Wolverine (without claws and healing factor) vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil_Ash
Ok, Logan has no adamantium claws and no healing factor.

Can he beat Batman?

snoopdogg
Batman could beat him with the factor and claws. Kinda like DareDevil did only with more style.

Gorbag
So Wolvie has bone claws? If Batman has no prep, Logan could take this.

llagrok
He'd beat Batman in hand to hand, but not if Batman has his belt.

Juntai
Batman wins.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Gorbag
So Wolvie has bone claws? If Batman has no prep, Logan could take this.

Nope.

No claws at all.

Gorbag
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Nope.

No claws at all.

OK. So no claws and no HF... what about adamantium skeleton? wink
BTW without HF Wolvie would probably die 'cause of too much metal in his body...

Juntai
BTW without HF Wolvie would probably die 'cause of too much metal in his body... And if he had the adamantium, and no healing, he would die from the adamantium poison.

braz
I'd say Batman takes this, regardless of whether or not Wolverine has the adamantium skeleton or not.

Evil_Ash

No adamantium skeleton...

Rewmac
Nope.

No claws at all. Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Ok, Logan has no adamantium claws and no healing factor.

Can he beat Batman? Logan without healing factor is screwed. Batman has lot of in him he doesn't need a healing factor the live through pain and wounds, Logan's character is based on that healing factor if it's offline than it's end of the story.

Gorbag
No adamantium skeleton...

Then Logan's chances are v little lol. Spite thread for making Bat the winner xD Wolvie still has his senses, so he could sneak attack Bruce or dodge his attacks. Wolverine without adamantium faced Hulk 2!!! times and Wendigo. When he was not using claws, he defeated Roughouse even. But in this fight he takes it in majority only in pure h2h or sneak attack, no Bat's gadgets/prep.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine is still a) stronger b) faster c) more durable and d) a better fighter. If Batman doesn't have his belt and this is pure h2h, Wolverine takes the majority.

Gorbag
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine is still a) stronger b) faster c) more durable and d) a better fighter. If Batman doesn't have his belt and this is pure h2h, Wolverine takes the majority.

Agree with ya cool

jinzin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Batman could beat him with the factor and claws. Kinda like DareDevil did only with more style.

The only way daredevil beat Logan was by Ennis ignoring all of logans abilities and attributes for the sake of his own admitted bias.

But yes, Batman would win here.

His gadgets are already more than enough to drop Logan sans healing factor. His suit should be readily equipted to take Logans punches more often than not.
And while in a hand to hand Logan has enough skill to beat Batman, he's simply more accustomed to using his his mutant abilities as a crutch... If this was Logan after a month or two of honing his fighting ability back up to snuff without his HF and claws, then he'd beat Batman hand to hand for sure... But if we're to assume his powers are stipped away from him on the drop of a hat and hes launched into a forum fight, then he's more often than not gonna make more mistakes and fight sloppy at some point, two things he just can't afford in a fight with batman.

Originally posted by Rewmac
Logan without healing factor is screwed. Batman has lot of in him he doesn't need a healing factor the live through pain and wounds, Logan's character is based on that healing factor if it's offline than it's end of the story.

confused

Logan doesn't need a healing factor to live through pain or wounds either. When Logan was inside "The Habitat" (a large structure suited to be a prison for super villains; a structure which negated super powers), Logan was a bit messed up from his Adamantium poisioning; he got attacked by multiple guards and cattleprodded enough to drop an elephant... yet he was still struggling, not fully unconcious.

Stronger? Granted.
Faster? Sure... Though not by any noticeable amount.
More durable? Perhaps without Bat's suit, but with it I'd give that edge to Batman.
A better fighter? Again, if he had time to re-accustom himself to fighting without his crutches... However at the drop of a hat scenario, Batman's going to probably be more skilled, not cause Logan's not as good a fighter, just because he's not used to having to reliy strictly on his fighting prowess to win fights.

Rewmac
Originally posted by jinzin
The only way daredevil beat Logan was by Ennis ignoring all of logans abilities and attributes for the sake of his own admitted bias.

But yes, Batman would win here.

