Sephiroth vs. Grahf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
Sephiroth awakens after stumbling through a portal and immediately realizes he's not in his own world. For one thing, his world doesn't have giant robots flying in the sky. The brown and gold robot he spotted lands near him. A figure emerges from the middle. The strangely garbed masked man looks towards Sephiroth and raises his arm. "Doth thou desire the power?" Sephiroth draws his sword. "I am power." The masked man, jumps down and discards his cape. "I am Grahf, the seeker of power. Prove it."

1st Round: Grahf vs. AC Sephiroth (or if you prefer, KH2 Sephiroth.)

2nd round: another portal opens and a mishapen and distorted lifeform crashes at Sephiroth's feet. "Mother........" He grabs it and instantly begins transforming. Grahf leaps backward into the waiting cockpit of his gear. Alpha Weltall's wings outstretch and it takes a combat stance.

Safer Sephiroth vs. Alpha Weltall.

Xenogears
And the winner of this matchup is

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/T5_Panda.jpg

ESB -1138
What game is Grahf from?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by ESB -1138
What game is Grahf from?

Xenogears.

Xenogears
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Xenogears. 131 ?

ESB -1138
From what I read I'm going with Sephiroth but my knowledge on Grahf is limited by that three paragraph summary of him on wikipedia.

Emperor Ashtar
Grahf is much much cooler than Seph

ESB -1138
That's a matter of opinion

Emperor Ashtar
That's a matter of opinion

I think it's a Matter of Fact smile

Superboy Prime
Grahf.

Grahf is what Sephiroth wants to be when he grows up.

Xenogears
mad

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/T5_Panda.jpg

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Grahf.

Grahf is what Sephiroth wants to be when he grows up.

What? Sephiroth became a god.

Plus his name is Grahf. Grahf? Ohhhh sounds scary.

http://www.cai.org.br/CAI-series/Xenogears/grahf01.jpg
I am Grahf! I have come to destroy you...hey stop laughing!!

Xenogears

I am Grahf! I have come to destroy you...hey stop laughing!! LOL

Safer Sephiroth would own him

TricksterPriest

I am Grahf! I have come to destroy you...hey stop laughing!!

Grahf means lord in german. And he has one of the greatest boss themes in RPG history. Do you know how powerful Grahf is? During the game Xenogears, he destroys giant mecha WITH HIS BARE HANDS.

And to prove it, here's a clip from Xenogears, Grahf shows up at around 15:30ish. I apologize for the long clip, but it's the only I could find of this fight.

Nn4zYaYKSK4

Emperor Ashtar
Well said. . .plus he can perform Hadoukens.

ESB -1138
Grahf means lord in german. And he has one of the greatest boss themes in RPG history. Do you know how powerful Grahf is? During the game Xenogears, he destroys giant mecha WITH HIS BARE HANDS.

And to prove it, here's a clip from Xenogears, Grahf shows up at around 15:30ish. I apologize for the long clip, but it's the only I could find of this fight.

Nn4zYaYKSK4

...I hate to say it but Sephiroth is the greatest boss in RPG history. #1 at a Top 10 Video Game Bosses list on Electronic Gaming Monthly, winning a GameFAQs character battle of villains and being named by G4's Filter as "Best Final Fantasy Villain" and "Best Bad Guy".

Defeating powerful enemies isn't anything Cloud hasn't done. He did defeat the Weapons:

McO--18SmYk
6Sz1TMa2AXo
CEyV8KhmW_M

So nothing really special there. This would be the greatest boss fight in RPG history if not one of the greatest boss fights in video game history:

kkFphJHi608

Emperor Ashtar
More like the most overrated boss in Video Game history.

TricksterPriest
Safer Sephiroth one of the greatest boss fights in history? Horseshit. FF3's final battle with Kefka and the statues, that was one of the greatest boss fights of all time. The Xenogears last boss fight with the Deus core was a spectacular fight.

2nd, Grahf isn't fighting Safer Sephiroth on his own. He's doing it with Alpha Weltall, which magnifies all his abilities at least 50x.

