Arm Wrestling Match: Thor vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

His Airness
who wins?

guy222
Originally posted by His Airness
who wins?

thor

His Airness
Originally posted by guy222
thor

Care to explain why? smile

MightyEInherjar
I don't think Sentry's done anything strength-wise to put him over Thor.

Nikkolas
No Midgard Serpant type feats for Sentry.So Thor.

draxx_tOfU
when did Thor lift the Midgard serpent in its entirety?

carver9
thor

His Airness
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
when did Thor lift the Midgard serpent in its entirety?

He actually fished it, which is actually far more impressive than simply lifting it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent2.jpg

draxx_tOfU
He actually fished it, which is actually far more impressive than simply lifting it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent2.jpg

ummm...no. confused

have you ever gone fishing?

when a sailfish jumps over the surface of the water with a hook embedded in its mouth, you mean to tell me that it was under the fisherman's strength that made the sailfish jump?

if you have a hook in your mouth, it would be instinctive for you to jerk/move forward to whoever is holding the line because of the pain...

besides...

when Utgard-Loki tricked Thor into "lifting" Jormugand who was disguised as a cat, Thor barely managed to lift a paw...

a single paw...

His Airness
ummm...no. confused

have you ever gone fishing?

when a sailfish jumps over the surface of the water with a hook embedded in its mouth, you mean to tell me that it was under the fisherman's strength that made the sailfish jump?

if you have a hook in your mouth, it would be instinctive for you to jerk/move forward to whoever is holding the line because of the pain...

besides...

when Utgard-Loki tricked Thor into "lifting" Jormugand who was disguised as a cat, Thor barely managed to lift a paw...

a single paw...

Have you ever tried lifting a hundred pound fish with your fishing rod? try it, or even put 100 pounds of weight in the water, tie it to your rod and try. Bet you can't lift it. Now go bench 100 pounds, come back and tell me which is easier. smile

Correct, however irrelevant as you asked if Thor has ever lifted the Midgard Serpent in it's entirety.

TricksterPriest
Are we using mythological feats for comic Thor? confused

anyways, Thor takes this. Sentry got punked by a naked silver girl. stick out tongue

His Airness
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

anyways, Thor takes this. Sentry got punked by a naked silver girl. stick out tongue

Look at the scans smart guy, they display Thor lifting the serpent.

draxx_tOfU
Have you ever tried lifting a hundred pound fish with your fishing rod? try it, or even put 100 pounds of weight in the water, tie it to your rod and try. Bet you can't lift. Now go bench 100 pounds, come back and tell me which is easier. smile

Correct, however irrelevant as you asked if Thor has ever lifted the Midgard Serpent in it's entirety.

water...

the scan you provided was in space where there is no gravity...

besides you said fishing it was more impressive than lifting...

i can tie a knot in the hood of my car and pull it, but no way can i lift it...

same as pushing...

no way is pushing/pulling more impressive than lifting... smile

Photon009
Sentry wins. MUCH stronger. When Thor stops Terrax in his tracks with one hand, and then completely CRUSHES Terrax's hand, gimme a call.

His Airness
water...

the scan you provided was in space where there is no gravity...

besides you said fishing it was more impressive than lifting...

i can tie a knot in the hood of my car and pull it, but no way can i lift it...

same as pushing...

no way is pushing/pulling more impressive than lifting... smile

Try dead lifting a hundred pounds of weight with a fishing pole. When you fail, try benching, power cleaning, squatting, or hang cleaning that same weight. When your finished come back and tell me which is easier.

Whats that have to do with the snake? Especially considering no gravity didn't keep it from crushing the earth?

You can fish your car? Bullshit.

How is fishing or pushing in any way similar?

darthgoober
Sentry takes this without question. Absorbing Man has absorbed the strength of Thor AND his hammer numerous times with no ill effects to show for it. But when Absorbing Man tried to absorb the strength of Sentry....

blowup

His Airness
Originally posted by darthgoober
Sentry takes this without question. Absorbing Man has absorbed the strength of Thor AND his hammer numerous times with no ill effects to show for it. But when Absorbing Man tried to absorb the strength of Sentry....

blowup

Sentry couldn't stop the Heli Carrier. no expression

SpunkySmurph
Sentry couldn't stop the Heli Carrier. no expression But he hadn't removed the mental blocks that allow him to access full power.

