Theoretically...Heralds above Surfer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Photon009
Theoretically, if they never said or were clearly shown inferior to Surfer like ALL heralds have been, who would you say is the most powerful herald? I mean, Firelord has done better against Thor than Surfer ever has, as well as done better against Ravenous. Stardust did better against BRB than Surfer ever did against Thor. Morg did better against Thanos and against Firelord than Surfer ever has. When you think about it, disregarding direct confrontations between Surfer and these other heralds, do the other heralds have more impressive feats than Surfer? Not always, but sometimes it sure does seem like it. Especially with other top heralds like Firelord, Morg, Stardust, etc.

Endless Mike
I've never seen any other Herald top the Uni - Lord feat.

golem370
Morg/Wol/Power Cosmic

DigiMark007
Hmm. Interesting observation.

I'm still not sure I can agree, but it's a great argument for them. Even ignoring the head-to-head matchups (which is where the theory really gets into trouble) Surfer still has some impressive notches in his belt (metaphorically) in battles.

Super Skrull
Ronan
Hulk
Gladiator
Orion (crossover)
Kyle Rayner (crossover)
Lunatik
Champion

...then of course H2H wins against FL, Red Shift, and Morg.

But still, that's the best argument I've seen for non-Surfer heralds in a while.

Tenebrous
You would have to consider Stardust in the upper-echelon of heralds. As the newest herald his feats are relatively few, but to my knowledge no herald has ever survived a planet-obliterating blast from Galactus...except for Stardust.

guy222
Originally posted by Tenebrous
You would have to consider Stardust in the upper-echelon of heralds. As the newest herald his feats are relatively few, but to my knowledge no herald has ever survived a planet-obliterating blast from Galactus...except for Stardust.

Its rumored Stardust falls to the Surfer. My favorite herald is Pyreus Kril

Stupid Rookie

I agree that Stardust is an upper level herald, but don't know how much that feat has to do with it.

Didn't he get outside help from his surviving race or something like that?

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I agree that Stardust is an upper level herald, but don't know how much that feat has to do with it.

Didn't he get outside help from his surviving race or something like that?

No. He reformed on his own. Red Shift, the other herald who was caught in the same blast, is still dead.

Stardust just happened to encounter the last members of his race. They tried to mess with him for being loyal to the "corporeals" but he gave them a taste of the power cosmic...and absorbed them into his self.

Stupid Rookie
No. He reformed on his own. Red Shift, the other herald who was caught in the same blast, is still dead.

Stardust just happened to encounter the last members of his race. They tried to mess with him for being loyal to the "corporeals" but he gave them a taste of the power cosmic...and absorbed them into his self.

My bad, I thought I remembered them helping him. Impressive yes, but considering Red Shift is the only other one to be exposed to such a thing I don't know how much we can say about it.

SS is the only being on panel to channel the power of the Crunch, which impressed Galactus a lot.

llagrok
Originally posted by guy222
Its rumored Stardust falls to the Surfer. My favorite herald is Pyreus Kril

There's definitely a battle coming up between those two. GALACTUS HAS FORESEEN IT!

To me, there aren't any heralds above Silver Surfer except from Morg. Ugly boy could take on pretty much any of the heralds and win.

Morg
SS
Stardust
Terrax
Firelord/Red Shift
Nova
Air walker

Did I forget anyone?

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
There's definitely a battle coming up between those two. GALACTUS HAS FORESEEN IT!

To me, there aren't any heralds above Silver Surfer except from Morg. Ugly boy could take on pretty much any of the heralds and win.

Morg
SS
Stardust
Terrax
Firelord/Red Shift
Nova
Air walker

Did I forget anyone?

Teh Big G is a prophet laughing out loud

Pyreus Kril can defeat Norrin IMO

How's School

Bouboumaster
Morg with WOL/PC is the best, followed by Norrin.

A bloodlust SS is the pwnzor.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by llagrok

Morg
SS
Stardust
Terrax
Firelord/Red Shift
Nova
Air walker

Did I forget anyone?

Aunt May...who apparently was a canon herald according to that issue she was in laughing out loud

But also, the Asgardian Destroyer Armor.

Symmetric Chaos
Aunt May...who apparently was a canon herald according to that issue she was in laughing out loud

When did that become a herald?

TricksterPriest
I forget when it was, but Galactus took the Destroyer as his herald for a time. I'm pretty sure Loki jacked it from him.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
When did that become a herald?

I forget...some issue of marvel presents or something. She didn't actually become herald...it was a dream of Galactus' that somehow imposed itself on everyone else's dreams. Basically it had aunt may looking for twinkies for galactus to consume.

it's pure nonsense but at the end of the comic they go so far as to make a disclaimer that the story is not an alternate reality, not a what if, etc.

so she wasn't technically a herald, but in terms of aunt may being depicted as a herald, it happened in canon terms.

Symmetric Chaos
I forget...some issue of marvel presents or something. She didn't actually become herald...it was a dream of Galactus' that somehow imposed itself on everyone else's dreams. Basically it had aunt may looking for twinkies for galactus to consume.

it's pure nonsense but at the end of the comic they go so far as to make a disclaimer that the story is not an alternate reality, not a what if, etc.

so she wasn't technically a herald, but in terms of aunt may being depicted as a herald, it happened in canon terms.

I know AuntMay was a herald. When did the AD become a herald?

Priest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I know AuntMay was a herald. When did the AD become a herald?
Thor gives Galactus the Destroyer armor in exchange of the release of Firelord. Later Loki steals it back.

Photon009
Heralds from Most to least powerful IMO:

WOL Morg
Current Surfer
Standard Surfer
Morg
Firelord
Red Shift
Stardust (Stardust is probably in the Top 3 of the heralds durability/regeneration-wise, but not overall.)
Fallen One
Terrax
Air-Walker (original version that fought Thor)
Nova
Air-Walker (purple robot version)

Priest
Originally posted by Photon009
Theoretically, if they never said or were clearly shown inferior to Surfer like ALL heralds have been, who would you say is the most powerful herald?
I mean, Firelord has done better against Thor than Surfer ever has,
Aside for Thor being in Warrior Madness, i would say that the Surfer and Thor fight was close.

as well as done better against Ravenous.
When Surfer docent hold back(removal of the mental blocks) he made a fool out of Ravenous.

Stardust did better against BRB than Surfer ever did against Thor.
Thats because Thor>BRB..thor is more of a fordable opponent than Beta Ray Bill because he uses his other powers more effectively than Bill.
Against Bill I would give Surfer a healthy majority.

Morg did better against Thanos and against Firelord than Surfer ever has. When you think about it,
True, i really cant explain why..But in the last encounter, Surfer did wtf pwan Morg, he was going all out in that fight.

disregarding direct confrontations between Surfer and these other heralds, do the other heralds have more impressive feats than Surfer?
Battle feats, the other heralds may have better track records against the opponents that surfer has fought. But feats in general Surfer>>>Any herald.

Not always, but sometimes it sure does seem like it. Especially with other top heralds like Firelord, Morg, Stardust, etc.
U had some good points, FL, Morg, and Stardust on paper may compete with the likes of Surfer, but when it comes down to it, Surfer not holding back is far more impressive.

Akuki

Can't forget Dazzler either. She was a oneshot herald as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.