His gadgets are already more than enough to drop Logan sans healing factor. His suit should be readily equipted to take Logans punches more often than not.
And while in a hand to hand Logan has enough skill to beat Batman, he's simply more accustomed to using his his mutant abilities as a crutch... If this was Logan after a month or two of honing his fighting ability back up to snuff without his HF and claws, then he'd beat Batman hand to hand for sure... But if we're to assume his powers are stipped away from him on the drop of a hat and hes launched into a forum fight, then he's more often than not gonna make more mistakes and fight sloppy at some point, two things he just can't afford in a fight with batman.

confused

Logan doesn't need a healing factor to live through pain or wounds either. When Logan was inside "The Habitat" (a large structure suited to be a prison for super villains; a structure which negated super powers), Logan was a bit messed up from his Adamantium poisioning; he got attacked by multiple guards and cattleprodded enough to drop an elephant... yet he was still struggling, not fully unconcious.

Stronger? Granted.
Faster? Sure... Though not by any noticeable amount.
More durable? Perhaps without Bat's suit, but with it I'd give that edge to Batman.
A better fighter? Again, if he had time to re-accustom himself to fighting without his crutches... However at the drop of a hat scenario, Batman's going to probably be more skilled, not cause Logan's not as good a fighter, just because he's not used to having to reliy strictly on his fighting prowess to win fights. Agree with ya on some terms. But the healing factor thing you got it wrong. I meant Batman never had a healing factor he learned to fight without it, he needed more efforts.
And the skill and speed is the most argueable thing ever but for speed of course I give it to Logan, but skill we could argue about that for like forever.

I know Howlett feels pain but it is certainly gone faster because of the healing factor, my meaning is that Batman needed a harder training to become a great "warrior". He can certainly fight on Wolverine's best level they can match eachother if Logan doesn't have his extras (claw,hf,skeleton,senses) just two ordinary humans.

For the stronger part well, they both have fought stronger characters than them. Wolverine survived thanks to the healing factor and skills, Batman mostly thanks to his skills and gadgets. But note when Batman was fighting sometimes without gadgets and prep a stronger opponent (much stronger) he could still hold his own.

Badabing
Another Wolverine thread? durfist

Rewmac
Originally posted by Badabing
Another Wolverine thread? durfist It seems they got back on track just like old times.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Badabing
Another Wolverine thread? durfist

I always wanted to make one. dur

King KAM
Wolverine is still a) stronger b) faster c) more durable and d) a better fighter. If Batman doesn't have his belt and this is pure h2h, Wolverine takes the majority. in pure h2h, wolverine doesnt have the skill feats to top batz, and like jinzy said, wolverine aint used to just using skill hes used to being able to rely on a healing factor, so he would take too many hits, bats wins.

Rewmac
Originally posted by King KAM
in pure h2h, wolverine doesnt have the skill feats to top batz, and like jinzy said, wolverine aint used to just using skill hes used to being able to rely on a healing factor, so he would take too many hits, bats wins. Tried to say something like that myself but also in a more complicated way...Originally posted by Evil_Ash
I always wanted to make one. dur That's my dream too...Maybe if we'd make an Ultimate Namor vs. Ultimate Wolverine? confused

jinzin
Agree with ya on some terms. But the healing factor thing you got it wrong. I meant Batman never had a healing factor he learned to fight without it, he needed more efforts.

No I don't... Every time Wolverine's been shown to lose his healing factor and then have pain inflicted upon him, he's been shown to have an unreasonably strong tolerance for it that well exceeds what I've seen from batman.
Having a healing factor has nothing to do with learning the skills for how to fight so I have no idea why you're going down that tangent.

And the skill and speed is the most argueable thing ever but for speed of course I give it to Logan, but skill we could argue about that for like forever.

Fair enough...

I know Howlett feels pain but it is certainly gone faster because of the healing factor, my meaning is that Batman needed a harder training to become a great "warrior". He can certainly fight on Wolverine's best level they can match eachother if Logan doesn't have his extras (claw,hf,skeleton,senses) just two ordinary humans.

Again, just because Wolverine had a healing factor does not mean his training was any less difficult... I don't see where you're getting that from.

For the stronger part well, they both have fought stronger characters than them. Wolverine survived thanks to the healing factor and skills, Batman mostly thanks to his skills and gadgets. But note when Batman was fighting sometimes without gadgets and prep a stronger opponent (much stronger) he could still hold his own.
Irrelivant, we're not talking about that semantic, we're discussing sheer strength. Wolverine's physically stronger than Batman, powers or no.

King KAM
sadly though i see wolverine doing an idiotic leap and bats just tossing him on his head rather embarassingly for the KO

Rewmac
Originally posted by jinzin
No I don't... Every time Wolverine's been shown to lose his healing factor and then have pain inflicted upon him, he's been shown to have an unreasonably strong tolerance for it that well exceeds what I've seen from batman.
Having a healing factor has nothing to do with learning the skills for how to fight so I have no idea why you're going down that tangent.

