unappreciated pirates thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~dorkerina~
Dedicated to those pirates that are not Jack, Will, or Liz.

What I should have done from the start. Now, we all love Jack, Will, and Liz, but face it, they get enough talk time. Lets step aside here, and appreciate the odd ones, the under spoken.

Barbossa, Gibs, Cotton, Pintel, Ragetti, Marty, heres to you!!!

They're so sexy! ^_____^

Tramps Lady
Barbossa!!! whoot!!! and the MONKEY!!! no one can forget our dear little monkey!!!

AudioHeart
Go Gibs And Cotton LOL, Barbossa's c00l!!! Pintel and Ragetti are funny and they rock too!!! laughing big grin stick out tongue the monkey was soo cute in the third movie, but OI! don't forget the parrot!!!

Parrot and monkey = true teamwork lol

PirateDiva
Awwww But I Love all of them!! Seriously I do!! They all make me Happy....a 4th would not be the same without any of them!!! smile

~dorkerina~
They redeem the second movie and totally saved the 3rd! ^_^

IheartPocky
Marty! I don't even remember seeing Marty in 3!

T.Maria
Gibbs, Gibbs and more Gibbs!!!!! big grinbig grinbig grin

Also, i have to say that Ragetti holds a special place in my heart big grin

JACK : No, I don't need you...you scare me

Teehee!! big grin

ivebeendepped43
GO GIBBS!! WOOO!! WWOOTTT!! GO GIBBS!! TAKE WHAT YOU CAN! GIVE NOTHIN BACK!!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Marty! I don't even remember seeing Marty in 3!

what r u kidding me?? MARTY was Hilarious in the Movie!

In Signapore:

-he hit the big guy over the head with a shovel
-he shot the gun and he flew back

In the Battle:

-He's the 1st one that sees the EITC coming and yells "There here Let's Take Theeeeem!!!"
-he ties himself to the mast and Fires at the Dutchman

Marty is soooo cool!! lol

ivebeendepped43
marty rox!!!!!

T.Maria
MURTOGG AND MULLROY!!! big grin

Hehehe...god, how many call backs were there to cotbp???? lol smile

ivebeendepped43
MURTOGG AND MULLROY!! YEAH!!!!!! THEY ARE SO AWESOME!!!

PirateDiva
omg at the end when Murtog and Mullroy joined the Pearl....and started cheering with the crew was freakin HILARIOUS!!!! LMAO laughing Oh Man I was Laughin Hard!!! lol

ivebeendepped43
i was cheering too! no way!!!

~dorkerina~
I loved the sceptical looks from Ragetti and pintell, they're like wtfreak?

Then them finding their bad pirate selves: "shiver me timbers!"

Thats the line I think truly won them over as pearl crew members. lol.
wink

willofthewisp
That was hilarious. I think I would adopt Gibbs after his romp with Scarlett and Giselle. He would have all these stories for me.

T.Maria
true willobig grin

gibbs is like the mold that holds everything togethersmile
Without gibbs, the film would have been very different

willofthewisp
Yeah, you can tell he loves them all. He's just an overall wonderful guy and pirate.

Claudia_Black
Barbossa! he's awesome!
And I like Gibbs too

~dorkerina~
I lurve your avy! ^ big grin

Yeah, gibs is glue, hes the tell teller. Kinda the inititory guy too. ^_^

IheartPocky
Originally posted by PirateDiva
what r u kidding me?? MARTY was Hilarious in the Movie!

In Signapore:

-he hit the big guy over the head with a shovel
-he shot the gun and he flew back

In the Battle:

-He's the 1st one that sees the EITC coming and yells "There here Let's Take Theeeeem!!!"
-he ties himself to the mast and Fires at the Dutchman

Marty is soooo cool!! lol

Oh yeah. i remember now eek! laughing

ADarksideJedi
I like all the pirates as well!Also Liz is not a pirate so why are we talking about her?All of them rules!and always will!jm

willofthewisp
Uh, Liz is a pirate. She's the Pirate King.

