Thing vs My Idea for a comic book character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Yeah I know it's silly but it's just for fun

Alright my idea a Hercules Beetle character that is a mutant like Spider-Man My character would have a similar encounter but with a Hercules Beetle which would give the the guy the porposinote strength durability of a Hercules beetle. They are considered the strongest animal pound for pound on earth. The Beetle is able to lift 850 times more then they weight. When the guy is stuck with a suringe with the radioactive material he becomes large Beetle/Man mutant maybe 7' 7" and weighting 1,595pounds I will give him enchanced stamina- Enhanced Human: able to sustain for several hours, Demi-Godlike durability- Demi-godlike: able to withstand all injury short of a direct nuclear explosion, Reflexes would be Athlete and Agility would be Athlete. They have a horn on there head, so will the Character it is 3 feet long that protudes from his forehead it's strong enough to withstand him using his head flip a tank. At his size he can't run to fast maybe 18mph for 20 minutes. With him weighting 1,595pounds and lifting 850 times what he weights his strength would be Incalcuable strength but since this a character I made he is able to lift 678 tons

The Prophecy
hmmmmm! Seems like me( the whole my comic character thing)

golem370
I think he would be a cool character

golem370
Super-Beetle would be his name

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by golem370

Like the character don't like the name. But its a cool idea.

The Prophecy
Yeah he seems cool. When did you began working on him ? Do you have any others? You see I'm on the verge of making a comic book character myself However it's on hold right now due to other important things.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Like the character don't like the name. But its a cool idea.
Super-Beetle is too like I don't know..corny! Think of his size a power and or maybe his origin and think about how that could all fit into the name. For example: Galactus, if I were not to know who thi character was I would believe that he was very powerful and great in size, which he is. For goodness sake this guy eats planets! laughing

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/0gal1.jpg

golem370
No the idea for using a Hercules Beetle like Stan used the Spider for Spider-Man has always been in my mind. I can't draw so they're no picks. The other named I had for him was Big F'in Beetle laughing out loud

golem370
Maybe he would be a scientist would created the serum to become a Super-Hero going after bad guys of his style namely Rhino Blob Armadillo Lizard Classic Scorpion etc etc

Caps Conscience
No the idea for using a Hercules Beetle like Stan used the Spider for Spider-Man has always been in my mind. I can't draw so they're no picks. The other named I had for him was Big F'in Beetle laughing out loud

laughing laughing laughing

guy222
Maybe he would be a scientist would created the serum to become a Super-Hero going after bad guys of his style namely Rhino Blob Armadillo Lizard Classic Scorpion etc etc

Good idea smile

Hulk would win

golem370
He wouldn't go down fast he is very strong 678 tons and very durable demi-godlike.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by guy222
Good idea smile

Hulk would win

Good thing he is not fighting the Hulk, Huh.

Alfheim
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Yeah he seems cool. When did you began working on him ? Do you have any others? You see I'm on the verge of making a comic book character myself However it's on hold right now due to other important things.

Ive got an idea for a character but he is based in the Marvel Universe, so I couldnt make it a comic unless I got a job at marvel.

Im not sure if you knew it as well I craeted a thread were I was trying to create my own alternate MU.

Sorry back on topic.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ive got an idea for a character but he is based in the Marvel Universe, so I couldnt make it a comic unless I got a job at marvel.

Im not sure if you knew it as well I craeted a thread were I was trying to create my own alternate MU.

Sorry back on topic.
And where might this thread of yours be. smile

golem370
Thats cool. I have gave it more thought that for fighting skill have boxing skills since he came home 3 years in a role a Olympic Gold Medalist. He keeps his intellgence.

Caps Conscience
I had an Idea for street leveler. I would make him talk with lisp. He learns how to fight as kid because everybody makes fun of him. Basically he would be like luke cage but I wouldn't make him as strong he would be a little smaller and quicker but just as durable. I want to add more dimensions to him but I have to think about it more.

golem370
Do you think he take villains like Roughhouse,Black Tarantula or Bane?

golem370
Caps sorta like Unicorn size,strength and durability?

