Shadowcat and D.L. Hawkins vs. Sylar and The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phase
An interesting mix of the marvel world and the heroes world!

Who wins?

Team Phase? or team....umm...sylar and thing.....?

(No prep, fight takes place in krby plaza)

Sin I AM
interesting but I see team phase taking the majority, seeings as how there is no way Sylar or Thing could stop either of them from phasing metal objects inside their heads

lando005
wouldnt thing and jessica be a better team up?

phase
I was thinking Thing and Jessica, but I chose Sylar to make it more fair, he can use his telekinesis on both D.L. and kitty (despite wat SIn I am sez) even wen they're phased. The question is can he do it b4 one of them slips underground? ..... and then pulls him under?

lando005
well sylar already managed to kill D.L. in the alternate timeline

phase
Yes, but let's sylar is focussing on D.L., that myt give kitty the chance to slip underground - coz let's face it, the Thing is redundant here. SO, its just whether D.L. and/or kitty can somehow stop sylar....

Scarlet_Spidey
Sylar owns all. It's a fact. But what Sylar do you mean, the sylar with superhearing, shape shifting, object melting, etc... or the original sylar only with telekenisis ?

phase
Sylar at the end of season 1 (not alternate future). So he has...
Telekinesis
Cryokinesis
Superhearing
Superspeed
Eiditic Memory
Precognition
Radiation Manipulation
....persuasion/scary voice..........and possibly a few others!

Supreme being
Originally posted by phase
Sylar at the end of season 1 (not alternate future). So he has...
Telekinesis
Cryokinesis
Superhearing
Superspeed
Eiditic Memory
Precognition
Radiation Manipulation
....persuasion/scary voice..........and possibly a few others!

He didn't get Edens power of persuasion so no he doesn't have that. And kitty and DL for the win.

phase
okay, i wasnt sure about persuasion. but another one I missed off was Zane Taylor's metallic liquefaction - but i dont think tht will be of much use here.

I still say team phase for the win, as one of them could surely go underground b4 Sylar telegrabs them. Besides if we're talkin Kitty at her best, she cud always ground-phase Sylar, i.e. phase the ground beneath him!

Magee
He doesn't have superspeed either... Phasing wont help team one from being mind raped.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Magee
He doesn't have superspeed either... Phasing wont help team one from being mind raped.

confused And whose going to mind rape them?

phase
MInd rape them??? sad Sylar doesnt havnt any form of telepathy. (Besides being phased (in kitty's case) does provide resistance against telepathy).

And i'm sure Sylar has Superspeed. In Homecoing, he suddenly appears next to peter and in Fallout (I think - well wenever Eden dies, Sylar superspeeds towards her and breaks the glass. .....or maybe he's using TK to move faster?

So, anyway, anyone got any more viewws on how the fight would go?

celestialdemon
I think Sylar just used his TK to move faster. I don't think he actually has super speed. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure he has Charlie's perfect memory, either. He got upset when Mohinder destroyed the list. Shouldn't he have been able to remember it?

As for the fight, has Thing ever been phased through before? I ask because I know Kitty has problems phasing through certain objects depending on how dense they are. If neither one can phase through him, then they can't win.

phase
Well in the many Kitty vs Hulk threads, she can phase him. besides adamantium - densest substance - she can still phase thru it, just makes her sick, plus she can phsae thing into the ground. So i rele dont think thing is an issue here.

As for Sylar having Charlie's memory, it is constantly fought over. In the online comics, he appears to show it, but hasn't on the show and ur point about remebeing the list is a v. gd one....interesting.

However, having an eidetic memory isn't going to help much in this fight (Sylar will just b able to recall the name of his completely redundant partner!)

So, I still think that team phase takes it, or does anyone think Sylar can handle them?

celestialdemon
Well in the many Kitty vs Hulk threads, she can phase him. besides adamantium - densest substance - she can still phase thru it, just makes her sick, plus she can phsae thing into the ground. So i rele dont think thing is an issue here.

That's true. If she can phase through the Hulk, then she should have no problem with the Thing. So, if they play it smart, then team phase should win.

As for Sylar having Charlie's memory, it is constantly fought over. In the online comics, he appears to show it, but hasn't on the show and ur point about remebeing the list is a v. gd one....interesting.

