My Summer Home

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xEsaulx
Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about
And she's got everything that I have to live without

Drew talks to me, I laugh cause it's so damn funny
That I can't even see anyone when he's with me
He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly,
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
She'd better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky cause

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star

So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down and maybe
Get some sleep tonight

The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
He's the time taken up, but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into..

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see.

I finished singing along with my CD of Taylor Swift as I cleaned my room. To me, I don't think I'm that great at singing. To others, well I wouldn't know what they would think. I only sing in the privacy of my bedroom or maybe even in the shower at times. I couldn't compare to my favorite country singers. Taylor Swift knows what she's doing and I guess I don't. Simple as that. All of the country singers I like and admire have two things in common; one of them is something I share. The thing that I don't share is their beauty.

Am I beautiful? That is something I tend to ask myself on occasion. I would love to be able to have Jessica Andrews' angelic, flawless face that looks so innocent and carefree. LeAnn Rimes has the most wonderful eyes green eyes in the world. Carrie Underwood, don't get me started on her. I would die to be able to dress as well as s he does, or maybe to have her smile. A perfect figure can go a long way, which is something that Julie Roberts has that I don't. I don't have to worry about it as much s others do. I think mine is fine the way it is, but I wish it was better. The color and the way Taylor Swift's hair curls is something I can only imagine having. I always laught at the thought of how I would look if I actually had each specific trait I liked about these five women.

Honestly, I only wish I could look like that. I am happy with the way I look...at times. I have a face, I think, that is close to meeting the standards of "flawless". Tiny freckles are visible on my face, which my mama always says makes me look cute and adorable. LeAnn's eyes are only a fantasy compared to my brown eyes which look through the glasses that I'm supposed to wear when I read. I'm not really into fashion as some people are, so me not being able to dress like Carrie Underwood isn't so much of a big loss to me. I usually wear simple clothing, jeans and a blouse underneath my jean jacket. I wear cowgirl boots too; I have about three or four pairs. My fgure is not something that I worry about at all; I think I'm in reasonable physical condition. My long dirty blond hair never curls; it always stays straight which I get frustrated over.

More later xD

d-fly_girl008
I hope so. You know I love your writing.

xEsaulx
Awww thanks! *tackles and hugs* :P

iluvhp1_7
Kool kool...looks like a another amazing story!

d-fly_girl008
More soon?

xEsaulx
I'm trying, honestly. I have work now and final exams. sad

d-fly_girl008
Aw, it's okay. Take your time. big grin

xEsaulx
I lost my manuscript and I haven't been on lately

xEsaulx
((So I found the manuscript which was originally only two pages long and I skipped over breakfast entirely and went straight to the chores but I added so much detail. And I have NINE pages now and counting. I feel HIGHLY confident in this story and I will post FREQUENTLY))

"Emily, wash up for breakfast, an' make sure your older brothers are up an' ready for the chores. Pa's already started. "

That's my mama who so happens to be the most terrific person in the world. She does everything imaginable, to cooking all the way to cleaning and has enough time to help with the day's chores and manage to relax with the family at the end of the day. I wonder how she does it at times. I suppose it is the best if she keeps her trick hidden from the rest of the family. Maybe someday I will be able to learn it.

Before leaving the bedroom, I grab my white cowgirl hat, placing it on top of my head. I never go anywhere without it. Over the years I managed to start a collection of the hats, it is sort of like my trademark. On me, right now, I am wearing my favorite hat that means the most to me. I got it from Ma and Pa last summer when I first rode a horse on my own. The only person I can be compared to really is Terri Clark, and that is because she has worn the same type of hat I wear all the time on each of her albums, at least three that I am sure of.

The other thing I share in common with the five, plus Terri, is my love for country. I live and breathe it like the rest of my family. You see, we live on a large ranch in Minnesota. From what Pa says, his family's been living here for many generations and I hope that my brothers and me will continue to uphold the tradition. I could not think of living anywhere else but here. The ranch is a part of me, no one could possibly imagine what it would do to me if something ever happened to it. It's my life, it is the only thing I know, just like my Pa. My mama used to be a city girl before she met him and since then she has never stepped foot into one of those places. To say the truth, I'm frighten by the thought of going to a city. I prefer the nice quiet outdoors free from pollution and also because of the horses.

In between my room and Tim's happens to be the bathroom. From time to time, I am rushed, which I don't mind at all. It happens to be part of our daily routine, something I would never dream of changing. Tim's the first-born child in the family. Luckily, he's the easiest to wake. I stood in front of the door, it stood slightly ajar. I peek in to see if I could see Tim. I see him sitting at his desk, writing something. Probably to his gal, who he loves dearly, anyone can see that. I knock; he didn't answer. I open the door slowly, walking into the room.

"Ma wants us to get ready for breakfast. After we are to start shores," I say, waiting still for him to answer. I roll my eyes and mutter whatever going back toward the door.

When I start to step out of his room, I felt someone grab my waist and lift me up into the air, swinging me around. I scream in surprise when Tim snuck up on me like that. "Mornin' sunshine."

"Finishin' that letter to Samantha?" I ask when he let me down. He didn't answer as he follows me out of the room. We walks across the hall where Chad, the middle child's room was.

As we open the door, I mutter something to myself as we see him still sleeping. I haven't figured out how he could be still sleeping at this hour. Everyday I am up at five in the morning preparing for school and helping out with the chores before heading out. Chad did that too, only when school was around. Me, I'm never able to sleep in like that. I'm so used to being up early.

"Chad," says Tim trying to wake him up. He gestures to me, I understood what he meant.

I left the room, making sure to tread lightly on the floor. I remember to take my boots off as I descend the stairs as silently as possible. Around the corner, I see Ma in the kitchen cooking relentlessly. The target happens to be only a few feet away from where she kept busy with the pancakes. I tiptoe on the kitchen floor hoping to make it unnoticed. My hand reaches out when I hear Pa cry out for Ma. Lucky for me that she went the other way out of the kitchen, so she didn't have to look back at me. I quickly open the freezer door and pull out a small handful of ice cubes.

Racing back up, I didn't worry about being quiet. I pass my boots as I reenter Chad's bedroom. My hands grew numb from holding the ice cubes in my hand. I look at Tim, who started to grow impatient.

"Took you forever. Ain't you able to go faster than that?"

"Sorry, Ma was cooking. Pa called her so I-"

"Just give 'em here," he orders. I gave him the ice cubes.

