The Clone Wars trailer sneak peek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gunship Pilot
Hi y`all! it`s here at last, and it`s incredibly awesome...

Speechless

Check it out at www.starwars.com video section!

Council#13
It's a game, right? I feel really stupid asking that question... embarrasment

Schecter
lame. just lame.

Originally posted by Council#13
It's a game, right?

may as well be.

darthmaul1
It's a TV show, looks pretty good.

exanda kane
Must say, I'm impressed if that's general animation for the whole series.

queeq
Looks pretty good. Exaclty like AOTC. wink

Though.. it will take some getting used to. The animation of machines, clones and droids are great, human characters look... well... a bit out of place in the animated environment. I hope the stories are good.

Was nice to see Ventress again.

General G
This means more Grievous. w00t

Spidervlad
Hmm, Can't see the video for some reason. In the screen where it sais "Make a Selection" The left toolbar doesn't show up at all sad

Sith Master X
Yeah, I have the same damn problem right now and it's really frustrating!!!

~JP~
I had to use Firefox.

Why the HELL does Anakin look and sound like a damn Ken doll? mad

Mišt
Why dont they ever make it easy to watch videos....

An8eXmaejgs

Schecter
its like...they took everything i didnt like about the PT and condensed into super concentrated cartoon feces.

"hey kids, remember all that clones vs droids cgi filler that had you yawning in the PT? well now we're giving you MORE! remember the jedi acrobatic circus which we tried to substitute for any shred of depth and emotion? iiiiiiiiiiits BACK!!!"

Council#13
Originally posted by darthmaul1
It's a TV show, looks pretty good.

TV show? No way! eek!

exanda kane
heh, I only saw the cartoon in passing once or twice, but yes it did look like the worst parts of the PT condensed. Star Wars trying to be Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings.

exanda kane
I do like the old school Star Wars logo though. Nice to see something like it again.

Sith Master X
Wow, thats looks great. Can't wait.

Tattoo
Looks better than the traditional animated Clone Wars cartoon. While at C4 they said that this time around they aren't going to exaggerate the Force powers or anything, what we get is the same as we've seen in the movies before.

Originally posted by Schecter
its like...they took everything i didnt like about the PT and condensed into super concentrated cartoon feces.

"hey kids, remember all that clones vs droids cgi filler that had you yawning in the PT? well now we're giving you MORE! remember the jedi acrobatic circus which we tried to substitute for any shred of depth and emotion? iiiiiiiiiiits BACK!!!"

To be fair you've only seen a small portion of the series and they, of course, put the action into the trailer. I'm sure there will be more depth of character and some emotion into it as well as the action sequences.

Schecter
Originally posted by Tattoo
To be fair you've only seen a small portion of the series and they, of course, put the action into the trailer. I'm sure there will be more depth of character and some emotion into it as well as the action sequences.

im sure you're wrong. we are talking about george lucas...the new george lucas.

the compulsively daydreaming universe creating nerd version of george lucas is long dead. you're going to have to accept that.

sithsaber408
im sure you're wrong. we are talking about george lucas...the new george lucas.

the compulsively daydreaming universe creating nerd version of george lucas is long dead. you're going to have to accept that.

They have free counseling Paul, you know that right?

Rape victims, especially those whose childhoods have been forcibly violated, should be given the utmost in care and therapy.

stick out tongue

The PT is cool, so is Lucas and this show looks great.

Go soak yourself. big grin

Schecter
Originally posted by sithsaber408
They have free counseling Paul, you know that right?

Rape victims, especially those whose childhoods have been forcibly violated, should be given the utmost in care and therapy.

stick out tongue

The PT is cool, so is Lucas and this show looks great.

Go soak yourself. big grin

stfu, k?

~JP~
I really wish to hell you'd both get over whatever your greviences are already.

darktim1
All I know is that GL said were making tv show and were having fun I wonder if get to see assaj ventress give anakin his scar even though it's suppose to be based around the clone troopers.

Schecter
mmmmm yummy drama, huh?

and SS, feel free to tear my opinion apart for what it is. you can simply say "i disagree" or even "thats complete and utter horseshit", but your personal comments, even if in jest, are not welcome.

darktim1
Well I dissagree.

