Ares (Marvel) vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Ares (Marvel) vs Wolverine

The fight takes place in the Savage lands.

Who wins?

Wonder Man
Hulk is the only one with skin that Wolvie can't penetrate and only because Wolves isn't strong enough to do so.
I give it to Wolvie if he can recover fast enough from being knocked out.
If his healing factor isn't overworked when they fight he'd win.

tkitna
Here's another example of a battle that wolverine should loose but probably wouldnt due to his popularity. Ares is a beast.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by tkitna
Here's another example of a battle that wolverine should loose but probably wouldnt due to his popularity. Ares is a beast.

totally right.

srankmissingnin
Ares is a melee combatant with out a range option who lacks the durability to turn Wolverine's claws, a healing factor capable of compensating for the damage he receives from said claws, or a significant enough speed advantage to avoid them consistantly. Wolverine wins the majority.

snoopdogg
Ares wins. He's a God who knows how to fight.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Howlett>Ares(Marvel) 10/10 Wolverine

guy222

Howlett wins

D-Block
Ares

capt it up
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Hulk is the only one with skin that Wolvie can't penetrate and only because Wolves isn't strong enough to do so.
I give it to Wolvie if he can recover fast enough from being knocked out.
If his healing factor isn't overworked when they fight he'd win.
.......it was reconned......Logan can and has cut hulk many many times.....

Redatom65
spite no expression

capt it up
not really.....actaully it not a spite at all.

Ytse

If I were writing Wolverine there is no way he'd win. Wikipedia says that it would require extreme force to end Ares. And Marvel Directory says, "Only an injury of such magnitude that it incinerates him or disperses a major portion of his bodily molecules could cause him physical death."

How is Wolverine going to manage that? Especially when this class-70 god of war is fighting back?

His Airness
spite

capt it up
Originally posted by Ytse
If I were writing Wolverine there is no way he'd win. Wikipedia says that it would require extreme force to end Ares. And Marvel Directory says, "Only an injury of such magnitude that it incinerates him or disperses a major portion of his bodily molecules could cause him physical death."

How is Wolverine going to manage that? Especially when this class-70 god of war is fighting back?
wait you need to kill your oponet in order to win now? KO is effecient.

also Wolverine stabb ares in the heart and ares is going down.

also both your sources are unofficial and absolute crap

Also wolverines harder to kill for good then ares.....logan can actaully just keep comming back.

also ares is stronger then 70 tons.

LordKaos

cheers

Estacado
ZOMG!!!!!!
Wolverine has clawzzzz and he is a ninja!!!
He must win!!!!!

His Airness
Spite. Wolverine 10/10

Ytse
Originally posted by capt it up
wait you need to kill your oponet in order to win now? KO is effecient.

Wolverine is going to KO the god of war before he KO's Wolverine? Is Ares asleep or something?

Ares snaps Wolverine's neck, he's going down. Are we playing the state-the-obvious game? stick out tongue

What makes them crap specifically?

Isn't Ares immortal? And as far as this thread is concerned neither Logan or Ares is going to destroy the other completely.

capt it up
Originally posted by Estacado
ZOMG!!!!!!
Wolverine has clawzzzz and he is a ninja!!!
He must win!!!!!
tsk tsk you mean sameria.

yes he a ninja, but he known as a sameria.

plus sameria have cool swords and have the power of sameria something or other.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Ares is a melee combatant with out a range option who lacks the durability to turn Wolverine's claws, a healing factor capable of compensating for the damage he receives from said claws, or a significant enough speed advantage to avoid them consistantly. Wolverine wins the majority.

Nuff' Said

LordKaos
you heard it here first folks adamantium wounds gods beyond their ability to heal and even disperses them molecularly. Ares is the god of war what form of combat does Wolverine know that he hasn't mastered or have the potential to master?

capt it up
Wolverine is going to KO the god of war before he KO's Wolverine? Is Ares asleep or something?
yes becuase logan would need ares to be a sleep in order to KO ares....

I am sorry, but stabbs could and would KO ares and potentially due worse....

Ares snaps Wolverine's neck, he's going down. Are we playing the state-the-obvious game? stick out tongue ?
hows he gunna due that when wolveriens vertabra are connected an made out of adamtium.....

not to mention not a single heavy hitter has achieved this......and what logan gunan just sitt there and let this happen.....

What makes them crap specifically??

Lets see

maybe it ebcuase there not official

or maybe it due to the fact there always wrong

or maybe it due to the fact they conterdict official evidence.....such as you saying ares is 70 ton's when he not......

Isn't Ares immortal? And as far as this thread is concerned neither Logan or Ares is going to destroy the other completely.
He immortal in the sense he does not die........of old age.......

capt it up
Originally posted by LordKaos
you heard it here first folks adamantium wounds gods beyond their ability to heal and even disperses them molecularly. Ares is the god of war what form of combat does Wolverine know that he hasn't mastered or have the potential to master?
yet ares can't even out fight herc in skill......nor are ares fighting skills ever shown to be that impressive

also Logan skills>>>>>>>Ares

King KAM
Nuff' Said i have to disagree amigo...

I think that with melee weapons, Ares will land the first hit, he is a killing machine...one of few who a think can hit howlett first, Ares stabs up Wolverine ftw...

srankmissingnin
Ares was dropped by hand gun fire from a couple of Police officers... he was only done for a second but he was down none the less. Seriously in Marvel "god" is just a title, it means nothing, Ares is as much a god as Wolverine is.

King KAM
Ares was dropped by hand gun fire from a couple of Police officers... he was only done for a second but he was down none the less. Seriously in Marvel "god" is just a title, it means nothing, Ares is as much a god as Wolverine is. i dont mean the whole god thing.... i know this fight is actually alot closer than most people think i am simply stating that I feel Ares will inflict the damage first.