He then tells me to remove the covers, which I did so obediently. Tim then places each of them on his neck. Chad almost jumps out of his bed yelling! I fought hard to contain my giggles. That didn't work so well. I flee from the room, knowing by now what will happen if I stay.

"Not that again!" hollers Ma from downstairs. She never approves of our methods to wake up Chad. We've been trying to come up with more and more creative ways of waking him up, ever since the start of summer at least.

We, me and Tim, race down stairs before Chad can get to us. When we go into the kitchen, Ma threw us two a look of disgust, but I can see a small trace of a smile from her. Once Chad comes down we help her set up the table for breakfast. Pa comes in and goes to the sink to wash his hands before sitting down with us. I smiles at the thought of us all eating together like we always do day in and day out. I know some other families take it for granite, but we don't. So I know how hard it'll be when my big brother leaves to go to college. That's if he still wants to go...

"So," Pa says breaking the comfortable silence. "Did you two come with any new ways of wakin' poor Chad up yet?"

Ma gives him a disapproving look, he smiles innocently. I take a bite of my blueberry pancakes. I enjoy and savor the delicious flavor of it, flowing throughout my mouth. I wait to see who will be the one to explain what happened to Chad. So far it didn't look like my big brother would say anything, so it has to be me.

"Not exactly, we used ice cubes again," I say sheepishly.

"Ah, well next time I'm sure you'll get him," he says giving me a wink.

"Now Pa, do you think you are settin' a good example for them?" she asks him.

"Ma, what harm will it bring 'em if they have a little fun."

I look left and right to both Ma and Pa to see what they have to say. As I look at both of them I realize how much traits each of us have from them. The color of my hair comes from my Ma as well as my figure. The color of my eyes obviously comes from my Pa. He always has that special way of cheering us up with his warm chocolate eyes. Both Chad and Tim have Pa's height as well as his build. It helps a lot when they work on the ranch. But while I have Pa's eye color they have Ma's, a sort of dull green. Their hair isn't brown either, but blond like Ma's. All of our traits are spread around like that. There are some things that each of us have in our grandparents as well. Like my spontaneous behavior I get from my mimi, Ma's mama.

Chad clears his throat, letting everyone know he wants to change the subject. He always has to be the victim of our pranks. "So, Pa, what is there left to do?"

"Well, I took care of the cattle already. The garden can use some tendin' to. I'm sure Ma will want to do that. Tim and Chad can help me make the new fencing that Torpedo knocked down last week. Emily do you mind feedin' the horses an' tendin' to them. Just make sure you stay clear of Torpedo for the meantime. I'll feed him later. an' make sure Bess has food too. She's growin' old ain't she?"

"Sure thing, Pa," I say to him. Taking care of the horses is simply the best thing for me to do. I love being with them. And I get to ride them afterward to stretch their legs out and so they can get exercise.

"Pa, don't you need to get lumber for the fencin'?" Chad asks him.

"Oh, Paul's comin' over any time now to drop it off. He had extra from fixin' up his shed."

"How long will it take, do you think?" Tim inquires, taking his turn to speak.

"Well if we get started right away after we are done here, we should be finished at nine."

Normally there is more to do, but we kinda finished everything that had to be done yesterday. Normally there are other things we have to do, make sure the fruits and vegetables are growing properly and free from weeds. Depending on what time of the month it is it can take us all day working on chores, or just a couple of hours, like today. No one slacks at all, and we each help each other when we are done. There isn't really anything else we do here at the ranch.

"What's the big rush, Tim?" I tease, laughing at him. I figure he wants to make sure he can get down to the post office to deliver the letter in time.

He continues to eat in silence. I smirk with satisfaction. I know I beat him again. There wasn't really anything they, Tim and Chad have against me, whereas I have several things against them. Being the youngest has its advantages, I can act innocent easily. Well maybe age has nothing to do with it. Maybe it's the fact that I'm the only gal in the house so they don't think I am capable of anything mischievous. All I can say is shame on them.

d-fly_girl008
Wonderful!!

xEsaulx
FINALLY! First person to comment on my HARD work wink *hugs* Thanks so much!

d-fly_girl008
I only tell the truth. big grin

xEsaulx
Another portion will be up later. I was just waiting to see if anyone else would comment xD

xEsaulx
"I need someone to help me with the dishes after before y'all get started with the chores. Any takers?"

Of course as expected no one is really eager in helping with dishes. But each of us in turn volunteer. We each like to pitch in to get things done as I mentioned. We really do act like a family, doing everything together, even the simplest thing like chores. I smile again at that thought of all of us offering to help Ma. She too smiles at the help she receives.

So the solution is simple. She assigns each of us a certain task in the kitchen to help out. Me, I empty the wash bin and fill it with fresh water. Sure, we do have a sink, but it isn't big enough for us to put the dishes in. Tim and Chad clear off the table while Pa tales the rag and wipe it down. By the time I get in the three men were sitting at the table talking. I struggle slightly with the wash bin. They sorta forget how much trouble I have with it. I can't exactly carry it fully in by myself. It's hard to get that last step. Both of my brothers jump to aid me. Such great people, right?

"Thanks," I give them a weak smile. I hate having them to help me with that. They constantly have to watch out for me to make sure I don't go and hurt myself. The only thing I can really do by myself is take care of the horses. But even with that Pa still comes in once in a while to make sure I'm still breathing.

"I'll call y'all in for lemonade in a bit, okay?" Ma says leaving the house to start the garden work.

We disperse from the kitchen. Us three climb the stairs to our respective rooms. I get my gloves I keep in my closet as well as my lasso I use for catching the horses if they got loose. Pa is the one who taught me how to make them, but I never really get how to get them to stay that way. Tim made the one I have right now, and it's been in good peak condition since. Before heading back down stairs I slip my boots back on and adjusted my special hat.

Tim and Chad are already gone as well as Pa. I make my way to the barn where we kept the horses. Bess, our aging dog, walks past me, probably going to eat her own breakfast. As I open the barn I am welcomed with a very familiar feeling. The feeling of being at peace, being at ease with the critters that I learn to love. The horses neigh, as if they were greeting me. I grind at them all. The loudest of them happens to be good ole Torpedo, the same horse that knocked down the fence that Pa and the guys are fixing up.