Schecter
well you're wrong!!!

look, just trust me on this. i'm from the internet.

Sith Master X
After seeing the Clone Wars trailer, it's kind of got me into the Star Wars mood again. Not that it ever really left, it just seemed like there was nothing else to look forward to after ROTS.

General G
More Special Editions.

Sith Master X
Yeah well, I'm sure a blue-ray release is on the horizon.

General G
*sigh*

Guess I will have to get a blue-ray player...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by General G
This means more Grievous. w00t
OMG Yays! smile

p.s. Now that I think about it, that was actually Boba Fett in the trailer, not Jango Fett because Jango gets killed by Mace Windu before the events of that trailer with Grievous and what not (plus, in the books according to one of my friends, he wore his father's armor for a long time before reverting to that rusty green armor we see in the OT).

Ridley_Prime
well you're wrong!!!

look, just trust me on this. i'm from the internet.
Oh my. What do we have here? A self-proclaimed know it all who thinks his opinion is the law? How nice...

Schecter
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh my. What do we have here? A self-proclaimed know it all who thinks his opinion is the law? How nice...

anyone?

queeq
Kids... kids... No fighting please.

General G
You tell them.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by ~JP~
I really wish to hell you'd both get over whatever your greviences are already.

I've no beef with Paul.

We differ on politics, and he doesn't like my views but it's no matter.

He usually wins our debates anyway. stick out tongueOriginally posted by Schecter
mmmmm yummy drama, huh?

and SS, feel free to tear my opinion apart for what it is. you can simply say "i disagree" or even "thats complete and utter horseshit", but your personal comments, even if in jest, are not welcome.

Sorry main.

I was just playing with you.

Your little rant on Lucas being devoid of talent and creativity struck me as the typical PT basher "Lucas raped my childhood" type of comment.

That's all I was saying, not that anything happened to you.

It was joke, but my bad dude.

No offense meant. hug

General G
And it's resolved.

Schecter
indeed

vintageSW77
watched it...............dont know what i think
if i was pre the age of 14 id be jazzed

the clonetroopers look good but thats where they belong
animated series
and yes it looks like AOTC without the cast
this is how Lucas wanted the Star Wars post 1997 -----

WITHOUT ACTORS

exanda kane
Well when I see Hayden Christiensen in the frame I don't think actor.

General G
laughing out loud

Schecter
more blaming of hayden? roll eyes (sarcastic)

thats like blaming the rooster for the sun not shining in the morning

queeq
Originally posted by vintageSW77
watched it...............dont know what i think
if i was pre the age of 14 id be jazzed

the clonetroopers look good but thats where they belong
animated series
and yes it looks like AOTC without the cast
this is how Lucas wanted the Star Wars post 1997 -----

WITHOUT ACTORS

laughing out loud

exanda kane
more blaming of hayden? roll eyes (sarcastic)

thats like blaming the rooster for the sun not shining in the morning

No the blame lies with uncle George. As far as I'm concerned everyone else is either a victim or collateral damage.

queeq
OUch.

General G
I wouldn't have gone that far.

queeq
Exanda would.

General G
Apparently he has a grudge against the PT.

queeq
He'd be the only one then... wink

General G
Oh definately!

Sith Master X
That's why Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid were great actors, because Lucas pulled them aside and said "I want you two to act really really good in this trilogy. The others can tank it for all I care."

The director tells the actors how to act, of course, but it's up to the actors to deliver it. The director can't jump inside the actor's body and take over for them. I hear this all the time, "Lucas lost his mind with Vader's "nooooo! He can't direct." But then you go back to TPM and here the same line for Obi-Wan after his master gets run through, and that line was a highlight in the movie. Yeah, delivery from the actors is crucial. You can't blame everything on the director.

Schecter
yet it just so happens that every major actor in the PT has proven stellar in their abilities with every other film they've done. INCLUDING hayden and portman.

exanda kane
Originally posted by General G
Apparently he has a grudge against the PT.

Hey its Star Wars, but I look at those films objectively and I really just don't like what I see. I look at the OT both subjectively and objectively and for the most part, its strong, solid stuff.

It's no grudge per se, it hasn't done me personal wrong, but not my cup of tea.

