Tourney Match 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober

darthgoober

King_Mungi
You incorrectly copied and pasted some urls, they don't work

darthgoober

darthgoober

darthgoober
Due to an miscount on MY part, leo's opeining ended up being over the post limit by JUST over 100 characters, because I messed up with the initial count, the additional post won't count against his total. Sorry...

SpunkySmurph
All of the ones that have "..." in them need to be repasted. KMC will still automatically shorten it (which is the reason it isn't working here), but the original should be easily obtained by quoting the post and copying the link into your address bar from there.

smile

darthgoober
Originally posted by King_Mungi
You incorrectly copied and pasted some urls, they don't work
Shit, give me a minute to try to fix them.

Entity

illadelph12
Interesting...

Entity

DarkCrawler
Bump - I am one of the judges, by the way.

illadelph12
Can we get these pinned?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by illadelph12
Can we get these pinned?

No.

stick out tongue

leonidas
hehe. i have a feeling a certain someone has been feeding you a couple scans and a little information . . . i wonder why he would do that . . .? shifty

anywho, to address your points:

1. the shield breach by shrapnel: you DO know shrapnel was strong enough to hang toe-to-toe with superman, right . . .? shrapnel breaking through does NOT equal darkrage breaking through. erm

2. shield v radioactivity: just curious -- what type of radiation was it exactly that prevented the shield's formation? any idea? i'll field that one! NO! you have no idea, because . . . it was never stated! what IS known, is that later, an amped shield was set to block the detonation of a NUCLEAR BOMB.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/742/shieldxx1.th.jpg

not sure how much you know about nuclear armaments, but they give off . . . rather large amounts of radiation of ALL types. if the shield had a weakness to radiation, having her raise even an amped one to stop a nuclear bomb probably isn't a very good idea. and just because the shield is amped, does NOT mean it would eliminate the weakness. sun-dipped superman can STILL be killed by kryptonite.

so, getting back to the point -- that scan you . . . 'found' either: shows a very exotic form of radiation affecting the shield (a type NOT given off by a nuclear bomb), or it shows an unknown form of radiation simply preventing her RAISING the shield in the first place (could very well be that if the shield was ALREADY up it would have been unaffected by the radiation -- we have no way of knowing for sure) or it was simply a bit of PIS to allow her to show off another of her powers. but, since you've got the scans handy, you'll probably know what ability i'm talking about. wink

3. vibranium radiation v the shield: blink first, i already went over the whole radiation angle. to now try and claim that the trace amounts of radiation in your claws and suit would be enough to somehow penetrate my shields isn't . . . a very strong argument. to say it would give off next to zero radiation would be generous. you're comparing the radiation from your suit with the VIBRANIUM MOUND in wakanda?! a veritable mountain of vibranium that has been present for thousands of years? sheer volume and length of exposure to a vibranium MOUNTAIN explains the reason for what is happening to the flora and fauna in wakanda. in the amounts it exists on your person, its effects would be less than negligible.

i don't blame you for trying though, because, frankly, you have no options BUT to make these enormous leaps. you and i both know very well you have no way to penetrate my shields. unfortunately for you, the fields WILL work just fine. you can't get through them, and you can't do a single thing when you are trapped within them.

4. the extra arms: you say rogue has copied the physical properties of people she has touched before, so it's not really spiral's mind that brought the arms to rogue, but rather it was rogue's power that allowed the arms to exist. problem with this? if what you say is true, there would be 2 cybernetic arms attached to rogue. the rogue body HAS no cybernetic arms. no the arms are a property of spiral's supernatural power. spiral possessed rogue, simple as that. she's just . . . weird, and does a lot of strange things. her mind was transferred to rogue when contact was made. on-panel evidence shows clearly that when the transfer happened, rogue gained 4 extra arms. cut and dry. when spiral's mind left, so did the arms.

as for rogue's manifesting wolverine's claws -- in maximum security, she absorbed the powers of a skrull (shape-shifter). the absorption threw her all out of whack and since then, she has had the ability to, at times, manifest/replicate the physical properties of those she touches.
the scan i showed you was WELL before the maximum security arc. do you have proof she manifests physical characteristics (ie -- the claws) before the max security arc . . .?

all right, pleasantries dealt with:

important things NOT to lose sight of:

the forcefields will certainly work. darkrage did precisely what i said he would -- he speedblitzed me, and even suggested he flashbanged. to flashbang, he needs to stop. in that moment, i teleport to him, wrap him in the shields, hold him with my 6 arms and finish him by stabbing, or i let him suffocate.

