Superbad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
...will be the best movie ever made.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FPc28FASaEE

Wolfie
I think the title just foreshadows the quality the movie will be.

Solo
Well, you can't expect every movie to be the next Underworld.

ragesRemorse
that was one of the greatest fake railersive iver seen man. good stuuf. If only the moive were made like that it might acually be good

Solo
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If only the moive were made like that it might acually be good
That is the real trailer, you know?

Bicnarok
looks crap

Dusty
Back yoself foo.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Dusty
Back yoself foo.

Translation required please.

Dusty
May I be the first to say:

This is the funniest movie I've ever ****ing seen.

SnakeEyes
I'm getting pretty pumped for this.

Looks hilarious.

Dusty
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm getting pretty pumped for this.

Looks hilarious.

Oh, it is. Non-stop laughs, in all honesty.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This looks like a funny movie. The 40year old Virgin was very funny and Knocked Up was hilarious so I'm expecting this to be on par with them.

xNIXSONx
cant wait for Superbad

SnakeEyes
Oh, it is. Non-stop laughs, in all honesty.

That's damn good news.

I'll be there Friday.

Smasandian
"McLovin" getting punched after the till still makes me laugh.

I'm going to see it. Looks entertaining.

Darth Vicious
Im there. This movie looks like its gonna be hillarius!

MildPossession
It does look funny, i will definitely see it.

Röland
McLovin!

InnerRise
I still don't see what all of the commotion is about over this movie. erm

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by InnerRise
I still don't see what all of the commotion is about over this movie. erm

Party pooper.

It has hype for 2 reasons that I can see:

1) It is made by the same crew who did "The 40-Year Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up." Both movies that a lot of people find hilarious, myself included.

and

2) Because it looks ****ing hilarious.

InnerRise
Yeah, I get the first point and have been hearing that a lot. I've seen 40 yr old virgin and I thought it was good and funny....tis all.

I haven't seen Knocked Up, which I've heard only good things about.

With that said........when I see the trailers for this movie..............it looks kind of disappointing to me.

forumcrew
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Party pooper.

It has hype for 2 reasons that I can see:

1) It is made by the same crew who did "The 40-Year Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up." Both movies that a lot of people find hilarious, myself included.

and

2) Because it looks ****ing hilarious.

the trailers remind me a lot of Supertroopers which is one of the greatest movies... ever so if its similar at all ill love it.

Skeets
Gonna see this tomorrow.

SelphieT
Yeah, I get the first point and have been hearing that a lot. I've seen 40 yr old virgin and I thought it was good and funny....tis all.

I haven't seen Knocked Up, which I've heard only good things about.

With that said........when I see the trailers for this movie..............it looks kind of disappointing to me.

Well, you have to realize trailers can be deceiving. I have seen movies that looked good on the trailers, but ending up being crap, and vise versa.

I personally want to see this because it has Michael Cera in it, the guy that played George Michael in Arrested Development. He's also on an online show called Clark and Michael. Thats some funny shit I tell ya.

clarkandmichael.com.

Smasandian
I thought the trailer for this movie was awesome.

Nothing beats them playing Van Halen and a guy named McLovin get punched in the face at the liqour store. Priceless. That one scene made my girlfriend and I made us want to watch it.

Skeets
Just got back from seeing it,and I liked it.
I thought is was great,not as great as Knocked Up but still great.

Only beef was the ending...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Very funny movie.

Myth
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

=Tired Hiker=
The rated R trailer is way better than the stupid tv ones. This trailer is hilarious . . .

aonSHi327wI

BackFire
Movie was so ****ing hilarious, my throat hurts from laughing so much.

SelphieT
I heard its beyond vulgar. I might see it tomorrow!!!!!

Pandemoniac
That trailer hit the spot! Heard nothing but praise, damn shame I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before it hits theaters around here. To bad they didn't put any T&A in it as the the rating allows it anyhow, still seems like a darn fun movie!

SnakeEyes
Saw it today.

Needless to say, I thought it was great!

I think I liked Knocked Up a bit more, but this is right up there. Hilarious film.

DarthLazious
I saw it at work before we put it up before the public and it was too funny.

InnerRise
It made like 31.2 M at the box office. erm

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Myth
You're right, it didn't make enough money to be worth seeing roll eyes (sarcastic)

=Tired Hiker=
My friends at work love this movie. One guy even saw it twice already.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
That horse's cock was so huge, my throat hurts from swallowing so much.

...anyhow, movie was alright; it had it's funny moments... the main characters were not that funny though, I found "McLovin" and the cops to be the highlights of the film.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Myth
You're right, it didn't make enough money to be worth seeing roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm right about something you said?

Weirdo.

When you ASSume, you make an @$$ out of you and only you.