And Lucas is renowned for being a little poor at directing his actors.

Sith Master X
I won't lie, Natalie's acting especially has in fact been better in other movies. You're right on the button.

Consider this too though. Ewan McGregor for one has stated how tough it is to act in front of a green screen environment, as well as some of the other actors. Now, could that be blamed on Lucas because he opted for Green Screen instead of actual sets or locations. Sure, that one can't be denied. But I can back these guys up when they say that. I for one have done work with green screening, and it's challanging. There's nothing else in the environment to really go by or help you feel the atmosphere. I would say, perhaps the acting was sub-par in Star Wars because quite simply, it's tricky to sit down in a tiny half built cockpit, and pretend that you're in the middle of a major space battle or on a planet filled with insects.

Alec Guinness also said that while working on the OT, alot of the actors didn't take the movie very seriously, and it was pissing George off. It's just as hard to take a green screen enviornment seriously as well.

exanda kane
Because it was hard doesn't really cut it as a reasonable explaination for Lucas' mistakes.

Lucas' insistence on using green screen (lets face it, the PT was made just to showcase ILM) and his script are both overwhelming factors that would lead to wooden performances from your actors.

Sith Master X
Sure then, now I can say the exact same thing for the OT as well, because it was in fact ILM that also did all the special effects then too, including all the models and ship work, which is no different then using CGI as a replacement today.

What were movies like Toy Story made for? To showcase Pixar?

queeq
Using Green Screen requires a lot of input from the director. He's the one who has to help the actors imagine what they're acting in or against. And seeing Hayden and Portman act way better in other films, kinda shows GL was not able to transfer his vision into words for these young actors.

Schecter
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Alec Guinness also said that while working on the OT, alot of the actors didn't take the movie very seriously, and it was pissing George off. It's just as hard to take a green screen enviornment seriously as well.

not only that, but alec guinness, as the other actors testify, served as inspiration and mentor.

and i agree about green screens. which is why i feel that films should not be shot entirely in front of green screens. there was no reason, in many cases for using cgi. imho it dumbed down the films in many parts and made them cartoony. no matter how well its done, with impossible camera angles and panning and overly elaborate settings it comes off as fake. ever hear the phrase "killed with kindness"?

exanda kane
Sure then, now I can say the exact same thing for the OT as well, because it was in fact ILM that also did all the special effects then too, including all the models and ship work, which is no different then using CGI as a replacement today.

What were movies like Toy Story made for? To showcase Pixar?

The OT wasn't made to showcase ILM, nonetheless it did showcase ILM. Actors admit that using green screen is hard, therefore it's common sense to assume that it accounted for the wooden performances.

If your suggesting that the green screen is no different from the model work ILM done back in the day, then the difference between the OT and PT is testimony against that. If, as you suggest, the green screen and ILM work are nothing to do with the wooden performances, then Lucas' script is even more of a factor.

Count Makashi
That's why Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid were great actors, because Lucas pulled them aside and said "I want you two to act really really good in this trilogy. The others can tank it for all I care."

Wasn't Ewan McGregors performance also very criticised for being so wooden.

Sith Master X
Not from what I've seen. If anything, they would have complained about him in TPM, or being too much like Alec Guinness. However, McGregor and McDiarmid were looked upon as great actors in the PT compared to everyone else.

ESB -1138
Everyone complains about Hayden's performance as Anakin but has anyone stopped to think that it isn't Hayden you don't like but Anakin? You say Hayden made Ani seem like some emo kid with issues who complained about everything but that's how Lucas wanted Anakin to be.

Sith Master X
And If I remember correctly, Luke complained alot in ANH too.

queeq
which is why i feel that films should not be shot entirely in front of green screens. there was no reason, in many cases for using cgi. imho it dumbed down the films in many parts and made them cartoony. no matter how well its done, with impossible camera angles and panning and overly elaborate settings it comes off as fake. ever hear the phrase "killed with kindness"?

All in all, it doesn't matter how you make it IMHO. It's up to the director to make it work and give the actors what they need. On stage the sets can be absolutely minimalistic or even absent. Yet actors can deliver the most excellent performances there. So why not with green screen. It depends on the actors. Guinness was very experienced, and served as a mentor because the younger actors were inspired by HIM.

