Dr Doom Vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider999
Dr Doom has his suit and usual resources except magic he also has prep but not alot try 4 days

vs superman who also has prep for the same amount of time.

guy222
Originally posted by Mider999
Dr Doom has his suit and usual resources except magic he also has prep but not alot try 4 days

vs superman who also has prep for the same amount of time.

supes

Evil_Ash
raise_eyebrow

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/452339_1-dr-doom-vs-superman

Mider999
still this is a prep fight the other one was not a prep fight dont get mad evil ash. Also this fight has NO magic. And come on people magic isnt an automatic win vs supes

Caps Conscience
LMAO at supe fans creating a scenerio where the Man-O-Steel can beat Doom.

Symmetric Chaos
Unless Superman spends his time sundipping this is heavily weighted in Doom's favor.

Juntai
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
LMAO at supe fans creating a scenerio where the Man-O-Steel can beat Doom. He doesn't neccisarily need a scenario to be able to beat Doom. In fact, the scenario of prep time leans more towards Dooms favor than Supermans.

Juntai
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Unless Superman spends his time sundipping this is heavily weighted in Doom's favor. 4 days of sundipping would be one dead Doom. He's damn near completely unbeatable just being -around it-.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Juntai
4 days of sundipping would be one dead Doom. He's damn near completely unbeatable just being -around it-.

Isn't that what I said?

Caps Conscience
He doesn't neccisarily need a scenario to be able to beat Doom. In fact, the scenario of prep time leans more towards Dooms favor than Supermans.

I said that because this is the second thread in two days where Dr Doom is beating Supes. Its just funny to me that some people really think that Supes can't be beat.

starlock
superman wins

Take away supes prep time and maybe doom has a chance

golem370
Or give Doom more prep time

Avalonofthewind
These scenarios over the last few days have been spite against Doom.

Supes wins every scenario not involving great prep on Dooms part and total surprise on Supermans part.

Caps Conscience
Lets say Doom gets no prep but he has been stranded in the DCU for a year. How does it go then? It's curbstomp for Doom as far as I'm concerned.

Juntai
Lets say Doom gets no prep but he has been stranded in the DCU for a year. How does it go then? It's curbstomp for Doom as far as I'm concerned. Random encounter? Superman wins.

Caps Conscience
Random encounter? Superman wins.

Lets just say we disagree.......

rotiart
4 days of prep time????
Standard Rules? No magic? Doom is probably the smartest or second smartest person on earth...

He creates an emitter from his suit that radiates red sun rays... he then hacks cloc to reprogram it into telling Sentry his missions are 1. to pick up the red sunray emitter and wear it... 2.. beat up superman but avoid letter ing superman destroy the sunray device.

Doom wins...
What.... you said he had prep...
ALL HAIL DOOM!!!
then doom gets to dissect the kryptonian... yummy yummy yummy yum yummy yum yum

Juntai
Originally posted by rotiart
4 days of prep time????
Standard Rules? No magic? Doom is probably the smartest or second smartest person on earth...

He creates an emitter from his suit that radiates red sun rays... he then hacks cloc to reprogram it into telling Sentry his missions are 1. to pick up the red sunray emitter and wear it... 2.. beat up superman but avoid letter ing superman destroy the sunray device.

Doom wins...
What.... you said he had prep...
ALL HAIL DOOM!!!
then doom gets to dissect the kryptonian... yummy yummy yummy yum yummy yum yum Sentry runs into an army of a ten trillion Superman-bots.
Imagine how many he could build in 4 days at superspeed.
Noting that a single of these trashed two super-teams at the same time.

Doom, thinking his work was done, turns around to find Supes slowing his vibration to bring himself to a visible level of the light spectrum, and Supes merely -breathes- at Doom a little, causing his lungs to collapse.

rotiart
i didn't see the part where superman gets 4 days prep too. sad

endrict
with Prep Doom wins, no prep Sups should win.

grey fox
Sentry runs into an army of a ten trillion Superman-bots.
Imagine how many he could build in 4 days at superspeed.
Noting that a single of these trashed two super-teams at the same time.