Discos
Knocked Up & Superbad are yet to be released in British Cinema....and I aint no pirate guy so I will review it either this weekend or next.

The trailers I have seen are bichin' and thanks TH for the unrated trailer, great!

now, every now and again we always see the tagline "a bunch of highschool loser wanted to get f*cked before they go to college" and that spins alarm bells in my head saying "sweet, more highschool comedy" (which I love).

The fat guy is a great comedian onscreen, his characters are bassically the same, seen a few of his smaller roles, including Evan Almighty.

Discos - lovin' the producers of these movies!

oh yeah the Def Leppard soundtrack in the trailer, AWESOME!

Häzel
I thought it was hilarious, but way too much hype. You just can't help laughing at some of the stuff. It was an awesome echo of the golden age of Teen Movies (the 90's) when slapstick reigned supreme.

SelphieT
"Evan, I'm so wet"
"Yeah....I heard about that in Health class"

Myth
I'm right about something you said?

Weirdo.

When you ASSume, you make an @$$ out of you and only you.

You're the one that assumes it will be disappointing before you even see it. And when you say, "It made like 31.2 M at the box office" followed by the :/ face, it sure as heck seems to imply that you are not impressed by the box office numbers. So all in all, what I'm saying is watch the movie yourself before you pass judgment on it.

BinaryCleric
Great movie.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by SelphieT
"Evan, I'm so wet"
"Yeah....I heard about that in Health class"

lol i liked "Evan your pen!s is so soft!"

"Yea yours would be to if you had one"

haha

Myth
I believe it was "smooth", not "soft." It sort of changes the meaning with those words switched.

DarthLazious
Its a movie everyone who wants a great laugh should go see.

Darth Vicious
Just saw it. Excellent movie. It had me laughing time the whole time. The fat kid was pretty funny, so were the cops. I really thought they were gonna kiss when they were in Evan's room. Skinny kid seemed kinda gay.

InnerRise
You're the one that assumes it will be disappointing before you even see it. And when you say, "It made like 31.2 M at the box office" followed by the :/ face, it sure as heck seems to imply that you are not impressed by the box office numbers. So all in all, what I'm saying is watch the movie yourself before you pass judgment on it. How about you ask me what I meant by the smiley before you pass judgement on me assumatist. erm

ANATA WA WAKARIMASU KA.....

Tattoo
I believe it was "smooth", not "soft." It sort of changes the meaning with those words switched.

Correct.

Captain REX
Still need to see it. w00t

ladygrim

Mairuzu

you get the point.. still funny

Lord Shaper
Badass movie, loved it.

SelphieT
I loved it when Evan put like, flour on the Asian kid's face, and he started to act like a cat. laughing out loud

Mairuzu
Whats up gangstas!

DarthLazious
I can't wait to see the deleted scenes when it comes out on DVD.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Very funny movie.

sithsaber408
Indeed, it gave me and the missus a few chuckles.

The aforementioned part where the big kid tells the hot girl that she can scratch his back but it's located on his c--- was hilarious.

All in all, it's actually kind of a sweet movie about first loves. (with lots of dick and fart jokes, of course)

Weird, Aptow seems to sneak that in most of his films... like 40-year old Virgin or Knocked Up.

They're R-rated and raunchy, but kinda cute too.

He's got a good streak going, we'll just have to see if it holds true in his next film.

(I never laughed harder than when James Franco flips out cursing and acting like a primadona when the chick barfs in Knocked Up)

Impediment
I'm going to go see this tomorrow. I can't wait to see it.

DanZeke25
How about you ask me what I meant by the smiley before you pass judgement on me assumatist. erm

ANATA WA WAKARIMASU KA.....

Okay, what DID you mean? I want to hear it, because I can't think of any other explanation other than that you weren't impressed by the box office score, and it makes you want to see it that much less.

Anyway.....

BEST.MOVIE.EVER.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Superbad is a very funny film. I laughed from the get go. Being as this is also a hit for Sony Pictures, they should be announcing a sequel soon.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superbad.htm

tabby999
Hasn't there been enough "Nerds trying to get laid" movies?

Fallen
this movie was just amazingly hysterical. eek!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by tabby999

People don't understand that unless these people are somehow stopped, there will never be an end.

-AC

Tattoo
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Superbad is a very funny film. I laughed from the get go. Being as this is also a hit for Sony Pictures, they should be announcing a sequel soon.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superbad.htm

No they won't. Seth Rogan and Judd Apatow aren't idiots who are going to milk their film. They have more original stories waiting in the wings that they will release, same humor, different plots.

SelphieT

Well the guys who wrote this, wrote it when they were 13 years old. So, its not their fault there's been a bunch of those movies inbetween.