As for the PT... I think GL just failed to give them enough or creative info to make it work. I doubt that in a total green screen environment only saying 'faster' or 'more intense' is enough.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Wasn't Ewan McGregors performance also very criticised for being so wooden.

I'd criticise his performance; it was very wooden, gone was the new age wizard of Old Ben and he was replaced with the 50s news anchor monotones of McGregor. I think its very obvious from other works that McGregor is a very talented actor, but none the less, the performance was wooden in my opinion.

These may be failings of the script however, and what I seem to find as a lack of chemistry between him and Hayden Christiensen. It might not matter that much but some scenes between these too are some of the worst in the prequel trilogy (Bar the end duel on Mustafar). Neither actor really seems to connect in my opinion and I do feel that these are two bemused guys reading lines off an auto cue in front of a green screen.

queeq
McGregor did a very good job in ROTS I think. After two movies he finally found a way.

Count Makashi
All of the actors did great job in other stuff, Natalie is almost always great and Hayden was superb in Life as a house(i think its called that) and Shattered glass(about a reporter who makes stories up and publishes them), as are Ewan, , Jimmy Smmiths........
Lucas is just a terrible Director, he even said himself, that he doesn't like to direct, he is more of the technology geek, then inspiring actors to bring out their best.

exanda kane
Originally posted by queeq
McGregor did a very good job in ROTS I think. After two movies he finally found a way.

Much better I'd agree. He was incredibly jumpy in The Phantom Menace. But those opening scenes of Revenge of the Sith I can only cringe at.

queeq
I cringe at the first scene we see him and Anakin in AOTC. That giggle was awful.

I did not see any cringe worthy McGregor scenes in ROTS, to be honest.

Sith Master X
I didn't see any cringe worthy scenes from McGregor at all. He came along ways from TPM. Even in that movie, I though he was great, but alot better in Clones and Sith. You're right though, ROTS was his best performance.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Everyone complains about Hayden's performance as Anakin but has anyone stopped to think that it isn't Hayden you don't like but Anakin? You say Hayden made Ani seem like some emo kid with issues who complained about everything but that's how Lucas wanted Anakin to be. Originally posted by Sith Master X
And If I remember correctly, Luke complained alot in ANH too.

Yup. yes

Exactly.

And as an aside, I'm glad to have you back SMX.

I've been holding out for the PT against Queeq, Exanda, PVS, etc... all by myself for a while now.

Glad to have some backup. stick out tongue

Sith Master X
Glad you're still here. Long live the PT!

Again, as I've said all along. I love all six movies. I just find the newer ones more "fun." I don't like to pick apart the CGI, the acting or the script. It's sci-fi bubble gum and I love it.

Ridley_Prime
And as an aside, I'm glad to have you back SMX.

I've been holding out for the PT against Queeq, Exanda, PVS, etc... all by myself for a while now.

Meh. You have my support as well, I guess, as I too usually cry in a corner (well, not literally stick out tongue) whenever traditionalists/OT fans bash the PT. sad

exanda kane
Well, I'm afraid I'm going to stubbornly refuse to acknowledge people are actually calling these great films. Enjoyable, no doubt, but I'll forever feel that the PT was a wasted opportunity.

Schecter

its not a competition.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by exanda kane
Enjoyable, no doubt,

You used the word "enjoyable" at least. I can certainly live with that. yes

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by exanda kane
Well, I'm afraid I'm going to stubbornly refuse to acknowledge people are actually calling these great films. Enjoyable, no doubt, but I'll forever feel that the PT was a wasted opportunity.
Yes. You've made that quite clear in plenty other threads I've seen you post in...

You used the word "enjoyable" at least. I can certainly live with that. yes
Meh. Same here, I guess (coming from him at least)...

Count Makashi
I also think the PT is great, i watch it more then the OT.

queeq
I don't understand why. But maybe in five or six years from now we should talk again.

And about Luke's complaining... yes, he does whine a lot. But he stops doing that by the time of ROTJ. Anakin NEVER stops whining.

Ridley_Prime
I also think the PT is great, i watch it more then the OT.
OMG Another supporter. Yays! smile

I don't understand why. But maybe in five or six years from now we should talk again.

