The Quintessence vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Ganthet
Highfather
Phantom Stranger
Zeus
Shazam

Vs Galactus

1st round Galactus at normal power

2nd round Galactus at his peak.

Discuss.

Galan007
Round 1- Quintessence ftw, .

Round 2- srug

quanchi112
dont know how perful phantom stranger is so this puts me at a disadvantage but ive seen galactus destory solar systems when pissed so i say him in either scenario when he is going all out very tough to beat

Symmetric Chaos
These guys are somewhere around Odin level right?

Stop him the first time.

The second time around they might take a few.

guy222
Originally posted by Estacado
Ganthet
Highfather
Phantom Stranger
Zeus
Shazam

Vs Galactus

1st round Galactus at normal power

2nd round Galactus at his peak.

Discuss.

1. Galactus falls
2. Galactus falls

Tenebrous
Originally posted by guy222
1. Galactus falls
2. Galactus' pimp hand is strong

cool

guy222
Originally posted by Tenebrous
cool

big grin Happy Dance

Have a good week smile

Symmetric Chaos
I get First VsForum post of the day w00t

Estacado
bump

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007
Round 1- Quintessence ftw, .

Round 2- srug
I don't think that there is enough evidence that Galactus is weak against magic.

Darksaint
PS can take out normal Galactus by himself. cool

Don't know the limits of Phantom Stranger's power, but he's close to the Spectre.

Fully powered Galactus probably takes out the whole group. confused

Bouboumaster
Galactus falls in the fisrt scenario

I think he wins in the second.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Priest
I don't think that there is enough evidence that Galactus is weak against magic.

He couldn't consume the world of the Dire Wraiths and they a magical beings but he was weak at that point so...

As for the Question

1. Don't know the only real dangers he would face would be from Phantom Stranger, the others I really don't see stopping him.

2. Team goes down

the Darkone
Galactus takes both scenarios, ever body besides PS are sky fathers level and that is still way below Galactus, Phantom Stranger is like a abstract more like In-betweener or Stranger he's powerful but not that powerful. Galactus was absorbing Mephisto realm with easy so magic is not that much of a difference maker, only magic being that stalemated Galactus was Agamotto they could have kept on fighting if it wasn't for the other two Vishanti.

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
He couldn't consume the world of the Dire Wraiths and they a magical beings but he was weak at that point so...

As for the Question

1. Don't know the only real dangers he would face would be from Phantom Stranger, the others I really don't see stopping him.

2. Team goes down

Death Wings smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
The PS could beat Big G By himself in both fights. Adding the others is over kill.

Utrigita
The first One I can agree with nvrbeenwthagirl, some of the way, but the second one with Galactus at his prime I have my doubt about magic having any effect what so ever.

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
I don't think that there is enough evidence that Galactus is weak against magic. But if I remember correctly, there has been evidence to suggest wielders of the power cosmic have a weakness to magic.. srug

Anyhow,

PS is most certainly all that would be required to defeat Big G in round 1..

As for round 2, I still don't know.

TricksterPriest
Galan, just one problem. Are his restrictions off? He's supposedly closer to Spectre level than Quintessence level, but he's got a restriction that he can't end a crisis himself.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Galan007
But if I remember correctly, there has been evidence to suggest wielders of the power cosmic have a weakness to magic.. srug

Anyhow,

PS is most certainly all that would be required to defeat Big G in round 1..

As for round 2, I still don't know.

What about the Celestials stick out tongue

Galactus weakness to magic origins in his missing understanding of it (that the way I interpreted it)

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Galan, just one problem. Are his restrictions off? He's supposedly closer to Spectre level than Quintessence level, but he's got a restriction that he can't end a crisis himself. PS is a top-tier being as far as I'm concerned.

