

1) Hulk has been shown on-panel to survive in airless environments, IIRC, so that's a rather moot point. If he did try to breathe, there's no telling what effect the superheated air would have on his respiratory system.

2) The gravity at the "surface" of the sun is hundreds/thousands of times that of earth gravity. Don't have my PocketRef handy, so I don't have an exact figure, but let's assume that it would be enough so that most of Hulk's strength would be taken up just trying to stand upright.

3) As pointed out above, it is only gamma radiation that makes Hulk stronger. If solar radiation had anything to do with it, simply walking around on earth during a sunny day would amp him.

Creshosk
Hmm.. that is an interesting thing...

At the sun's core is a nuclear furnace. A furnace that runs on the energy released when the fast-moving nuclei of atoms collide and "fuse" together. When a proton fuses to another proton, it turns into a neutron. In other words, it changes from a particle with a positive charge to one with no charge. As it makes the change, it emits a positron, which then quickly combines with a negatively charged electron. The positron and electron annihilate each other, releasing all of their energy in the form of gamma radiation. The gamma radiation created deep within the sun is absorbed and re-emitted by other atoms as it works its way toward the surface. By the time it leaves the sun's surface, most of it is no longer high-energy gamma rays but other forms of electromagnetic radiation.

Now would these other atoms absorb hulks gamma radiation, or would he actually get power from the gamma radiation being emitted in the core?

Mider999
wouldnt his healing factor protect him from the radiation or durability plus healing factor. and as for gravity he'd have to be PRETTY pissed to escape that, but i dont know if he could, this thread said the surface not the gravity or nothing of the sun.

Creshosk
wouldnt his healing factor protect him from the radiation or durability plus healing factor. Plus the heat, plus the crush of the gravity....

and as for gravity he'd have to be PRETTY pissed to escape that, but i dont know if he could,What would he use as leverage?

this thread said the surface not the gravity or nothing of the sun. Well its something that is factored in. The surface of the sun is not solid. It's like a great big ball of energy.

shksprtx
The surface gravity of the sun, according to Wikipedia, is 27.9 times that of Earth. Assuming the Hulk weighs in about 1200 pounds (according to Marvel Universe), his weight would be about 17 tons.

Thus, not nearly as much as I had originally estimated, but factor in an escape velocity approximately 55 times that of Earth, and even with a solid surface to launch from I don't think Hulk would get very far.

Surface temp. of the sun is approx. 5500C, so we would have to see consistent feats of Hulk surviving sustained exposures to this temperature to give him any chance. of survival.

Plus, we have to go back to the idea of a solid surface. The sun is a big ball of gas, as Cresh pointed out, so unless he had a platform on which to stand, he'd get sucked right into the core of the sun, combusting and being vaporized as he goes.

Mider999
hulk can lift over 100 tons if he put enough muscle into his legs he could probably do it, why not.

Again this tread was could he walk on the sun not escape it.......the answer is yes he could servive for a time and depending on his durabitliy level would be another factor, and his strengh level he probably could get away.

Creshosk
The surface gravity of the sun, according to Wikipedia, is 27.9 times that of Earth. Assuming the Hulk weighs in about 1200 pounds (according to Marvel Universe), his weight would be about 17 tons.

Thus, not nearly as much as I had originally estimated, but factor in an escape velocity approximately 55 times that of Earth, and even with a solid surface to launch from I don't think Hulk would get very far.

Surface temp. of the sun is approx. 5500C, so we would have to see consistent feats of Hulk surviving sustained exposures to this temperature to give him any chance. of survival.

Plus, we have to go back to the idea of a solid surface. The sun is a big ball of gas, as Cresh pointed out, so unless he had a platform on which to stand, he'd get sucked right into the core of the sun, combusting and being vaporized as he goes. Then the platform would have to resist the sun as well. Then there's be Hulk resisting the platform... Ah that's a whole nother mess.

Creshosk
hulk can lift over 100 tons if he put enough muscle into his legs he could probably do it, why not. Against what?