And about Luke's complaining... yes, he does whine a lot. But he stops doing that by the time of ROTJ. Anakin NEVER stops whining.
Heh. What can I say? It runs in the Skywalker family >.>...

queeq
Oh yes.

Alliance

HEY. I back you up...I just haven't been able to be online lately.

And yes..they all jump down our throats for stupid reasons.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Alliance

Shut yer hole! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Schecter
this cultist attitude is really getting annoying. you obviously feel that nobody has a right to a different opinion than yours, as you instantly take said opinions as personally combattive when they clearly are not. its getting really old and really ghey. i mean, forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but it seems you are attempting to form your own little clique of group think opinion squashers.

there is a clear pattern of damning someones opinion by trying to discredit the member as just a "hater" who cant possible form a valid opinion. i tried explaining this to some of you before, but i guess it fell on deaf ears.

whats funny is, as i said, if anyone pulled the same crap and called anyone who loves the PT "fanboys" with no right to an opinion, you'd all be howling and crying. im sick of this hypocrisy. just stfu and let us all enjoy expressing out opinions on a ****ing forum. jesus christ on a crutch!

queeq
Well, apart from the rude language, I agree with Schecter. You love it or hate it... whatever. The point here is to come up with arguments supporting your view. Not whether one is allowed to have a different opinion.

Schecter
Well, apart from the rude language

english is not rude

smoker4
minge is

Schecter
yours is

smoker4
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/smoker4/handbanana65.jpg

Schecter
ouch..........yummy

queeq
Right up Schecters alley.

Schecter
that alley being the hershey highway

Barker
Wish it was less cartoony.

But...

I'll take it anyway, because I saw Plo Koon in that clip. 131313131313

Alliance
I can't see it damnit...even on ffx

Sith Master X
Try youtube. That's how I was able to see it. Didn't work for me either until someone posted the youtube link.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Barker
Wish it was less cartoony.

But...

I'll take it anyway, because I saw Plo Koon in that clip. 131313131313

He was probably just a standbyer, we are going to see him just boarding a ship, thats it, he is going to be in it for a couple of seconds. wink

sithsaber408

Crap.

My bad Ali, that was posted hastily and I wasn't giving it much thought.

You've been a consistent PT supporter, from day one.

My hat is off to you sir. thumb upOriginally posted by Schecter
this cultist attitude is really getting annoying. you obviously feel that nobody has a right to a different opinion than yours, as you instantly take said opinions as personally combattive when they clearly are not. its getting really old and really ghey. i mean, forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but it seems you are attempting to form your own little clique of group think opinion squashers.

there is a clear pattern of damning someones opinion by trying to discredit the member as just a "hater" who cant possible form a valid opinion. i tried explaining this to some of you before, but i guess it fell on deaf ears.

whats funny is, as i said, if anyone pulled the same crap and called anyone who loves the PT "fanboys" with no right to an opinion, you'd all be howling and crying. im sick of this hypocrisy. just stfu and let us all enjoy expressing out opinions on a ****ing forum. jesus christ on a crutch!

Having the opinion that the PT isn't as good as the OT is fine.

Even having the opinion that the PT plain sucks is fine.

When you get to the "Lucas is a no-talent hack, who cares nothing for films, fans, or even Starwars itself" mentality though, I must disagree.

Look at Lucas as he accepts his Lifetime Achievement award from the AFI: "I like movies, all kinds. I like making them. So the people I really should thank are you. Thank you for going to the movies.

Especially mine." stick out tongue (He didn't use a smilie, but that was his tone.)

He loves film, he loves the fans.

That doesn't mean that he has to take his story, his world and make it the way we want it to be.

He made it his way.

And if you've ever seen any of the bonus features on any of the PT discs, you know that he spent countless hours designing, planning, and preparing his PT trilogy to make it the best it could be, according to his vision for the story.

Not that I know GL or anything, but the kind of statements often made about him in relation to his films in these types of discussions rarely seem to fit how he truly is and it's personal attacks on him that render the more legitimate arguments of OT being better than PT (which in a sense, it is) hollow.