Spectre may be more powerful then him, but as you said, PS is way above the Quintessence imo.Originally posted by Utrigita

Galactus weakness to magic origins in his missing understanding of it (that the way I interpreted it) The weakness is still there nonetheless.

leonidas
hmm, this is close. PS is very tough to gauge. he's had low showings and very high showings. his power levels fluctuate all over the place. there was some thought that if the person who sent him (still unknown but maybe the presence??) really needs him to win, he can't lose, but i don't think that has ever definitively been shown.

the others are powerful enough to cause g loads of grief anyway.

as for magic -- g has stalemated mephisto in his realm, (beat him by CONSUMING his 'magical' realm) and stalemated agamotto in HIS realm where he is supposed to be 'all-powerful'. there are a couple other good showings he's had against uber magic.

if he loses, i don't think it's because of magic (though that wouldn't help . . .)

it's because the guys he's fighting are awfully powerful. erm

nice thread. smile

guy222

Galactus weakness to magic origins in his missing understanding of it (that the way I interpreted it)

I can make the thread wink

Utrigita
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, this is close. PS is very tough to gauge. he's had low showings and very high showings. his power levels fluctuate all over the place. there was some thought that if the person who sent him (still unknown but maybe the presence??) really needs him to win, he can't lose, but i don't think that has ever definitively been shown.

the others are powerful enough to cause g loads of grief anyway.

as for magic -- g has stalemated mephisto in his realm, (beat him by CONSUMING his 'magical' realm) and stalemated agamotto in HIS realm where he is supposed to be 'all-powerful'. there are a couple other good showings he's had against uber magic.

if he loses, i don't think it's because of magic (though that wouldn't help . . .)

it's because the guys he's fighting are awfully powerful. erm

nice thread. smile

You got it wrong there my man the problem is that none of the others are powerful enough to defeat Galactus. Also wheather ore not Galactus is vulnerable to magic is a good question like you said yourself he was devoering Mephistos dimension, and giving AG a hard time in his and then he cannot consume a planet which are magical in nature (dire wraith).

And to Galan it is true that Some PC users are vulnerable to the magic but mostly it is galactus and his heralds that shows this weakness.

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
I can make the thread wink

I can bump it big grin

llagrok
I can't eat 30 days old broccoli. Doesn't mean it's my weakness >: O

1. Tie
2. Galactus

leonidas
You got it wrong there my man the problem is that none of the others are powerful enough to defeat Galactus. Also wheather ore not Galactus is vulnerable to magic is a good question like you said yourself he was devoering Mephistos dimension, and giving AG a hard time in his and then he cannot consume a planet which are magical in nature (dire wraith).

And to Galan it is true that Some PC users are vulnerable to the magic but mostly it is galactus and his heralds that shows this weakness.

really? because mephisto has been shown to be afraid of odin. the watcher and odin are peers, and the watcer is also said to be near galactus in power.

what you got wrong my man is simple: you underestimate what a skyfather is. surtur<odin nd he's destroyed a GALAXY without trouble. now, PS alone is likely the MOST powerful of the 5, but the point is there are FIVE odin-level beings battling galactus.

unless g is SEVERELY amped, he's not beating them solo. no

starlock
1 team wins
2 team wins

Galactus is not winning the majority in any of these matches

Utrigita
really? because mephisto has been shown to be afraid of odin. the watcher and odin are peers, and the watcer is also said to be near galactus in power.

what you got wrong my man is simple: you underestimate what a skyfather is. surtur<odin nd he's destroyed a GALAXY without trouble. now, PS alone is likely the MOST powerful of the 5, but the point is there are FIVE odin-level beings battling galactus.

unless g is SEVERELY amped, he's not beating them solo. no

Are the watchers said to be near Galactus in themes of power confused thats strange because the way a watcher is normal portray in company with Galactus is that he is below a hungry Galactus in power so you point being... also a skyfather like Odin, isn't excuse me very impressive Thanos did go toe on toe with Odin for quiet some time where a single blast from Galactus 1. Pierced all Thanos forcefields 2. Down Thanos and roughed him up pretty bad. and where a second Blast would have killed him. So much for 5 odin leveled Characters.