Alfheim
Do you think he take villains like Roughhouse,Black Tarantula or Bane?

he staken Bane and roughhouse dont know about BT.

grey fox
"The Big bad Beetle"

golem370
Here he is 7foot7 1,595lbs strength 678tons 3time boxing gold medalist and smarts of a evolutionary biologist/Zoologist

Caps Conscience
Caps sorta like Unicorn size,strength and durability?

Maybe I really don't know much about Unicorn. I thought of something else for the character would have him where special gloves, that when he punches people I couses a mini explosion upon impact.

The Prophecy
Since the beetle is known to be somewhat durable and big in size how about Vigon or maybe manipulate the beetle's scientific name which is "Coleoptera" At least kep the first trhee or four letters.
Coleo
Coleop
Coleodial
etc.....

Caps Conscience
Here he is 7foot7 1,595lbs strength 678tons 3time boxing gold medalist and smarts of a evolutionary biologist/Zoologist

I think this guy would take thing. How tough is he? Will he fold in a long drawn out fight?

Caps Conscience
Since the beetle is known to be somewhat durable and big in size how about Vigon or maybe manipulate the beetle's scientific name which is "Coleoptera"
Coleo
Coleop
Coleodial
etc.....

I like the first one.

golem370
Demi-godlike: able to withstand all injury short of a direct nuclear explosion

guy222
He wouldn't go down fast he is very strong 678 tons and very durable demi-godlike.

Poor Hulk big grin

Mindship
Please, no. Even "Beetleman" would be better.

My 2-cents worth? How about something like, Dynastus? This is a slight variation on the latin name for the Eastern Hercules Beetle.
http://www.stephencresswell.com/s/dynastes.html

If not that, use an online translator and see what words you get when you translate "beetle" or "Hercules beetle" into other languages.
http://www.freetranslation.com/

golem370
stamina- Enhanced Human: able to sustain for several hours

Caps Conscience
Oh I have say that this thread is a very good.

guy222
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Oh I have say that this thread is a very good.

Golem makes good threads

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Mindship
Please, no. Even "Beetleman" would be better.

My 2-cents worth? How about something like, Dynastus? This is a slight variation on the latin name for the Eastern Hercules Beetle.
http://www.stephencresswell.com/s/dynastes.html

If not that, use an online translator and see what words you get when you translate "beetle" or "Hercules beetle" into other languages.
http://www.freetranslation.com/

Dynastus sounds dynamical. roll eyes (sarcastic) I like it.

golem370
Dynastes hercules for a name

Alfheim

meh no. I think something like roughouse would be good NOT roughhouse but soemthing similar.

The Prophecy

I'm sorry but I'll have to agree with Alfiem. Dynastus would do just fine.
Describe this guys personality.

golem370
Homo Dynastes & Tank Beetle

golem370
Supreme Beetle

Alfheim
Homo Dynastes & Tank Beetle

I like Tank Beetle and Dynastes. I prefer Tank Beetle, makes him sound like a bad mutha*****.

Hell give the guy a cigar a trenchcoat and a hat.

Alfheim
Supreme Beetle

Noooo Tank Beetle sounds badass.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by guy222
Golem makes good threads
God, I'm jealosus !

Alfheim
I might post my idea for a character later.

The Prophecy
Noooo Tank Beetle sounds badass. thumb up yes

golem370
Two more names Alpha Beetle or Omega Beetle I like these names

Alfheim
thumb up yes

You know it. Im thinking give him an army sort of outfit. You know big old army boots camouflage trousers trun the guy into a mean b******.

I still think Tank Beetle is the best.

Caps Conscience

If a have to choose out of these two I go with the first. But Tank Beetle is hot.

The Prophecy
I might post my idea for a character later.
Yeah everyone's starting to get tired of Qezel. That's one of the reasons why I have on hold. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alfheim
Yeah everyone's starting to get tired of Qezel. That's one of the reasons why I have on hold. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MMM maybe next week. Ive said that before lol.

Caps Conscience

Da F*CK

Alfheim
Looks like evreyone likes Tank Beetle.

Caps Conscience

Tank Beetle gives him a little bit of a personality.