~dorkerina~
True dat....

though we do doubt her credentials...

thats all the we're trying to say, really, if ya think about it... ^_^

Hey look, we have a page two!!! whoot whoot *does snoopy dance*

To barbossa's coolness!

starfish
Oh~ I'm glad you brought it up. *ahem* I am probably older than a lot of you here, and dayum- aside from the teeth, I've always though there was something brutally appealing about Barbossa. The way he looks at Elizabeth while she is eating, so longingly- lustful almost. Rush is a great actor to begin with- ever seen Quills? But, mmmmm- I do love Captain Barbossa. So take charge. So rough... so craggy. I was tickled to see him, boots clomping down the steps to announce his presence, at the end of DMC- anticipating his return in AWE.

"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means no." LOL I want to use that at work someday!

One of my favorite scenes in that first movie is by far, "You'd better start believin' in ghost stories Miss Turner- you're in one!"

IheartPocky
I love Barbossa love He's totally awesome..

ivebeendepped43
^^ive used that before! my new phrase is "Well thats just madeningly unhelpful!"

lovethemtigers
I vote for Mr. Gibbs....i love him...once upon a time over these past 10 months we use to have a thread dedicated to Mr. Gibbs when we wanted to take a break from analyzing what we thought was clues to a j/e ending.....oh well.....

but I digress, Gibbs rocks...I love it in the first movie when he is in the pigstye and Jack and Will find him and will pours the water on him....if you haven't lately, rewatch that scene...talk about a great Jack Sparrow scene..he's hot, sexy, manly...ooops I'm sorry i'm not suppose to talk about Jack, so sorry, he's a hard habit to break....

I love when Gibbs and Jack toast in the Tortuga Cabin.
I love when Gibbs tells Will all about Jack and how he got off the island.
I love when Gibbs makes the face in DMC when Will tells him to load the rum and he's look, eh, load the rum.....
I love when Gibbs is in the Tortuga Tavern interviewing prospects for Jack's crew in DMC...

and so forth and so on...there are so many great Mr. Gibbs moments...
"Jack, the Pearl?"

I love it also when they get back from the island in DMC and Gibbs wants to know what happen to Norrington and Jack tells him he fell behind and Gibbs is like "ah well, we must not wallow in our grief"....LOL

ivebeendepped43
me and my friend now go "Take what you can, give nothin back." all the time now

T.Maria
I LOVE GIBBS!! :d

anyone fancy making me a gibbs siggy???

With the words;

"Gibbs: The best First Mate a pirate could ask for"

big grin

You know, you never realise how much you appreciate the smaller characters until the film is over...and you have time to look back and reflect....

ADarksideJedi
Yes a pirate king but not a pirate in blood.That is what I was saying!The monkey is cool too!jm

JaehSkywalker
YEAH! go Pirates! big or small, known or not, woohoo! laughing out loud

Gibbs was clutching his teddy bear lol!
Mullroy and Mullrog were so funny when they joined the crew..
Pintel scares Jack!
Ragetti tried to read the bible... laughing out loud and he can't read...
Marty shot a big gun and fell back laughing out loud
Cotton tried to steer the wheel.. thingy....
go parrot and monkey lol!

barbossa: real pirate example wink still freaked out about the last part about him and the mokey though.. almost: 'oh you're so cute... oh yes you are!' eep!

Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
^^ive used that before! my new phrase is "Well thats just madeningly unhelpful!"

bloody line! i like it but i just can't say 'madeningly' right!

PirateDiva
LMAO!! I Know what u mean T.Maria....at the premiere i had my moment and realized How much I Love all these Characters!! They all grew a part of me and I found myself seriously about to cry when i saw Kevin McNally at the Premiere! I almost cried when i saw all of them!!

I Just really Love the POTC movies and Everything about them!! smile

calypso
I loved Seo Feng and wished his part had been longer.

Reggie Lee was great too as Hu Thuang or whatever.

Just didn't see enough of poochie though.

IheartPocky
Tai Huang smile

I love Gibbs. haha Gibbs is like a really cool uncle. An old uncle but an uncle nonetheless.

T.Maria
Originally posted by PirateDiva
LMAO!! I Know what u mean T.Maria....at the premiere i had my moment and realized How much I Love all these Characters!! They all grew a part of me and I found myself seriously about to cry when i saw Kevin McNally at the Premiere! I almost cried when i saw all of them!!

