Dc vs Marvel.....not what you think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
no this isnt any sort of battle between any characters from either side. I simply want to know in your honest oppinion which of these two companies do you feel is the most progressive and more realistic and modern, and which do you feel is strickly more kiddy stuff material?

Please provide an explination for your answer on why you feel this way....oh and plese let's not start bashing eachothers comments

Supreme being
Well DC is better affiliated with some companies that do awesome stories and they themselves have had incredible stories as have marvel, but to me it seems DC when they want can turn things up they just have to realise people will buy their comics whether superman wins or not. Instead they keep of fuc.... up their hierarchy having superman challenge people that should be able to blink him out of existence e.g Darksied. Whereas you have Marvel who seem to have a set hierarchy excluding Galactus therefore isolating themselves from ridicule and rolling of the eyes moments.

golem370
Making this thread is just asking for DC/Marvel arguing. I always like Marvel because thats what my brother read. But I like certain DC characters like Superman & Martian Manhunter. Now they're insane characters in both like Wolverine with his jobber aura and the same with Batman. Wolverine having a chance against Hulk,Wendigo or anybody of that power set is retarded. Batman hurting Solomon Grundy and Darkseid is also retarded too.

janus77
DC's always felt very childish, apart from the awesomeness of Batman.
never got into the Superman comics, seemed like dull and simplistic stuff at the time.
The Flash was cool, a few great comic battles, some interesting cross-over issues (with other flashes, other villains etc).

GL stuff was very childish.
Takion was cool, sadly it was very difficult to find his comics at my local.

Marvel generally had the better 'character driven' comics. Spiderman was always an interesting read. X Factor was great. Transformers was fun and childish but was intentionally so.

Punisher was one of my fave comics, alongside the Batman comics and the occasional Surfer comic, when the story was involving.

Surfer was occasionally quite good and the character was definitely aimed at teens/early-twenties types, since there was a lot of meditation on metaphysical stuff - in a very superficial way, of course.

Doom was awesom, across the comics he appeared in.

Hulk was, and remains, a great combination of action and character. psychology and plot. definitely was more kiddie-ish back in the early '80s (I remember the garish hardback annuals and stuff messed).

but Marvel's Heralds and Galactus are disgustingly neglected right now. the stories are more to establish the ascendance of formerly insignificant characters and to appeal to the rising (I guess) kiddy market messed.

Marvel is/was overall, more adult and interesting.

Thanos_THOTU
Why doesnt DC make any good movies?
Spider-man 3, X-men 3 and so forth were awesome.

Superman Returns sucked ash.

Caps Conscience
I have always been more partial to Marvel. I just think the Marvel U is just more realistic.

janus77

lando005
my vote would have to be with marvel their character development has always seemed more realistic to me and more progressive you didnt get aquanted to the character because of his powers or what he could do or who he fight, but rather you get to know them for who they are how they were raised and what's going on in their life. The most evident of which is spider-man that is the key to his appeal every single person can easily sub in their lives in place of peter's and the story would be the exact same. Heck there dosent even have to be any fighting or any building up to some kind of story arc and you would still find his comic an interesting read. It's not just him but most marvel characters in general. And recently their civil war really drove it home for me that was a very adult topic to handle in a comic and they pulled it offf very well. I prefromed a controlled small scaled experiment with my copies of cw and showed them to some of my teachers and other students in my class and we were able to have a serious open ended debate about the whole registration topic. To be able to do this with a comic is showing just how progressive marvel is.

lando005
bump

rotiart

Supreme being
Originally posted by lando005
my vote would have to be with marvel their character development has always seemed more realistic to me and more progressive you didn't get aquanted to the character because of his powers or what he could do or who he fight, but rather you get to know them for who they are how they were raised and what's going on in their life. The most evident of which is spider-man that is the key to his appeal every single person can easily sub in their lives in place of peter's and the story would be the exact same. Heck there dosent even have to be any fighting or any building up to some kind of story arc and you would still find his comic an interesting read. It's not just him but most marvel characters in general. And recently their civil war really drove it home for me that was a very adult topic to handle in a comic and they pulled it offf very well. I prefromed a controlled small scaled experiment with my copies of cw and showed them to some of my teachers and other students in my class and we were able to have a serious open ended debate about the whole registration topic. To be able to do this with a comic is showing just how progressive marvel is.