Ytse
hows he gunna due that when wolveriens vertabra are connected an made out of adamtium.....

How on earth could logan move his back/neck at all if his spinal column wasn't flexible?

Wasn't Spider-Man going to snap Logan's next once? And Wolverine told him he'd have to kill him to stop him...and of course Spidey is a big girl (who I love) and wouldn't kill someone like that.

I said "specifically" and the only remotely specific reason you gave me that Marvel Directory is crap is that it says Ares is in the class 70 range.

I mean immortal in the sense that he has an immaterial aspect that can be resurrected by Odin or someone if his body is killed.

LordKaos
yet ares can't even out fight herc in skill......nor are ares fighting skills ever shown to be that impressive

also Logan skills>>>>>>>Ares

so now logan is being equated to herc, whom is the favorite son of zeus and has more power then most of his siblings, with ares coming in second.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/ares.htm

Redatom65
easy Capt, your fanboy's showing....

King KAM
Originally posted by Redatom65
easy Capt, your fanboy's showing.... oooooooooh, so that's what that is..... confused

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by King KAM
i dont mean the whole god thing.... i know this fight is actually alot closer than most people think i am simply stating that I feel Ares will inflict the damage first.

He might land the first hit, speed and skill wise they are almost mirror images of each other (they even have similar fighting styles and are both prone to berserk rages) but Ares uses maces/swords so he does have the reach advantage. Wolverine is a much smaller traget though (and he hunches on top of that when he fights) so if Ares' first swing misses it would be much easier for Wolverine to get inside his guard.

Wolverine's healing factor is better suited to dealing with stab and puncture wounds then Ares', and his skeleton prevents the severing of limbs. I remember back in a Thor annual (maybe 8?) Ares was dropped by a single stab wound to the chest. Wolverine damage Ares will be a much bigger hindrance then Ares damage Wolverine especially at the starting the fight.

capt it up
How on earth could logan move his back/neck at all if his spinal column wasn't flexible?
you say this in a world were people fly, shoot beams out there eyes and so on.

Wasn't Spider-Man going to snap Logan's next once? And Wolverine told him he'd have to kill him to stop him...and of course Spidey is a big girl (who I love) and wouldn't kill someone like that.
This is true, but it would not have worked. It was proven by Ba'al who 100 classer that Logan bones are connected. It was also shown many times before through out the years.

Also a punch from hulk is far stronger then any thing spiderman could do which further proves if spiderman had tried he would have failed

also it likly Logan was lying or thought it would work, but we the reader knows it won't.

I said "specifically" and the only remotely specific reason you gave me that Marvel Directory is crap is that it says Ares is in the class 70 range..
go read the rules.

not to mention 70 tons alone proves it shitty evidences

I mean immortal in the sense that he has an immaterial aspect that can be resurrected by Odin or someone if his body is killed.
thats not his power then it some one elses and Wolverine can do the same thing with out some ones help.

also you don't mean odin lol

capt it up
Originally posted by Redatom65
easy Capt, your fanboy's showing....
please I said nothing fan boyish once in this thread.

capt it up
so now logan is being equated to herc, whom is the favorite son of zeus and has more power then most of his siblings, with ares coming in second.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/ares.htm
again with the unofficial evidence made by fans.......please does any one know what actaull evidence is lol.

King KAM
He might land the first hit, speed and skill wise they are almost mirror images of each other (they even have similar fighting styles and are both prone to berserk rages) but Ares uses maces/swords so he does have the reach advantage. Wolverine is a much smaller traget though (and he hunches on top of that when he fights) so if Ares' first swing misses it would be much easier for Wolverine to get inside his guard.

Wolverine's healing factor is better suited to dealing with stab and puncture wounds then Ares', and his skeleton prevents the severing of limbs. I remember back in a Thor annual (maybe 8?) Ares was dropped by a single stab wound to the chest. Wolverine damage Ares will be a much bigger hindrance then Ares damage Wolverine especially at the starting the fight. all that you said is definatley true...but im thinking one good mace to the skull and no-more howlett....well atleast not for a few minutes.

capt it up
ares stander weapon as of late is an axe.

Grinning Goku
Ares has a fuc.king healing factor. It's probably better than Wolverine's, too. He wins.

srankmissingnin
all that you said is definatley true...but im thinking one good mace to the skull and no-more howlett....well atleast not for a few minutes.

Wolverine has taken direct hits in stride from people stronger then Ares though; while Ares has a less the stellar record against stab ( and even bullet) wounds.

capt it up
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Ares has a fuc.king healing factor. It's probably better than Wolverine's, too. He wins.
yet he has no feats that put him on wolverines level of healing now does he?

Ytse
you say this in a world were people fly, shoot beams out there eyes and so on.

It makes no sense for Wolverine's neck muscles to be able to bend adamantium while Thor smacking it with his hammer hardly dents it.

If Wolverine, who is weaker than Spider-Man, can bend the adamantium in his neck, why couldn't Spidey?

The rules don't say I cannot reference marvel directory. And what strength level is he then?

Grinning Goku
yet he has no feats that put him on wolverines level of healing now does he?

I said 'probably,' No Punctuation Lad.

capt it up
It makes no sense for Wolverine's neck muscles to be able to bend adamantium while Thor smacking it with his hammer hardly dents it.
it a comic book it not supose to make sense. Not to mention no matter how strong some one is they can't harm adamtium.

It a fact you can't break logans neck and that his bones are all attache there really nothing else to say.