Again this tread was could he walk on the sun not escape it.......the answer is yes he could servive for a time and depending on his durabitliy level would be another factor, and his strengh level he probably could get away. Using what? The sun isn't a solid. HAs hulk gained an ability to walk on Light, heat, radiation or some other electromagnetic energy that the sun puts out?

shksprtx
hulk can lift over 100 tons if he put enough muscle into his legs he could probably do it, why not.

Again this tread was could he walk on the sun not escape it.......the answer is yes he could servive for a time and depending on his durabitliy level would be another factor, and his strengh level he probably could get away.

See, now you're trying to twist the intent of the thread around to prove your point.

Yes, the original post does ask if he could stand or walk on the sun, but what we're doing is trying to show that that would be an improbability if not an impossibility.

I've no doubt that Hulk could survive the surface of the sun for an unspecified amount of time (largely dependent on the situation and the writer, I would imagine), but walking and standing are a different story altogether.

Symmetric Chaos
Hmm.. that is an interesting thing...

At the sun's core is a nuclear furnace. A furnace that runs on the energy released when the fast-moving nuclei of atoms collide and "fuse" together. When a proton fuses to another proton, it turns into a neutron. In other words, it changes from a particle with a positive charge to one with no charge. As it makes the change, it emits a positron, which then quickly combines with a negatively charged electron. The positron and electron annihilate each other, releasing all of their energy in the form of gamma radiation. The gamma radiation created deep within the sun is absorbed and re-emitted by other atoms as it works its way toward the surface. By the time it leaves the sun's surface, most of it is no longer high-energy gamma rays but other forms of electromagnetic radiation.

Now would these other atoms absorb hulks gamma radiation, or would he actually get power from the gamma radiation being emitted in the core?

Clever. Most comics would probably ignore the science to maintain the poetry though.

He wouldn't be getting a huge benefit until he was deep within the sun anyway. Basicly this would make him into the new Maestro and he'd still be screwed and unable to escape. In theory he might (very might) remain sufficiently intact for some of him to remain until the star burned out. However at that point wouldn't the star start fusing the molecules that are part of him?

Mider999
is this some kinda spite thread then. Why put him in a situation he cant escape in.

Priest
Can Wolverine Survive the core of the sun?herbermm

Estacado
What a retard!!!!!!!
laughing laughing laughing laughing

don't shiv
Hulk quickly discorporates

Mider999
he doesnt die in the surface of the sun not till after a time anyway, and esca stop being a little hater just cause someone doesnt agree with you dont give you the right to tell them off!

Ytse
and his strengh level he probably could get away.

Even if he had a solid surface to leap from he will be jumping up into the corona. The corona is over 1,000,000 degrees celsius and extends for millions of miles into space. He'd burn up.

His Airness
Thor has stood in the core of the Sun. yes

janus77
definitely could survive for a long time.
given that he'd just get stronger and more durable as time passed, as the constant pain and strain of the situation would simply trigger the "madder/stronger" thing.

could he survive in the core, probably. would he have any way of getting out? nope - without something to leap from/grab onto etc...

SpunkySmurph
Thor has stood in the core of the Sun. yes The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

His Airness
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

? sad

UniOmni
Do i think he could survive a sundip, ala the way Surfer flew himself and Drax through the center of a sun??

Hell yeah.

Do i think he could live in the sun, as the thread suggests? Nope.

But a short dip? Most likely.

FearOfBlood
Thor did, Silver Surfer did, Firelord and Drax did it; hulk would survive even easier.

FearOfBlood
Thor has stood in the core of the Sun. yes

correct

TricksterPriest
Thor did, Silver Surfer did, Firelord and Drax did it; hulk would survive even easier.

Let's see: magic hammer, herald, herald, ungodly durable. Yep, Hulk's screwed. stick out tongue

Ytse
If hulk was struggling to hold up a mountain (which is very impressive, no doubt) how is he going to resist the pressure at the center of the sun without being squeezed into green pulp?