I understand very well what a Skyfather is and that isn't gonna help this team. As I said Before 1. don't know but will probably lose because of Phantom Stranger, but the second with Galactus at his prime, equal to eternity in power and far above any Skyfather leveled Character, this team is done for. Also at that level it is quiet possible that his vulnerability to magic is none existent.

And as I say before no doubt about Phantom Stranger being the most powerful of them.

leonidas
Are the watchers said to be near Galactus in themes of power confused thats strange because the way a watcher is normal portray in company with Galactus is that he is below a hungry Galactus in power so you point being... also a skyfather like Odin, isn't excuse me very impressive Thanos did go toe on toe with Odin for quiet some time where a single blast from Galactus 1. Pierced all Thanos forcefields 2. Down Thanos and roughed him up pretty bad. and where a second Blast would have killed him. So much for 5 odin leveled Characters.

I understand very well what a Skyfather is and that isn't gonna help this team. As I said Before 1. don't know but will probably lose because of Phantom Stranger, but the second with Galactus at his prime, equal to eternity in power and far above any Skyfather leveled Character, this team is done for. Also at that level it is quiet possible that his vulnerability to magic is none existent.

And as I say before no doubt about Phantom Stranger being the most powerful of them.

meh. people always use the thanos showing against odin. in fact, odin DID have a poor showing against thanos (or thanos had an UBER showings vs odin, depends on how you look at it) but that doesn't change the fact that odin's power can destroy GALAXIES (something thanos is no where NEAR doing . . .) and has quite literally shaken the MULTIVERSE. odin's high feats outweigh his low feats, i'm afraid. erm

not sure where you got the idea about a watcher from . . . confused
galactus HIMSELF has stated that utau is near his level in power, so . . .

and not you or anyone else knows whether fp galactus is equal to eternity. you are speculating and nothing more.

do i think g at the highest level would beat them? yes.

would a regular powered g beat them? absolutely not imo. regular power (the one that was stalemated by mephisto and aggy) would have a tough time against any of them individually let alone all together.

Juntai
meh. people always use the thanos showing against odin. in fact, odin DID have a poor showing against thanos (or thanos had an UBER showings vs odin, depends on how you look at it) but that doesn't change the fact that odin's power can destroy GALAXIES (something thanos is no where NEAR doing . . .) and has quite literally shaken the MULTIVERSE. odin's high feats outweigh his low feats, i'm afraid. erm

and not you or anyone else knows whether fp galactus is equal to eternity. you are speculating and nothing more.

would a regular powered g beat them? absolutely not imo. regular power (the one that was stalemated by mephisto and aggy) would have a tough time against any of them individually let alone all together. Wasn't Odin powered up in those instances though? I believe someone was mentioning him absorbing Asgard or something before wielding that level of power.

Odin's power varies a lot, for a small example I could think up, Odin exhausted his power making the golden armor for Thor.

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
Wasn't Odin powered up in those instances though? I believe someone was mentioning him absorbing Asgard or something before wielding that level of power.

Odin's power varies a lot, for a small example I could think up, Odin exhausted his power making the golden armor for Thor.

what instances? not when he fought set i don't think . . . he also needs the odinsleep at times, another silly thing about his powers.

surtur destroyed a galaxy easily with his OWN power, and odin>sutur . . . that feat alone is as great as anything a regular powered galactus has done. erm

and about the odin/thanos battle: dr strange has battled and stalemated the inbetweener for a prolonged time AND defeated him. galactus (regular power) stalemated IB and could NOT beat him.

so dr strange>galactus?

of course not. everyone has low showings.

but you're right jun, odin's powers ARE inconsistent, however, taken at his MOST consistent, he is enormously powerful and on par with beings like aggamotto and mephisto.

Utrigita

would a regular powered g beat them? absolutely not imo. regular power (the one that was stalemated by mephisto and aggy) would have a tough time against any of them individually let alone all together.