So that feat can't really be taken as a low showing.

draxx_tOfU
Try dead lifting a hundred pounds of weight with a fishing pole. When you fail, try benching, power cleaning, squatting, or hang cleaning that same weight. When your finished come back and tell me which is easier.

Whats that have to do with the snake? Especially considering no gravity didn't keep it from crushing the earth?

How is fishing or pushing in any way similar?

you were the one that said that Thor fishing the midgard serpent is much more impressive than lifting it...

which isn't...

if I inserted a hook in your mouth with my fishing rod and I pulled, would you not jerk forward?

comprende?

did i say i fish my car?

laughing

petty insults due to incomprehension are beneath me...

laughing

MightyEInherjar
you were the one that said that Thor fishing the midgard serpent is much more impressive than lifting it...

which isn't...

if I inserted a hook in your mouth with my fishing rod and I pulled, would you not jerk forward?

comprende?

did i say i fish my car?

laughing

petty insults due to incomprehension are beneath me...

laughing

Still, if you fish a 20lb fish out of the water, it takes considerably more effort than picking it up off of dry land...mostly because the fish is swimming and trying to get away from you.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Still, if you fish a 20lb fish out of the water, it takes considerably more effort than picking it up off of dry land...mostly because the fish is swimming and trying to get away from you.

that is true...

the fish would at least put up some resistance, because who would want to have a hook in their mouth...

but eventually, due to pain and exhaustion, the fish would give out...

Galan007

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/midgardserpent2.jpg Damn good feat, but not what I expected.

People always hype that feat, saying the serpent was "larger, and/or heavier than Earth".

Well by the looks of those scans, that statement is right...... and wrong.

The serpent is most certainly longer than Earth, but there is nothing depicted or suggested that the serpent might be the same mass or weight as Earth.... Unless there are additional scans of course.

I'm not trying to take away from that feat whatsoever..... Just clarifying a few things. smile

charlemagne9746
Have you ever tried lifting a hundred pound fish with your fishing rod? try it, or even put 100 pounds of weight in the water, tie it to your rod and try. Bet you can't lift it. Now go bench 100 pounds, come back and tell me which is easier. smile

Even your standard 10 or 15 pound test lines can not take the stress of lifting a 100 pound fish...that's why you use your drag to wear this fish out before picking him up with a net.

But, you are right....benching 100 pounds would be much easier..lol.

Trolt

wow thats a giant flying boat. It's larger than north america!

His Airness
Originally posted by Galan007
Damn good feat, but not what I expected.

People always hype that feat, saying the serpent was "larger, and/or heavier than Earth".

The serpent is most certainly longer than Earth, but there is nothing depicted or suggested that the serpent might be the same mass or weight as Earth.... Unless there are additional scans of course.

I'm not trying to take away from that feat whatsoever..... Just clarifying a few things. smile

The resistance of the snake is whats more impressive than the size of the Serpent itself. The Serpent was causing enough pressure on the earth that the earth was being crushed. Similar actually to how a normal size Python kills it's prey.

His Airness
bump

guy222
bump

Thor

Priest
Damn good feat, but not what I expected.

Not only he was able to lift the mass of the the serpent, he was also able to break the grip of the serpent which was crushing the earth to begin with.

charlemagne9746
Anyway.....arm wrestling matches are hard to call. It's not just about strength....leverage and heart play a lot into arm wrestling also. Did you ever see that movie with Stallone...can't think of the name of it...but, he competed as an arm wrestler. He put down a lot of bigger, stronger guys in that movie.

Sentry may be stronger..but it doesn't necessarily mean he would win an arm wrestling match

Supreme being
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Anyway.....arm wrestling matches are hard to call. It's not just about strength....leverage and heart play a lot into arm wrestling also. Did you ever see that movie with Stallone...can't think of the name of it...but, he competed as an arm wrestler. He put down a lot of bigger, stronger guys in that movie.

Sentry may be stronger..but it doesn't necessarily mean he would win an arm wrestling match

Boxing takes hearth yes, Arm wrestling no not so much its about pure strength and a good technique.

masterbruce
what do you guys think Thor's strength is in terms of how many tons he can lift?

His Airness
Originally posted by masterbruce
what do you guys think Thor's strength is in terms of how many tons he can lift?

Much more than Sentry's capabilities.....

Big Sexy
Thor
-he lifted the surpent
-he has shook a planet with arm wrestling
-He overpowerd Ulik who had special gloves which allowed each of his punches to be able to shatter a planet.

