Doomsday vs. Thanos (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGame17
this is the hunter/prey doomsday and he is given an additional life in this fight, meaning that if thanos kills him, he'll come back.

thanos has only himself. no weaponry or gauntlets, just his own raw power.

is this a close fight, or not at all?

Juntai
Barring battlefield removal, Doomsday wins.

Mider999
nope, he'd eventually become immune to the power cosmic, he'd also evolve with his muscle so he had the power to match thanos's strength of even overcome it, then if need be, he'd evolve to the point where he had power enough to hurt thanos like he did that energy being.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Juntai
Barring battlefield removal, Doomsday wins.

ya u can't run from the battlefield. oh yeah the location is at thanos's lair or headquarters or wutever so thanos knows the battlefield pretty well.

Juntai
Originally posted by TheGame17
ya u can't run from the battlefield. oh yeah the location is at thanos's lair or headquarters or wutever so thanos knows the battlefield pretty well. I didn't mean run so much as Thanos trying to teleport Doomsday away or something.
If he tries to fight Doomsday straight up, he loses.

lordboo
they Armageddon creature ftw

Galan007
H/P DD beat the shit out of Superman /w/ a Motherbox, Waverider, and Darkseid, .

The only option they had to defeat DD was to dump him straight into Entropy.

Is Thanos more of a threat then that? Doubtful. erm

As Juntai said, barring BFR..

DD takes this.

Lethal_Rise
DD ftw giving CURRENT rules.

FearOfBlood
any version of DD owns any version of Thanos

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
any version of DD owns any version of Thanos

no expression Thanos w/ IG vs DOSDoomsday

quanchi112
alright first off heres the deal superman is dcs poster boy which makes them look ridiculous cuz he usually wins wins no matter how bad the circumstances but lets face facts silver surfer would crush superman and therefore if thanos always beats surfers ass he would win against these odds against a superman villain who superman always wins against lest we forget thanos has stood toe to toe with odin and tyrant doomsday is poor mans hulk

TheGame17
Originally posted by quanchi112
alright first off heres the deal superman is dcs poster boy which makes them look ridiculous cuz he usually wins wins no matter how bad the circumstances but lets face facts silver surfer would crush superman and therefore if thanos always beats surfers ass he would win against these odds against a superman villain who superman always wins against lest we forget thanos has stood toe to toe with odin and tyrant doomsday is poor mans hulk

hunter/prey doomsday would own silver surfer.

Juntai
alright first off heres the deal superman is dcs poster boy which makes them look ridiculous cuz he usually wins wins no matter how bad the circumstances but lets face facts silver surfer would crush superman and therefore if thanos always beats surfers ass he would win against these odds against a superman villain who superman always wins against lest we forget thanos has stood toe to toe with odin and tyrant doomsday is poor mans hulk Never read a Superman comic, I take it?

llagrok
hunter/prey doomsday would own silver surfer.

They did a pretty shitty job of portraying Darkseid in hunter/prey if you ask me. I can't really imagine Doomsday being a real threat to him.

Thanos is far too powerful for Doomsday. DD wouldn't win this, not without dying 5 times at least.

lordboo
h/p doomsday would rip hulk a new ass hole mad

TheGame17
Originally posted by llagrok
They did a pretty shitty job of portraying Darkseid in hunter/prey if you ask me. I can't really imagine Doomsday being a real threat to him.

Thanos is far too powerful for Doomsday. DD wouldn't win this, not without dying 5 times at least.

y wouldn't dd be a threat to him? superman has always been a threat to darkseid.

if thanos does win, he will certainly be extremely damaged afterwards.

Priest
I doubt that DD would be able to hurt Thanos. this would result in a stailmate barring a bfr.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Priest
I doubt that DD would be able to hurt Thanos. this would result in a stailmate barring a bfr.

ya but doomsday gets an extra life in this fight. he'll be immune to wutever first killed him.

Avalonofthewind
Doomsday wins. Thanos isn't in HP Doomsday class.

What's the extra life for? If anything, it should be given to Thanos..he'll need it more.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Doomsday wins. Thanos isn't in HP Doomsday class.

What's the extra life for? If anything, it should be given to Thanos..he'll need it more.

i dunno, i just added it in case thanos fans would completely disregard doomsday's power.

Avalonofthewind
i dunno, i just added it in case thanos fans would completely disregard doomsday's power.

Contrary to popular belief...Thanos is alive and well.. here he is seen in one of his rare public appearances.

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2007/01/09/mn_macworld_caps104.jpg

Here he is as always showing his insane prep and gadgetry. His reality distortion field in comics seems to work in real life as well.

DD still wins though. wink

TheGame17
Contrary to popular belief...Thanos is alive and well.. here he is seen in one of his rare public appearances.

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2007/01/09/mn_macworld_caps104.jpg

Here he is as always showing his insane prep and gadgetry. His reality distortion field in comics seems to work in real life as well.

