Link vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Street-G
Link from Ocarina of Time...
Ryu from Street Fighter 3...

A fight on a big flat landscape. Who wins?

Link is allowed to use all his gadgets, but only those from Ocarina of Time.
Dark Ryu is not allowed.

So their wildcards are limited to only themself.

Oh, and Link is grown up

Street-G
A cool post i found on the fight:

-----------------
Ryu is more much skilled than Link and would probably unarm Link. So Link sword and shield is probably a nonfactor. Keep in mind that martial arts was created for selfdefense against armed opponents, especially Karate, in which Ryu is also an expert.

Then, it seems to be a hand-to-hand fight... Ryu with his hadoken and handtohandskills and Link with his magic and fists. Links other weapons are pretty much a nonfactor in this fight.

Ryu is much more skilled than Link handtohand and seemingly a big way faster. While Link easily lifts mountains and is barely scratched by getting boulders hurled at him. So Link is easily more powerful and stable.

Link is in formidable shape and good at sidesteping and jump backwardss with great speed. He would probably dodge the Hadouken fireball with relative ease, so its pretty much a nonfactor. Link dodges a lot of stuff, anyways. Even through Ryu would never be able to avoid Din\'s Fire, which pierces the terrain.

Link always figures out how to defeat his opponent, so he is figurably very smart. He would use 2 or 3 DIns fires to handicap Ryu, then use Nayrus love to become immortal for around a minute, enough to knock the now slower and more damaged Ryu.

Link wins, 8/10
------------------

Through i rather think its a 6.5/10 to Link, and could go either way

shin_remy
Has link his fairy's?

Street-G
If he had, it would be unfair.
So no, no fairys, i forgot to say thatwink

Xenogears
W8wZL54U2fgReplace Ivy with Ryu at 00:14 and that would be the outcome of this match.

Xenogears
WATCH THE VIDEO

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Street-G
A cool post i found on the fight:

-----------------
Ryu is more much skilled than Link and would probably unarm Link. So Link sword and shield is probably a nonfactor. Keep in mind that martial arts was created for selfdefense against armed opponents, especially Karate, in which Ryu is also an expert.

Then, it seems to be a hand-to-hand fight... Ryu with his hadoken and handtohandskills and Link with his magic and fists. Links other weapons are pretty much a nonfactor in this fight.

Ryu is much more skilled than Link handtohand and seemingly a big way faster. While Link easily lifts mountains and is barely scratched by getting boulders hurled at him. So Link is easily more powerful and stable.

Link is in formidable shape and good at sidesteping and jump backwardss with great speed. He would probably dodge the Hadouken fireball with relative ease, so its pretty much a nonfactor. Link dodges a lot of stuff, anyways. Even through Ryu would never be able to avoid Din\'s Fire, which pierces the terrain.

Link always figures out how to defeat his opponent, so he is figurably very smart. He would use 2 or 3 DIns fires to handicap Ryu, then use Nayrus love to become immortal for around a minute, enough to knock the now slower and more damaged Ryu.

Link wins, 8/10
------------------

Through i rather think its a 6.5/10 to Link, and could go either way

You're basing gameplay on the outcome now. Considering the game was E and due to graphical limitations at the time of the N64 I doubt there would be blood on Link. Ryu is far faster and more skilled then Link. Adult Link from OoT has the experience of a 10 year old while Ryu has far more experience.

The match goes to Ryu.

Xenogears
Seriously, I think Link's outclassed by any version of Ryu.

shin_remy
nah, he has no fairy's i don't see anything that will lead him to his victory

and now i'm going to wait till somebody post : has omg gosh sutch a durability and he can lift a rock or something like that

Xenogears
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa256/Thorin_bucket/1170914508261.gif

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Xenogears

YEEAAHHHH BOOOOYEEEEEEE!!!!

Xenogears
Now watch that while listening to this,g_TR3BbXWQ4I think it goes well with it.

Emperor Ashtar
Now watch that while listening to this,g_TR3BbXWQ4I think it goes well with it.

I love that video.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by shin_remy
nah, he has no fairy's i don't see anything that will lead him to his victory

and now i'm going to wait till somebody post : has omg gosh sutch a durability and he can lift a rock or something like that

Link would WTFpwn Ryu because he can lift a boulder and has Nayru's Love which makes him invincible even though it negates him using any of his other magic. stick out tongue

JK; Link may be able to swing his sword once before Ryu puts him on the floor.

Superboy Prime

Link wins.