Priest
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Thor
-He overpowerd Ulik who had special gloves which allowed each of his punches to be able to shatter a planet.

eek! whoa, when was this?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Priest
eek! whoa, when was this? One of the early showings of Ulik. He was wearing these special gloves. Thor didn't listen and when he got hit his arm went numb for a little bit. Eventually he overpowers and beats ulik.

Priest
One of the early showings of Ulik. He was wearing these special gloves. Thor didn't listen and when he got hit his arm went numb for a little bit. Eventually he overpowers a beates ulik.
nice showing by thor then smile

His Airness
One of the early showings of Ulik. He was wearing these special gloves. Thor didn't listen and when he got hit his arm went numb for a little bit. Eventually he overpowers and beats ulik.

Issue number?

Big Sexy
Issue number? Thor 137. In that issue it kept saying that if ulik so chooses he could crush the planet if he focused on hitting it. Also it states that each of his punches were earth shattering.

His Airness
Thor 137. In that issue it kept saying that if ulik so chooses he could crush the planet if he focused on hitting it. Also it states that each of his punches were earth shattering.

Thanks

Big Sexy
Thanks NP

Galan007
Not only he was able to lift the mass of the the serpent, he was also able to break the grip of the serpent which was crushing the earth to begin with. All I really meant by that particular statement is,

Some people make the claim that Thor can pretty much throw planets around like golf balls because of "the Serpent feat"...

And while those scans may be very impressive, they really don't indicate anything of the sort imo.

Newjak
All I really meant by that particular statement is,

Some people make the claim that Thor can pretty much throw planets around like golf balls because of "the Serpent feat"...

And while those scans may be very impressive, they really don't indicate anything of the sort imo. It's more impressive then Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter moving Earth stick out tongue

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
It's more impressive then Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter moving Earth stick out tongue I never said otherwise...

Just said it wasn't quite as impressive as some people made it out to be. ermm

Still a great feat though. thumb up

Newjak
I never said otherwise...

Just said it wasn't quite as impressive as some people made it out to be. ermm

Still a great feat though. thumb up I know what you mean.

ankur29
sentry's equal (void) broke all of hulk's bones for gods sake , more than thor can do with his strength!

Big Sexy
nice showing by thor then smile actually I just checked. They weren't gloves. They were like magical brass knuckles.

His Airness
Originally posted by ankur29
sentry's equal (void) broke all of hulk's bones for gods sake , more than thor can do with his strength!

Thor has killed Hulk with brute strength.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ankur29

no expression You mean the completely powerless Hulk that Sentry fought because for some reason the writers couldn't come up with another way for him to win? Yeah awsome feat, that.

Thor has killed Hulk with brute strength.

Really?

Newjak
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
no expression You mean the completely powerless Hulk that Sentry fought because for some reason the writers couldn't come up with another way for him to win? Yeah awsome feat, that.

Really? It was a what if. Thor breaks his neck unless he is talking about the King Thor thing also stick out tongue

strengthkills

How is fishing or pushing in any way similar? you obviosly dont lift weigths besides this isnt some fishing pole this is a extremely big a$$ piece of wood that obviously has extreme tensile strength(it didnt break or was that somehow thor holding the wood together too) still thats a pretty good feat u know anyway i think its atie as most armwrestling matches dont make sense(see proff.hulk vs thing they somehow tied but then again arm wrestling is a leverage and technique game too)so i dont know a tie

strengthkills
It was a what if. Thor breaks his neck unless he is talking about the King Thor thing also stick out tongue king thor killed hulk by impaling him with a piece of wood wink roll eyes (sarcastic) lets be serious here

strengthkills
Originally posted by Trolt
wow thats a giant flying boat. It's larger than north america! laughing

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

If a naked silver girl started playing with you, would you punch her back? big grin

His Airness
Originally posted by strengthkills
you obviosly dont lift weigths besides this isnt some fishing pole this is a extremely big a$$ piece of wood that obviously has extreme tensile strength(it didnt break or was that somehow thor holding the wood together too) still thats a pretty good feat u know anyway i think its atie as most armwrestling matches dont make sense(see proff.hulk vs thing they somehow tied but then again arm wrestling is a leverage and technique game too)so i dont know a tie

I do, required to because I play football.

How big the boat, and fishing pole are irrelevant considering it's a comic and shit like that doesn't matter. That and it's a magic pole and boat.

Anyways I can bench 150 pounds easy, I sure the hell can't lift an 150 pound fish with a fishing pole.