DD still wins though. wink

lol did u get that from google? i think i saw that before.

Avalonofthewind
lol did u get that from google? i think i saw that before.

The picture was found on google.

And yes...Steve jobs would pwn Thanos in prep anytime. smile

jinzin
DD kicks the crud out of thanos..

By the time hunter prey came out DD was impervious to physical AND energy attacks.. what's that leave Thanos with?

Aside from BFR options? Nothin. no expression

TheGame17
Originally posted by jinzin

By the time hunter prey came out DD was impervious to physical AND energy attacks.. what's that leave Thanos with?

well, he can't be killed by the same extent of power, but he can be killed again if the power is greater, such as when he got fried to a skeleton by impiriex in "our worlds at war", which was a much more powerful energy blast compared to "the radient" in hunter/prey.

so i guess the question is, since doomsday survived the omega effect from darkseid, is there anything greater that thanos can dish out?

doomsday49
awww man, two of my boys going at it. Considering the scenario, i'd say doomsday.

jinzin
well, he can't be killed by the same extent of power, but he can be killed again if the power is greater, such as when he got fried to a skeleton by impiriex in "our worlds at war", which was a much more powerful energy blast compared to "the radient" in hunter/prey.

so i guess the question is, since doomsday survived the omega effect from darkseid, is there anything greater that thanos can dish out?

faulty... Radiant used pure energy before to kill doomsday, there's no greater amount that could have been used.. In hunter prey windrider tried to do the same and all he got was feedback, on top of that DD shrugged off the omega beams.. what Imperiex used was a disintigration beam which i think has different properties and effects than some random energy bolt or blast.

superman was A LOT stronger in hunter prey then the limitations that Byrne put on the character, and he was even upgraded by motherbox... but his strength increase didn't matter since DD already adapted to it.

Mider999
i dont think that thanos could kill DD at all even in this version even with out lives see even imperiex could not do it, yes he was reduced to bone but if you read wiki it says he'd have regenerated anyway it would have just taken him WAY longer.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Mider999
i dont think that thanos could kill DD at all even in this version even with out lives see even imperiex could not do it, yes he was reduced to bone but if you read wiki it says he'd have regenerated anyway it would have just taken him WAY longer.

well this version (hunter/prey) is actually before impiriex killed him, so he is not immune to that level of attack.

llagrok
Originally posted by jinzin

If that was so then he wouldn't get knocked the FOCK out during infinite Crisis.

Thanos has more than 2 ways of killing this guy.

Avalonofthewind
If that was so then he wouldn't get knocked the FOCK out during infinite Crisis.

He was ko'd by Kal-l...the same guy who's 1 shotted PC Superman.

That's not a low point by any means....especially when added to "our" standard Supes simultaneously.

Thanos would have been KO'd quickly as well.

quanchi112
lets see here thanos smarters son of a ***** in comics vs dumbest sob alive and thanos is powerful hmmmmmmmmmmmm i think thanos wins

jinzin

doomsday rex... who's a different beast than dd especially hunter/prey dd, which is irrelivent to this thread. no expression

TheGame17
lets see here thanos smarters son of a ***** in comics vs dumbest sob alive and thanos is powerful hmmmmmmmmmmmm i think thanos wins

did u read my first post? this is the hunter/prey doomsday plus he has an extra life in case thanos kills him once.

if you don't know hunter/prey, then go to wikipedia.org i think you'll be impressed. he beat the shit out of darkseid and the only way they beat him was by placing doomsday at the end of time.

Symmetric Chaos
He was ko'd by Kal-l...the same guy who's 1 shotted PC Superman.

Isn't Kal-L PCSuperman?

quanchi112
yes i fully understand anyways he beat an avatar of darkseid when his back was turned already know this and even if he beat darkseid darkseid isnt that bad ass when it comes to mixing it up and it doesnt change the fact thanos is brilliant and doomsay reads at a first grade level

TheGame17
yes i fully understand anyways he beat an avatar of darkseid when his back was turned already know this and even if he beat darkseid darkseid isnt that bad ass when it comes to mixing it up and it doesnt change the fact thanos is brilliant and doomsay reads at a first grade level

just because he can't read doesn't mean he's automatically retarded. besides, intelligence isn't everything.

he survived the omega effect, and i think it's stupid when people come to darkseid's rescue. people always give excuses when he gets beat like "oh, well he was sick on that day and didn't move very fast" or
"he decided not to be powerful on that day so he got beaten because he wanted to" or
"darkseid had a rock up his ass at the time and felt uncomfortable so he was distracted" or
"darkseid was in the offseason and hadn't been working out very much" or
"darkseid lost 50% of his power because that's the only logical explanation because no one less than God can defeat Darkseid." roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
i agree with u in the fact a retcon is cheap but in my mind heres the deal darkseid isnt anything special to me and is way overrated so ill give u he beat his ass hes not much of a fighter anyways and thanos is one of the baddest guys i have ever seen mentally and physically so he has the edge and ur right intelligence isnt everything but he has brains and might to do almost anything he puts his mind to that is why he would win