The rules don't say I cannot reference marvel directory. And what strength level is he then?
rules say to use official sources.....marvel dictionary is not an official source.

ares is around 100 ton's

LordKaos
Oh god adamantium has been broken! by S'ym so what if it was a alternate wolverine, the only difference between the two logans was that one got trapped in limbo and the other one didn't, adamantium is adamantium and a demon broke it a demon who is 70 class strength level by the way. so let the fact that the metal has never been broken, snapped, pulled apart after cooling etc... die, like wolverine will in this battle.

capt it up
Oh god adamantium has been broken! by S'ym so what if it was a alternate wolverine, the only difference between the two logans was that one got trapped in limbo and the other one didn't, adamantium is adamantium and a demon broke it a demon who is 70 class strength level by the way. so let the fact that the metal has never been broken, snapped, pulled apart after cooling etc... die, like wolverine will in this battle.
sorry alternate reality is just that an alternate reality. There not the same. In one reality Logan killed every major villian in the mavrel universe........so that must mean 616 wolverine can.

your logic flawed.

Logan of the 616 reality has never has his adamtium broken. It can't be broken due to physical force though it can be manipulated by people such as thanos.

srankmissingnin

Alternate realities. An alternate reality Wolverine cut through Capitan America's shield like butter in one slice. An alternate reality Wolverine fought Gladiator for six solar cycles. None of that has any baring on a fight that involves canon appearances though.

Ytse
it a comic book it not supose to make sense.

Then you should have no problem with me saying someone like Punisher could toss Wolverine into the sun. I mean, it doesn't make sense and it's never been shown to happen but that doesn't matter since this is a discussion about comic books where nothing is supposed to make sense.

What's the point of even citing precedence in comics if the might of thor and mjollnir can't do something that Wolverine's neck/back muscles can do?

I guess Magneto rending it from Wolverine's bones didn't happen?

I'm assuming they get their info from the comics.

Where is this demonstrated?

LordKaos
it was cannon it happened in the Magik limited series, the 616 Xmen were involved, 616 Illyana was there, Belasco is 616, since there have never been any other s'yms and limbo is a nexus of realities and he has only ever messed around in 616 he is 616 too, and he snapped off an adamantium claw and used it as a toothpick.

snoopdogg
Oh god adamantium has been broken! by S'ym so what if it was a alternate wolverine, the only difference between the two logans was that one got trapped in limbo and the other one didn't, adamantium is adamantium and a demon broke it a demon who is 70 class strength level by the way. so let the fact that the metal has never been broken, snapped, pulled apart after cooling etc... die, like wolverine will in this battle. S'ym is Class 100 with level 7 strength.Originally posted by capt it up
it a comic book it not supose to make sense. Not to mention no matter how strong some one is they can't harm adamtium.

It a fact you can't break logans neck and that his bones are all attache there really nothing else to say.

rules say to use official sources.....marvel dictionary is not an official source.

ares is around 100 ton's Ares is 70 tons according to the handbooks. Is that official enough?

srankmissingnin
Then you should have no problem with me saying someone like Punisher could toss Wolverine into the sun. I mean, it doesn't make sense and it's never been shown to happen but that doesn't matter since this is a discussion about comic books where nothing is supposed to make sense.

What's the point of even citing precedence in comics if the might of thor and mjollnir can't do something that Wolverine's neck/back muscles can do?

Wolverine's skeleton is all interconnected in a way that it can't be pulled apart. Not only has it been show intact almost every single time it has been shown on panel with out his muscles/flesh but it was directly stated during his interaction with Ba'al. How is it connected in a way that he can still move? How should I know, but in a world where the scientists invent time machines, devices that allow you to operate at a 100x times the speed of light, and unbreakable metals I assume they are ingenious enough to figure out a way.

srankmissingnin
it was cannon it happened in the Magik limited series, the 616 Xmen were involved, 616 Illyana was there, Belasco is 616, since there have never been any other s'yms and limbo is a nexus of realities and he has only ever messed around in 616 he is 616 too, and he snapped off an adamantium claw and used it as a toothpick.

The 616 X-Men were there, the other X-Men were from an alternate reality where (unlike the 616 team) they never escaped from Belasco. It was the corpse of an alternate realities Wolverine.

snoopdogg
Wolverine got served by S'ym. Twice actually.

snoopdogg
The 616 X-Men were there, the other X-Men were from an alternate reality where (unlike the 616 team) they never escaped from Belasco. It was the corpse of an alternate realities Wolverine. Well 616 Logan could not tell the difference between the real Colossus and the dead one.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well 616 Logan could not tell the difference between the real Colossus and the dead one.

I don't think its ever been implied that alternate reality incarnations of characters have different scents that allow them to be told apart.

batdude123
I don't think its ever been implied that alternate reality incarnations of characters have different scents that allow them to be told apart.

It's been implied many times, idiot.

durfist

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by batdude123
It's been implied many times, idiot.

durfist

scans?

batdude123
scans?

Joking? no expression

Grinning Goku
Ares possesses the conventional superhuman attributes of an Olympian. However, some of these powers are more advanced than those of most Olympians.

Superhuman Strength: Ares possesses superhuman strength greater than that of the vast majority of Olympians and can lift approximately 70 tons. Among the Olympians, his strength is equaled only by Pluto and Neptune and exceeded only by Hercules and Zeus.

Superhuman Speed: Ares is capable of running and moving at speeds much faster than even the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Stamina: Ares musculature produces almost no fatigue toxins during physical activity. As a result, his body possesses almost limitless physical stamina in all activities.

Superhumanly Dense Tissue: Ares' skin, muscle, and bone tissue has roughly 3 times the density of the same tissue in the body of a human. This contributes, at least somewhat, to Ares' superhuman strength and his weight.