Fair enough...

Again, just because Wolverine had a healing factor does not mean his training was any less difficult... I don't see where you're getting that from.

Irrelivant, we're not talking about that semantic, we're discussing sheer strength. Wolverine's physically stronger than Batman, powers or no. Maybe yes maybe not. Yes you got it all wrong.

I cut Wolverine with a knife ---> He feels pain for like 5-10 seconds or less until he heals

I cut Batman ---> A day or maybe two days even.

Yes Logan's healing has a lot to do with him fighting. He was shown without a healing factor so his fans can love him even more. Batman never had the pleasure to get quick healing by himself in a tough fight but he went on and on even though he knew he won't heal up. Wolverine felt the pain (it healed) and went on. Yet why? If I someone stabs him he laughs at the face of the man (again heals), Batman does the same without healing. Yes Batman's pain tolerance is better than Logan's in that sense. On the other side, Wolverine said --"Me and pain, we are old buddies!" --> He fealt tons of gunfire, burning of his own skin and so (he he always heals back more or less in an hour (well not the magneto fight) but my point maybe it healing factor doesn't have to do anything with skills, but without it face it it's much tougher to be a perfect fighter. In skills Batman can match Wolverine even overcome him.

jinzin
Maybe yes maybe not. Yes you got it all wrong.

No... I don't... If you had seen Wolverine's appearances where his healing factor is out, you would notice that his tolerance is far above that of a normal human anyway. no expression

I cut Wolverine with a knife ---> He feels pain for like 5-10 seconds or less until he heals

I cut Batman ---> A day or maybe two days even.
And NO ONE here is debating that.
That still doesn't mean that Batman has a higher tolerance for pain. Wolverine got his face shot off, completely, and kept fighting... There's no Batman feat that even COMPARES to that.

Yes Logan's healing has a lot to do with him fighting.

No.... It.... Doesn't..... no expression

You're talking to a trained fighter. LEarning how to fight is more about intelligence, patience, and practice... Having a healing factor doesn't make it easier to learn how to fight... It just makes it easier to heal damage....

He was shown without a healing factor so his fans can love him even more.

I see... So if Batman does something impressive it's because he's trained hard and he's a badass... If Wolverine on the other hand does something impressive it's strictly to appeal to the Wolverine fanbase... What the f**k?....... riiiiiiiiight.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman never had the pleasure to get quick healing by himself in a tough fight but he went on and on even though he knew he won't heal up.

So?

Wolverine felt the pain (it healed) and went on. Yet why? If I someone stabs him he laughs at the face of the man (again heals), Batman does the same without healing. Yes Batman's pain tolerance is better than Logan's in that sense. On the other side, Wolverine said --"Me and pain, we are old buddies!" --> He fealt tons of gunfire, burning of his own skin and so (he he always heals back more or less in an hour (well not the magneto fight).

And Wolverine has said on over a half dozen occassions that his healing factor doesn't to a damned thing to negate the pain inflicted on him.... He heals from injury, but the pain is still there.. He discussed this in the X-men arch after fighting Cassandra Nova... and again.. NOT ONE of Batman's pain tolerance feats can even compare to Logans... Wolverine walked through an inferno to save a little girl.. He was burnt over 90% of his body.. He didn't scream, he didn't fall, he didn't falter. Again, Bat's best pain tolerance feats can't compare.. And the healing factor has nothing to do with that.

but my point maybe it healing factor doesn't have to do anything with skills, but without it face it it's much tougher to be a perfect fighter. In skills Batman can match Wolverine even overcome him.
Then why did you say that it did? erm

No, without a healing factor it's easier to be a perfect fighter.. hence the whole rational that Wolverine for the purposes of this confrontation will make mistakes or fight sloppy one time too many.. The healing factor is a crutch in place of fighting skill....
In skills it's argueable as you've already said.

Estacado
Bruce's smacks that ass.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by King KAM
sadly though i see wolverine doing an idiotic leap and bats just tossing him on his head rather embarassingly for the KO That's what I see as well.

TheGame17
i usually see wolverine just diving into danger and getting wounded easily. i thinks it's probably cuz the writer's want to remind the reader how important his healing factor is.

since he doesn't have and enchancements in this fight, i'm hoping wolverine can come to his senses and actually control himself and starts fighting like the samurai/ninja he was trained to be and uses his experience. i doubt it though.

still, i think if logan does lose, he'll give batman some good hits before he's KOed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.