Yeah, I'm wondering if something being wrong with her brain prevented Sylar from learning how her power worked.

Lethal_Rise
wow...this thread isn't closed yet, amazing

phase
OK, i didn't realise Heroes threads were "frowned upon". But anyway, if any1 feels Sylar has a chnace at beating the phasists, let's hear it ..............and hope this thread isn't closed!

Sin I AM
show me a scan where telekinesis affects a person phasing

LORDSIDIOUS01
Where is D.L.'s older sister Sophie B. at?

phase
Originally posted by Sin I AM
show me a scan where telekinesis affects a person phasing

I don't know of a scan, but why would telekinesis not affect a phased person? their atoms are still there, they dont slip out of existence!!!

The Pict
D.L is the non factor, Jessica just about beat him.

Kitty will win this IMO

celestialdemon
I don't know of a scan, but why would telekinesis not affect a phased person? their atoms are still there, they dont slip out of existence!!!

True, they are still there, but the character would have to have enough fine tune control of their telekinetic power to affect atoms. I have yet to see or hear of a telekinetic who has that power.

phase
Phoenix perhaps??? But anyway, they don't need "fine tuned control", obviously i misled u by saying atoms.... ok, their bodies are still there, phased objects just negate other effects of matter. The "ephemeral energy" given off by Kitty wouldnt stop TK. But I think its clear, Kitty would kill Sylar (D.L.'s not rele a "non-factor", he's just not as experienced with his powers as kitty is.)

Symmetric Chaos
There are too many different types of phasing erm

Some like MM shift part of their mass to another dimension.

Others under go some sort of phase shift similar in the frequency of the matter in their atoms which places them 90 degrees off from our world. Of course thats BS since it would make them invisible too but since thats how Kitty's powers are explained IIRC it means that TK would pass through without touching her.

phase
Actually, the theory I heard of Kitty's powers was tht she pulled her electrons in so that they orbitted far far far coser to the atom's nucleus (she now has x1000 smaller atoms). Not only does this make it more likely that other atoms will pass thur her, but (from quantum physics) electrons are not supposed to be in the nucleus and so they r constantly trying to fly off, but as kitty forces them to remain there, (as electrons are now bring 4t of as "waves"wink they gives out gushes of electromagnetic repulsive energy. This makes sure that if another atom is heading towards them, it will b deflected thru the now larger spaces of her atoms, becuase of this "ephemeral energy".

If this theory is accepted, then it is reasonable to expect tht TK will still affect her.

Btw, does anyone no of a time where kitty has fought a Telekinetic?

xmarksthespot
In Excalibur vs X-Men, a younger Jean Grey couldn't affect Kitty directly with TK. Jean lacked the training she currently has though. However Kitty has also grown since then.

Syler's telekinesis always seemed relatively crude to me. So I don't think he could really affect her either.

Oh and just a BTW I don't think Syler ever gained Charlie's memory abilities, Hiro went back in time and changed the past and she had an aneurysm iirc.

phase

celestialdemon
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Oh and just a BTW I don't think Syler ever gained Charlie's memory abilities, Hiro went back in time and changed the past and she had an aneurysm iirc.

Damn, I forgot about that. He definitely didn't get Charlie's power then.

phase
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Hiro went back in time six months ago, at tht time we see sylar has no powers, and has only just gained telekinesis. How is there anyway tht this stops Sylar coming to her six months later and killing charlie. Plus Mohinder mentions Charlie Andrews as another on the list being murdered, and in the finale, Sylar's eyes flash with all the ppl he has killed, and charlie is among them.

But so as not to go off topic, now tht we're sure TK does affect phasin ppl, are we still sure tht Team Phase wins? For, unless sylar automatically picks them both up with TK, (and we sy tht kitty can't phase the ground at a distance), i think Team Phase wins 8/10.

xmarksthespot
I went back and looked. It didn't really flash all the people he'd killed it just showed a few random scenes ending with him seeing himself dying. Isaac technically saw alternate futures too so that doesn't necessarily mean that Syler actually killed her. I can't remember the Mohinder thing. He never displayed her ability. Regardless it's not going to be helpful anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.