Torpedo, the most rambunctious one of them all, a mustang at that, attracts me more and more to him each day. There was something about him that makes me like him. I will, like to more than ever ride him, but Pa clearly forbids it until he is able to calm him down. He saved him a few weeks ago, he got his hoof stuck real good somehow and Pa freed him and brought him back to make sure he was well fed. He thought that the poor critter was starving. He seemed, he said, to be rather ill and he nursed him back to health. Pa's real good about that with horses. That is another trick I hope to learn someday.

My attention turns to my horse, Dreamer, a white stallion, who brays at my arrival. I walk up to him and stroke his nose gently. He likes that. I don't know how I know that, I guess I just do. Maybe its because he likes to be a suck up to me so he can get a sugar cube out of it. Or maybe he just enjoys the attention. It's really something I don't try to figure out.

Well really all I have to do is clean each of their stalls and make sure each of them are fed, groomed, and watered. On most days when I do this, it takes about an hour to an hour and a half. When I get started with my job I usually start singing to the horses. They're my first audience ever, I haven't received a single complain from them, well maybe besides from Torpedo, but he don't count in the matter. He's just a stubborn horse who will soon grow accustomed to living with us.

"Suki says we're all downtown
So what's my problem I don't wanna socialize
Why don't they leave me alone
Bad boys, jealous girls
Been there, done that
I just wanna fantasize
A-ahh-ahh, a-hhh, ahh ahh
Starin' at the ceilin' thinkin' about you
A-ahh-ahh, a-hhh, ahh ahh
It's a freaky feeling what can I do"

I emphasize each a-ahh-ahhh, aahh, ahh ahh singing as crazy and wild as I can to Jessica Andrew's "I Don't Like Anyone". The good thing is, they really didn't seem to mind me singing. All that I care about is that I'm having the time of my life. As the hour finishes I manage to get through five other songs from random country artists that I enjoy listening to. I move toward Dreamer, patting him again. I've had him ever since he was a youngling. Each of us have our own horse we are to spay special attention to. The others Ma and Pa always took care of. We have eight horses in all, so that left them to take care of four extra horses, Pa obviously taking care of Torpedo.

"You're a good boy, ain't you?" I whisper to him as I saddle him.

I mount Dreamer and kick his sides in a kind manner. I hold on to his reins as he starts to trot. The rest of the morning belongs to us. No one can ruin our day. The land my family lives on is about ten acres or so. At least that was what I heard when Pa spoke to Uncle Andrew on the telephone one day. All I know or care about is the fact that it is large. I never have been able to explore all of the land we own. Dreamer seems excited when I start out by going in a different direction.

"Yessa, Dreamer, we're gonna somewhere new today. How'd you like the woods, buddy?"

The woods always make me feel at ease. My brothers and I used to play in the woods when we were younger. Pa built us a fort at its outskirts. Sometimes I still go there to be alone to think. It was like a second room to me since Tim and Chad never come here anymore. I teasingly call it my Fortress of Solitude. Today it can no longer be called that when I decided to bring Dreamer with me. I will have to make a new name for it soon.

As the two of us went along the path that leads to the fort, I start to hum tunelessly, looking at the variety of things nature created. The sky, being cloudless, proves that today was indeed a perfect day. Not a single rain cloud in sight. Even Dreamer seems to be fully relaxed today. Not a single thought of doubt enters my mind.

About halfway there, I decide to allow him to rest. I really use it as an excuse to stretch my legs. I watch him wander off a little bit, nibbling the grass. I smile. I enjoy seeing Dreamer happy and carefree. Sometimes I wonder what it feels like for him to be held captive for so long, waiting for a day like this. Maybe captive isn't the best word choice. I hope he doesn't feel like he's being held captive. I love Dreamer, I take special care of him, and I spend a lot of time with him outdoors. Does he really feel like he's a prisoner?

"Hey, Dreamer," I call out to him. He continues to eat the grass on the ground. I notice how carefree he is. I hate to ruin his mood. I don't know what would happen if I lost him. He's really more than a pet to me. He's really my best friend.

It's hard to have friends on a ranch in a small area. I don't even know how close our nearest neighbor is. School really is the only time for me to have interaction with people. But since it's summer I don't have the luxury of that anymore. None of my friends have ever really expressed much interest in going to a ranch at all. It doesn't seem to entertain them as much as it does for me.

I find a tree that has sort of a curve to it, walking over I lean against it, using it as a seat of some sort. From there I watch him continuing to roam a little bit. When he gets to far I whistle to call him back. He never gets too far away from me. He is very loyal as well as dependable. I sigh with content and I close my eyes, breathing in the fresh air that reminds me of where I love to be.

I feel a nudge against my leg. My eyes open to see Dreamer there in front of me. I smile wide, showing him my white teeth. I didn't fall asleep, I sort of just rest myself as I wait for him to leave. I am in no rush to get back home. I feel the need for him to take his time. So at last with him ready to go, I mount on top of him once more, continuing down the path.

As we continue on, I stroke his mane of white hair, encouraging him of how good of a job he is doing. Also I start to ramble on about nothing with him. The pleasant thing about him is that no matter what I will say, he will be there to listen to me. I love that about him.

"So, I don't know what life will be like in the future for us. Do you?" I pause to listen for an answer. I knew I wouldn't get one, but I still like to try and see if I will get a reply from him. "No, I didn't think so. I don't either. Life is like...a bowl of cherries. Yeah that's it. Nah, maybe it isn't. Life is like a bowl of Chex Mix. Hmmm yessa, that is definitely it. I mean there is always the chance that you will get somethin' you don't like from it an' you just have to deal with what you are dealt. Am I right? You may get a peanut or maybe even a pretzel, but life is life no matter what happens. Just live your life to the best of your ability an' you will be fine. Yeah, I like that."

Soon the sun starts to get in my eyes, making it bothersome. I left my sunglasses at home, and we were already too far along to head back. So to fix that problem I tilt my hat a little to try to block the rays from my eyes. I even attempt to put some of my long hair in front of my eyes, even if it means obscuring my vision. I don't hate the sun or anything, I just find it hard to go along with the sun constantly in your eyes. And the direction we are taken, the sun won't disappear anytime soon.

xEsaulx
The next break we take is when my stomach starts to growl. I pull back on the reins to tell Dreamer to stop. I climb off of him and allow him to once again roam. I knew I need to find something to eat to satisfy my hunger. I regret not bringing a lunch, but honestly I did not know I would come out this far with him today. I guess it is the part of me that is spontaneous. What can I say? I need to remember to thank mimi for that one.