or, i watch him charge my shield. if he tries to pound on it, which it seems he thinks would be very effective, feeling his, er, 'vibranium radiation punches' could get through, he's disappointed when he can't but the feeling is short lived as he is wrapped in fields and finished off quickly.

or, i sit in my forcefield, watch him veer off to . . . wherever, then, using my senses, i teleport IN FRONT OF HIM (like she did in the scan above) but this time, instead of sticking out her foot, she punches him with 3 cl100 arms (he would most definitely NOT be expecting me to appear in front of him) sending him flying back. she then simply ports again, behind him this time, wraps him in a bear-hug and . . . well, you know the rest. wink

or, she tracks him with her senses, just ports straight TO HIM, wraps him up, and . . .

or, i simply stop screwing around and do this:

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2456/freezevm6.th.jpg

and while you're frozen i either blaster you several times with my blaster arms, to stun you then teleport behind you to finish you, or i release the spell AS i teleport and i'm on you before you can get away. again, instaneous motion>>mach 10. erm oh, and the spell has ALREADY been approved by goob.

once again, kali is simply too versatile for darkrage. he has no way to get through my shields. his 'vibranium radiation' is a desperate attempt to find a way because he knows there IS no way. he has also failed to show how he could avoid simply being tracked and taken out by my senses and teleportation. again, because there IS no way to avoid it. somehow, it seems he feels he has a speed advantage. but, to one who can anticipate movements and TELEPORT, his speed is meaningless and wherever he tries to go, i can beat him there. actually, I'M the one with the motion advantage.

lastly, on a personal note: entity, i've never at anytime given the illusion of NOT using b8's powers. i have CONSTANTLY defended the use of the b8 scans through several threads, i have confirmation from goob stating he KNEW i was drafting the ANDROID powers (not just indy's powers -- the ANDROID'S powers) and i've constantly referred to her through many threads as BOTH indy AND b8. besides, you didn't seem to have a problem with her earlier, even ADMITTING she never appeared>IM:

Originally posted by Entity
Her and Superboy went nuts on the Titans and Outsiders if its the one I'm thinking of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_%28comics%29

She never really appeared to be > than Ironman but I would think she'd have more than enough potential being a Brainiac and all.

Ehh never mind as long as no one else cares then she's fine with me too.

in light of that, to NOW say i'm being . . . crooked What the f**k? seems a bit . . . disingenuous.

can i attribute the change in heart to the chirping of a certain little birdie . . .?

Scoobless

Entity
Delete

Entity
Edit: oops I was trying to qoute something for darth.

leonidas
that's 2 more posts down for entity . . . shifty

King_Mungi
Originally posted by leonidas
hehe. i have a feeling a certain someone has been feeding you a couple scans and a little information . . . i wonder why he would do that . . .? shifty

If your implying me? naaaa...I had no part in that

Also wasn't time-manipulation banned?

darthgoober
Just so everyone knows, leo DID show me that scan and I DID approve it. He sent it along with a bunch of other scans and I guess I overlooked the time manipulation portion in my rush to get things sorted out(so that's MY bad, not his). Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway since I know what it was now, that tactic is banned from use.

leonidas
thumb up

darthgoober
Also, the only judges I have assigned to this match at this point are Badabing and Symmetric Chaos, so everyone else who's not IN the match should refrain from posting.

Entity

leonidas

long pig
Kick his ass leo!

woooo woooooooo wo wooooooo....

ahem.

Accidental outburst.

Entity

darthgoober
The judeges for this match are...

Badabing
Validus
Symmetric Chaos
CasanoVa

darthgoober
Entity

vs

leonidas

(This poll will be active for 2 days.)

leonidas

leonidas

Neo2000
Entity wisn because of Sabretooth. Healing factor is one of the most effective things you can have in comicdom.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Neo2000
Entity wisn because of Sabretooth. Healing factor is one of the most effective things you can have in comicdom.

Please refrain from posting in the matches themselves. If you have comments make them in the discussion thread.

Neo2000
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Please refrain from posting in the matches themselves. If you have comments make them in the discussion thread.