Its a feat none the less, it like when People use Strange toppling Galactus to say Stranger > Galactus

Destroy Galaxies so can normally powered Galactus, and as far as I know of Odin for all his power + the power of two other skyfathers couldn't touch a Celestial who is said to be below Galactus in themes of power. Also not all skyfathers are one the same level as Odin is. Els Zeus would have devasteted Zuras in there battle.
But ofcause it is important what Odin we are talking about the one from today ore the one from 60 that was equal to Galactus.

What about this scan:
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatifv24131nu0.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatifv24132ob8.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatifv24133od2.jpg
And he was hungry:
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatifv24130qr7.jpg

There is where I get the idea, it was non-canon but never the less it is the way that Galactus' powerlevels are normally seen in comparison with the Watchers. Where do you have Galactus saying Uata are near his powerlevels.

Yes it is speculating even though Secret wars I gave a pretty good hint about Galactus beinging equal to Eternity when close to full power.

Glad we agree then what are we discussing to be precise ???

There we disagree I can see Because IMO the only one that is going to be a problem regular Galactus is Phantom Stranger the others isn't impressing me very much.

surtur destroyed a galaxy easily with his OWN power, and odin>sutur . . . that feat alone is as great as anything a regular powered galactus has done.

and about the odin/thanos battle: dr strange has battled and stalemated the inbetweener for a prolonged time AND defeated him. galactus (regular power) stalemated IB and could NOT beat him.

Galactus at regular power destroyed countless Galaxies, so isn't exactly as great as anything a regular Galactus has done.

Maybe that had something to do with IB drawing Galactus into a nexus between reality and Chaos where IB is at his strongest to get a clear shot at winning, until that time yes they where stalemating but the odds kind of tipped in favor of Galactus. Plus it wasn't regular Galactus is was hungry Galactus.

leonidas
Its a feat none the less, it like when People use Strange toppling Galactus to say Stranger > Galactus

Destroy Galaxies so can normally powered Galactus, and as far as I know of Odin for all his power + the power of two other skyfathers couldn't touch a Celestial who is said to be below Galactus in themes of power.

you keep saying THEY say? WHO says, exactly? on panel feats have celestials capable of creating pocket universes. on-panel celestials are MUCH more powerful than galactus, and since -- in canon -- they've never battled, it's impossible to say. the dreaming celestial DID 'resurrect' galactus though, and WAS able to manipulate both him AND his hunger.

on-panel evidence states celetials>galactus (though g DID absorb the DC when his hunger went completely out of control, but nothing says he could do that in a normal state)

true and true. but odin's not even in the battle. however, if you DO know about the quintessence, you know they are all around odin's level. dc's zeus has some pretty uber feats.

non-canon and irrelevant. it actually proves nothing about their relative power levels at all. non-canon=irrelevant.

maybe. but no one knows.

confused

you haven't listed any feats by the others. how COULD you be impressed? how much do you even KNOW the people going against galactus in this fight?

TWO galactus level beings (he and tyrant) destroyed galaxied TOGETHER. big difference.

the battle started on even ground and MOVED to the nexxus.

regular powered galactus is NOT and never really HAS been shown to be all that powerful. for every low showing you can come up with for odin, i could name one for galactus.

avg g loses this fight handily imo.

Utrigita
you keep saying THEY say? WHO says, exactly? on panel feats have celestials capable of creating pocket universes. on-panel celestials are MUCH more powerful than galactus, and since -- in canon -- they've never battled, it's impossible to say. the dreaming celestial DID 'resurrect' galactus though, and WAS able to manipulate both him AND his hunger.

on-panel evidence states celetials>galactus (though g DID absorb the DC when his hunger went completely out of control, but nothing says he could do that in a normal state)

true and true. but odin's not even in the battle. however, if you DO know about the quintessence, you know they are all around odin's level. dc's zeus has some pretty uber feats.

non-canon and irrelevant. it actually proves nothing about their relative power levels at all. non-canon=irrelevant.

maybe. but no one knows.

confused

you haven't listed any feats by the others. how COULD you be impressed? how much do you even KNOW the people going against galactus in this fight?