Doom, thinking his work was done, turns around to find Supes slowing his vibration to bring himself to a visible level of the light spectrum, and Supes merely -breathes- at Doom a little, causing his lungs to collapse.

That was Young Justice, the bastard team of the 90's they deserved it !

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
That was Young Justice, the bastard team of the 90's they deserved it ! Young Justice and the Titans! Actually, the Young Justice mostly survived although beat up. lol.

Young Justice was awesome though. I cracked up constantly reading it. Peter David delivered some gold on that one, if you wanted a care-free book.

Avalonofthewind
Lets say Doom gets no prep but he has been stranded in the DCU for a year. How does it go then? It's curbstomp for Doom as far as I'm concerned.

He still wouldn't have tried anything that Lex probably hasn't tried by now.

The only way for Doom to be Superman is with Prep on his side and total surprise on Supermans side.

Doom is by far my fave Marvel villain...but I won't overrate him either.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
He still wouldn't have tried anything that Lex probably hasn't tried by now.

The only way for Doom to be Superman is with Prep on his side and total surprise on Supermans side.

Doom is by far my fave Marvel villain...but I won't overrate him either.

Doom is better then Lex because he Preps for not having Prep. And thats the word, jack.......

darthgoober
Doom takes this. All he has to do is spend the 4 days outfitting an army of Doombots(as well as himself) with uber forcefields and some of his patented energy absorbers(the kind that have taken down Surfer, Aron the Watcher, Galactus, and the Beyonder) and Supes is naught but a memory.

Avalonofthewind
Superman beams Dooms whole country into the Phantom zone ftw.

darthgoober
Superman beams Dooms whole country into the Phantom zone ftw.
Is it really "in character" for Supes to doom(no pun intended) a country full of innocent people to the Phantom Zone?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by darthgoober
Is it really "in character" for Supes to doom(no pun intended) a country full of innocent people to the Phantom Zone?

Has your idea ever been done? He's had more time to plan against the xmen and has never come up with anything like that.

He's been fighting the FF for years and never come up with anything like that.

Superman's plan hurts nobody...and he can beam back out who he wants. smile

Caps Conscience
Has your idea ever been done? He's had more time to plan against the xmen and has never come up with anything like that.

Doom has prep for that and teleports back before he gets to the phantom zone........Supes needs to just take this loss and keep it moving. lol

darthgoober

You're asking if Doom has ever utilized Doombot's to take down an opponent? Absolutely. Has he ever equipped them with shields or absorption tech? Absolutely. Has he ever utilized absorption tech to take down someone more powerful than he? Absolutely.

Has Supes EVER knowingly sent a single individual to the Phantom Zone as anything other than a last resort? Has he ever sent a "civilian" to the Phantom Zone?

Avalonofthewind
You're asking if Doom has ever utilized Doombot's to take down an opponent? Absolutely. Has he ever equipped them with shields or absorption tech? Absolutely. Has he ever utilized absorption tech to take down someone more powerful than he? Absolutely.

Has Supes EVER knowingly sent a single individual to the Phantom Zone as anything other than a last resort? Has he ever sent a "civilian" to the Phantom Zone?

Yes...he sent half of metropolis to the phantom zone.....

On top of that...he's done similar with Superman bots taking over the world. He's also had Superman robots fill in for him where people couldn't tell the difference (even his wife) ...Contigency plan to beam things to the zone? Been done.

Has Doom had tons of time to prep for the FF and Xmen and still lost? Yes.

Could Superman simply use the Phantom zone to take out doom anytime he wants? Yes.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Doom siphons off some of supes powers, beats up supes.

darthgoober
Yes...he sent half of metropolis to the phantom zone.....
Really, wow I didn't know about that. So you're suggesting that Supes is going to cause an international incident by sending the entire population to a foreign dimension against their will, just to take down their monarch who's actually supported by that populous?