Civil war has already been done by DC if you didn't catch that its refereed to as kingdom Come.

Juntai
DC has more titles for an adult reader, plain and simple.

guy222
Originally posted by Juntai

I like Marvel. Read DC

guy222
Originally posted by golem370
Making this thread is just asking for DC/Marvel arguing. I always like Marvel because thats what my brother read. But I like certain DC characters like Superman & Martian Manhunter. Now they're insane characters in both like Wolverine with his jobber aura and the same with Batman. Wolverine having a chance against Hulk,Wendigo or anybody of that power set is retarded. Batman hurting Solomon Grundy and Darkseid is also retarded too.

Good pt

Juntai
Originally posted by guy222
I like Marvel. Read DC Anyone can like whatever they want to, I was just stating the truth that DC publishes more adult titles for the intellectual reader.

grey fox
I think the thing which separates both companies drastically didn't happen in the eighties , or even in the nineties but WAAAAAAAAAY back in the mid sixties.

Or to be more precise the chasm between each other is best represented by Bucky and Robin.

Thanos_THOTU
Yeah if you by adult mean sick.

Just because they tear out people's gutt's, eye-ball's etc. doesn't mean that it's for more mature/intelligent reader's.

But yeah usually the art in "adult titles" are a bit better and the plot is a bit more logical.

Juntai
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Yeah if you by adult mean sick.

Just because they tear out people's gutt's, eye-ball's etc. doesn't mean that it's for more mature/intelligent reader's.

But yeah usually the art in "adult titles" are a bit better and the plot is a bit more logical. Take for example, Sandman. Lucifer. Hellblazer. Spectre. Swamp Thing? Pride? Scalped? Kingdom Come?...How many more? I could probably go on for a while.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Supreme being
Civil war has already been done by DC if you didn't catch that its refereed to as kingdom Come.

I thought that was the last Jay-Z album. Happy Dance

Big Sexy
big grin

Juntai
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
I thought that was the last Jay-Z album. Happy Dance The album was actually named after the comic, which Jay Z cited to be one of his favorites. Across the album, he frequently compares himself to the Superman of Kingdom Come. As Superman in the story, retired, then came back.

Big Sexy
The album was actually named after the comic, which Jay Z cited to be one of his favorites. Across the album, he frequently compares himself to the Superman of Kingdom Come. As Superman in the story, retired, then came back. Blueprint was better stick out tongue

Juntai
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Blueprint was better stick out tongue I'm a big Jay Z fan all around.
His progression as an artist has been amazing.

guy222
I'm a big Jay Z fan all around.

Jay is good. Diddy also

Big Sexy
Originally posted by guy222
Jay is good. Diddy also No sick I hate diddy.

His Airness
I'm a big Jay Z fan all around.

I like Cassidy better. ermm

Juntai
Originally posted by His Airness
I like Cassidy better. ermm Cassidy can rhyme no doubt. I like some of his stuff, I got his albums. Somewhere on a disc I should still have the video of him and Freeway battling.... But... I hold Cassidy about the same as I hold guys like Jadakiss. He can spit a hot 16, just not a hot 16 tracks. He's far and away from Jay Z. It's just two different levels.

Lyrically Canibus is the top of the heap however.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
I thought that was the last Jay-Z album. Happy Dance

smart Well you learn something new everyday.

guy222
Originally posted by Big Sexy
No sick I hate diddy.

sad Puff Daddy is ok

lando005
seems threads now and days have a bad habbit of being side tracked

Juntai

Take for example, Sandman. Lucifer. Hellblazer. Spectre. Swamp Thing? Pride? Scalped? Kingdom Come?...How many more? I could probably go on for a while.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.