Oh, my bad.
I am new

leonidas

Entity

Entity

Scoobless
Please put spaces between your paragraphs from now on.

no expression

*stops spamming*

leonidas
meh, looks like no one has voted yet so i guess i have some time to refute some of this:

Really it even states that some one greater than Shrapnel is behind the attack and you can even see in the third scan that there is more than just Shrapnel involved.

behind CO-ORDINATING the assaults. and it was manchester black.

doesn't matter how smart he is. SAYING he's smart doesn't mean anything. YOU need to USE him in a smart way. your character doesn't get to say - "i win because i'm smart!" YOU need to come up with the strategy. and if he were dropped 1on1 against superman, darkrage would be massacred. sorry entity.

but we CAN say with 100% certainty it was NOT vibranium that affected the shields. as far as has been shown, exactly one type of radiation (type unknown) was shown to affect the FORMATION of her shields. ZERO radiation types have been shown to affect the shields WHILE RAISED. to say suddenly a second type just conincedentally affects the fields is an enormous stretch -- especially in lieu of the fact that the shields are raised AND AMPED.

it's also an irrelevant point as i can just become intangible anyway. and at the speed she is sensing and processing battle info, she could EASILY cast the spell quickly enough to avoid you.

sure reed could have info on DHII -- may even know him REASONABLY well. but all his capabilities? even his creators didn't know his FULL abilities. you think the x-men go back, fill in reports of every feat and the levels of said feats after every battle? confused the type of comprehensively detailed info you're claiming exists, simply doesn't. comics have been written (avengers files, cerebro files, etc . . .) showing you the 'computer info' contained in the databanks of both the avengers and xmen. nothing in any of those things are as detailed as you are looking for. general info only, some more detailed than others, is usually what you see. and you'd have NOTHING on indigo/B8 whose shields you are up against.

no need. it's not HOW it's done -- it's what you'd be able to find that i am contending.

prolly not, but i have EVIDENCE to say it doesn't work on me. you have the same evidence? shifty

THE ARMS WERE GRAFTED TO HER. and the situation has ONLY happened once. the one time it did happen, rogue has 4 arms. you want to convince anyone that it was rogue's powers that manifested the arms -- show proof of her manifesting something that was not NATURALLY a part of the person she touched. wolverine's adamantium. cyclops visor. dr ock's arms. captain ahab's pegleg! because all those things are analagous to spiral's arms.

read supersabre's marvel bio if you don't believe me. she tracked him EFFORTLESSLY -- she toyed with him! and that was BEFORE she had the ability to process info at the speed of a supercomputer. smile

you just need to let the jets go, ent. really . . .

hmm, methinks someone isn't aware of just how quick computer-speeds are . . . even at mach 10 you'd be a snail to my senses and ability to process. we're talking about the ability to process and assimilate BILLIONS of pieces of info/second. my ability to process>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your ability to move.

i can say for a certainty that you can't hack DHII. i even showed the scan to support it. smile DHII was designed in the future, and tech from even FURTHER in the future was used to design his systems. you can try and claim current wakandan tech is better than FAR future tech, but it doesn't make much sense to do so.

that would be impossible to show, of course however i have shown why it is so exceedingly unlikely, i have AMPED my shields, AND i can always go intangible making the whole issue moot. smile and you of course have once again failed to show any evidence to suggest the radiation in your claws is capable of affecting ANY shielding at all.

scanning DHII? no rudimentary knowledge of him and spiral? sure. scan indy's systems? i have her powers only -- no 'systems'. all her powers are in the DHII borg body.

only happened once. and rogue could not have manifested them by definition of her powerset.

once is all i need.

kali's mind would be fine for the nanosecond required to port away then port your anti-metal into another dimension. you seem to think the instant the anti-metal arrives, i'd . . . be instantaneously incapacitated. not even close. DHII has crazy-fast regeneration AND half of him is/was human! your anti-metal has less chance of working successfully than your air strike. smile

besides, as i outlined above, in every conceiveable scenario, the battle ends very very quickly.

so, nothing new added here, nothing that i've not refuted several times already. still no chance for him to actually harm me in any way. between amped shields, intangibility, tactical teleportation and the ability to process info with the speed of a supercomputer, darkrage really doesn't stand a chance.

oh, and because i've not posted a pic of her in this battle yet, here's one:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8239/kali2copyrb3.th.jpg

it's slightly different from the other one i showed, but it lacks the nifty background. sad

Entity

Symmetric Chaos
SC's Vote

As far as I am concerned this is a very close match. Both of you came up with great strategies and some impressive meshing.

I take issue with a few of your strategies but in the end after going over your plans I have to cast my vote for Leo since I felt that Entity had no way of penetrating his defense.

So again. A close match and very good work.

My Vote: leonidas

leonidas

oops. wrong thread.

leonidas
whistle

ps--shouldn't the polls have been closed a couple days ago . . . confused

illadelph12
Likely.

I know there's been some tampering to this poll in particular by Judge.

DigiMark007
When I merged the poll thread with this one it must have reset the timer on the poll. I'll give it another....day? Since it's tied right now.

Weird, because the timer was fine in the other match.

confused

leonidas
Originally posted by illadelph12
Likely.

