C4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
Anybody at C4? If it weren't 90 per cent trade show, I might go some time.

The Star Wars stamps are cool.

Then there's that History Channel show at 8 p.m. Monday

General G
What is this history channel show?

Darth Hord
Its called: Star Wars A Legacy Revealed. It will talk about how events in history influenced in the making of Star Wars.

Here is the commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1cucQQ-oK0

This is another vid. about it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL77oCgv63A

chinabing
Can't believe there are 3 prequel stamps and 12 OT stamps. No Qui-Gon, no Jango, no Grievous, no monsters, no Jar Jar. Coulda skipped a couple of the ships.

General G
Show looks good, I will definately watch it. What PT stamps are there?

~JP~
Originally posted by General G
Show looks good, I will definately watch it. What PT stamps are there?

About the stamps:

http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/splash.html

I cant believe freaking Yoda won. I wanted it ot be Vader. sad

queeq
It should have been.

Schecter
im happy that they used the original yoda

queeq
True.

General G
Originally posted by ~JP~
About the stamps:

http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/splash.html

I cant believe freaking Yoda won. I wanted it ot be Vader. sad

Thanks. What's wrong with the Yoda one?

Tattoo
Originally posted by chinabing
Anybody at C4? If it weren't 90 per cent trade show, I might go some time.

The Star Wars stamps are cool.

Then there's that History Channel show at 8 p.m. Monday

Just got back from C4. eek! It was so farking awesome. happy Count me in for C5.

Pictures with all the hotties of Star Wars, got to dress up in costume and have my picture taken by random people, I even met Seth Green (Austin Powers, Robot Chicken, Family Guy) face to face and talked with him (he came up to us wanting pictures with the kids from our group).

General G
Who was all there?

Tattoo
Who was all there?

Tons...too many for me to name.

Just let me tell you that Amy Allen doesn't look as good in real life. sad But Bonnie Piesse (young Beru) is fiiiiiiiiine.

~JP~
Thanks. What's wrong with the Yoda one?

Nothing, I just think that a stamp honoring the 30th anniversary of Star Wars should feature the guy who's story of his life the saga was about. And that'd be Anakin Skywalker/Vader.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Tattoo
Tons...too many for me to name.

Just let me tell you that Amy Allen doesn't look as good in real life. sad But Bonnie Piesse (young Beru) is fiiiiiiiiine.

You should post a full report on the events, for those of us who couldn't make it. big grin

Take your top 5 coolest moments or whatever, just give us anything! stick out tongue

Tattoo
Originally posted by sithsaber408
You should post a full report on the events, for those of us who couldn't make it. big grin

Take your top 5 coolest moments or whatever, just give us anything! stick out tongue

This is number 1:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9722/sethhanhalfu5.th.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6439/sethisaacks4.th.jpg

General G
Nothing, I just think that a stamp honoring the 30th anniversary of Star Wars should feature the guy who's story of his life the saga was about. And that'd be Anakin Skywalker/Vader.

Alright, that makes sense, I didn't think of it that way I guess.

~JP~
WTG George...this wasnt too cool.

Tattoo

I wish she had been there too.

queeq
Strange.

Hey the G$ even made the news in mainland Europe. In the papers and on the radio. Things are moving up in the world.

The only downside was that there was a guy in the radio report who said he believed in the Force. I'll say it one more time, SW fans from all over the world: WE ARE NOT TREKKIES!

Sith Master X
Blame Natalie not being invited on the people who coordinated this event. With GL working on Indiana Jones right now, I doubt he played too much of a role in getting everyone together.

Tattoo
Another high light of the weekend:

Seth McFarlane of Family Guy was there to discuss the next seasons opener for Fall, it will be a one hour long episode with FG characters playing SW characters.

Chris = Luke
Peter = Han Solo
Brian = Chewbacca
Herbert (old pedophile) = Obi-Wan Kenobi
Lois = Leia
Quagmire = C-3PO
Cleveland = R2-D2
Stewie = Darth Vader

They showed us 10 full minutes of the episode, it was great. Funniest thing ever.

Some lines I remember:

Chris: "Why are they called TIE Fighters?" Peter: "I don't know." *show a Thai flying a TIE*

Chris: "I got one!" Peter: "That's great kid, but don't get penisy!"

Lois: "Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?" Chris: "Yes. sad"

*Stormtroopers are breaking into the Tantive IV* Cleveland: "Can you hold onto a bag for me?" *later as the gang is in the trash compactor* Quagmire: "What do we do?!" Cleveland: "Hey, you still got that bag I handed you earlier?" *skip forward a few minutes, show them stoned, Quagmire accidentally leans on the control to turn off the trash compactor*

smoker4
laughing out loud cant wait to see that

Tattoo
Originally posted by smoker4
laughing out loud cant wait to see that

Edited to include more. stick out tongue

Also forgot to mention that during the escape from the Death Star and the TIE battle, R2-D2 Cleveland opens up a door and uses one of his many gadgets to hold a gun gangsta style and pop a cap in a TIE to blow it up.

And Meg is the trash compactor monster the dianogah.

smoker4
laughing out loud

General G
Nice!

sithsaber408

Bunch of crap, I'm afraid.

"Actress Natalie Portman's publicist has fired back at reports the actress is upset she wasn't invited to attend the 30th anniversary celebrations of Star Wars in Los Angeles. British tabloids ran with the story yesterday, with Portman quoted as saying the apparent snub was "upsetting" as she would have loved to have been a part of the five-day Star Wars Celebration IV earlier this month. But the 25-year-old actress' publicist insists the story is untrue, Portman was misquoted and she wouldn't have been able to attend the party even if she had been invited. The rep says, "Natalie wasn't even in the country... The story is false and all the quotes are made up."

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-05-30/

~JP~
Hmmmm TFN posted it, guess I need to not use them as a source from now on.

sithsaber408
Hmmmm TFN posted it, guess I need to not use them as a source from now on.

No, no they're good. I go there for news all of the time.

If you check back on the homepage now, they have an update with the article that I posted.

That's where I got it from, in fact. stick out tongue

General G
I check there once in a while, alhtough most of the time, I can't find anything too exciting.

queeq
It's a pretty reliable source though.

Sith Master X
I go to SuperShadow for all the latest information.

Now... go ahead and slap me across the face.

queeq
I will. *SLAP*

Sith Master X
Thank you.

General G
BAN!

Schecter
RAPE!

General G
POLICE!

Schecter
MOMMY!

Sith Master X
I debated whether or not I should have posted that.

Look what I've done. sad

queeq
You've made a mess.

General G
Always think first. BAN!

Sith Master X
I'll clean it up.

(the slap me across the face thing was a referece to it being a bad joke. Not that I really go there unless I want a good laugh.)

Schecter
SURPRISE BUTTSECKS!

General G
ouch...

queeq
Spoilers are no prevention from my wrath.

*hands SMX a mop*

Schecter
HARUMPH!

queeq
Good one.

Schecter
indeed

queeq
rather

Schecter
closing...

Sith Master X
*Cleans up mess* My services are complete.

General G
not yet shifty

Sith Master X
What more shall I do? I'll buy you all drinks at the milk bar or something. wink

General G
Hmm, I think I know a place close by.

Schecter
...behind the bushes

General G
...and next to the cave.

Sith Master X
Are we on Dagobah? rolling on floor laughing

queeq
Seduction from General G???? *shudders*

I'll save you, SMX.... CLOSING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.