As I walk, I slowly start to remember the area I am in. A memory came into mind, one that occurred when I was younger. Me and my brothers were heading out to the fort and we found a patch of blackberries. We were famished at the time so we decided to pick as many as we could. I only hope that it is still there. I try to remember where we found that patch of berries. But it has been years since we picked them.

Dreamer comes with me as I start my hunt. I make sure that I don't stray too far away from the path, in case I get lost. With him coming with me, I realize how much of an advantage it is. Him being a horse he looks for food constantly to satisfy his hunger. Well horses don't eat all the time. I guess I am wrong about that. But he does eat a lot for himself compared to other horses. Yeah I think that's it. So anyway, with him along with me, I am sure in no time we can find those berries.

I love it when I'm right. After ten minutes Dreamer did find those berries. It just took a while to get him away from them long enough to get some for myself. I laugh as soon as I step away from the patch. He goes right after them berries and starts eating them. He loves eating sweet food as much as he loves eating grass. The blackberries are a treat to him, a desert if you will. So I finish eating the berries that I picked and decide that it is best for us to continue even more. Sure, the berries helped with my hunger, but it probably wasn't enough to satisfy my hunger.

"Dreamer, Dreamer, Dreamer," I say a little above a whisper. "What are we gonna to do when we get there? We've come this far we surely cannot just go there an' head back. My oh my, we probably will just do what we're doin' right now. What do you think about that? Yeah, I thought you'd like that. Yessa Dreamer, I think that is a fine idea. Unless you gots something else in mind," I wait for his response. I stroke his mane once more and took the silence as a yes. "Hmmm, Dreamer you are really one bright horse."

So we finally make it to the fort I dubbed The Fortress of Solitude, and I get off of Dreamer once more. I guide him over to it and tie the end of the lasso around the reign, and where the noose is around a tree so he can't go too far away. It really has been a while since I've been here. The fort looks the same as ever. the plywood Pa used is now covered with greenery grown by Mother Nature herself. I knew I could make it to the edge of the forest sooner or later.

Leaving Dreamer alone I open the door that leads into our home away from home. I have to admit it isn't that bad on the inside as it looks on the out with the foliage covering it. The couch is still there in one piece I have to admit. I throw myself on it, putting my feet on the arms on one side of it. I rest my head on the other and put my hat over my eyes. Time to relax for a bit before actually heading all the way back. If I took the time to come out here I might as well enjoy it.

My mind slowly drifts away as I dream about life here a couple years back when I was younger. I remember it well like it was yesterday as some people might say. Me along with Chad and Tim ventured out here one day to go exploring. Well not really exploring, but more or less pretending to go exploring. Pa never allowed us to go into the woods itself in fear of the wild animals. Even now he felt uneasy about me going to the fort alone. He really hasn't forbidden me to go, but he didn't really give me permission either.

I hear him neighing, calling me to him. I know it wasn't anything important or else he would be frantically neighing and kicking about. Nah, this is something more gentler, I think it is him trying to speak to him. I go outside and I see him standing there staring right at me. I didn't break eye contact with him for the slightest second. And he did not either. I smile again like I usually do around him. He blinks. I blink. Our bond grew stronger together somehow, someway. I do not know how, but it sort of just did. There is many things between me and Dreamer that I don't really understand. He's a mystery, as are all things in life. I guess I just have to continue picking out them Chex Mix, trying to find the perfect one that will satisfy me until I get the thirst, erm hunger for more.

danielle marie.
This is actually really good. She definetly has a unique take on life.

xEsaulx
THANKS! big grin

TheSims14
really gud, is there any romance in this book?
jus wondering, so will there b?

xEsaulx
I've been thinking about adding some yes.

danielle marie.
How exciting. :]

xEsaulx
CHAPTER TWO

"Pa, Tim, Chad, Emily," cries Ma from the porch. "Lunch is ready. Come in an' help yourself."

Me and Dreamer barely arrive back when she calls for us. Four hours up and about is enough to have me hungry. Plus those blackberries weren't that much of a help anyway. So I bring Dreamer back to his stall as quick as I possibly can so I can get something in my stomach more satisfying for my stomach. Torpedo is there, of course, and he's neighing furiously, and he's also kicking about. I really wonder how much longer it is going to take for him to calm down and grow to like us. Maybe he will never do so, he is a mustang after all. It is hard to tame a mustang, so I have been told by Pa himself. And I believe Pa. I always have. There is no reason in the world why he would lie like that.

"Emily, you comin'?" I hear Ma again as I leave the barn and close the door. I shout to her in response that I am coming.

At the table already are Tim, Chad, and Pa with beat red faces. I can tell easily that they have been working hard on that fence. But really, how hard can it be to do such a thing? I seat myself down next to Tim like I always do, and I help myself to a sandwich from the plate in the middle of the table. I begin to eat it, and I start to observe my family. Ma is sitting there, taking only a single sandwich as I do. The men each take two wolfing them down. Ma gets up from the table and heads over to the cabinet. She takes out five glasses and then goes to the fridge to get the pitcher of lemonade out. She pours the glasses and starts to hand them out. I get up from the table to assist her. We each gave the men their drinks first, then we gave ourselves our own.

"The fencin' comin' along?" I ask as I take a sip from the nice cold lemonade. It is just what I need to keep my hydrated. The heat doesn't get so bad in Minnesota. It just depends on what you do and how much of it you do.

"Oh," starts Chad, "It's comin' along fine. We finished ages ago. We just had a little trouble with Torpedo."

"Oh?"

"Hmmm," Pa responds, "Kinda got jealous when you let Dreamer out. He doesn't seem too fond of me not lettin' him out."

I nod with understanding. Ma continues to drink her lemonade without saying anything. Tim mimics the same thing. Well not so really mimics. Our meals usually consist of little talk, depending on how the day goes. We really don't use our meals as a type of social gathering. So really what time do we really spend as a family? That's the thing I start to notice a few weeks ago. I keep on planning to bring it up, but I fail to each time. I didn't want to do that. Everyone seems so happy the way things are. It will be horrible to disrupt that.

"So, tell me, Emily, what did you an' Dreamer do?" Pa asks me.

"Oh a little bit of this an' a little bit of that. I talked to him an' I swear he talked right back to me. It was like we are connected some how. It is really neat. I really think he can understand me an' I can understand him."