Magee
"darkseid had a rock up his ass at the time and felt uncomfortable so he was distracted". The truth.

quanchi112
i read up on new gods run and a lot of darkseid stuff recently briefly and he didnt impress me at all how some people rush to his aid i agree with u fully in that respect to me hes like brett favre throw what 18 picks and 18 tds in same year and they say he still has it lol he can do no wrong well i say bullcrap he darkseid isnt a doer and is more like a oh look out hes ultimate evil kinda guy as he sits there and does nothing lol

TheGame17
i agree with u in the fact a retcon is cheap but in my mind heres the deal darkseid isnt anything special to me and is way overrated so ill give u he beat his ass hes not much of a fighter anyways and thanos is one of the baddest guys i have ever seen mentally and physically so he has the edge and ur right intelligence isnt everything but he has brains and might to do almost anything he puts his mind to that is why he would win

ya that is true. they say his greatest weapon is his intellect. it's just doomsday has really been able to stand up to intelligent people. after all, people forget this but superman is extremely intelligent. even he wasn't able to beat doomsday.

thanos can't leave the battlefield either. he has no weaponry. it's just him and his raw power vs. dd.

quanchi112
yes i understand this but thanos thinks so quickly on his feet and adapts spur of the moment and his raw power is way more than supermans hed crush superman because he crushes silver surfer and surfers power is way more than superman

TheGame17
yes i understand this but thanos thinks so quickly on his feet and adapts spur of the moment and his raw power is way more than supermans hed crush superman because he crushes silver surfer and surfers power is way more than superman

ya, but the same can be said with doomsday. he's greater than superman. i also think he'd overpower the surfer as well.

quanchi112
yes but my point is thanos has the edge because he is smarter than doomsday and can toe to toe with him dont forget he went toe to toe with thor when he had the power gem pretty damn impressive and thanos was also having fun

TheGame17
yes but my point is thanos has the edge because he is smarter than doomsday and can toe to toe with him dont forget he went toe to toe with thor when he had the power gem pretty damn impressive and thanos was also having fun

i just don't see him winning. an all-out brawl with doomsday will leave him pretty damaged and even if thanos kills him, doomsday will be back to 100% and immune to what killed him, while thanos will still be exausted.

remember, thanos fought a low-powered tyrant straight up and had to retreat eventually.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Isn't Kal-L PCSuperman?

He's one of them. He's technically the original one... He ko'd the superman who sneezes galaxies away which is the one most people associate as pc superman.

i just don't see him winning. an all-out brawl with doomsday will leave him pretty damaged and even if thanos kills him, doomsday will be back to 100% and immune to what killed him, while thanos will still be exausted.

remember, thanos fought a low-powered tyrant straight up and had to retreat eventually.

Doomsday also has the ability to evolve on the fly and gets stronger as he gets angrier.

quanchi112
yes i understand doomsday evovles on the fly but ur putting him against an all out brwaler who messes shit up who is at the top of his class hed figure out a way to put doomsday down permanaemtly then clone himself and have a doomdsay slash thanos clone

TricksterPriest
yes i understand doomsday evovles on the fly but ur putting him against an all out brwaler who messes shit up who is at the top of his class hed figure out a way to put doomsday down permanaemtly then clone himself and have a doomdsay slash thanos clone

............Please stop talking. You're giving me a headache trying to figure out your shitty convoluted logic. thumb down With prep, of course Thanos would beat DD. I give him that much credit.

But in a straight fight? ARE YOU NUTS?! What the f**k? DD would beat Thanos, H/P DD was beating Superman, Waverider, a DS avatar, and half of Apokolips. That SOB was ungodly powerful. He's DD's 2nd strongest incarnation.

quanchi112
ok so doomsday beat a lot of parademons asses and darkseids avatar. big whoop. thanos almost tore asgard in two going one on one with odin. that is a feat. when silver surfer drax and warlock got involved they were swatted down like the flies they were but not thanos. thanos also took on thor with the power gem which is more of a headache than doomsday anyday. two impressive feats that are better than waverider avatar of darkseid and parademon wimps in my book

TheGame17
ok so doomsday beat a lot of parademons asses and darkseids avatar. big whoop. thanos almost tore asgard in two going one on one with odin. that is a feat. when silver surfer drax and warlock got involved they were swatted down like the flies they were but not thanos. thanos also took on thor with the power gem which is more of a headache than doomsday anyday. two impressive feats that are better than waverider avatar of darkseid and parademon wimps in my book

so u think superman is a "parademon wimp?" last time i checked, wimps don't go toe to toe with a guy that could only be defeated by sending him to the end of time. Can thanos defeat him that way? no.