Galan007
Thor
-He overpowerd Ulik who had special gloves Meh,

It wasn't that impressive...

Thor did well against Ulik,

but Ulik started handing Thor his ass, and just when Ulik was about to land the "killing blow", Thor was teleported from the battlefield:

http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1167118/u3.jpg

Thor didn't really overpower Ulik imo.

which allowed each of his punches to be able to shatter a planet. Well there was a page that said Ulik's punches could level a planet:

http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1167117/u2.jpg

But there was also a page which said he could only level a mountain:

http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1167116/u1.jpg

srug

strengthkills
I do, required to because I play football.

How big the boat, and fishing pole are irrelevant considering it's a comic and shit like that doesn't matter. That and it's a magic pole and boat.

Anyways I can bench 150 pounds easy, I sure the hell can't lift an 150 pound fish with a fishing pole. u lift weigths and play football but cant lift a 150 dead fish ...... embarrasment

Big Sexy
Meh,

It wasn't that impressive...

Thor did well against Ulik,

but Ulik started handing Thor his ass, and just when Ulik was about to land the "killing blow", Thor was teleported from the battlefield:

http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1167118/u3.jpg

Thor didn't really overpower Ulik imo.

Well there was a page that said Ulik's punches could level a planet:

http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1167117/u2.jpg

But there was also a page which said he could only level a mountain:

http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1167116/u1.jpg

srug
Meh lately been reading all my back New Gods, and Thor issues. It caught my eye since everyone loves referencing that quote that Superman makes to BA about his punches leveling a moon. Still having trouble finding all of the 2nd series of the new gods though. Most torrent sites I find have no seeders. The next issue he dropped ulik and several trolls with the knuckles. Then he later defeats him when they both have hammers.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by llagrok
If a naked silver girl started playing with you, would you punch her back? big grin

I'm gonna plead the fifth since answering this question honestly would out me as a horndog. naughty

Galan007
Meh lately been reading all my back New Gods, and Thor issues. It caught my eye since everyone loves referencing that quote that Superman makes to BA about his punches leveling a moon. Still having trouble finds all of the 2nd series of the new gods though. Most torrent sites I find have no seeders. New Gods is one of my all-time favorites... I recently completed my collection. big grin

His Airness
u lift weigths and play football but cant lift a 150 dead fish ...... embarrasment

No, read what I wrote and don't misquote me. With a fishing pole, I cannot lift an 150 pound fish. It would next to impossible for me to fish it outta of the water. It would be much easier for me to dead lift it or drag it.

Big Sexy
New Gods is one of my all-time favorites... I recently completed my collection. big grin I have the entire first series and the fourth. I recently read all of the Orion series and mister Miracle. I have several from the 2nd/3rd series but I can't find them all. Funny how most comic shops sell the issues for like 1.50 and only have maybe three in stock.

Galan007
I have the entire first series and the fourth. I recently read all of the Orion series. I have several from the 2nd/3rd series but I can't find them all. The later New Gods run was much better than the original imo...

As for the Orion series... sick

Funny how most comic shops sell the issues for like 1.50 and only have maybe three in stock. And they have like 40 copies each, of those 3 issues lol.

strengthkills
No, read what I wrote and don't misquote me. With a fishing pole, I cannot lift an 150 pound fish. It would next to impossible for me to fish it outta of the water. It would be much easier for me to dead lift it or drag it. so if someone gave u a magical fishing pole that never bent and u were able to get leverage u couldnt lift 150 lbs out of the water, why are u comparing this to deadlifts squats and benchpresses i mean i can maybe see deadlifts but even then fishing and deadlifting have nuthin to do with each other/other than pushing through the ground with ur legs
bench press is an entirely different set of muscles/movement
and squat is an entirely different movement

Big Sexy
The later New Gods run was much better than the original imo...

As for the Orion series... sick

And they have like 40 copies each, of those 3 issues lol. Was the Orion series canon? They almost don't even mention that Orion once had it or that Mister Miracle still has it.

Galan007
They almost don't even mention that Orion once had it or that Mister Miracle still has it. What?

Their own series?

strengthkills
so if someone gave u a magical fishing pole that never bent and u were able to get leverage u couldnt lift 150 lbs out of the water, why are u comparing this to deadlifts squats and benchpresses i mean i can maybe see deadlifts but even then fishing and deadlifting have nuthin to do with each other/other than pushing through the ground with ur legs
and squat is an entirely different movement airness by saying this im not making fun of u but giving u a vote of confidence jus so u know

Big Sexy
What?