"That's nice dear," Ma says to me. It is as if she did not believe me about it.

"So, Tim," I say, changing the subject. "When are you gonna to the post office to drop off that letter to Sammy?"

"It's Samantha," he corrects me in a dignified way. "an' why do you want to know?"

"Curiosity killed the cat?" I ask rhetorically. "I just wanted to tag along that's all. Kinda wanted to go into town for a bit."

"Ma, do you have a problem with that?" he questions her.

"Not if Pa doesn't, do you dear?"

"Nope. As long as he stays by your side the whole time."

"But Pa-" I start to whine in despair. I felt that wasn't fair at all. I mean I am a big girl, am I not? Why does he have to control me like that?

"No buts. It is the only way you are allowed to go."

Whenever Pa says something it is always final. You are never allowed to argue with him. What he says is a fact as well as law. Pa is never wrong when it comes to what he has to say about his own family. He knows what is best for us. Questioning Pa always brought trouble. I know better to keep my tongue to myself. I never really plan on going against his wishes. And I certainly know better than to sneak behind his back. Going to town with Tim meant going to the post office and that is it. No going around and seeing the different shops or talking to some of my friends I might wind up seeing. It is kind of disappointing how that our trip will only consist of that.

"Fine, okay Pa," I say without continuing on. I love him dearly, but really he can get on my nerves. Not much of a nerve anyway. For the most part we get along fine. There are some things though we are in dispute about. Just sort of mutually not right out in the open like some people might do. We don't agree on a few things that is it. Like the fact that I am not allowed to go on my own in town, or I am not allowed to go to the fort alone though it was never exactly said.

"Glad we see eye to eye. Dinner is going to be at what time, Ma?"

"I should have it done at about four."

"Good, good. Be back at three then. You two can go, unless Chad, you would like to go with them?"

"I think I'm gonna take a little nap. I might be able to get some sleep without havin' my two sibling's 'round. So I'm gonna say my piece now an' take care of my plate an' head on upstairs. Any objections?"

"If you sleep long enough for Emily an' me to come with another way to wake you up, then it is fine with me."

"Ma-" Chad starts to do his own style of whining.

"Now enough is enough," she says with a slight hint of anger, but no amusement attached at all. "Emily you are fifteen...almost sixteen. Chad you are as good as eighteen already, an' Tim you are what, twenty? I expect each of you to act your age. Tim an' Emily the first few times it is amusin' to wake Chad up the way you do. An' Chad do you really need to whine like that?"

"Now Ma-" Pa cuts in, as he tries to calm her down.

"But nothin'. Pa you firmly put your foot down when you feeling stron' 'bout somethin'. I should be able to do the same. I don't wanna hear any more on the matter. It ends now."

"So..." Chad says as he gets up and takes care of his dishes. "I'll see y'all in a bit okay?"

---

(This is just a little taste of the second chapter. I have a lot more typed, but I won't release anymore until the chapter is finished)

TheSims14
lol, very gud, wuts up w/torpedo tho, must have more, plz

xEsaulx
Whatcha mean? Torpedo's just a horse xD

xEsaulx
CHAPTER TWO IS DONE! I will be posting a snippet from it shortly.

TheSims14
post plz

xEsaulx
Lol I would've posted already but I was at my mom's. Give me a few minutes to sort myself

danielle marie.
Okeedokee.

TheSims14
kk but hurry b4 i lose my mind
eek! rolling on floor laughing doctor raver wacko

xEsaulx
CHAPTER TWO

"Pa, Tim, Chad, Emily," cries Ma from the porch. "Lunch is ready. Come in an' help yourself."

Me and Dreamer barely arrive back when she calls for us. Four hours up and about is enough to have me hungry. Plus those blackberries weren't that much of a help anyway. So I bring Dreamer back to his stall as quick as I possibly can so I can get something in my stomach more satisfying for my stomach. Torpedo is there, of course, and he's neighing furiously, and he's also kicking about. I really wonder how much longer it is going to take for him to calm down and grow to like us. Maybe he will never do so, he is a mustang after all. It is hard to tame a mustang, so I have been told by Pa himself. And I believe Pa. I always have. There is no reason in the world why he would lie like that.

"Emily, you comin'?" I hear Ma again as I leave the barn and close the door. I shout to her in response that I am coming.

At the table already are Tim, Chad, and Pa with beat red faces. I can tell easily that they have been working hard on that fence. But really, how hard can it be to do such a thing? I seat myself down next to Tim like I always do, and I help myself to a sandwich from the plate in the middle of the table. I begin to eat it, and I start to observe my family. Ma is sitting there, taking only a single sandwich as I do. The men each take two wolfing them down. Ma gets up from the table and heads over to the cabinet. She takes out five glasses and then goes to the fridge to get the pitcher of lemonade out. She pours the glasses and starts to hand them out. I get up from the table to assist her. We each gave the men their drinks first, then we gave ourselves our own.

"The fencin' comin' along?" I ask as I take a sip from the nice cold lemonade. It is just what I need to keep my hydrated. The heat doesn't get so bad in Minnesota. It just depends on what you do and how much of it you do.

"Oh," starts Chad, "It's comin' along fine. We finished ages ago. We just had a little trouble with Torpedo."

"Oh?"

"Hmmm," Pa responds, "Kinda got jealous when you let Dreamer out. He doesn't seem too fond of me not lettin' him out."

I nod with understanding. Ma continues to drink her lemonade without saying anything. Tim mimics the same thing. Well not so really mimics. Our meals usually consist of little talk, depending on how the day goes. We really don't use our meals as a type of social gathering. So really what time do we really spend as a family? That's the thing I start to notice a few weeks ago. I keep on planning to bring it up, but I fail to each time. I didn't want to do that. Everyone seems so happy the way things are. It will be horrible to disrupt that.

"So, tell me, Emily, what did you an' Dreamer do?" Pa asks me.

"Oh a little bit of this an' a little bit of that. I talked to him an' I swear he talked right back to me. It was like we are connected some how. It is really neat. I really think he can understand me an' I can understand him."

"That's nice dear," Ma says to me. It is as if she did not believe me about it.

"So, Tim," I say, changing the subject. "When are you gonna to the post office to drop off that letter to Sammy?"

"It's Samantha," he corrects me in a dignified way. "an' why do you want to know?"