I know there's been some tampering to this poll in particular by Judge.

tampering . . .? confused

that's not cool. no

Entity
Originally posted by leonidas
tampering . . .? confused

that's not cool. no

Hey I didn't tamper with anything.
I did ask a few people to vote for me but they can read the match and decide for themselves. As for the judge I honestly didn't know it was him. I just thought I was asking a new guy for a vote. Besides he could've just as easily voted for you as well on some accounts.

Either way I don't really see how it matters. Its all gonna come down to the judges Darth gave authority to in this match. The poll doesn't really count for anything other than the losers brackets. Right? confused

Should think at the very least that either one of us has done more than well enough to get into that right?

DigiMark007
The poll is just for loser's bracket purposes, right? Not for determining who wins the match. It doesn't condone tampering with the poll, but at least it's not directly affecting the outcome.

Entity
Originally posted by DigiMark007
The poll is just for loser's bracket purposes, right? Not for determining who wins the match. It doesn't condone tampering with the poll, but at least it's not directly affecting the outcome. Thats what I thinking and you can check me out if you wish. I haven't tampered with this any.
Unless you consider asking people to check this out and vote for me tampering. big grin embarrasment

DigiMark007
Thats what I thinking and you can check me out if you wish. I haven't tampered with this any.
Unless you consider asking people to check this out and vote for me tampering. big grin embarrasment

No, it was in reference to the Judge, not to you....because I doubt he read anything before voting. A shame, but that's why we did away with polls determining the outcome.

Symmetric Chaos
So none of the other Judges have voted yet?

sly Wimps.

Entity

sly Wimps. Yea about that.
How long does this normally take?
I figured they'd be done before the next matches start. Thats today right?

Ethereal
Lol. Everytime I view this thread it's always tied, but at least one vote higher for each competitor.

leonidas
i wasn't implying YOU tampered with it ent. the fact that it was tampered with alone should once again show why polls should not be used. erm

leonidas

sly Wimps.

not sure about that but i haven't seen bada or val on in ages . . .

Entity
Badabing's on. He just chewed my ass out cause I asked what was tragic about superman's life. blink

Redatom65
Bada was on just a few hours ago....

Symmetric Chaos
Bada is on right now actually.

leonidas
hmm . . .

Badabing
Sorry for not voting. I have a BBQ now and I partied all weekend. I'll be back on in about 4 hours to cast my vote. embarrasment

CasanoVa
Whoa, sammage.

I have been out all day and most of yesterday, I'll have a quite last skim over the posts and get my judgement up in a second.

CasanoVa
Casanova's vote

Definitely think Entity has very little chance of getting through Leo's defence, it also seemed that Leo had him on the back foot for a lot of it. I personally think Leo used his amalgam in a more inventive way, but Entity Definitely did make this match a lot harder to judge than I thought it was going to be. So overall I'd have to say my vote goes to Leo, but it was a well fought match and Entity definitely made Leo work for it.

LEONIDAS

Badabing
Bada's vote.

First I would like to say good match. Entity and Leonidas used imagination and depth when they made their characters. I had the match even after the opening 2 posts.

I am voting in favor of Leonidas. Entity had a good plan but I don't think he made a good enough case to counter Leo's shields or fully counter his attacks.

Ent, you went against a knowledgeable veteran and held your own until the end. I think you'll do very well in the next tourny. Nice match guys.

Vote: Leonidas

Validus
My vote doesn't matter. sad

King Kandy
Originally posted by Validus
Post it anyway.

Symmetric Chaos

It never does stick out tongue

Newjak
My vote doesn't matter. sad Thats what you get for being late stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by Newjak
Thats what you get for being late stick out tongue
Excuse a guy for celebrating his b-day.

And I was voting Leo anyway.

Newjak
Excuse a guy for celebrating his b-day.

And I was voting Leo anyway. Wait was it your B-Day today cool cause mine was yesterday stick out tongue

Validus
Wait was it your B-Day today cool cause mine was yesterday stick out tongue
It's actually tomorrow but all the fun was this past weekend.

Newjak
It's actually tomorrow but all the fun was this past weekend. I bet it was stick out tongue

Validus
I bet it was stick out tongue
You should have been there. sad

Newjak
You should have been there. sad I wanted to be trust me sad

Entity
sad Well so much for my dreams of tourney glory. _a

Congratulations Leonidas! Good match.cheers

leonidas
sad Well so much for my dreams of tourney glory. _a

Congratulations Leonidas! Good match.cheers

thanks. and well done entity. if i were in the losers bracket, i wouldn't be looking forward to facing you. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.