Superhuman Durability: The tissues of Ares' body are considerably harder and more resistant to physical injury than the body of a human being. Ares is capable of withstanding great impact forces, exposure to extremes in both temperature and pressures, falls from great heights, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.

Superhuman Agility: Ares' agility, balance, and bodily cooordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Reflexes: Ares' reaction time is enhanced to a level that is beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.

Immortality: Like all Olympians, Ares is functionally immortal. He has not aged since reaching adulthood and is immune to the effects of aging. He is also immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his body's high degree of resistance to physical injury, Ares, like all Olympians, can be injured. However, he is capable of repairing damaged or destroyed tissue with superhuman levels of speed and efficiency. However, Ares is not capable of regenerating missing limbs or organs without the aid of outside magical forces.

Known Abilities: Ares is a master of a variety of hand-to-hand combat skills. Also Ares is a master of all Olympian weaponry and most human weapons ranging from clubs to firearms and explosives. Well versed in military tactics, torture, combat engineering, and a vast amount of military history particularly focusing on battles and wars that involved Greek and Roman (or Italian) soldiers and armies. Ares is one of the most talented and ruthless soldiers that has ever fought on Earth.

Ares wins.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by batdude123
Joking? no expression

Don't got any?

... thats convenient. evil face

batdude123
Don't got any?

... thats convenient. evil face

I do, I just don't want to make you look stupid. mhm

Ytse
but it was directly stated during his interaction with Ba'al.

That his skeleton was linked entirely by adamantium and not by ligaments?

My point is that it's blatantly contradictory that Wolverine can bend this indestructable metal.

Symmetric Chaos
My point is that it's blatantly contradictory that Wolverine can bend this indestructable metal.

It's magically different at the joints. Wolvie can bend it but no one else can because TOAA said so.

Happy now?

Ytse
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It's magically different at the joints. Wolvie can bend it but no one else can because TOAA said so.

Happy now?

sad

carver9
Ares possesses the conventional superhuman attributes of an Olympian. However, some of these powers are more advanced than those of most Olympians.

Superhuman Strength: Ares possesses superhuman strength greater than that of the vast majority of Olympians and can lift approximately 70 tons. Among the Olympians, his strength is equaled only by Pluto and Neptune and exceeded only by Hercules and Zeus.

Superhuman Speed: Ares is capable of running and moving at speeds much faster than even the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Stamina: Ares musculature produces almost no fatigue toxins during physical activity. As a result, his body possesses almost limitless physical stamina in all activities.

Superhumanly Dense Tissue: Ares' skin, muscle, and bone tissue has roughly 3 times the density of the same tissue in the body of a human. This contributes, at least somewhat, to Ares' superhuman strength and his weight.

Superhuman Durability: The tissues of Ares' body are considerably harder and more resistant to physical injury than the body of a human being. Ares is capable of withstanding great impact forces, exposure to extremes in both temperature and pressures, falls from great heights, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.

Superhuman Agility: Ares' agility, balance, and bodily cooordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Reflexes: Ares' reaction time is enhanced to a level that is beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.

Immortality: Like all Olympians, Ares is functionally immortal. He has not aged since reaching adulthood and is immune to the effects of aging. He is also immune to all known Earthly diseases and infections.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his body's high degree of resistance to physical injury, Ares, like all Olympians, can be injured. However, he is capable of repairing damaged or destroyed tissue with superhuman levels of speed and efficiency. However, Ares is not capable of regenerating missing limbs or organs without the aid of outside magical forces.

Ares wins.

Wolverines abilities

Powers and Abilities
Powers
Wolverine is a Beta-Level mutant.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Wolverine's primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process that enables him to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with far greater efficiency than an ordinary human. Wolverine's accelerated healing powers have been commonly referred to as his mutant healing factor. Originally, the speed at which Wolverine healed was in proportion to the wound's severity; for example, he could fully recover from multiple gunshot wounds within minutes, but it took him several weeks to fully recover from injuries sustained in a duel with Lord Shingen, including one wound from a sword that completely pierced his trunk. It should be noted that Shingen had saturated Logan's body with poison at the time which inhibited the efficiency of his healing factor. However, Wolverine's healing ability has dramatically increased in recent years. Wolverine is now capable of fully healing injuries that result in massive tissue loss or damage such as multiple gunshot wounds, slashes, punctures, and severe burns within a matter of moments. Wolverine fully regenerates his entire body after having all of his bodily tissue incinerated down to his bare skeleton. This power even amends psychological wounds inflicted as a result of traumatic experiences. However, Wolverine's healing powers force his mind to suppress the memories, sometimes resulting in amnesia.

Foreign Chemical Immunity: Wolverine's natural healing also affords him the virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs, except in massive doses. For example, it is extremely difficult for him to become intoxicated from alcohol.
Immunity To Disease: Wolverine's highly efficient immune system, which is part of his accelerated healing factor, renders him immune against all known Earthly diseases and infections.
Superhuman Stamina: Wolverine's mutant healing factor grants him high immunity against the fatigue toxins generated by his muscles during physical activity. Wolverine can sustain himself a peak capacity for several days. Wolverine has shown himself capable of fighting Omega Red for over 18 hours, despite regular exposure to Omega Red's death spores.
Superhuman Reflexes: Wolverine's bodily reaction time is accelerated to levels beyond the human body's natural limits. He has been known to dodge Cyclops' optic beams at point blank range.
Superhuman Agility: Wolverine's agility, bodily coordination, and balance are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits.
Insulated Weather Adaptation: Wolverine's body is highly resistant to certain elemental extremes, particularly cold, to the extent that he can sleep nude in subarctic conditions with no apparent injury.