I Just really Love the POTC movies and Everything about them!! smile

Movies like these give you the sense that the actors themselves feel so protective over their characters.

Look at Kevin Mcnally;

In DMC when the asian pirate was getting all the good lines at the beginning (you know the one...big nose and was killed by falling from the human bone cage when he picked up a snake and screamed lol) Kevin Mcnally had a word with the writers because he thought that Gibbs was getting shunted...

...And then he read the script lol.

These actors have fallen inlove with their characters, and you can see that on screen...

Also;

GIVE IT UP FOR CAPTAIN TEAGUE! big grin

Keith Richards is one hell of a legend, and you could tell he was really into the roll he was playing!!!!!

Man, i love the characters and the actors...you can tell they had such a good time making these films...

And Diva;
Did you get to say anything to any of them????????
If i had a chance i would tell them all that i love them lol! big grin

...And yes;
the restraining order would be worth it wink lol

~dorkerina~
I was wondering today, (me brother brought it up as a good point) between being Jacks first mate, and captain of the cursed search in LotBP, when did Barbossa have time to become one of the pirate lords? Why would he have such an air of authority in the council when "a meeting like this has not been held in our lifetime".

Meh, i guess authority is just part of Barbossa though... like starfish said, he's so 'take charge'. big grin big grin

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
bloody line! i like it but i just can't say 'madeningly' right!

i said it over and over again the whole night... laughing out loud now i could say it right...

lovethemtigers
i do like Pentel and Ragetti...i love the part in DMC when they are in the small boat and Ragetti is trying to read the bible upside down...that is a really good part......

but Gibbs is still number one in my heart....outside of Jack of course...

JaehSkywalker
that was funnny... that part with Pintel and Ragetti...

Gibbs rocks...!

i like his teddy bear! laughing out loud

PirateDiva
And Actually there is a call back in AWE to Pintel and Ragettis little boat being turned over by the wave in DMC....i think its in the part where they get of on the island to re-supply right b4 they get caught by Sao Feng!! smile

T.Maria
i noticed that, diva!

and if you look closely, you will notice that it is exactly the same scene being used again lol wink

sailorleo
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
that was funnny... that part with Pintel and Ragetti...

Gibbs rocks...!

i like his teddy bear! laughing out loud
that was so radar o'riley of him *character from M*A*S*H **google him** *

T.Maria
gibbs.

i love gibbs.

I want a gibbs siggy lol! big grin

Finally kevin mcnally is getting the acting credit he deserves! big grin

JaehSkywalker
nice siggy sailor!

gibbs and his wild tales... big grin

sailorleo
thanks smile

JaehSkywalker
whose the girl?

sailorleo
carrie underwood

JaehSkywalker
nooo... really? it doesn't look like her! who owns the hair? and the body lol? nice job!

sailorleo
keira does....bwa ha ha...and er.....how about that righetti, who woulda thought his eye would be a piece of eight?

*tries to get back on task*

T.Maria
lmao!!! big grin

i thought the eye was a nice touch! big grin

did anyone say "AWWWWWW!"

When he whispered those words to calypso??????

Bless the poor pirate big grin

And pintel, too!!!
At the end;

"Goodbye, poppet" big grin

....*cries*...lol smile

sailorleo
yeah, that was very wizard of oz-ish for me, and he'd be the cowardly lion.....

T.Maria
lol! :-)

I love the wizard of OZ ...

AND A BIG YAY FOR MARTY!!!!
I love that little pirate!!! big grin

JaehSkywalker
lol... okay.

i never expected that lol! he placed a eyepatch after right? it was soo funny!

i remember that i dunno who he is pirate lord that has a squeaky voice lol!

T.Maria
lmao!!!big grin

yeah he was funny!!!! big grin

jacks face afterwards was a picture lmao!!

JaehSkywalker
and i remembered the part where marty shot the gun.. that was so hilarious! i just can't stop laughing at that!