TWO galactus level beings (he and tyrant) destroyed galaxied TOGETHER. big difference.

the battle started on even ground and MOVED to the nexxus.

regular powered galactus is NOT and never really HAS been shown to be all that powerful. for every low showing you can come up with for odin, i could name one for galactus.

avg g loses this fight handily imo.
No we don't have Celestials creating pocket dimensions we have FRANKLIN A REALITY WARPER creating a pocket dimension. And agree Celestials are more powerful then Galactus but a celestial isn't.

And wasn't it the Black celestial doing that, not the dreaming?

Nothing say he would, because the spawn of eternity and a brother father son whatever they call each other have no reason to go fight each other.

And when have the Celestials done multiversal feats? By feats on Panel Odin should win against any celestial but did he no

Okay when the majority of this group done multiversal feats and so on...

Okay thats your openion, then perhaps you can show me the scan of Galactus saying Uata is close to Galactus in themes of power.

I know about them thats all, and why should I show scans from a team I am debating against that seems well kind of stupid.

Together, IN A FIGHT. When has ODIN destroyed Galaxies (alive) by himself much less shown multiversal feats? also it is easy to assume that when that is the result of there Clash Galactus can at the very least under his own power destroy countless Galaxies as well but why should he go destroy his own food.

I believe I said that to didn't I oh yes I did :Maybe that had something to do with IB drawing Galactus into a nexus between reality and Chaos where IB is at his strongest :

When have I tried to downplay Odin's feats and you would have a hell of a lot easier by finding a low feat by Galactus then me finding a low feat by Odin and you know that.

(to the confused We apperantly both agree on Galactus at his prime would win the second ore so you said :do i think g at the highest level would beat them? yes.: and as I said I agree )

leonidas
No we don't have Celestials creating pocket dimensions we have FRANKLIN A REALITY WARPER creating a pocket dimension. And agree Celestials are more powerful then Galactus but a celestial isn't.

clear implication that franklin=celestials.

what evidence do you have to support the idea that g could beat ANY celestial at his reg levels?

same celestial.

don't know what that even means.

goes back to my earlier point discussing poor showings. again, everyone has them. at the most consistent levels, odin is very close to g at his normal power levels.

i could, but it's in an old ff that i don't want to break out. the scan HAS been shown though. disbelieve it if you choose, doesn't change the truth of the point.

laughing out loud

not so stupid i'm afraid. how can you say g will beat them when you know nothing about them!? of COURSE you'll say g will win. you can't possibly be sure though because you don't know who he's fighting.

a silly stance, imo. to ADEQUATELY gauge a winner, you need knowledge of BOTH sides. GOOD knowledge.

can't understand this.

not really. g has the pis ability of saying he's 'low power'.

Utrigita
clear implication that franklin=celestials.

what evidence do you have to support the idea that g could beat ANY celestial at his reg levels?

same celestial.

don't know what that even means.

goes back to my earlier point discussing poor showings. again, everyone has them. at the most consistent levels, odin is very close to g at his normal power levels.

i could, but it's in an old ff that i don't want to break out. the scan HAS been shown though. disbelieve it if you choose, doesn't change the truth of the point.

laughing out loud

not so stupid i'm afraid. how can you say g will beat them when you know nothing about them!? of COURSE you'll say g will win. you can't possibly be sure though because you don't know who he's fighting.

a silly stance, imo. to ADEQUATELY gauge a winner, you need knowledge of BOTH sides. GOOD knowledge.

can't understand this.

not really. g has the pis ability of saying he's 'low power'.

earth X, what do you have to support the other way around?

No not the same The Black Celestial was created by the using a Black Galaxy that previously housed Ego, Tiamut was imprisoned doing the second host so they aren't the same celestial.

Simple, the most obvious is that the Celestials is the spawn of Eternity and Galactus Death and Galactus always referer to each other as family, so why would Galactus get into conflict with his "family".