Retarded Aging: In addition, Wolverine's healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process. Wolverine was born sometime in the late 19th Century. Although well over 100 years of age, Wolverine retains the appearance and physical vitality of a man in the physical prime of his life.

Superhumanly Acute Senses: Wolverine possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. He can see at far greater distances, with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity even in near total darkness. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing him to detect sounds ordinary humans can't or to hear at much greater distances. He is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if they are well hidden. He can track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an impressive degree of success. Wolverine can also use his keen sense of smell to detect lies due to chemical changes within a person's scent. These senses stem from, at least partially, his constant cellular regeneration, as are his enhanced physical capabilities.

Superhuman Strength: Wolverine's Mutant Healing Factor enables him to push his muscles beyond the natural limits of the human body without injury, granting him some degree of superhuman strength. His natural strength is augmented by the demand placed on his musculature due to the presence of over 100 pounds of Adamantium bonded to his skeleton, which also removes the natural limitations of the human skeletal structure by allowing him to lift weights that would damage a human skeleton. Wolverine has been depicted with sufficient strength to break steel chains and he supports the weight of a dozen men with one arm.
Bone Claws: Wolverine's skeleton includes six retractable one-foot-long bone claws, three in each arm, that are housed beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms. Wolverine can, at will, release these slightly curved claws through his skin beneath the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but the blood loss is quickly halted by his Healing Factor. Wolverine can unsheathe any number of his claws at once, although he must keep his wrists straight at the moment his claws pass from his forearms into his hands. When unsheathed, the claws are entirely within his hands, allowing him to bend his wrists when they are extended. The claws are made of bone, unlike the claws of normal mammals which are made of keratin. The bone claws are sharp and dense enough to slice through substances as durable as most metals, wood, and stone.

Psionic Resistance: Wolverine reveals that his mind is now highly resistant to telepathic probing and assault due to high level psionic shields implanted in his mind by Professor Charles Xavier.

Abilities
Wolverine has extraordinary hand-to-hand combat ability, and, alongside Captain America and Taskmaster, is considered one of the finest combatants on Earth. Though seemingly brutish, Wolverine is intelligent. When Forge monitored Wolverine's vitals during a Danger Room training session, he reported Logan's physical and mental state as "equivalent to an Olympic-level gymnast performing a Gold-medal-winning routine whilst simultaneously beating four chess computers in his head", which gives something of an idea of the level of sophistication and tactical processing Logan is capable of utilizing while in combat.

Special Skills: Due to his extensive training as a soldier, a C.I.A. operative, a samurai, a spy, and a member of the X-Men, Wolverine is an exceptional hand-to-hand combatant, having mastered virtually every fighting style on Earth and is also well versed in the art of espionage. Due to his experience traveling the world and working for various government agencies, Wolverine is also a trained expert in multiple types of weapons, vehicles, computer systems, explosives, and assassination techniques. With his increased lifespan and journeys across the globe, he has been able to amass an intimate knowledge of many foreign customs and cultures. Wolverine is fluent in many languages including English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Cheyenne, Lakota, and Spanish; he has some knowledge of French, German, Thai, and Vietnamese. His exploits have further endowed him with vast awareness of literature and philosophy.

Strength level
As a result of Wolverine's constant cellular regeneration and the additional weight and tensile strength of his skeleton he has some degree of superhuman strength enabling him to press somewhere in excess of 800 lbs and no more than 2 tons.

Wolverines sounds better so he wins.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by carver9
Wolverines abilities

Retarded

hmm

carver9
hmm

I was being sarcastic.

carver9
but i still think that wolverine wins.

Grinning Goku
That's because your father touches you.

carver9
That's because your father touches you.

Youre a idiot.

Grinning Goku
You're a idiot.

Fixed. eek!

carver9
Fixed. eek!

fix these nuts in your mouth.

srankmissingnin

Known Abilities: Ares is a master of a variety of hand-to-hand combat skills. Also Ares is a master of all Olympian weaponry and most human weapons ranging from clubs to firearms and explosives. Well versed in military tactics, torture, combat engineering, and a vast amount of military history particularly focusing on battles and wars that involved Greek and Roman (or Italian) soldiers and armies. Ares is one of the most talented and ruthless soldiers that has ever fought on Earth.

Ares wins.

None of which matters because...

Anyone who thinks Ares wins should hit up the Marvel Chronolgy Project, get a list of Ares appearances and hit up the back issues at their LCS... or even download them.

Grinning Goku
fix these nuts in your mouth.

Make me, *****.

carver9
Make me, *****.

I already did because you typed *****, you couldnt type the rest because you were busy holding my nuts steadily in your mouth. You can remove them now and type your next response.

srankmissingnin
How about everyone who isn't an adult, pretends to be?

srankmissingnin

It isn't a single piece of adamantium, it is a series of interconnected pieces joined in a manor that prevents seperation, so there is no "bending" required.

carver9
How about everyone who isn't an adult, pretends to be?

Sorry about that, Grinning Goku always come around with insults, just let him get the best of me and started typing them myself.

Ytse
It isn't a single piece of adamantium, it is a series of interconnected pieces joined in a manor that prevents seperation, so there is no "bending" required.

What is the material that joins the interconnected pieces which allows them to bend?

charlemagne9746
How would Wolverine fare against the Ares from Hercules...Legendary Journeys?

Faceman
KMC, a fanboys wet dream.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
How would Wolverine fare against the Ares from Hercules...Legendary Journeys?