"Curiosity killed the cat?" I ask rhetorically. "I just wanted to tag along that's all. Kinda wanted to go into town for a bit."

"Ma, do you have a problem with that?" he questions her.

"Not if Pa doesn't, do you dear?"

"Nope. As long as he stays by your side the whole time."

"But Pa-" I start to whine in despair. I felt that ain't fair at all. I mean I am a big girl, am I not? Why does he have to control me like that?

"No buts. It is the only way you are allowed to go."

Whenever Pa says something it is always final. You are never allowed to argue with him. What he says is a fact as well as law. Pa is never wrong when it comes to what he has to say about his own family. He knows what is best for us. Questioning Pa always brought trouble. I know better to keep my tongue to myself. I never really plan on going against his wishes. And I certainly know better than to sneak behind his back. Going to town with Tim meant going to the post office and that is it. No going around and seeing the different shops or talking to some of my friends I might wind up seeing. It is kind of disappointing how that our trip will only consist of that.

"Fine, okay Pa," I say without continuing on. I love him dearly, but really he can get on my nerves. Not much of a nerve anyway. For the most part we get along fine. There are some things though we are in dispute about. Just sort of mutually not right out in the open like some people might do. We don't agree on a few things that is it. Like the fact that I am not allowed to go on my own in town, or I am not allowed to go to the fort alone though it was never exactly said.

"Glad we see eye to eye. Dinner is gonna be at what time, Ma?"

"I should have it done at about four."

"Good, good. Be back at three then. You two can go, unless Chad, you would like to go with them?"

"I think I'm gonna take a little nap. I might be able to get some sleep without havin' my two sibling's 'round. So I'm gonna say my piece now an' take care of my plate an' head on upstairs. Any objections?"

"If you sleep long enough for Emily an' me to come up with another way to wake you up, then it is fine with me."

"Ma-" Chad starts to do his own style of whining.

"Now enough is enough," she says with a slight hint of anger, but no amusement attached at all. "Emily you are fifteen...almost sixteen. Chad you are as good as eighteen already, an' Tim you are what, twenty? I expect each of you to act your age. Tim an' Emily the first few times it is amusin' to wake Chad up the way you do. An' Chad do you really need to whine like that?"

"Now Ma-" Pa cuts in, as he tries to calm her down.

"But nothin'. Pa you firmly put your foot down when you feeling stron' 'bout somethin'. I should be able to do the same. I don't wanna hear any more on the matter. It ends now."

"So..." Chad says as he gets up and takes care of his dishes. "I'll see y'all in a bit okay?"

The rest of the meal is eaten in silence. I stare uncomfortably at both Ma and Pa. It is uncommon for them to have blow outs like that. It really isn't that big of a deal to them, but to me it is. It never crosses my mind that one day Ma and Pa could end up getting a divorce. I don't think it is possible for them to. They are in love with each other, that is that. Nothing...and I mean nothing...can break that at all. They are like two magnets with opposite poles being attracted to each other. They are opposite at all, far from it, it's the fact that they are attracted.

So with the lunch incident behind us, me and Tim head out to the post office. The drive there is about half an hour, giving us plenty of time to either chit-chat or listen to the radio. Which one it is going to be, I cannot rightly say. Tim and I have our differences but most of the time we get along.

I climb into the passenger seat of his old Chevrolet as soon as I wash up and get my hat. Tim is already there waiting for me. He starts the ignition, listening to the engine of his '82 truck. I never understand how he finds it so interesting to listen to. I find it to be an old piece of junk, but if I said that to him he would be mighty upset.

Pulling out of the dirt driveway, I look out of the rearview mirror back at the house. So full of memories, it dawns on me how much the house means to us. It's a two story house, faint with white paint. Pa's been saying for a while now how he's been meaning to put on a fresh coat. I kind of like it the way it is. It really doesn't need any paint at all. The way it looks now reminds us how old the house really is. The immediate land surrounding the house is almost flat, and the grass is neatly trimmed. Just beyond the back end of the house I can see the barn where the horses are kept. And just a little ways to the left is the fence where they go to be outside, the one the men worked on earlier today while I took care of the horses.

Turning around I see the end of the driveway, and the end of our land. A single tree as old, or even older as our house gave us so much imagination when we were younglings ourselves. We played many games there, using it for different things. That tree will always be there, I just somehow know that. Nothing will happen to it, I am sure.

"You are mighty quiet," comments Tim, I look at him and just grin.

"Just thinkin'," I reply back to him slyly.

"You're always thinkin'."

"More than you do," I playfully say to him. Of course I didn't really mean it.

TheSims14
ok really gud
imma still mad...c i am a romance type person
i like romance..so get into gear there, alrite?

xEsaulx
Romance isn't coming quite yet. I haven't even gotten to the reason why it is called My Summer Home yet either. stick out tongue

TheSims14
lol alrite

TheSims14
psot already

xEsaulx
I'm waiting for Danielle big grin

TheSims14
oh
is she ur buddy, tht u write with? embarrasment

xEsaulx
Nah. She's my twin and my best friend here. I am waiting for her to comment big grin

TheSims14
kwl

TheSims14
post plz

xEsaulx
I just got done explaining how I'm waiting for Danielle erm

danielle marie.
SORRY SORRY SORRY. My fault. I've been busy, and just now had time to read this.

Anyway, it's pretty good. I definetly love the description of the house.

xEsaulx
*hugs* Don't be sorry silly. I don't mind waiting for you at all.

Thank you. I will add more tomorrow. I got to get ready for work now.

danielle marie.
You shouldn't have to wait though.

Okeedokee.

xEsaulx
I don't mind waiting. really!

xEsaulx
As promised more:

I now divert my eyes back to where the present is, rather than looking back to the past. Live in the present not in the past or future, that helps a lot. Really it does. I don't hold many regrets in my life. I do the things I do because I know what I am getting into. I think twice before doing things. Sometimes three if I feel the needs to. I don't have any long term wishes to look forward to. Maybe only owning the ranch someday, or maybe even ride Torpedo. With each country song I listen to I mark that as a new day. What I mean by that is I choose one song randomly from any artist I or my family owns. I listen to it and listen to it, and I focus on that one song for the day. I listen to the words, I listen to the music. I key in to everything. I decipher what the artist is trying to say. I let the melody move me. I let it live through me for a single day until another song comes, which shows that the day is done and a new one has come. It's a weird thing I do. I don't know what got me started to do it. I guess it's out of habit.

