Dr. Strange v Dr. Banner vs Stark vs Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
which one's the smartest of the lot?
if they were attempting to amass the most power (in all it's forms) which would be the more effective?
if started with exactly the same knowledge, and no amulets/charms etc, which would learn the magics first/best?

basically, I'm trying to place Strange in terms of intellect and cunning.

Symmetric Chaos
Doom
Strange
Dunno. I want to say Doom due to his intellect but Strange has a certain aptitute for magic doesn't he?

janus77
that scan of Dr. Strange just being an arrogant and condescending chap to Thor got me wondering. he has a kick ass library, is highly erudite, obviously refined and classically educated... basically he has all the cliche traits of an intellectual of the highest order. the literary type, not the nerd in a lab coat (Reed).

Doom's something of a different animal, he's driven and brilliant. he has a scientific bent, but clearly doesn't seem to gain much pleasure from scientific discovery, unlike Reed. it is merely a means. also highly adaptible - learning magics which are fundamentally founded in the irrational as opposed to science.

Banner is just a Reed-mold genius, here purely for guaging Dr. Strange.

Stark is your regular highly educated and intelligent chap. uber smart, but not soaring in the stratosphere that Reed/Doom/Banner et al inhabit.

also, I still haven't really found a 'placing' or ranking for magic. Galactus > Cyttorak seems to be undisputed. yet Juggernaut > physical force still holds true to many here... which is a bit of a conundrum, to me. to say the least.

Rewmac
Wolverine wins.

janus77
Originally posted by Rewmac
Wolverine wins.
bah, Desperate Dan would ***** slap him from here to Soddom!

Bouboumaster
Doom
Banner
Stark
Strange

guy222
banner

JakeTheBank
Doom.

janus77
Banner, he's threatening to go "Bad Ass" again.

TheGodKiller
Doom comes in at number one. The rest don't matter.

Digi
Originally posted by janus77
which one's the smartest of the lot?
if they were attempting to amass the most power (in all it's forms) which would be the more effective?
if started with exactly the same knowledge, and no amulets/charms etc, which would learn the magics first/best?

In order of your questions, Doom, Doom, Strange.

As with anything, though, "smartest" depends on the realm. Politics, Doom. Magic, Strange. Economics, Stark. Technology, depends on the realm of tech...could be Stark, Doom, or Banner.

Mindset
I'd actually put Doom over Strange in magic aptitude.

He has had much less time to study magic and look what he is capable of. His ability to learn is above Strange's imo.

DarkSaint85
And its only recently that Strange has been shown to be able to use Dark Magic, whereas Doom uses it and laughs.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
I'd actually put Doom over Strange in magic aptitude.

He has had much less time to study magic and look what he is capable of. His ability to learn is above Strange's imo.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.