The Kevin Sorbo tv show?

charlemagne9746
The Kevin Sorbo tv show?

lol..yeah

llagrok

Nitro

qqqqqqq
ares has no fatigue toxins during physical activites...as said by wikipedia

Kento
Doesn't this take place in the Savage Land? Doesn't that take away all of Logan's powers except his claws? So his healing factor isn't helping him out.

Though I know nothing about Ares so I can't say who'd win but if he is class 70, and Logan has no healing factor to keep him up after taking hits that he shouldn't I can't see him winning.

capt it up
Originally posted by Kento
Doesn't this take place in the Savage Land? Doesn't that take away all of Logan's powers except his claws? So his healing factor isn't helping him out.

Though I know nothing about Ares so I can't say who'd win but if he is class 70, and Logan has no healing factor to keep him up after taking hits that he shouldn't I can't see him winning.
......what........are .........you.........talking about lol

the savage land does not take Logans powers away lol.

They mess with his senses a little thats about it lol

King KAM
Wolverine has taken direct hits in stride from people stronger then Ares though; while Ares has a less the stellar record against stab ( and even bullet) wounds. hes also taken less, an axe to the head should do the trick.

capt it up
hes also taken less, an axe to the head should do the trick.
Not likly......nor is it the best place for the axe to hit wolverine.

also if he misses he elaves him self quite open to assualt.

also Logans claws seem to be more durable then ares axe.

Kento
......what........are .........you.........talking about lol

the savage land does not take Logans powers away lol.

They mess with his senses a little thats about it lol

Oops maybe I just assumed because in the cartoon the Savage Lands took away the mutants powers.

capt it up
Originally posted by Kento
Oops maybe I just assumed because in the cartoon the Savage Lands took away the mutants powers.
no biggy.

King KAM
Not likly......nor is it the best place for the axe to hit wolverine.

also if he misses he elaves him self quite open to assualt.

also Logans claws seem to be more durable then ares axe. you are correct, a swing to the stomach making his entrails spew would prove much more effective.

K3VIL
Ares wins.Outclass Logan in every sector, from strength to fighting skills and experience.He'll knock him into the next sunday just for fun.

Alfheim
Ares was dropped by hand gun fire from a couple of Police officers... he was only done for a second but he was down none the less. Seriously in Marvel "god" is just a title, it means nothing, Ares is as much a god as Wolverine is.

Er PIS? What the f**k? Wolverine got Koed by a deer.

Wolverine has taken direct hits in stride from people stronger then Ares though; while Ares has a less the stellar record against stab ( and even bullet) wounds.

and hes been KOed by US agent and Pip.

jinzin
The 616 X-Men were there, the other X-Men were from an alternate reality where (unlike the 616 team) they never escaped from Belasco. It was the corpse of an alternate realities Wolverine.

seriously. I don't see what's so hard to get there... One wolverine skeleton gets his claw noncholantly snapped off like a twig for a toothpick... the other (616) takes full on hits from Sym without getting a dent in his skull/frame.

Well 616 Logan could not tell the difference between the real Colossus and the dead one.

It doesn't matter... Even if that wolverine skeleton was in any way 616 useable... it still isn't... the first point in this post still stands which means that the skeletal Wolverine was more than a bit weakened.. probably by the magic of Belasco...

It's like how Wolverine 2021's claw broke on deathhead II's arm... cuase it was weaked by Charnel's magic... but 616 wolverine took DH's arm off on one occasion and nearly killed him on another.

LordKaos
all Belasco did was burn off his flesh, my point being S'ym is a demon and magical, Ares is a god and magical.

capt it up
your points mute by the way.

capt it up
Originally posted by K3VIL
Ares wins.Outclass Logan in every sector, from strength to fighting skills and experience.He'll knock him into the next sunday just for fun.
not even close..........lol ares being more skilled then Wolverine hahahahaa

jinzin
all Belasco did was burn off his flesh, my point being S'ym is a demon and magical, Ares is a god and magical.

Yeah and all Charnel did was fight him.. it was enough...

yeah Herc is god, that didn't stop Logan from clobbering him.. so what?

CasanoVa
Ares 8/10

His durability isn't very good at all, he could definetly easily pawn Wolvie, but I reckon Logan could pull a few his way.

capt it up
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Ares 8/10

His durability isn't very good at all, he could definetly easily pawn Wolvie, but I reckon Logan could pull a few his way.
still not seeing how.

ares really has nothing on most heavy hitters

Grinning Goku
your points mute by the way.

That's 'moot,' you idiot.

capt it up
That's 'moot,' you idiot.
I know I just don't care........and now I am an idiot? Why becuase I miss spelled moot?

Who really cares. I am sorry your constantly pwned by people, but there really no reason to call me an idiot.

snoopdogg
Capt who in your opinion can beat Wolverine for the majority? Give me a list.

Grinning Goku
I know I just don't care........and now I am an idiot? Why becuase I miss spelled moot?

Who really cares. I am sorry your constantly pwned by people, but there really no reason to call me an idiot.

I'm constantly pwned by people???? eek! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing Good God, say that again.

Symmetric Chaos

Presence
TOAA
MoM

. . .

Maybe not TOAA

srankmissingnin
http://www.77investigators.com/PT945black.gif

There is now officially a gun in this thread...

I think that means you have to leave Grinning Goku. evil face

Grinning Goku
Nah. Shoot me in the ass, if you have to. I'm not going. OH, and Ares still wins.

srankmissingnin
Nah. Shoot me in the ass, if you have to. I'm not going. OH, and Ares still wins.

Then you better change your location or I might start to think you are a lair. mad

evil face

Estacado

King KAM
still not seeing how.

ares really has nothing on most heavy hitters he has an axe though that would spill wolverines entrails.

srankmissingnin
he has an axe though that would spill wolverines entrails.