Many songs have different interpretations. It all depends on the angle you look at it. If you view everything as one side of a coin, you ain't going anywhere. But if you keep a two sided coin in your pocket, then you know there is more than one side to things. Take for instance someone hunting a wolf. One side of the coin will tell you that it is wrong. They are animals that lived here before we have. Shooting animals is wrong and it should not be done. But another side of the coin could be the hunter is going after the wolf to protect his land. Now that leads to another two sided coin. Why does the farmer care so much about his land? So heads says the crops he grows is for his family. It is the only way they can eat. Another side, tails, says the land is part of his family for generations and he feels the need to uphold the tradition, like I do with the ranch. It all depends on how you look at things I suppose.

"Ma an' Pa must feel real proud to know they have a thinker in the family," Tim says, I couldn't tell if it is sarcasm or if it is sincerity.

The dirt road is always something I look forward to. I can't explain what makes me like it so much. I guess it reminds me of what I do at home. I hate tar roads, it shows too much modernity. The few things I can stand about the modern world is at its limits. My short list is basically the fridge, stove, lights, heat, radio, and CDs. We don't own a television. We never have, and according to Pa, we never will. It rots the mind from what he says. Entertainment, he really laughs at that. He enjoys working on the ranch all day. He doesn't mind music at all really. Just the visual sort of entertainment. That's Pa for you.

"Emily, somethin' wrong?" Tim asks, I don't say much at all.

"A thinkin' mind can't be bothered Tim," I stick my tongue out at him, but he keeps his eyes on the road. "Fine. Does the radio work?"

"You should know by now Emily."

Another good reason why I hate his '82. The radio hardly brings in any radio stations, let alone country. Knowing what I will get, I turn up the radio anyway and start going through the stations. I stop on one of them, I could faintly here a country song. I try turning up the radio, I can hear it a little more.

"...I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your prayers
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there to the end
Do you feel the love that we shared
Oh I'm already there..."

Me and Tim sing along to that small portion, I catch myself just in time though before he can make a comment about it. Luckily the radio station fades out and the singing stops. Tim shrugs his shoulders and continues to drive. I look out the window, resting my head against it. That, I admit, is what they say a close shave.

Lonestar, a remarkable group. All I can say about that. The song that we sang to is a touching one I think. I'm Already There, one of those coin-like songs. People may have different interpretations for that one too. Someone may play it because they miss someone who is somewhere else, on the road for example. Or they may have it played because they miss someone who left this world. It may have different meanings to different people.

"I didn't know you could sing," Tim says breaking the long silence between us.

Just as I fear. I feel my face grow red steadily, but I don't look at myself in the mirror. I can feel it creeping faster and faster. Tim doesn't notice because Tim is that good drive who always keeps his eyes on the road no matter what. I try to find a way to change the subject, I continue to look out the window, we are in the outskirts of town, now on the paved road I hate.

I see someone who I recognize. I tell Tim to stop the truck quickly to say hello to our closest neighbor. Sally Barber waves when he stops the truck. I get out and run to her, hugging her tightly. We don't see each other often anymore, sadly. I always call her Aunt Sally B. I remember going over to her house when we were younglings. She would make us lemonade and cookies every other Wednesday. We would play with her son too, John. He's my age, or maybe even a little older. I can't remember. Uncle Ken made us a tire swing to play on outside. Those were the days.

"I didn't know you kids would be in town!" she cries with excitement. Tim comes out too, embracing Aunt Sally B. like I did. She kisses his cheek and tells him how much he's grown since the last time she saw him.

"And you ain't changin' at all Sally," Tim remarks.

"Why thank you. I see Ma an' Pa still drill you kids to have good manners. Now where's the other one, Chad?"

"Oh he's sleepin'," I say to her, not trying hard at all to conceal my amusement.

"An' he ain't changin' at all I reckon," she says right back laughing. "John's somewhere in town if you two want to catch up with him. I have a bit of shoppin' to do before headin' back home. Y'all should stop in some time for some lemonade an' cookies. Tell your Ma and Pa I say hello. Take care now."

We climb into the truck again, Tim drives away slowly at first to let me look out the mirror at her. No, she did not change the slightest. Her bright yellow dress is something only she would wear. Not that is a bad thing. I like everything about Sally Barber. Her red hair flies with the wind, I continue to watch she grows smaller and smaller.

"Do you think we can find John?" I ask Tim hopefully. I made sure to add a little whine to my voice, it usually makes him give in.

"Now you heard what Pa had to say," he says back, but I could tell he is thinking of letting me go.

"Does he have to know?"

Success! I can see him struggling. I can see him wanting to let me go find John. He knows how close we are, or were. Any second now he is going to give in. And I am right. He slows the truck down, bringing it to a stop. He tells me to get out and meet him at the post office in thirty minutes, if I find John or not. I kiss his cheek and tell him he is the best. I jump out full of glee, and I wave bye to him as he disappears to go a little bit further up the road.

I always think that the living on a ranch would mean that the nearest town would be like a western type. I always picture it to be like that. Whenever coming to the town, or rather, village, I am always disappointed. I wish to see the dirt road I love, to see older buildings, not the modern ones they have. Again modernity. At least the village is small.

Few cars pass me as I walk on the edge of the road, trying to figure out where to look for John. Aunt Sally B. forgot to tell me where to look for him. I didn't have a watch, so I estimate in my head how much time remains. Then it hits me. The convenient store is the best place to look for him. I am not that far from it either. I start to run, but realize how hard it is. Cowgirl boots are not meant to be used for running. It isn't like I own regular shoes. I love my boots.

I figure that ten minutes go by and I see the store. I hurry into the building and start to look for him. I weave in and out of the different shelves until I see him. I throw my arms around him. I expect him to say something to me, like to let go of him, to call me some sort of freak. But he doesn't. He must recognize me. And I am right.

"Emily, good to see you!" he gives me his world famous smile.

I take a second to look at him. While Aunt Sally B. hasn't changed, he sure did. I didn't notice how much he grew in just a few years. That isn't what I see the most change in. It is his face. It lost all of its childishness. What I recognize the most is what brings me joy. His eyes didn't change at all. They are still the same hazel ones that are always fill with joy.

"Why, little Emily," he says to me.

"Little? You ain't much older than me buddy," I say punching his arm playfully.

"What are you doin' in town?"