His Airness
bump

strengthkills
u guys are really ignorant on hulks feats huh how bout him recently goin an holdin a planet together without losin any mass or human torch flaming as intesly an hot as he could(nova) and walkin away unscathed and if thor could do it for even a second then hulk could take a nap in the core of the sun call me a fanboy if u guys want for future reference all that tells me is ur an idiot who lacks debating skillswinkiss

strengthkills
Originally posted by Ytse
If hulk was struggling to hold up a mountain (which is very impressive, no doubt) how is he going to resist the pressure at the center of the sun without being squeezed into green pulp? that was merged hulk ....and What the f**k?

Gorbag
Hulk dies finally thanks to the enormous heat... no way he walks on the sun

Accel
I believe he could take the heat for at least a little while.

The Missing Link was stated to be able to generate as much heat as a small star. He tried to melt Hulk to no avail.

bobbi
Just my opinion but I would think Hulk could survive the surface of the sun. As was said, it's only around 5,500 degrees. He's survived nuclear type blasts before (of course thanks to his healing factor and it's for short duration). Most nukes are around 3-7000 C in their periphery although the exact center is in the millions. So I would think hulk would at least have a good shot at surviving the surface.

As for the walking debate. Of course its a gas so he can't walk on the surface but technically noone can walk on the surface who isn't like made of gas so whats the point of even bringing it up so much? superman can't even "walk" on the sun. he'd be flying on the sun while wiggling his legs around :P.

Ymir
If hulk was struggling to hold up a mountain (which is very impressive, no doubt) how is he going to resist the pressure at the center of the sun without being squeezed into green pulp?

With the idiocy of writers, of course. This is the guy who has shattered a planet with one punch. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ptr_Grifin

Actually Hulk never lifted the mountain, he only braced some of it.

Tyranno-Chris
His healing factor and the heat of the sun. It would kill and heal him at the same time. If his healing factor could keep up with the sun... He has a chance.

Brutacus
First of all ofcourse he can't stand on the sun, but iff he for some strange reason could, don't think the gravity would be a constant problem, with his ability to adapt to hostile environment. So the question is could he stand the heat.
Iff he's pissed enough yeah I think he could.

And people need to lay of the mountain thing, sure he braced it, still it was like 150 billion tons (or something).
He should be able to lift it aswell iff he was pissed enough, last time I checked they still don't know his limit.

braz
Him, Fearofblood, devilgoblin, and some other random idiot, that included Hulk in his name, think he can beat anyone.
Including Celestial, and Galactus...

Lol, wow roll eyes (sarcastic)

He did make a good Venom respect thread though, I'll give him that. smile

jasonk3

No

BUSTER1
the hulk can withstand the heat of the sun, b'cos the Hulk's the best and he can't die

Rewmac
The heat of the sun? Could he walk and stand on the sun? Nope big nope. He would melt before it...

Rewmac
Originally posted by BUSTER1
the hulk can withstand the heat of the sun, b'cos the Hulk's the best and he can't die crylaugh

Badabing
the hulk can withstand the heat of the sun, b'cos the Hulk's the best and he can't die I'm guessing you can support your claim... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tork

Nope.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm guessing you can support your claim... roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes I suppose he can, he is a Hulk fanboy or worse. He saw the animted series big grin laughing big grin

Symmetric Chaos
the hulk can withstand the heat of the sun, b'cos the Hulk's the best and he can't die

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w233/caturdayskwerl/brilliant.jpg

Badabing
Originally posted by Rewmac
Yes I suppose he can, he is a Hulk fanboy or worse. He saw the animted series big grin laughing big grin Hulk was unstoppable in the TAS. The whole MU wouldn't stop him. laughing out loud

Evil_Ash
Uh, what Hulk animated series are you talking about?

Rewmac
Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk was unstoppable in the TAS. The whole MU wouldn't stop him. laughing out loud Only Iron Man with Hulkbuster...And Doc Samson and Ghost Rider big grin big grin big grin

DevilGoblin
If Thor can, why not the hulk? retard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.