Almost everyone of Wolverine's rogues use bladed weapons.... its nothing new.

King KAM
Almost everyone of Wolverine's rogues use bladed weapons.... its nothing new. none of them were as skilled though.

carver9
none of them were as skilled though.

laughing laughing laughing

This is the funniest post i have read since i have been on kmc

srankmissingnin
none of them were as skilled though.

Lady Deathstrike, Ogun, Shingen, and Silver Samurai?

King KAM
Lady Deathstrike, Ogun, Shingen, and Silver Samurai? none of them have used a weapon as long as ares has used the axe, and none of them have killed as many as ares.

srankmissingnin
none of them have used a weapon as long as ares has used the axe, and none of them have killed as many as ares.

But they all posses a higher level or proficiency with their weapons then Ares does despite the massive experience gap.

Brutacus
Wolverine will take down Ares??????
Are you people serious???

Rewmac
Ares is f.uckin' God....And Tony even stated it that it would take 6 of his strength type men to take Ares down...He is a God...It's like putting Wolverine up against Thor...Ares easily owned Herc in his mini series...
Please guys, be serious come on now...I can understand the Namor thread but it's like nonsense...

And if someone comes with experience and battles fought I'll just gonna say the guy OWNED himself...
We are talking about a couple thousand years old greek who is the God Of War...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Rewmac
He is a God...It's like putting Wolverine up against Thor.

What the f**k?

You would ptu Ares and an equal level with Thor?

Rewmac
What the f**k?

You would ptu Ares and an equal level with Thor? Well Thor never could own Herc the way Ares did...In someways he is not at Thor level but on some part he is..(Classic Thor of course without his father's powers of course)...

Thor had more showings. Ares hadn't got that chance...

King KAM
But they all posses a higher level or proficiency with their weapons then Ares does despite the massive experience gap. actually i'd argue that.....

when has this been shown??? Ares tends to use the axe with extremeley high results.

Brutacus
Euh who was it that almost single handedly defeated an army who where send by Hades, and that army stalemated the other Olympian gods and demi-gods????

Ow right Ares.
Nuff Said

Symmetric Chaos
Well Thor never could own Herc the way Ares did...In someways he is not at Thor level but on some part he is..(Classic Thor of course without his father's powers of course)...

Thor had more showings. Ares hadn't got that chance...

Ares hits people with an axe and likes violence.
Thor has a huge amount of magical power and is a bit dim.

Showings ain't the problem with that comparasin. I don't think Ares has more than hinted at having more than physical power.

Rewmac

Showings ain't the problem with that comparasin. I don't think Ares has more than hinted at having more than physical power. He got style and a better haircut... big grin

But he fought well against magical beings...

srankmissingnin
actually i'd argue that.....

when has this been shown??? Ares tends to use the axe with extremeley high results.

These guys do the "catch flies with chop stick" type things with their swords, while Ares is extremely skilled with his axe he hasn't displayed the accuracy or control people like Ogun, Shingen or Silver Samurai have shown have displayed with their weapons.

Big Sexy

Showings ain't the problem with that comparasin. I don't think Ares has more than hinted at having more than physical power. And "sexy Ultron likes him better" wink

Symmetric Chaos
He got style and a better haircut... big grin

Style. Sure.

Hair cut. mhm Fabio is teh pwnxor.

srankmissingnin
Ares is f.uckin' God....And Tony even stated it that it would take 6 of his strength type men to take Ares down...He is a God...It's like putting Wolverine up against Thor...Ares easily owned Herc in his mini series...
Please guys, be serious come on now...I can understand the Namor thread but it's like nonsense...

And if someone comes with experience and battles fought I'll just gonna say the guy OWNED himself...
We are talking about a couple thousand years old greek who is the God Of War...

... except Thor can fly, and has ranged abilities... so it isn't even remotely similar. confused

Brutacus
These guys do the "catch flies with chop stick" type things with their swords, while Ares is extremely skilled with his axe he hasn't displayed the accuracy or control people like Ogun, Shingen or Silver Samurai have shown have displayed with their weapons.

So the God of War doesn't know how to use his weapons better than normal humans???

Big Sexy
Ares 10/10

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Brutacus
So the God of War doesn't know how to use his weapons better than normal humans???

Note the skill and finesse he shows here:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/th_Ares.jpg

Rewmac
... except Thor can fly, and has ranged abilities... so it isn't even remotely similar. confused Thor still had a hard time with Herc is pure brawler...Yeah Thor has more abilities and he had like 500+ comics he appeared Ares had like 10 maximum...Thor is stronger of course because of his powers yeah but if Herc could do some damage there Ares could too...

Brutacus

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/th_Ares.jpg

Euh a clear swing at her head, you think any other who could chop fly's out of the sky could do any better?
Like really hit her????

Symmetric Chaos
Euh a clear swing at her head, you think any other who could chop fly's out of the sky could do any better?
Like really hit her????

In any and all secenarios jumping at someone with your weapon held above your head is the worst possible opening move.

srankmissingnin
Thor still had a hard time with Herc is pure brawler...Yeah Thor has more abilities and he had like 500+ comics he appeared Ares had like 10 maximum...Thor is stronger of course because of his powers yeah but if Herc could do some damage there Ares could too...

Because he comes down for a melee slugfest when he fights Herc for the sake of entertainment. If Thor decided to throwdown with Wolverine in a melee slugfest with out using any of his magic abilities, Wolverine would have a shot at winning, too.

And Ares has at least 40 appearances.

Brutacus
In any and all secenarios jumping at someone with your weapon held above your head is the worst possible opening move.