Superboy Prime
...I hate to say it but Sephiroth is the greatest boss in RPG history. #1 at a Top 10 Video Game Bosses list on Electronic Gaming Monthly, winning a GameFAQs character battle of villains and being named by G4's Filter as "Best Final Fantasy Villain" and "Best Bad Guy".

Defeating powerful enemies isn't anything Cloud hasn't done. He did defeat the Weapons:

McO--18SmYk
6Sz1TMa2AXo
CEyV8KhmW_M

So nothing really special there. This would be the greatest boss fight in RPG history if not one of the greatest boss fights in video game history:

kkFphJHi608

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Greatest boss in RPG history?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You deluded fanboy. Boys just like his big ass sword. Girls love him for his Yaoi looks.

Sephiroth is the most over rated, one dimensional RPG boss ever.

BTW GamerFAQS is full of FF7 fanboys, so yeah. G4 is gay and everyone knows it. EGM is a joke.

Let me recap: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sephiroth's not even the greatest FF boss. To say that is to show your ignorance regarding FF.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Emperor Ashtar
Everyone know's Bowser is the greates boss in Video Game History.

Xenogears
Bowser sucks ass actually.Originally posted by ESB -1138

McO--18SmYk
6Sz1TMa2AXo
CEyV8KhmW_M

kkFphJHi608 QFT

TricksterPriest
Looking at this fight again, it's a very good match. Though, in terms of skill, Sephiroth is way outclassed, his magic helps even the odds against Grahf's chi and dark powers.

Though, Alpha Weltall is not getting much respect for the 2nd match......

http://guardian.leamonde.net/chars/orweltall.shtml
http://guardian.leamonde.net/chars/pics/orweltall.jpg

TricksterPriest
bumped because this is a better fight than most of the things near the top.

TricksterPriest
bumped again.

atv2
I have to go with Grahf. He's too powerful. I've never seen sephiroth fight without a sword, Grahf is strong with his bare hands. His chi blasts are amazing. Personally, I think his Alpha weltall could hold up against Safer Sephiroth, don't know about True Weltall.

P.S.

I think Sephiroth's facial appearance would fit on Grahf after 500 years!

Terryc250
Sephiroth wins this, i have yet to see him do anything that puts him at even Chaos and Omega's level

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Classic NES
Everyone know's Bowser is the greates boss in Video Game History. haermm

I am sorry, but that would be Ganondorf.

Wandering Flame
Looking at this fight again, it's a very good match. Though, in terms of skill, Sephiroth is way outclassed, his magic helps even the odds against Grahf's chi and dark powers.

Though, Alpha Weltall is not getting much respect for the 2nd match......

http://guardian.leamonde.net/chars/orweltall.shtml
http://guardian.leamonde.net/chars/pics/orweltall.jpg *sigh*

I miss the old chi is > magic bs logic.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
*sigh*

I miss the old chi is > magic bullshit logic. Who said that?

Wandering Flame
Every SF fanboy who graced this forum, at least.

Violent2Dope
Every SF fanboy who graced this forum, at least. Name them, or are you scared? sly

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Name them, or are you scared? sly Are you implying you don't know who they are?

Nn4zYaYKSK4 The video showed Grahf ripping apart nothing, hence failing to prove your argument.

Anyway, second round being a horrible curbstomp in Sephiroth's favor is crystal clear.

Originally posted by Classic NES
Well said. . .plus he can perform Hadoukens. ahahaha

fascistcrusader
I'll answer with a song:

Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth!

Violent2Dope
Are you implying you don't know who they are? http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5062/niggapleasekj2.jpg

SF fanboys don't exist.

Wandering Flame
That's reportable, so you know.

Saying SF fanboys don't exist is as bad as saying FF7 fanboys don't exist.

123KID
Grahf could just possess Sephiroth though his possessions can be fought so the whole Seph's will thing might counter that

still Grahf is nothing more than a spirit so even if Seph destroys Kahn (Grahf's current body) his spirit will live on unless you think Sephiroth can destroy the soul of the Contact

Grahf doesn't have many feats however
Id would destroy Seph though

Wandering Flame
Well seeing as TP would most likely say it's a fight between Grahf's spirit and Sephiroth's physical body laughing out loud...