T.Maria
that was f***ing hilarious!!!! big grin

and that part where they're freezing in that ice place...and pintel and ragetti are going on about how there must be a good reason for why they're getting jack back big grin

"See...i said there was a good reason" - - after calypso shouts at them lmao!!!! big grin big grin

And the monkey in the cannonball!!!!! big grin big grin big grin big grin

"Thankyou, Jack" big grin

JaehSkywalker
yeah! that was cute and funny!

and i remember the guy who... ah... broke a toe off. erm

oh, oh!! and when Ragetti was peeping... ah.. at Liz.. and then when it was Pintel's turn there was this guy.. that was hilarious.. laughing out loud

T.Maria
lmffao!!

yeah it was! big grin

There was so much in there that i laughed at, because there were alot of call backs to the other two movies...and i was the only one laughing because no one else had watched the other two films as much to sit there and get what they meant lol big grin

JaehSkywalker
aww.. people with me are laughing too! well.. at some.. at the others i was the only one laughing... i think the person beside me thought i was nuts lol!

Mullrogg and Mullroy! "Shiver me timbers!" laughing out loud

T.Maria
i liked it when they were all in a circle pointing guns at eachother, and then started laughing big grin

And then pintel and ragetti;

Pintel:Wait! We can still use them as clubs!

Pintel: OUCH!

Ragetti: ...It is effective, though... big grin

JaehSkywalker
that was funny!

ahh.. i wonder why some of the most hilarious people in there are over-looked...

T.Maria
its because the story is so huge sad

theres alot to take in lol

starfish
Gibbs has an awesome voice. It is deep and gravely, but at the same time, it could melt butter.

Oh yeah, and with the "Pirate Speak," I seriously want to start using some pirate verbage at my job... it would be hilarious to see them look at me like I've went off the deep end- which I have.

I'm practicing, "Now that's just madeningly unhelpful." Those four syllables don't roll as easily off the tongue as I'd like!

PirateDiva
Seriously i think these Pirates deserve a standing Ovation because without them this movie could have been the pits too!

LOL...they've all stolen my heart! lol....It's because of them that the movie was sooo enjoyable!!!

willofthewisp
I want to acknowledge Murtogg and Mullroy, the best novice pirates of the Caribbean. Jeez, everyone left alive at the end is a pirate, aren't they? That's pretty cool. I think Pintel and Ragetti will show them the ropes.

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by starfish
Gibbs has an awesome voice. It is deep and gravely, but at the same time, it could melt butter.

Oh yeah, and with the "Pirate Speak," I seriously want to start using some pirate verbage at my job... it would be hilarious to see them look at me like I've went off the deep end- which I have.

I'm practicing, "Now that's just madeningly unhelpful." Those four syllables don't roll as easily off the tongue as I'd like! my mom cant say that! i can say it perfectly and im trying to teach my mom. because she cant roll her tongue. also a reason she cant really speak spanish

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by T.Maria
its because the story is so huge sad

theres alot to take in lol

exactly! wink

Originally posted by starfish

I'm practicing, "Now that's just madeningly unhelpful." Those four syllables don't roll as easily off the tongue as I'd like!

I've been practicing it too.. now i could say it with less difficulty lol...

i forgot. who said that line anyway?

Tramps Lady
JACK!!!! when its "up is down"

~dorkerina~
Again, any ideas on how the title 'pirate lord' got passed on to Barbossa when he was supposedly went from a first mate, immediately to a cursed pirate?

Originally posted by ~dorkerina~
I was wondering today, (me brother brought it up as a good point) between being Jacks first mate, and captain of the cursed search in LotBP, when did Barbossa have time to become one of the pirate lords? Why would he have such an air of authority in the council when "a meeting like this has not been held in our lifetime".

Meh, i guess authority is just part of Barbossa though... like starfish said, he's so 'take charge'. big grin big grin

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
JACK!!!! when its "up is down"

I can't believe i forgot! cry

Tramps Lady
not happy savvy lol

JaehSkywalker
yeah. sad

ivebeendepped43
itrs all good! happens to the best of us! lol

willofthewisp
"Again, any ideas on how the title 'pirate lord' got passed on to Barbossa when he was supposedly went from a first mate, immediately to a cursed pirate?"-----Dorkerina

There should be a phrase that is "I'm Captain Barbossa, savvy?" The man is Barbossa and he can do just about anything. And now that we've met Jack's parents, we know less about Barbossa than we know about Jack, and we really know very little about Jack's backstory.