It's a freaking War Axe, what should he try with it than poke her?

Symmetric Chaos
It's a freaking War Axe, what should he try with it than poke her?

Test for weakness. Strike from the side while maintaining the ability to defend himself if she retaliates. Wait for the opponent to make the first move. Flank her and attack. Ask the people around him to help.

I could come up with a better plan than he did.

Brutacus
Test for weakness. Strike from the side while maintaining the ability to defend himself if she retaliates. Wait for the opponent to make the first move. Flank her and attack. Ask the people around him to help.

I could come up with a better plan than he did.

Test for weakness, he would just be blown away.

Strike from the side, with a big axe and try to defend himself????
like that would work, he has no way of defending himself, his both hands are on the axe, and pretty sure he can't move it back in place like he could do with a sword.

She wasn't moving so he made the first move, the best defends can be the attack.

Flank her???? Like that would do anything???

He's the god af war, he thinks he can handle it alone, he's warrior, like's to fight his own battle's I guess, and beside's pretty sure Ares ain't the best team player.

He went for the head with full force.

Symmetric Chaos

like that would work, he has no way of defending himself, his both hands are on the axe, and pretty sure he can't move it back in place like he could do with a sword.

She wasn't moving so he made the first move, the best defends can be the attack.

He's the god af war, he thinks he can handle it alone, he's warrior, like's to fight his own battle's I guess, and beside's pretty sure Ares ain't the best team player.

I'm demonstrating his total and complete lack of thought and the fact that his attack left him completly open to retaliation. Any idiot with a shot gun would be able to respond to that attack.

Are you really trying to say that jumping headfirst at an enemy of unknown power is a good demonstration of fighting prowess?

carver9

and with that attack that he did to her thats all wolverine has to do is step to the side and just take a large chunk out of his ribs. I hope ares dont fight like that fighting wolverine because that would be his downfall..

Brutacus
and with that attack that he did to her thats all wolverine has to do is step to the side and just take a large chunk out of his ribs. I hope ares dont fight like that fighting wolverine because that would be his downfall..

Iff Wolverine can ever defeat a army who can stalemate the gods of Olympus and the other demi-gods like Hercules or Achilles, wake me up and we have a battle till that time Ares 10/10.

carver9
Iff Wolverine can ever defeat a army who can stalemate the gods of Olympus and the other demi-gods like Hercules or Achilles, wake me up and we have a battle till that time Ares 10/10.

Well hulk did defeat half of the avengers and they were all power houses but wolverine defeated the hulk numerous of times.

Hercules has stalemated thor numerous of times but wolverine beat hercules on two occasions.

Namor did fight a couple of the avenger and knocked the hulk the hell out but wolverine beat him also on two occasions.

Wendigo did fight and almost took out the entire alpha flight but wolverine beat him also.

So whats your point. I believe you didnt have a point.

Wolverine 7/10

carver9
Well hulk did defeat half of the avengers and they were all power houses but wolverine defeated the hulk numerous of times.

Hercules has stalemated thor numerous of times but wolverine beat hercules on two occasions.

Namor did fight a couple of the avenger and knocked the hulk the hell out but wolverine beat him also on two occasions.

Wendigo did fight and almost took out the entire alpha flight but wolverine beat him also.

So whats your point. I believe you didnt have a point.

Wolverine 7/10

The people on the avenger team that hulk was fighting solo was iron man, HERCULES, wonderman, she hulk, vision.

Brutacus
Euh so the avengers are stronger than all the Gods and demi-gods from Olympus combined????

carver9
Euh so the avengers are stronger than all the Gods and demi-gods from Olympus combined????

Did i say that but some of the people that i have name are more versatile and are much more stronger than your ares. Hulk alone would whip ares a**. Now do you get the point. Lets put it like this then, wolverine went to a smaller portion of hell (dont know the name of the realm) and fought demons that possessed 100 ton strength a piece and killed all of them including there leader that was about 20 feet tall.

Is that better for you. The ABC logic has nothing to do with this fight.

Wolverine is more skilled and could be faster and more agile than ares and probably could take anything that ares throws at him. The only thing that ares has over wolverine is strength, which dont mean sh** in this fight (not trying to be rude).

I do consider this a good fight but i give the edge to wolverine.

Rewmac

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t49/SymmetricChaos/th_Ares.jpg I hope you read the issue. He was mad as hell...

Rewmac
Euh so the avengers are stronger than all the Gods and demi-gods from Olympus combined???? I'd like to see that...Mighty Avengers noooo way...

srankmissingnin
I've based my outcome of this fight through comparison of both Wolverine and Ares' comic appearances. So far everyone but KAM who thinks Ares wins has based their opinion on nothing more then the fact that he calls him self a god. Seriousy... WTF? Is a title more important then actual feats now? Why even join a comic book debate forum if you don't know anything about a character other then what you read about him on Wikipedia?

Calling yourself a "god" is great and all but it doesn't over ride all of Ares appearance; appearances that don't support him as being the victor.

carver9
I've based my outcome of this fight through comparison of both Wolverine and Ares' comic appearances. So far everyone but KAM who thinks Ares wins has based their opinion on nothing more then the fact that he calls him self a god. Seriousy... WTF? Is a title more important then actual feats now? Why even join a comic book debate forum if you don't know anything about a character other then what you read about him on Wikipedia?

Calling yourself a "god" is great and all but it doesn't over ride all of Ares appearance; appearances that don't support him as being the victor.

Good point. Wrecker calls himself a god but gets owned on a regular basis.

Symmetric Chaos
I hope you read the issue. He was mad as hell...

Well yeah. But a good warrior will maintain a calm mind under any conditions.

OK I'm really reaching there.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>