TheGame17
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
............Please stop talking. You're giving me a headache trying to figure out your shitty convoluted logic. thumb down With prep, of course Thanos would beat DD. I give him that much credit.

But in a straight fight? ARE YOU NUTS?! What the f**k? DD would beat Thanos, H/P DD was beating Superman, Waverider, a DS avatar, and half of Apokolips. That SOB was ungodly powerful. He's DD's 2nd strongest incarnation.

what's his most powerful incarnation?

TheGame17

it's not just about what he did in hunter/prey. the feats he did prior should also be in account. before he came to earth,
he killed over 100 green lanterns,
killed one of the guardians of the universe,
and fought the "real"darkseid to a standstill.
this happened even before he fought superman for the first time. so ya by the time he's in hunter/prey he's evolved that much.

quanchi112
oh to the end of time lame ass plot device. doomsday geats beat everytime he shows up just like the next guy. evertyime he shows up superman puts him down. hes not that special to me. i still look it at this way if superman can put him down so can thanos. thanos is like a beserker in one on one combat and twice the thinker than superman

Estacado
oh to the end of time lame ass plot device. doomsday geats beat everytime he shows up just like the next guy. evertyime he shows up superman puts him down. hes not that special to me. i still look it at this way if superman can put him down so can thanos. thanos is like a beserker in one on one combat and twice the thinker than superman
Yeah Superman puts him down with plot devices......except for Rex.

Avalonofthewind

Enough with the fanboy excuse...Thanos loses.

By what you're going...if we dropped you in an ultimate fighting ring...you would win by figuring something out in the ring as the thai kickboxer is whooping you?

Doubtful.

Just admit you love Marvel and always want to see them win...you won't be the only one on these boards.

TricksterPriest
what's his most powerful incarnation?

IMO, the strongest incarnation was Gog Wars aka Doomsday Wars DD. Sentient, and with full control of his powers. Basically, the full power of H/P DD with the brains to use it. He smashed an army of skyfather level beings.

quanchi112
i admit who i believe would win in this fight one of the toughest one on one fighters in thanos who is also one of the most brilliant adapt and think on ur feet son of a bitches ever vs a killing machine that evolves faster than shit. i dont give a shit waht ur saying i take someone who can think and also beat ass against a dumb animal

Juntai
So you'd take Rampage Jackson over a rhino then?

Big Sexy
So you'd take Rampage Jackson over a rhino then? I bet Chuck liddel wishes he could take the rhino now. wink

quanchi112
wait a minute if rampage had powers yes did u see him crush liddell in half a round

Juntai
Yeah, I ordered the Pay-Per-View.
I like Rampage a lot.
Chuck is my second favorite fighter.

Hughes is my guy though.

Big Sexy
Yeah, I ordered the Pay-Per-View.
I like Rampage a lot.
Chuck is my second favorite fighter.

Hughes is my guy though. Randy Couture rock

quanchi112
figures u like hughes i hate him and was glad he got beat.

quanchi112
back to thanos vs darkseid i know a lot of his showings not all. but i think he is way overrated that is why i started this thread. i have seen in forums people saying hes like a skyfather hed crush him. but darkseid is not that great of a fighter. thanos takes guys on tougher than him for shits and giggles. darkseid runs and panics. he seems as if all talk little action. i know he has been around a long time and done many great things but to me he is a stiff who rarely gets down and dirty. i mean thanos with the quest and all that. amazing stuff. he just got involved in annihilation cuz he was bored with life in a way and wanted to see how it would play out. i mean he punked the beyonder in his series. granted beyonder was kinda goofy and powered down but still is tough as nails. thanos to me is the epitome of a successful villain. he does what he wants and usually rather quickly.

quanchi112
whoops i entered this in wrong thread d'oh

TheGame17
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
IMO, the strongest incarnation was Gog Wars aka Doomsday Wars DD. Sentient, and with full control of his powers. Basically, the full power of H/P DD with the brains to use it. He smashed an army of skyfather level beings.

that's impressive.

TheGame17

i already responded to this, but just in case u didn't read this, read it again:

it's not just about what he did in hunter/prey. the feats he did prior should also be in account. before he came to earth,
he killed over 100 green lanterns,
killed one of the guardians of the universe,
and fought the "real"darkseid to a standstill.
this happened even before he fought superman for the first time. so ya by the time he's in hunter/prey he's evolved that much.

TheGame17

when it's a superman comic, superman has to win because he's the good guy. that's the only reason superman ever beats doomsday.

so how do u suppose they beat doomsday without sending him to the end of time? do they get every single member of the justice league to randomly teleport to apokolipsto help supes? does the "real" darkseid randomly appear and obliterate him?
not exactly what i call "good writing."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.