My opinion remains constant here.

123KID
well Grahf can teleport to match Seph's teleporting

he also has "The Power" he can give to random losers and make them very uber
with "The Power" Grahf gave one man, he made a nearly invulnerable forcefield out of pure hate
Grahf did come in contact with the god of his universe and gained some abilities from Zohar, an infinite power source, but he's not all-powerful just immortal unless you're Deus the planetary killing machine

Terryc250
Sephiroth took over a great amount of the lifestream which is basically billions of souls/spirits, and had the power at his command

EvilAngel
I suggest learning more about BOTH character before debating in a thread you've made.....

Sephiroth in a warpstomp.

Why, Let's do a power list:

- Speed beyond the human eye, if you've seen Chaos vs Weiss, picture that, then increase their speed a bit, then you have Sephiroth's

- In the Crisis Core training match, Sephiroth cut though a giant cannon without his attacks losing momentum, coupled with his illusion impaled a giant serpent with a tree. We have good reason to suggest Sephiroth is enormously strong.

- If you know anything about Sephiroth you'll know he is the greatest sword master in the FF series.

- Sephiroth has shown powers beyond materia, like Pale Horse, Heartless Angel and Shadow Flare.

- Sephiroth's true power allows him to control his enemies, as shown in a video posted both in the vs. Kain , & vs. Jedah threads. Using this power it is also possible for him to tear his enemies to pieces, literally.

- Sephiroth has never been hurt by fire, suggesting he has a huge resistance to the elements, as he has also journeyed through icy mounts without ever loosing pace.

Sephiroth destroys Grahf horribly in round one.

Can't comment on round 2, because i have no way of knowing what x50 power is

Keollyn
1st round goes to Graf. He fights player gears on foot on a moving spacecraft. He can teleport and can theoretically do what Id can do... and that's tk-like energy holds. He's also faster and more durable than Sephiroth. Flight from Sephiroth would be minor annoyance

2nd round: You kidding me? Alpha Weltall withstood a district leveling explosion from a battle cruiser holding high yield explosives, curbstomp omnigears (those gears that are stronger than 1000 gears, and can destroy cities with a wave of their hands), and didn't get outright beaten by just awakened Xenogears. Seraph Sephiroth doesn't have much in the way of cutscenes working for him, but I can imagine that he's not winning against someone who'd curbstomp the entire team that beat him.

123KID
well that wasn't really Alpha Weltall
that was True Weltall because Deus had already sucked up the Anima Relic making it Alpha Weltall

even more impressive though considering it was no longer an Omnigear and thus much much weaker

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Keollyn
1st round goes to Graf.

.....Wrong

123KID
also don't forget two of the Gears that Grahf fought on foot were strong enough to physically move a massive aircraft in full forward motion

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Can't comment on round 2, because i have no way of knowing what x50 power is It's speculation, much like the feats of 90% of Darkstalkers.

123KID
Darkstalkers?

EvilAngel
It's speculation, much like the feats of 90% of Darkstalkers.

Okay, so what do you make of round 2?

Keollyn
Originally posted by 123KID
well that wasn't really Alpha Weltall
that was True Weltall because Deus had already sucked up the Anima Relic making it Alpha Weltall

When did Deus take Graf's anima container?

Edit: Ah... True is the diablos gear? But how did that make him weaker? Didn't he align his gear before he made contact?

Originally posted by EvilAngel
.....Wrong

http://vygotsky.ced.appstate.edu/NC_ABCs/SY01142_.gif

http://i.hotkeys.com/template_images/574089138/plane.jpg

Violent2Dope
It's speculation, much like the feats of 90% of Darkstalkers. No, saying KOSMOS can bust a universe under her own power is speculation. You're just a DS hater.

Wandering Flame
I'm hoping I wouldn't have to say this again. I was claming that was true since I thought Prime's statement (which was the same) was true. Deal with it n00bs. erm

Also, Grahf wins easily.

http://www.perlgurl.org/archives/blogpics/AfricaFieldNotes/WebGiraffe01.jpg

Violent2Dope
I'm hoping I wouldn't have to say this again. I was claming that was true since I thought Prime's statement (which was the same) was true. Deal with it n00bs. erm So you bought into SBP's speculation.

123KID
well didn't Days of Destruction when he released all the Diabolos happen after he made Contact and became Grahf ?

or did he have the Gear during the war with Solaris when he was still Lacan ?

i could be wrong
but if True Weltall is lacking an Anima Relic wouldn't that make it weaker than it was with the Omnigear Alpha Weltall?

Keollyn
Originally posted by 123KID
well didn't Days of Destruction when he released all the Diabolos happen after he made Contact and became Grahf ?

or did he have the Gear during the war with Solaris when he was still Lacan ?

i could be wrong
but if True Weltall is lacking an Anima Relic wouldn't that make it weaker than it was with the Omnigear Alpha Weltall?

Nah, it was my mistake. He made contact already.

I don't think it made him weaker. Remember that the anima container only allows more access to Zohar. Graf is similar to Fei, in that they don't need the anima container to get more access rights from the Zohar due to being the contact (in Graf's case, pseudo-contact)

If anything, the anima container just makes it so that Graf doesn't have to use too much of his own power (since we know his body wears out)

EvilAngel
I have been shown no evidence to believe that Grahf wins

TricksterPriest
How about stalemating Id or the fact that even if his body dies, Grahf can possess Sephiroth?

SHM
How about stalemating Id or the fact that even if his body dies, Grahf can possess Sephiroth?

Prove he can posses someone of Sephiroth's level(power level, and willpower). And AC Sephiroth's body is already possesed. He is possesing Jenova's body.

About stalemating Id... Well, I heard Id destroyed an entire city in a single attack. But guess what? The normal Junon Cannon could do the same(confirmed in BC), but it wasn't enough to destroy Sephiroth's barrier. I don't see Id or Grahf breaking it.

Not to mention Sephiroth is at least on the same level of Omega Weiss and Chaos Vincent. Confirmed by the creators themselves. And did you watch Weiss and Vincent's fight?!

Keollyn
Id destroyed a country, not a city. He also pierced through spacial barriers this country was surrounded in. Particle beam cannons had a hard time piercing through a portion of it.

Juno Cannon did nothing remotely close to that level of feat.

Besides, this barrier Sephiroth has.... never seen it in battle. Should I say that Graf, since Id can and has, and Graf gets his power from the same source, use massive TK-like energy?

Hannibal-Lector
about the first few posts.... Sephiroth is litterally the best villian of all time (not just my personal opinion but the masses, although individuals would disagree)
Electronic Gaming Monthly, GameFAQs, G4's Filter rated him as number one (although they only had their members do the poll)
and so did
GameSpot (which was a international poll, bowser came in second having 1 vote to every 5 of Sephiroths...)

but yeah i dont know enough about Grahf to make the call for this fight

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
about the first few posts.... Sephiroth is litterally the best villian of all time (not just my personal opinion but the masses, although individuals would disagree)
Electronic Gaming Monthly, GameFAQs, G4's Filter rated him as number one (although they only had their members do the poll)
and so did
GameSpot (which was a international poll, bowser came in second having 1 vote to every 5 of Sephiroths...)

but yeah i dont know enough about Grahf to make the call for this fight

IMO, the reason for that is that the hardcore gamers, the guys who are much better suited to make that judgement, do not respond to polls. The people who typically go into polls are the fanboys and people easily swayed by popular culture. Which of course dictates Sephiroth, despite his being vastly inferior to many of FF's villains, and even to other Squaresoft/Square-Enix villains.

Not to mention that Xenogears is infinitely better written.

SHM
Which of course dictates Sephiroth, despite his being vastly inferior to many of FF's villains

You are talking like all FF villains are great villains. Most of them are the typical "I will destroy/conquer the world just because I can!!111one" and have poor(or none) character development, or backstory.

Saying he is "vastly inferior to many of FF's villains" is ridiculous IMO. You can think he is a poor villain compared with other villains in fiction, but if you only compare him with the villains of FF, he is one of the best.

Just my opinion though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.