"Tim is sendin' a letter to his gal. I saw your Ma a little bit ago. She told me you were in town."

"Leave it to her to brin' us together again. She misses havin' you three around. You sorta disappeared all of a sudden."

So John continues to grab a few things before going up to purchase them. I follow him, we talk a little catching up on some basic things. I explain to him why we stopped going to his house. Pa told us we were old enough to start helping out with the ranch, and we got so busy we didn't have the time to go on over. Yeah, it is as simple as that, nothing drastic like in Romeo and Juliet where the Montague's don't like the Capulet's and so on and so forth.

danielle marie.
Amazingly cute.

xEsaulx
Thanks! More tomorrow (since I can't be on the internet right now)

TheSims14
awsome post, wat happened to tomorrow

ESB -1138
Still waiting.

TheSims14
uhhhh huh..........wut ESB -1138 said.....

vivando-loca
nice stuff, Esaul. wink

*waits with everyone else*

TheSims14
*taps foot*
*walks away, to Harry Potter fiction*

xEsaulx
"I should be goin' now," I explain to him with regret. I didn't want to leave of course, but I didn't have any choice. If we, me and Tim, wanted to make it look like we just went to the post office and nothing else, we need to get home at a decent time. Lingering will do nothing for us.

"So soon?"

"Yeah, Tim's expectin' me. Pa needs us at the ranch in a bit."

"Well, nice seein' you. Take care little Emily," he says hugging me one more time. I beam at him before bolting, well rather, walking fast out of the store.

From where I am right now the post office is just up town a little. I figure I should be able to make it within ten minutes or so if I time everything right in my head. I estimate that ten minutes went by when I met with John. That means I only have ten minutes left to meet up with him. I try to hurry my pace, but obviously that isn't going to work too well with my footwear. I hope I get there in time.

The sky being so clear made it a spectacular day. The rays from the sun beam down everywhere, leaving hardly any place with shade. It is hot! Well not as hot as it can be, but it is still hot. As I walk I take off my hat (something I don't do often in public) and I fan myself, trying to keep cool. It is so odd for me to actually take off my hat. But what can you do if you are hot? Us whatever you can at the moment.

I see the post office in sight. I also see Tim sitting on the railing. I cannot tell if he is annoyed or rather pleased with himself. Or maybe it is mixed feelings. You never know with Tim. Well maybe you do, I'm kind of exaggerating a bit. You can read him like an open book. He doesn't try hard to hide his emotions to tell you the truth.

I stop so I am right below my oldest brother. I look up at him, at first his face is blank, full of nothing. Then the next second he has the widest grin on his face. I am confused by what is making him so happy. I get here on time, nothing to be excited about. He delivers his letter, still nothing to be excited about.

"Don't tell me, Christmas is cancelled this year," I say, climbing up the side of the post office, holding on to the railing. I struggle, luckily Tim grabs a hold of my hand, pulling me up. I sit next to him.

"Oh if only that were true little sis," he tries his best to put on a disappointing face. It works partially but then he starts to smile once again.

"Then what's all this smilin' about?"

"Jeffery," (he's the mailman) "says that Samantha's gonna be in town next week."

"Wow!" I exclaim, it isn't often she comes to town. "How did he find that out?"

"Oh he spoke to her father, an' he says to him that she's gonna come down for a visit. Her aunt or somethin' is real sick, an' she's gonna stay with her. Not the best of times for her to come down here, but I still get to see her."

"Tim," I start, I didn't know how to break it to him. He is more happy about her coming than being sad about why she is coming. A sick aunt needing to have someone stay with her and he doesn't feel sorry for Sammy about why she is coming. "I think you are happy right now for the wrong reason."

"Huh?" he asks, his happy face dies down a little. "Whatcha talkin' about?"

"Well if Sammy, erm, Samantha, is comin' to help a sick aunt, don't you think you should feel more compassionate rather than excited?"

"We should probably head back, Pa wants us at three. It is pretty darn close to two. If we get started now we should be able to get home a little before three."

"Alright," I say, I know better not to pursue a topic that Tim decides to drop.

Tim hops down from the ledge, I mimic him landing on my feet. He walks to the truck, I follow in silence, unsure of what to talk about. With us on the road again, I realize how uncomfortable it is to ride in silence. Or at least in this type of silence. In my opinion there is two different types of silences. One is the silence that is meant to be enjoyed, where you can be left to think about things, or just to relax a bit. The other one is the uncomfortable one. That's the one where neither talk after ending a topic, or maybe something else. That did describe what is happening between us. The only way to break that silence is to resolve the issue that started the uncomfortable silence. Or so I think anyway.

"So, did you find John?"

"Yeah," I say with joy. "He was at the store."

"How is he?"

"He seems alright. ain't too happy about us disappearin' like that."

"An' how was the trip to the post office?" I continue to break the uncomfortable silence by trying to keep us talking.

"Letter is being sent tomorrow. Jeffery asked about you. He wanted to know about you and Dreamer."

Jeffery is nice like that. He likes to make sure how people are doing. It kind of brings a sense of friendliness to the mix. You can't expect to have a town full of people who keep to themself and not check in on one another.

"Try an' get that radio to work." he orders me. So I try. And I try again. The radio just doesn't want to work upon demand. It just wants to work whenever it wants to work. All I get is static, so he orders me to turn it off.

The rest of the ride back to the ranch is done in silence. I look out the window like I did before, the only difference is I find no amusement in doing it now. What else could I possibly do? Tim clearly doesn't want to talk and the radio doesn't want to work for us. The only option left for us is to ride in silence and for me to look out that window of his, watching everything go by.

Speaking to Tim has its advantages. I can actually get something out of him, advice if I need it. But there is also disadvantages. I say things to Tim that he can never understand. It is different when I talk to Dreamer. I may not get advice from him, but I know, I just know, he will always listen to me. That makes Dreamer better than anyone I know. He will never ignore me. He will always be there for me. Sometimes, and only sometimes, I wish it is just me and him. Dreamer hates being in the barn all the time, and I hate having him in there instead of giving him the chance to roam around like he should be able to. I can understand why Torpedo is stuck in there, but why Dreamer?

xEsaulx

xEsaulx

Jedireaper
cool

hp_luvr_16
awesome post

danielle marie.
You never cease to amaze me...
;]

xEsaulx
I guess i have to scrap this story since it has no plot

ESB -1138
Dang saratn. You write some of the best stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.