I would think being Jack's first mate wasn't Barbossa's first pirate gig. I always thought he knew the Pearl was special, so he became Jack's first mate with the intention of mutiny-ing. Jack can be naive when it comes to Barbossa, so it makes sense. That gives Barbossa any time prior to that to go on adventures and become a pirate lord.

~dorkerina~
true.

"I'm captain Barbossa savvy?" I love it!! ^_^

And looking at the time period crews were often hired as a whole and already organized group (not interviewed individually), so they all would have known each other. Possibly already having sailed under Barbossa (and seen him as their captain).

this was a cool interview! (3 parts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVcu9AiQ64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQc9APCehms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgAewOP7lcA

Seems like it's from a dvd or something, so you may have seen it, but I hadn't and I loved it! big grin

and this was interesting too, another good Rush interview/ review of the movie type thing (thanks to musicalfans' posh rose! cool ):

http://stuff.co.nz/4061835a1870.html

~dorkerina~
and though this is a 'dead mans chest' interview, it has Ragetti!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A8h45GT1RDs

big grin

JaehSkywalker
there should be something like this:

Barbossa: I'm Captain Barbossa, savvy?
Jack: HEY! you stole my signature line!

~dorkerina~
Barbossa*on how he got back from the dead*: then I lashed together a couple of sea turtles,

JaehSkywalker
Gibbs: that's my story for jack!

at this rate they'll alll say he's a copycat...

Barbossa: U killed my father!
Liz: stop copying us!

blink

JaehSkywalker
Gibbs: that's my story for jack!

at this rate they'll alll say he's a copycat...

Barbossa: U killed my father!
Liz: stop copying us!

blink

~dorkerina~
Barbossa: You mean you "demand the cessation"? stick out tongue

JaehSkywalker
lol...

still.. unnappreciated? nope.. this thread says it all.. pirates, known or not, big or small, have place in our hearts. *crowd applause*

thank you.. thank you.. *bows* laughing out loud

~dorkerina~
Lol, is Davy Jones an unappreciated pirate, or just a villain?

Anyone else thrilled w/ seeing him human. It was cool. happy

PirateDiva
ya i thought that was cool!! I had seen a pic b4 but i had completely forgotten about that! lol

~dorkerina~
It was a surprise for me.

I'm glad I didn't look at more pics before the movie, because some of the were kind of spoilers, and I love the surprise of seeing a really good movie for the first time, and not knowing a thing.

I saw a pic of the part where jack has the bigger telescope, and it totally ruined the moment in the movie! T.T

lol, great part though.

JaehSkywalker
some parts are still hilarious even though i've watched them already.

dang it though, the ending wasn't fun for me coz i accidentally read it, but whatever. it wasn't much fun for me at all if i didn't know it anyway.

nuzzling was creepy...

potcfan2003
my naive friends thought that the nuzzling was why elizabeth had a kid at the end, and the first time i saw it, i was confused, but the second time i realized why liz was wearing will's boot...

IheartPocky
Hah ha ha haha blink

potcfan2003
my friend's still are clueless...

JaehSkywalker
the bloody hell?!

they did something... sooommmmething. laughing out loud

orbits.. *hehehe*

~dorkerina~
my friends started screeching with the knee kiss... didn't want to see any further

M0RiBUNd
Mackenzie Crook ]
is absolutely my favorite. i el oh vee ee him.
:]

Mrs Fish
Ah, unappreciated pirates!
My favourites are Pintel&Ragetti, Mullroy&Murtogg and of course Barbossa!
Really missed him in the second film, he gives the movie a certain something! From the moment I saw his boots(coming down the stairs) in the end of DMC, I just knew it was him and I was so happy!! Happy Dance

Same with Mullroy&Murtogg incredible funny guys. So stupid
And so cool that they joined the pearl at the end!

potcfan2003
i like pintel and reagetti the best... when i saw the boots coming down the stairs we thought it was jack.

~dorkerina~
My friend guessed it was him from teh time she spotted the boots by the bed in tia dalmas. It was funny. I loved it though. Great way to end the 2nd one. