Grounded, a thread to discuss, not Oogle. AWE spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~dorkerina~
A place we can talk about AWE in a down to earthish way. Not just mindlessly oogle.

Now, first order of buisness: didn't anyone else notice!?!? T.T

Barbosa was awsome!!! eek! I'm thouroughly convinced that he was the thing #2 was missing. It never struck me untill I saw that 3 could be adiquite like 2 never managed to be.

Rush's solid acting tied down the show, leaving everyone else to be as goofy and out there as they wanted. (which we all love, but face it, it can't float without someone to move everything else along) Barbosa was like the responsible parent or something, it was hilarious! The perfect example is the scene on the island, Jack *points* "he's the captain!" *barbossa rolls eyes* laughing

But alsas, many of us have not yet brought ourselves to look past jack and wills obvious hotness and likeability (silence! it's a word to me!). I really appriciate what he did for the film.

And really, I just love his charactor, it's kinda noble, wanting a higher power, hating the petty double crossings the lack of it caused, wanting to be in controll of himself. He's just, neat. big grin

From the talk I'm hearing on the forum, all anyone can do to a charactor is oogle. Does the person have to be young and attractive for any of you to like it!?! I don't think so, so I want to talk to those of you who can agree with me. wink

Oh, and poor Norrington. confused

katelovespirate
oh, clearly you haven't been on all the threads if you think all we do is oogle. wink i'm slightly offended, especially considering that the entire cast is amazingly hott, so it doesn't matter who you're talking about (except like, Beckett) you have to preface it was a squeal. but check out the "poll: what did you think of 3" thread and cut through, as lots of people made fairly long and intelligent comments on that thread.

Barbossa stole the show, in my opinion. Except, there was one line where his accent changed a touch--- he dropped all his t's in this one line, and it didn't match up with the rest of his lines. not that I'm nit-picky or anything. hehehe. it's amazing how he manages to have brilliant chemistry with everyone he comes in contact with.

the themes of the film held a much darker overtone. instead of "winning your treasure" or "fighting to forestall destiny", this one seemed clearly to be "pay for your mistakes". The pirate brethran has to pay for what they did to Calypso, both Calypso and Jones must pay for their betrayal to each other, Elizabeth pays for what she did to Jack, Norrington pays for the side he chose (and so does Gov Swann), Will pays for the promise he made. And on and on. No one gets off scot free, and no one really gets what they want in the end.

willofthewisp
First, you're implying Barbossa isn't hot. On that subject, I would like to take this time to channel the sexiness of Pintel and Ragetti.

Bare chested, filled with battle scars, insatiable appetites for adventure- what's not to love?

katelovespirate
And while we're at it, man, is Cotton undervalued! He's a key player, and probably on par with the hotness of Tia Dalma or Will (Jack undeniably holding place number one, followed by a tie between Liz and Barbossa.)

Sorry, will be serious now. smile

IheartPocky
Originally posted by katelovespirate

Barbossa stole the show, in my opinion. Except, there was one line where his accent changed a touch--- he dropped all his t's in this one line, and it didn't match up with the rest of his lines. not that I'm nit-picky or anything. hehehe. it's amazing how he manages to have brilliant chemistry with everyone he comes in contact with.

I NOTICED THAT!

At the Brethren court! It switched back to him and I'm like "Woah! Did he just totally change his accent on purpose?"

And yes I disagree too. There is plenty more on this forum than just "oogling". smile

willofthewisp
Dear, we do ogle on occasion. It's in our nature. Pirates are part of the essence of childhood and we grew up with them. Now we get to see a new side of them as young adults and adults, and when you have attractive men playing them, it's an inevitability.

If you look on this forum, most of the threads are about just trying to figure out the films. We analyze, and although we analyze relationships the most, we take ourselves out of them. We don't insert ourselves into the film and share our fantasies, although that does on occasion happen. Give us a chance.

IheartPocky
Oops. I was about to oogle. Excuse me.. I'll be at the Johnny/Jack lovefest thread..

I liked when Ragetti said the thing to Calypso "like a lover" that was cool for him to do something important.. smile

willofthewisp
How does he know how to speak like that?! And looking at Liz's legs? I think he got some in Singapore.

~dorkerina~
I guess I didn't take a deep enough look into these threads (gah! why must I always be pinched for time when I get on this site!?). Please, I really would like to see the threads that don't just oogle, point me to names and I'll give you a cooki- er rum!

I love that I'm not the only one who though cotton was invaluable. When he took the wheel at the end I was like, Go Cotton! ^_^

Originally posted by willofthewisp
First, you're implying Barbossa isn't hot. On that subject, I would like to take this time to channel the sexiness of Pintel and Ragetti.

Bare chested, filled with battle scars, insatiable appetites for adventure- what's not to love?

lol, no truer statement. I'm surrounded here at home by people who I'm a bit embarrassed to tell that I'm taken in some way or another by almost every main man in the story. they're all hot! They dont' get how, so it's a bit hard to get them to discuss all the finer character details, down to best moments etc. They're all like, how can you be soo obsessed with freaky old pirates. It simply crushes me...T.T

Oh, and I don't mind oogleing. I just didn't see any of the in-depth sort, analyzing minute details etc. .... or maybe I only saw will and sparrow oogling and it wasn't what I was feeling at the time... anysho, if you could all just point me in the right direction....

Barbosa rocks!!!

big grin

~dorkerina~
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Oops. I was about to oogle. Excuse me.. I'll be at the Johnny/Jack lovefest thread..

I liked when Ragetti said the thing to Calypso "like a lover" that was cool for him to do something important.. smile

I got goosebumps at that part. I was like awwww so sweet. It just shows you there's a lot to him.

katelovespirate
it was his moment to shine. especially when Barbossa had just been hilariously doing a big speech about it.

i was a bit confused why pintel and ragetti got SO MUCH screen time, however. they got equal screen time with the main characters. the only difference is, they didn't get dramatic death or marriage sequences.

Ericadawn
Yes, they had more screentime and Marty got the shaft...

willofthewisp
Perhaps some discrimination against little people? I think Cotton got put in the background a lot, too, although he did take the wheel near the end and his bird came back! Ooh, maybe in another adventure, he'll get a new tongue.

~dorkerina~
lol, what DOES cotton sound like? hmmmm..... ^_^

willofthewisp
I like to think he has a sexy voice. It would be the kind of voice that could do books on tape and hold people's interests, kind of like Alan Rickman's, except that he can sing. oh man, Cotton can sing.

~dorkerina~
Lol ^_^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.