Their own series? I mean the fact that they both have/had the ALE.

His Airness
so if someone gave u a magical fishing pole that never bent and u were able to get leverage u couldnt lift 150 lbs out of the water, why are u comparing this to deadlifts squats and benchpresses i mean i can maybe see deadlifts but even then fishing and dead lifting have nuthin to do with each other/other than pushing through the ground with ur legs
and squat is an entirely different movement

How the hell am I supposed to know what I could do with a magical fishing pole?

Every fisherman has leverage when fishing. Doesn't keep them from completely exhausting themselves from trying to catch 50+ pound fish.

I stated benching or dead lifting 150 pounds would be much easier than fishing 150 pounds.

I never said anything about squats. It has nothing to do with pecs, biceps, or triceps so it's irrelevant to the discussion. It's also much easier than any of the other lifts mentioned. 150 pound squat is close to nothing.

Galan007
I mean the fact that they both have/had the ALE. Mr. Miracle is regarded as the only person who knows the Equation, but has the "will" to not use it.

But you never hear of Orion /w/ ALE. confused

strengthkills

Every fisherman has leverage when fishing. Doesn't keep them from completely exhausting themselves from trying to catch 50+ pound fish.

I stated benching or dead lifting 150 pounds would be much easier than fishing 150 pounds.

I never said anything about squats. It has nothing to do with pecs, biceps, or triceps so it's irrelevant to the discussion. It's also much easier than any of the other lifts mentioned. 150 pound squat is close to nothing. so ur saying deadlifts are pecs. biceps and triceps What the f**k? i coulve sworn it was lower back, hamstrings and a few stabilizer muscles any way lifting deadweight has no barring on many everyday exercises other than increased stamina and muscular/neurological control

strengthkills

I never said anything about squats. It has nothing to do with pecs, biceps, or triceps so it's irrelevant to the discussion. It's also much easier than any of the other lifts mentioned. 150 pound squat is close to nothing. How the hell am I supposed to know what I could do with a magical fishing pole?
precisley the point

Big Sexy
Mr. Miracle is regarded as the only person who knows the Equation, but has the "will" to not use it.

But you never hear of Orion /w/ ALE. confused Well maybe we shall see but what I mean is we know that Darkseid is still searching for it. I'm surprised Darkseid hasn't searched the black racer since Scott tricked Orion, Metron and Darkseid in his guise.

His Airness
so ur saying deadlifts are pecs. biceps and triceps What the f**k? i coulve sworn it was lower back, hamstrings and a few stabilizer muscles any way lifting deadweight has no barring on many everyday exercises other than increased stamina and muscular/neurological control

Nevermind. I'll leave it at this. Bench 150 pounds. Then throw that same 150 weight in the water tied to a string and try to fish it. When you get done, tell me which was more difficult.

Galan007
Well maybe we shall see but what I mean is we know that Darkseid is still searching for it. I'm surprised Darkseid hasn't searched the black racer since Scott tricked Orion, Metron and Darkseid in his guise. IMO Darkseid is about to unlock the "true" ALE,

masterbruce

someone give me an estimate

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Thor

tkitna
Sentry

Symmetric Chaos
someone give me an estimate

thousands --> millions

batdude123
Based on feats- Thor

Based on hype- Sentry

guy222
Originally posted by batdude123
Based on feats- Thor

Based on hype- Sentry

Agreed

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
thousands --> millions

but even a mountain would be billions of tons

If Thor could lift the Midgard Serpent which was the size of continents....he would have to be beyond quintillion level strength (that's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons)

panthergod
It's more impressive then Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter moving Earth stick out tongue

LOL..

It's NOWHERE NEAR moving the Earth.

And only a truly pathetically ignorant Thorbag would claim otherwise.

Newjak
Originally posted by panthergod
LOL..

It's NOWHERE NEAR moving the Earth.

And only a truly pathetically ignorant Thorbag would claim otherwise. It is far greater if you want to go into the details of it I'll be all to happy to inform you stick out tongue

panthergod
It is far greater if you want to go into the details of it I'll be all to happy to inform you stick out tongue

Please, go into proving how moving the Serpent--an undefined mass well below that of Earth--using mystical implements without which Thor consistently FAILED to life the Serpent and could only lift a tiny portion of it--the equivalent of a 'cats paw', proportionately in on instance, and one foot of the disguised Jormangund as Fin Fang Foom in another--is suprior to moving the Earth.