Anyway let me ask you this(cause like I said, I was unaware of that), why did he send them to the Phantom Zone? I was always under the impression that the PZ was a pretty bad place that was fairly unpleasant to be in.

On top of that...he's done similar with Superman bots taking over the world. Contigency plan to beam things to the zone? Been done.
Wait you lost me there. Are you saying that Supes is going to use an army of Robots to attack Doom?

Has Doom had tons of time to prep for the FF and Xmen and still lost? Yes.
Has Supes been given a hard fight by Toyman w/prep? Yes. Has he been put down by Batman w/prep? Yes.

Anyway to my knowledge the X Men have never actually taken Doom down, just foiled a couple of his plots. Also you have to take PIS into consideration. Doom has tech built into his standard armor that instantly nullifies mutant powers, so there's no real way they could take him in a non PIS situation.

And as for the FF, that's actually pretty simple....they have Reed who happens to be about the only person on Marvel Earth that has a legitimate shot at out prepping Doom.

Could Superman simply use the Phantom zone to take out doom anytime he wants? Yes.
Could Doom use his inter dimensional teleportaion devices to teleport right out? Yes.

Juntai
Really, wow I didn't know about that. So you're suggesting that Supes is going to cause an international incident by sending the entire population to a foreign dimension against their will, just to take down their monarch who's actually supported by that populous?

Anyway let me ask you this(cause like I said, I was unaware of that), why did he send them to the Phantom Zone? I was always under the impression that the PZ was a pretty bad place that was fairly unpleasant to be in.

Wait you lost me there. Are you saying that Supes is going to use an army of Robots to attack Doom?

Has Supes been given a hard fight by Toyman w/prep? Yes. Has he been put down by Batman w/prep? Yes.

Anyway to my knowledge the X Men have never actually taken Doom down, just foiled a couple of his plots. Also you have to take PIS into consideration. Doom has tech built into his standard armor that instantly nullifies mutant powers, so there's no real way they could take him in a non PIS situation.

And as for the FF, that's actually pretty simple....they have Reed who happens to be about the only person on Marvel Earth that has a legitimate shot at out prepping Doom.

Could Doom use his inter dimensional teleportaion devices to teleport right out? Yes. Which fight was it that Batman KOed Supes in his right mind?

Avalonofthewind

Normally the Phantom Zone is a wraith like prison....Superman was actually able to somehow create a paradise in a section of the zone complete with robots so humanlike that people couldn't tell the difference.

He had done as contingency against an emergency.

Yes. He has taken over Earth before with his robots. Some of them powerful enough to rival other DC superheroes.

Actually, storm by herself took out Dooms armor with a massive lightning bolt. Doom and Arcade together had prep and the xmen got out and defeated them both.

Doom usually has prep to begin with and Reed doesn't. In this case, Superman has prep...and he's been shown to be pretty good with prep himself in addition to being massively more powerful than Doom.

Could Doom use his inter dimensional teleportaion devices to teleport right out? Yes.

Not if he's a wraigth like phantom. I doubt Supes would send him to "Metropia."

tkitna
Doom wins.

He goes back in time and awaits for Clark to land on earth as an infant and then kills him, thus no Superman to fight.

darthgoober
Normally the Phantom Zone is a wraith like prison....Superman was actually able to somehow create a paradise in a section of the zone complete with robots so humanlike that people couldn't tell the difference.

Oh see that makes sense. But that sounds a little different than kidnapping the entire population of a foreign country against their will to attack their monarch whom they support. THAT kind of thing sounds COMPLETELY out of character for Supes.

Yes. He has taken over Earth before with his robots. Some of them powerful enough to rival other DC superheroes.
And what where the circumstances behind THAT? Anyone is capable of ANYTHING given the proper motivation, so the question becomes whether or not is willing to do that kind of thing in this fight and still remain in character. Fighting out of character can radically alter the outcome of ANY fight.