They seem made of anger, dissapointment, and judgement for things that were never up to them in the first place.

Schecter

When you get to the "Lucas is a no-talent hack, who cares nothing for films, fans, or even Starwars itself" mentality though, I must disagree.

you are blatantly misquoting me. sad.

look, ill say whatever i please, and you can form you little support cliqueto gang howl at people who dont unconditionally love a series of films and call them names and put words in their mouths. i guess i just have to ignore your antics, but its difficult because you're so obnoxious.

Sith Master X

And if you've ever seen any of the bonus features on any of the PT discs, you know that he spent countless hours designing, planning, and preparing his PT trilogy to make it the best it could be, according to his vision for the story.

Thank you! clapping

Alliance
you are blatantly misquoting me. sad.

look, ill say whatever i please, and you can form you little support cliqueto gang howl at people who dont unconditionally love a series of films and call them names and put words in their mouths. i guess i just have to ignore your antics, but its difficult because you're so obnoxious.

All I see from you is endless rants and unabashed OT fanboyism to the point where you're blind to both its flaws and its historical context.

The PT is not the OT, i was unaware that it had to be.

queeq
It doesn't have to be, but I doubt that in ten years a lot of people will really remember the PT. Or even celebrate the 30th aniversary of the PT in 2029.
That is saying a lot, both creatively, impact wise and historical contextwise.

And a lot can be said about the OT, but it worked great. It followed some basic rules of storytelling. It kinda gre due to the many limitations. The PT is maybe too overdesigned, too lifeless therefore. Just spending countless hours on something doesn't mean it ends up well. There are many movies people spend a lot of money and time on and still suck. we have to judge the films for what they have become. Because to the viewer it doesn't matter if teh director really tried. If a movie is good, it is good for certain reasons. When a movie disappoints, the same.

So... arguments.

Alliance
My argument is: let history crystalize before you judge it.

When all you old timers die out, a lot of people are going to rember the PT. TPM was the first SW i saw in theaters. I've seen AOTC more than any any other film or any other film in theaters. I was more devoted to ROTS than any other movie in my life.

The OT is a distant memeory from childhood that a bunch of senile old-folk refuse to judge properly or ever demean in any way.

smile

Schecter
All I see from you is endless rants and unabashed OT fanboyism to the point where you're blind to both its flaws and its historical context.

here we go with the "fanboy" name calling.

The OT is a distant memeory from childhood that a bunch of senile old-folk refuse to judge properly or ever demean in any way.

smile

well, looks like we wont "die out" for quite a while. so i guess you're just going to have to deal with....*gasp* OTHER OPINIONS fear

queeq
Die out? Oh come on. History determines what are classics. I can still enjoy Gone with the Wind or the freat Wizard of OZ, I can enjoy Citizen Kane or Kurosawa films... these were made long before I was even born. When the great movies from the early 70's like Godfather or The French Connection came out I was a mere toddler, yet these films are still classics. They impressed people at the time and they still do. If any trilogy will be remembered in 30 years from now from the last 10 years, it will be LOTR I am sure, not the PT. Just because it lacks certain crucial elements: good solid storytelling, good acting and an impact of some kind. The PT just doesn't have enough in most departments to serve as a classic.

I remember loving the tv series The Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby. They were the greatest thing I ever saw on tv. I saw it again some years ago and it was terrible.

And another thing, if we have to wait for a historical evaluation, what's the point of this forum then.

Quinlan-Vos
If this sucks as much as the 1st damn series...

queeq
1st series?

Barker
He was probably just a standbyer, we are going to see him just boarding a ship, thats it, he is going to be in it for a couple of seconds. wink
Didn't say I cared how long he was in it, did I? wink

Tattoo
1st series?

Star Wars: Clone Wars

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006Z2LMO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

smoker4
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Quinlan-Vos
If this sucks as much as the 1st damn series...

The 1st one was alright. They should have found someone else to do it though. Not much really made sense in 21-25 with Anakin and everything.

Ridley_Prime
Star Wars: Clone Wars

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006Z2LMO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Dude. sad That series was awesome...

Tattoo
Dude. sad That series was awesome...

Not really. I don't like exaggerated force powers, and the Durge storyline was farking ghey.

queeq
I liked it... that is, I enjoyed. It's not ESB, but then what is.