Mindship
Tank Beetle...not bad. Also good: Omega Beetle / Beetle Omega

How about "Basher?" I mean, this guy's basically a brick, right?

golem370
Tank Beetle's bio

Intelligence: Genius
Strength: Incalculable Strength
Speed: Enhanced Human
Stamina: Metahuman
Durability: Demi-Godlike
Agility: Athlete
Reflexes: Athlete

Fighting Skills: 3 time Gold Medalist in Boxing

Super Physical Powers: Superhuman strength, stamina, and durability

Alright my idea a Hercules Beetle character that is a mutant like Spider-Man My character would have a similar encounter but with a Hercules Beetle which would give the the guy the propionate strength durability of a Hercules beetle. They are considered the strongest animal pound for pound on earth. The Beetle is able to lift 850 times more then they weight. When the guy uses the syringe with the radioactive material he becomes large Beetle/Man mutant maybe 7'foot 7"inches and weighting 1,595pounds I will give him enchanced stamina- Enhanced Human: able to sustain for several hours, Demi-Godlike durability- Demi-godlike: able to withstand all injury short of a direct nuclear explosion, Reflexes would be Athlete and Agility would be Athlete. They have a horn on there head, so will the Character it is 3 feet long that protrudes from his forehead it's strong enough to withstand him using his head flip a tank. At his size he can't run to fast maybe 40 mph for 20 minutes. With him weighting 1,595pounds and lifting 850 times what he weights his strength would be Incalculable strength but since this a character I made he is able to lift 678 tons

The Prophecy
Yeah maybe I should change Qezel's name!

Alfheim
Nah the names fine.

Mindship
Tank Beetle's bio
Agility: Athlete

We need some kind of pic of this guy. Beetles (especially those named Tank) don't strike me as being exactly agile, but you might be able to get around that with a pic.

golem370
Yeah maybe I should change Qezel's name!

Thanks for the name. Now If only I could get somebody like Ron Lim to draw this character. and then I could sell the idea to Marvel or Image stick out tongue

Alfheim
Thanks for the name. Now If only I could get somebody like Ron Lim to draw this character. and then I could sell the idea to Marvel or Image stick out tongue
laughing out loud

The Prophecy

golem370
I would say he could do a standing jump of 50 feet I will change his speed to equal Armadillo's or Rhino's but with better brakes then Rhino.

The Prophecy

golem370
Cool. My first character silly

Here is SoulTaker a New Being

SoulTaker

Intelligence Immeasurable
Strength Immeasurable
Flight Speed Warp Speed
Speed Light Speed
Stamina Immeasurable
Durability Total Indestructible
Reflexes Metahuman
Agility Metahuman

Powers Soul Killer Vast Cosmic power with a Variety of uses Time travel Matter Manipulation Cosmic Awareness Virtually Immortal Manipulator of black matter gravity molecules atoms and strings

Mental Powers Vast pysonic powers telepathy telekinesis and more to many to list

Height 15foot
Weight Uknown

golem370
You are a good drawer maybe one day you draw Tank Beetle

Alfheim
Yeah I guess your right. It's just hard to do something unique these days. Everyone said that that his origin was too familiar.

Yeah thats what they always say. The thing is you can never truly create an original character because all the ideas are done.

Unfortuantely my character is too similar to blade but as far as im concerned there are some really interetsing additions.

The Prophecy
You are a good drawer maybe one day you draw Tank Beetle
I don't know! Maybe.

The Prophecy
Yeah thats what they always say. the thing is you can never truly create an original character because all the ideas are done.

True it's just the way you portray your character(s). That makes them interesting. I hope your paying attention Golem, cool ! I really need to tak my own advice. I mean was Qezel's origin interesting enough?

golem370
My image would look alot like this with a Horn and maybe or maybe not the pincers.He would have Human feet and hands

This is a picture of a Umber Hulk 8foot 5foot wide

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/untitled-12.jpg

Alfheim
True it's just the way you portray your character(s). That makes them interesting. I hope your paying attention Golem, cool ! I really need to tak my own advice. I mean was Qezel's origin interesting enough?

Well my problem is that hes too powerful. Its like this... I didnt think the origin was crap but it didnt really touch me, but I think thats because im more of a street leveler man, not because it was crap.

Ive done thread with my character now.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/452608_1-my-idea-for-a-character-vs-wolverine

My image would look alot like this with a Horn and maybe or maybe not the pincers.He would have Human feet and hands

This is a picture of a Umber Hulk 8foot 5foot wide

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/untitled-12.jpg

Seriously you should try making him more human. Especially with a name like Tank Beetle make him Mr fixit like.