The Serpent<<<< the Earth's mass.

Let alone DC Earth, which is larger and has more mass than Marvel Earth.

And considering the fact that we've seen Thor, Wonder Man, Vision, and others struggle to catch a Graviton-compressed island, once again this is an excellent example of how far above Marvel Earth's conventional top tier the DC Elite truly are.

Newjak
Please, go into proving how moving the Serpent--an undefined mass well below that of Earth--using mystical implements without which Thor consistently FAILED to life the Serpent and could only lift a tiny portion of it--the equivalent of a 'cats paw', proportionately in on instance, and one foot of the disguised Jormangund as Fin Fang Foom in another--is suprior to moving the Earth.

The Serpent<<<< the Earth's mass.

Let alone DC Earth, which is larger and has more mass than Marvel Earth.

And considering the fact that we've seen Thor, Wonder Man, Vision, and others struggle to catch a Graviton-compressed island, once again this is an excellent example of how far above Marvel Earth's conventional top tier the DC Elite truly are. laughing

You do they never actually moved the weight of the Earth right. All they did was overcome the gravitational pull on the Earth by the Sun.

They only had to deal with two forces. The Earth's gravity on themselves which is very minimal and the pull of the Sun. It is still a good feat

But Thor actually has to overcome quite a few. First he has to resist the force the Serpent can exert which is enough to crush a planet so it is obviously no small deal. He then has to overcome the Serpents gravitational attraction to Earth and then the Serpent is big enough that it will have an attraction to the Sun as well. So Thor has to deal with all that by himself.

And magical items consisted of a large rod with a line attached.

Forces Exerted on and by Serpent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Earth's

By the way Thor has shaken the entire planet and he has effortlessly moved an island base. wink

panthergod
laughing

You do they never actually moved the weight of the Earth right. All they did was overcome the gravitational pull on the Earth by the Sun.

They only had to deal with two forces. The Earth's gravity on themselves which is very minimal and the pull of the Sun. It is still a good feat

But Thor actually has to overcome quite a few. First he has to resist the force the Serpent can exert which is enough to crush a planet so it is obviously no small deal.

LOL.

This is a lie.

The Serpent never crushed any planet, anywhere. It cannot crush a planet, and this is a fabrication.

You have Zero proof that Moving the Serpent is anywhere near as impressive as resisting a planets gravitational pull to the sun.

while in a magic boat floating in a magical dimension-which gave him leverage.

without those implement he cannot lift the Serpent, period. we've seen him fail TWICE to lift the Serpent under his own power.

A lie.

And Superman contains solar system destroying black holes with one hand.

Next.

Newjak
LOL.

This is a lie.

The Serpent never crushed any planet, anywhere. It cannot crush a planet, and this is a fabrication.

You have Zero proof that Moving the Serpent is anywhere near as impressive as resisting a planets gravitational pull to the sun.

without those implement he cannot lift the Serpent, period. we've seen him fail TWICE to lift the Serpent under his own power.

A lie.

Next. What do you think it was doing to the Planet Earth just sitting there it was crushing it confused

I do seeing as it is more than big enough to have its own Gravitational pull with the Sun and it would also have one with Earth. Plus it has its own ability to resist unlike the Earth so it is better 313

The Boat and everything were only for leverage so Thor's strength could take care of everything else. He still did it all with his strength. And he has beaten the Serpent before.

And yet Superman has never proven strong enough to move the Earth by himself or even sake the planet wink

His Airness
LOL.

This is a lie.

A lie.

Next.

Don't be so quick to judge if your obvious to the feat at hand. The Serpent was crushing the Planet. Not only does the narration support this, but it was shown that the pressure from the serpent was causing cataclysmic storms. If it weren't for Thor, there'd be no more Marvel earth.

Thor had to resist the force exerted by the Serpent, the Serpents gravitational attraction to Earth, and the Serpents gravitational attraction to the Sun.

Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter failed at moving the planet and succeeded only in overcoming the Suns gravitational pull of the earth.

Which feat is more impressive?

A magic boat, and a large unbreakable fishing pole.

Magic lasso, flying.

Previous failures are irrelevant. When it came time for him to save his planet, he succeeded in moving the entirety of the serpent.

You sure like to call things a lie.

How do you know the capabilities of the black hole? It was miniature, and it is was never opened.

Also, if your still doubting Thor's ability to move planets......

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/thor38809hc7.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/thor38810yh9.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.