Tattoo
I can say I enjoyed it too, but it's non-canon all the way.

Schecter
i wont hate it. i just know i wont like it. ill buy it on dvd, watch it once, and then its a dust magnet.

Ridley_Prime
I can say I enjoyed it too, but it's non-canon all the way.
And how is it non-canon? It played up to the events of episode III with Grievous and what not.

i wont hate it. i just know i wont like it. ill buy it on dvd, watch it once, and then its a dust magnet.
You'd be much better off just renting it then sick, if it can be...

Tattoo
And how is it non-canon? It played up to the events of episode III with Grievous and what not.

You'd be much better off just renting it then sick, if it can be...

Is it written by George Lucas? Is it directed by George Lucas? No and no.

Was it taking a blank spot in Star Wars history and writing it in themselves? Yes.

Just like all the Star Wars novels not based on the movies (hell even some scenes from the books are different than the movies) the TV shows are all non-canon.

MasterAshenVor
OMG YES! FINALLY GEORGE LUCAS HAS PUT HIMSELF IN HIS RIGHT MIND! AWESOME ANIMATION THE SEPERTISTS SEEM TO LOOK STRONGER AND ITS JUST.......DAMN!

Schecter
ZOMG!!!1

Tattoo
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
OMG YES! FINALLY GEORGE LUCAS HAS PUT HIMSELF IN HIS RIGHT MIND! AWESOME ANIMATION THE SEPERTISTS SEEM TO LOOK STRONGER AND ITS JUST.......DAMN!

CAPS LOCK, CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!!!!!!!!1

queeq
What's all this shouting then?

General G
Chaos.

queeq
You rang?

General G
I called.

queeq
What is it?

Count Makashi
Wrong number.

Alliance
I finally was able to watch it...starwars.comwasn't seeming to be working and youtube is blocked here. I found it on another website.

It looks awesome, and I love all the environmental effects. The first series was so Jedi centric..but most of the trailer focused on clones. I certainly hope that is the case in the actual series.

It was good to see the V-19s back too.

Oh..and if that b*tch Ventress kills that ARC, I will personally gut her.

queeq
Clones forever, eh Alliance?

Alliance
pretty damn much.

ner vode

queeq
What?

Alliance
"my brothers"

General G
Mando.

Count Makashi
I finally was able to watch it...starwars.comwasn't seeming to be working and youtube is blocked here. I found it on another website.

It looks awesome, and I love all the environmental effects. The first series was so Jedi centric..but most of the trailer focused on clones. I certainly hope that is the case in the actual series.

It was good to see the V-19s back too.

Oh..and if that b*tch Ventress kills that ARC, I will personally gut her.

Who do you like better, ARCs or Commandos?

Sith Master X
It seems like the series will focus on a little bit of everything.

Alliance
Who do you like better, ARCs or Commandos?

Why do you give me such an unreasonable question.

I think both classes are amazing. I would probably lean towards Commandos, jsut because the group interactions are fascinating. We can thank Karen Traviss for that.

ARCs still rock though, and kamas are pretty awesome too. I like that they maintain the Phase I armor.

queeq
Mando is EU.

General G
But Mandalorians aren't.

queeq
When are they mentioned in the movies and what do we know about them FROM the movies?

General G
That Boba and Jango are them.

Alliance
Mando'a is NOT EU. It spoken and shown in script in the moveis.

Schecter
Mando'a is NOT EU. It spoken and shown in script in the moveis.

its not spoken in the movies.

General G
Yeah, and if so, when?

Alliance
its not spoken in the movies.

Watch the sequence in Jango's apartment.

General G
They speak Mando there?

Alliance
Watch it.

BlaxicanHydra
They're speaking spanish, dumbfvck.

Captain REX
They are not speaking Mando'a.

It's like the Sullustan in ROTJ. He's speaking an African language, and at one point says "There are one thousand elephants standing on my foot."

queeq
How do you know it's Mando then? Could be any language.

General G
He knows because he is Mandalorian clone.

queeq
Jango's no clone and the movies (or novels) don't say he's Mandalorian.

General G
George Lucas does though.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>