The Prophecy
Hmmmm! I'm thinking!

Juntai
Cool. My first character silly

Here is SoulTaker a New Being

SoulTaker

Intelligence Immeasurable
Strength Immeasurable
Flight Speed Warp Speed
Speed Light Speed
Stamina Immeasurable
Durability Total Indestructible
Reflexes Metahuman
Agility Metahuman

Powers Soul Killer Vast Cosmic power with a Variety of uses Time travel Matter Manipulation Cosmic Awareness Virtually Immortal Manipulator of black matter gravity molecules atoms and strings

Mental Powers Vast pysonic powers telepathy telekinesis and more to many to list

Height 15foot
Weight Uknown You mean, he's all powerful, all knowing, invincible, can do pretty much anything?
Sounds like an awesome character to read about.

The Prophecy
Well my problem is that hes too powerful. Its like this... I didnt think the origin was crap but it didnt really touch me, but I think thats because im more of a street leveler man, not because it was crap.

Ive done thread with my character now.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/452608_1-my-idea-for-a-character-vs-wolverine

Seriously you should try making him more human. Especially with a name like Tank Beetle make him Mr fixit like.

Well of course to make it more interesting he isnt going to start off that powerful. There's also two different versions of him.

golem370
Like is but no armor but beetle armor. He would be human and his arms legs hands feet and face would look human but proportionately as durable as the Beetle.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/untitled-17.jpg

The Prophecy
Hmmmm.! Still thinking

Alfheim
Like is but no armor but beetle armor. He would be human and his arms legs hands feet and face would look human but proportionately as durable as the Beetle.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/untitled-17.jpg

Looks too much like Rhino there.

golem370
Yeah just giving an idea of what I am think he would look like

Alfheim

Oh ok.

The Prophecy
Looks too much like Rhino there.

Looks like a Mecha-Rhino!

golem370
It's Ulimate Rhino he is 8foot 1250pounds and has somewhere between 25-75 tons level strength.

The Prophecy

Ah I see what you mean! Is that how big you want him?

golem370
Maybe like this instead

Amphbion- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/amphbion.htm

golem370
yeah

The Prophecy
yeah ok almost done thinking!

Mindship
IMO, since comics is a visual medium, the most important thing about a character is their appearance, with the name coming in second, followed by powers. This can then inspire the rest: personality, origin and especially story setting.

Alfheim
Maybe like this instead

Amphbion- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/amphbion.htm

Thats not bad at all.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Mindship
IMO, since comics is a visual medium, the most important thing about a character is their appearance, with the name coming in second, followed by powers. This can then inspire the rest: personality, origin and especially story setting.

Well does this look eye catching enough?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/0Qezela.gif

Alfheim
Yeah it does but it looks abit homo erotic, but thats ok....if you like that sort of thing....

The Prophecy
Yeah it does but it looks abit homo erotic, but thats ok....if you like that sort of thing....

Ummmmmmmmm! that's not really what I pictured it as! huh I just liked the angel.

Alfheim
Ummmmmmmmm! that's not really what I pictured it as! huh I just liked the angel.

Yeah I know it just remind me a KMC member...Godess Kali..not your fault sorry. I dunno some people might see it like that.

I dont think I got a dirty mind but some people are like that. Its like in the Lord of the rings there are two freinds called Sam and Frodo, because they were good friends people started asking wether they were gay. When the whole bloody point was that they were really good friends!

The Prophecy
Yeah I know it just remind me a KMC member...Godess Kali..not your fault sorry. I dunno some people might see it like that.

I dont think I got a dirty mind but some people are like that. Its like in the Lord of the rings there are two freinds called Sam and Frodo, because they were good friends people started asking wether they were gay. When the whole bloody point was that they were really good friends!
True I see your point!

golem370
Here is another idea he makes some blue prints for a upper body harness that has three 8 inch blaster grafted to the back one behind each shoulder and one in the middle of the back and asks Tony Stark if he could design it and of course he does. The harness while very durable is lite weight and gives Tank Beetle flying capable the blaster give him subsonic speed flight after some extensive practice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.