I'd say its a lot better than nearly any "get laid" movie.

Dusty

Don't even start with that.

Sadako of Girth
Ive too seen the multitudes of generic teen movies over the years and feel quite jaded about them.... But this still made me laugh out loud on numerous occasions. A rare gem.

tabby999
Don't even start with that.

Why not, its not like there hasn't been a million of them.

Originally posted by SelphieT
Well the guys who wrote this, wrote it when they were 13 years old. So, its not their fault there's been a bunch of those movies inbetween.

I'd say its a lot better than nearly any "get laid" movie.

Good for them, more power to them, it just amazes me that so many people complain that the movies of late are fluff then lap up the same stuff all over again. Then complain some more.

Dusty
Why not, its not like there hasn't been a million of them.

We've been seeing the same ****ing films for ages upon ages. I can count the number of TRULY original films so far this year on one hand. To say "Hasn't there been enough?" of a particular plotline is pretty pointless. Since it can be said for basically every film out there.

tabby999
And its a sad state of affairs to be a movie goer in. I dont deny that most movies are rehashes of old movies, it starts that "is there any truly original ideas" debate, but it dosn't mean we should just accept it constantly, and you have to admit, there has been plenty of this particular type of movie made in the past few years.

Dusty
And its a sad state of affairs to be a movie goer in. I dont deny that most movies are rehashes of old movies, it starts that "is there any truly original ideas" debate, but it dosn't mean we should just accept it constantly, and you have to admit, there has been plenty of this particular type of movie made in the past few years.

Agreed. However, I'd have to say that this particular one differentiates itself quite well.

SelphieT
Agreed. However, I'd have to say that this particular one differentiates itself quite well.

Indeed. thumb up

Discos
saw it on friday....hyped up too much for me so i was a little bit disappointed.

Hilarious though, was a bit of a weird plot - it's a film I wouldnt be able to watch again and again and still find it funny.

Discos - 9/10

Tattoo
Originally posted by Discos
saw it on friday....hyped up too much for me so i was a little bit disappointed.

Hilarious though, was a bit of a weird plot - it's a film I wouldnt be able to watch again and again and still find it funny.

Discos - 9/10

I on the other hand can find it funny again and again. yes

I've already seen it 6 times.

Alpha Centauri
A piece of trash movie spawned by other piece of trash movies that will spawn many other piece of trash movies, that is until people eventually demand more from filmmakers than remakes and rehashes.

I suppose anything is possible with comedy now, seeing as how Dane Cook is considered "funny".

-AC

Robtard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A piece of trash movie spawned by other piece of trash movies that will spawn many other piece of trash movies, that is until people eventually demand more from filmmakers than remakes and rehashes.

I suppose anything is possible with comedy now, seeing as how Dane Cook is considered "funny".

-AC

Did you watch it?

I didn't think it was that bad, I didn't care for the two main characters much, but the dynamics between the cops and "McLovin" had some funny moments.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Robtard
Did you watch it?

I didn't think it was that bad, I didn't care for the two main characters much, but the dynamics between the cops and "McLovin" had some funny moments.

Nah, judged based purely on rabid assumption and personal bias...

-AC

Robtard
Nah, judged based purely on rabid assumption and personal bias...

-AC

I see, same reasons as to why you've yet to "bed" a female.

Alpha Centauri
It's called sarcasm, I've seen the movie.

Yeah, personal bias plays a part in my choosing of women. I only like nice ones and that.

-AC

BackFire
AC's upset because there weren't enough cock shots in the movie and the man sitting next to him refused to let AC blow him.

Alpha Centauri
This was a contributing factor.

-AC

Robtard
It's called sarcasm, I've seen the movie.

Yeah, personal bias plays a part in my choosing of women. I only like nice ones and that.

-AC

I know...

SelphieT

-AC

I totally agree with that crap about Dane Cook. I hope you weren't being sarcastic about that.

Alpha Centauri
No, really.

I'm all for subjectivity, and realise humour is also subjective, but if you like Dane Cook I think you should just re-evaluate your perceptive skills.

-AC

Discos
This movie is crazing the world box office, and I remember it being advertised just as much as Knocked Up and the other recent movies,

Probably being resembles to American Pie got all the hipie students all excited.

Critic
I thought the vulgarity of the movie was delightfully funny. I wasn't expecting it to be completely original, but the depiction of the sexual outlook within adolescent teenagers was somewhat accurate and I thought it was quite humorous.

D-Wag
"If you stratch our backs we'll scratch yours"
"Well, the funny thing about my is, its located on my cock"

musilian
i accidentally watched this with my boyfriend and his mom.

sad

obiindy
funniest movie ive seen in ages

SnakeEyes
Came out on DVD today.

Just bought it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.