Actually, storm by herself took out Dooms armor with a massive lightning bolt. Doom and Arcade together had prep and the xmen got out and defeated them both.
You mean in that BS instance were her power is supposed to rival Phoenix that 2damnloud is always going on about? Because earlier in that same arc...
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/7451/shakesoffstormga4.jpg

And again, that was an obvious instance of PIS due to the fact that Doom didn't utilize his tech that nullifies mutant powers. It's like using an instance of Supes being beaten by someone who lacked superspeed because he didn't fight to the best of his abilities.

Doom usually has prep to begin with and Reed doesn't. In this case, Superman has prep...and he's been shown to be pretty good with prep himself in addition to being massively more powerful than Doom.
And Doom almost never preps to his full ability either. When Doom HAS prepped against the FF the way he should(when well written anyway), he ALWAYS wins until Reed gets prep of his own.

How many instances do you know of where someone with inter dimensional teleportational capabilities has been unable to teleport out of the PZ? I'm not denying that it's happened, I'm just checking.

carver9

Answer this question because i notice something about you. Who under thanos level of power can beat superman and take the majority. Please answer that for me.

Avalonofthewind
Oh see that makes sense. But that sounds a little different than kidnapping the entire population of a foreign country against their will to attack their monarch whom they support. THAT kind of thing sounds COMPLETELY out of character for Supes.

Superman goes for the humane option. He isn't killing them. Doom attacking the USA full force in your manner isn't exactly in character for him either.

And what where the circumstances behind THAT? Anyone is capable of ANYTHING given the proper motivation, so the question becomes whether or not is willing to do that kind of thing in this fight and still remain in character. Fighting out of character can radically alter the outcome of ANY fight.

Taking over the world? Superman thought humanity was going to destroy itself due to Dominus. His robots? They have pretty much always been a part of his folklore. They keep an eye and protect things for him and can look exactly like him.

You mean in that BS instance were her power is supposed to rival Phoenix that 2damnloud is always going on about? Because earlier in that same arc...
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/7451/shakesoffstormga4.jpg

And again, that was an obvious instance of PIS due to the fact that Doom didn't utilize his tech that nullifies mutant powers. It's like using an instance of Supes being beaten by someone who lacked superspeed because he didn't fight to the best of his abilities.

I have no idea about what 2damloud has to do with it.... it was classic xmen and Storm 1 shotted Doom. He had plenty of prep in that arc. It was a massive lightning bolt...but it was still a lightning bolt. Now picture Superman's kryptonian tech that can adapt to anything being sent after Doom.

And Doom almost never preps to his full ability either. When Doom HAS prepped against the FF the way he should(when well written anyway), he ALWAYS wins until Reed gets prep of his own.

And in this case both are getting prep...problem is...Superman has the more advanced tech and is massively more powerful to begin with.

How many instances do you know of where someone with inter dimensional teleportational capabilities has been unable to teleport out of the PZ? I'm not denying that it's happened, I'm just checking.

The White Martians did it due to some kind of undisclosed loophole and it took them millions of years if I remember correctly. Superboy Prime who defies physics, Skeets/Mr Mind who eats universes, Dominus who is an abstract.... It's not common in anyway to get out of the zone.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by carver9
Answer this question because i notice something about you. Who under thanos level of power can beat superman and take the majority. Please answer that for me.

A better question for you would be, is there anyone who wouldnt beat Superman for a majority with you?

TheGame17
superman. doom is overrated, not as much as some characters but enough for me to lose interest.

can someone please show me the "all powerful, magnificent" feats that doom has done?

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by TheGame17
superman. doom is overrated, not as much as some characters but enough for me to lose interest.

can someone please show me the "all powerful, magnificent" feats that doom has done?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/400722_1-dr-doom-respect-thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.