Every OoT gadget means Link can:

1. Teleport
2. Make himself invulnerable to harm
3. Unleash a blast of fire that would burn Ryu to crisp
4. Has bombs
5. Mirror shield which might deflect Ryu's Hadouken/Shinku

etc.

Don't get me wrong because Ryu is tough and all, but against Link he is simply outclassed.

Xenogears
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Link would WTFpwn Ryu because he can lift a boulder and has Nayru's Love which makes him invincible even though it negates him using any of his other magic. stick out tongue

JK; Link may be able to swing his sword once before Ryu puts him on the floor. I seriously laughed my @$$ off when I read this laughing

Violent2Dope

313 Sexy to the ZOMGWTFPWNAGE max.

Superboy Prime
Where can we get more of those Xeno? >>

Violent2Dope
Seriously though Link wins. His arsenal is too wide for Ryu to overcome. Don't judge Link by gameplay because remember, he's beaten Ganon on many separate occasions who is very strong, fast, and powerful( and who IMO would beat Ryu's @$$).

Who else?

313 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xenogears
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Where can we get more of those Xeno? >> I don't know, but I found it in the Sex Party thread in off topic so, if you want to see more of those you might want to drop by there every now and then like I do.

ESB -1138

...interesting

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Seriously though Link wins. His arsenal is too wide for Ryu to overcome. Don't judge Link by gameplay because remember, he's beaten Ganon on many separate occasions who is very strong, fast, and powerful( and who IMO would beat Ryu's @$$).

Really? He swung his sword and played volleyball with the great King of Evil. Then he bested a giant slow moving boar. Ganondorf isn't fast. His swordfight with Link in TP shows that. He's pretty slow.

Ryu would WTFpwn Link because (1) Ryu has more experience (2) Ryu is faster (3) Ryu is capable of performing a LOT more attacks that actually hurt. OMG!! Link can shoot a bow at a horse slowly coming out of a painting! He must be a GOD!!

Xenogears
LMFAO

Link gets owned.

Ryu's reaction time is at least fast enough to dodge a petty sword swipe. All he has to do here is just dodge one swipe from Link, disarm him and punch him sending him flying. He then charges up a ki blast and shoots it at Link. Link is WTFpwned by then.

Cooples
Link's sword fighting is not so bad at all.
anyone here played super smash bros?
I honestly think link could hold his own.

IceJaw

Link wins.

Every OoT gadget means Link can:

1. Teleport
2. Make himself invulnerable to harm
3. Unleash a blast of fire that would burn Ryu to crisp
4. Has bombs
5. Mirror shield which might deflect Ryu's Hadouken/Shinku

etc.

Don't get me wrong because Ryu is tough and all, but against Link he is simply outclassed. Agreed.

And that gif is everywhere...

Cooples
you know that does make alot of sense. Seeing as how Link can use things such a naru's love (sp?) which completely make his unotuchable for brief amounts of time, as well as other usefull things like frozen arrows, dins fire, hookshots, and boomerangs, Link has a fair chance.
and if Link can really use anythign he wants then he could always just pull out the fierce deity mask and would literally be unbeatable to a point.

Superboy Prime
LMFAO

Link gets owned.

Ryu's reaction time is at least fast enough to dodge a petty sword swipe. All he has to do here is just dodge one swipe from Link, disarm him and punch him sending him flying. He then charges up a ki blast and shoots it at Link. Link is WTFpwned by then.

No. He is not.

Link's Mirror Shield will render Ryu's ki blasts useless.

If anything Link curbstomps Ryu. Thinking otherwise is wishful thinking on behalf of Ryu.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by ESB -1138
...interesting

Really? He swung his sword and played volleyball with the great King of Evil. Then he bested a giant slow moving boar. Ganondorf isn't fast. His swordfight with Link in TP shows that. He's pretty slow.

Ryu would WTFpwn Link because (1) Ryu has more experience (2) Ryu is faster (3) Ryu is capable of performing a LOT more attacks that actually hurt. OMG!! Link can shoot a bow at a horse slowly coming out of a painting! He must be a GOD!!

Fanboy.

Link curbstomps Ryu.

Also do not use gameplay to state Link is slow. Ryu can be KOed by a simple jab. Do you want me to run around saying Ryu can be KOed by a stupid jab?

Besides this isn't TP. This is OoT Link.

Violent2Dope
DONT JUDGE GAMEPLAY! Ganon is fast as shown in WW and TP(not the fights). In WW he ran up to Link and knocked him out very quickly and in TP when he broke his chains in an instant he ran up and killed a sage with a punch. Link beats Ryu because of his large arsenal and his wits. He is not as slow as gameplay makes him out to be.