How often do you show scans to help you opponent in a debate ???
a quick run through of the Characters that he is fighting:
Ganthet = Guardian of the universe (a Oa)
Highfather = current staying at New Genesis, fighting indirectly Darkseid most of his time after he got BEATEN by him, possesses the Astro Force some would say alpha effect
Phantom Stranger = a being near to Spectre in power thus have the restriction on cannot end a crisis by himself
Zeus = The only I know little above probably very close to the marvel character skyfather leveled character.
Shazam = Died fighting the spectre numerous indications of omniscience and omnipresence.
Yes I know little to nothing about them.

You don't have to. I didn't count on it either.

But Odins isn't the Writers favorite Character when we are looking for a good story with a big bad guy right.

Utrigita
oh forgot they are all magic users

leonidas
earth X, what do you have to support the other way around?

No not the same The Black Celestial was created by the using a Black Galaxy that previously housed Ego, Tiamut was imprisoned doing the second host so they aren't the same celestial.

Simple, the most obvious is that the Celestials is the spawn of Eternity and Galactus Death and Galactus always referer to each other as family, so why would Galactus get into conflict with his "family".

How often do you show scans to help you opponent in a debate ???
a quick run through of the Characters that he is fighting:
Ganthet = Guardian of the universe (a Oa)
Highfather = current staying at New Genesis, fighting indirectly Darkseid most of his time after he got BEATEN by him, possesses the Astro Force some would say alpha effect
Phantom Stranger = a being near to Spectre in power thus have the restriction on cannot end a crisis by himself
Zeus = The only I know little above probably very close to the marvel character skyfather leveled character.
Shazam = Died fighting the spectre numerous indications of omniscience and omnipresence.
Yes I know little to nothing about them.

You don't have to. I didn't count on it either.

But Odins isn't the Writers favorite Character when we are looking for a good story with a big bad guy right.

i don't bother to comment if i can't give a fair assessment. a fair assessment implies knowing both. i don't know ALL the q REALLY well, but i know all of them well enough to say that at regular power g isn't beating them as a combo.

i'll check the dreaming/black celestial, but i was pretty sure they were considered the same entity. i recall the celestial who was birthed in the black galaxy, but that was a NEW celestial that hasn't been seen since unless he appeared very currently. DC has been 'free' a couple different times, or at least fragments of his power have been i think.

as far as highfather -- many on the forums would say DS could beat galactus solo, so your point doesn't carry much weight. i do NOT agree, but DS could make life tough for g is he's written as he has been written in the past.

regardless, this isn't really a debate, so i'll end the discussion. we agree on the results, we simply disagree on the means and the reasons why the results would happen.

Utrigita
i don't bother to comment if i can't give a fair assessment. a fair assessment implies knowing both. i don't know ALL the q REALLY well, but i know all of them well enough to say that at regular power g isn't beating them as a combo.

i'll check the dreaming/black celestial, but i was pretty sure they were considered the same entity. i recall the celestial who was birthed in the black galaxy, but that was a NEW celestial that hasn't been seen since unless he appeared very currently. DC has been 'free' a couple different times, or at least fragments of his power have been i think.

as far as highfather -- many on the forums would say DS could beat galactus solo, so your point doesn't carry much weight. i do NOT agree, but DS could make life tough for g is he's written as he has been written in the past.

regardless, this isn't really a debate, so i'll end the discussion. we agree on the results, we simply disagree on the means and the reasons why the results would happen.

Okay its cool

No they isn't, they are two different celestials, he have recently been freed but until that time only part of his energy escaped and was harnessed by some eternal (I think)

Agree with you on DS would give Galactus a hard fight but Galactus would grind him if he is being written as he is written right now. Still would be a lovely fight to behold big grin

No it is more some kind of observation so make a quick drawing of the current situation:

1. IYO he would lose, IMO he would lose because of Phantom Stranger
2. He wins

Correct?

Thanx for the debate it was really funny big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.