Xenogears
Fanboy.

Link curbstomps Ryu.

Also do not use gameplay to state Link is slow. Ryu can be KOed by a simple jab. Do you want me to run around saying Ryu can be KOed by a stupid jab?

Besides this isn't TP. This is OoT Link. It's funny when you start off a post like that...

Fanboy.

That's just classic and memorable.

Superboy Prime
It's funny when you start off a post like that...

Fanboy.

That's just classic and memorable.

I know!!

Happy Dance

smokin'

Xenogears
I liked it especially when you stated that in response to quotes such as:

"Akuma can solo the Ninja Gaiden verse"

Superboy Prime
LoL.

Oh yeah the good ole DOA sucks SF is God days.

A time when Akuma could solo the entire Ninja Gaiden, DOA, SNK, Namco verses in his sleep.

Xenogears
hysterical

Violent2Dope
Akuma can solo the DC universe in his sleep with the moon chained to his leg! cool

Kazenji
Ryu from the breath of fire games would've been a better match up then ryu from streetfighter.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Kazenji
Ryu from the breath of fire games would've been a better match up then ryu from streetfighter. Who?

Kazenji
RYU from breath of fire

do you not understand english ?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Kazenji
RYU from breath of fire

do you not understand english ? ...Who? smokin'

Xenogears
http://www.kiesler.at/images/fatcat/images/ryu_20040503.jpg

Superboy Prime
The day I played BOF3 is the day I accidentally ran over my ex-girlfriend's cat...

*Laughs out loud remembering the incident*

Xenogears
Superboy Prime is evil?

Kazenji
http://www.kiesler.at/images/fatcat/images/ryu_20040503.jpg

Thats him

He would most likey own link with all his dragon powers.

Violent2Dope
Still cant beat Samuel L. Jackson.

shin_remy
is it hard for you to admit that Link loses!! laughing

IceJaw
is it hard for you to admit that Link loses!! laughing I dunno, is that a question?

You can't even say how he's supposed to win.

Violent2Dope
is it hard for you to admit that Link loses!! laughing No it's not, I said that the Ryu from BOF wouldn't beat Jackson because he's bringing up an irrevelant character to this debate. I don't even know who Ryu from BOF is and I don't much care. If he can destroy the world tho than yeah I guess he could beat Link.

Swe_Bum
Seriously, why do everyone on the VS forum think Ryu can beat
anyone?!

Hes just a regular guy with some powers, HE CAN DIE! Jeez, get it?

shin_remy
nah, it was about Ryu from BOF smile

but it's oke now big grin

peace wink

Superboy Prime
Easy on Shin Remy. He knows Ryu can't beat Link unless it's a severely handicapped Link.

Don't make me go run over your kittens, peeps!

Violent2Dope
Easy on Shin Remy. He knows Ryu can't beat Link unless it's a severely handicapped Link.

Don't make me go run over your kittens, peeps! Dude...If you tried to run over my kitten he would lift your car off the ground and throw it into the sun! Oh and just so you know I killed Ayane and left her hanging on the ceiling fan so she would kick you in the head! devil

Cooples
Link wins.
he has a fierce dietys mask
Ryu would never get close.

Superboy Prime
Dude...If you tried to run over my kitten he would lift your car off the ground and throw it into the sun! Oh and just so you know I killed Ayane and left her hanging on the ceiling fan so she would kick you in the head! devil

*Takes a look at his check list

x Kill self after finding out Jin won T5
x Kill soul after believing Ayane was murdered

-=adds a new one=-

x Haunt and make life miserable for Violent2Dope and his kryptonian superkitten*

Xenogears
Said superkitten will WTFpwn Ryu and Link.

Violent2Dope
My Kryptokitty would kill any game character in excistence and make Jedah Dohma toss her salad.

Xenogears
My Kryptokitty would kill any game character in excistence and make Jedah Dohma toss her salad. Nice! laughing

Violent2Dope
She'd make Jedah clip his fingernails, wash the paint off em, and make him stop wearing his gay outfit. Then she'd beat the blue out of him.

Xenogears
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/Kitty_J.jpg

Violent2Dope
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/MJOLNIR_VII/Kitty_J.jpg laughing laughing out loud Happy Dance eek! cool smokin' rolling on floor laughing big grin evil face ! That's just funny.

Xenogears
smile

Violent2Dope
love

Xenogears
Jedah is from Manstalkers.

Violent2Dope
Jedah is from Manstalkers. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance eek! big grin smile embarrasment sick mad So true!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.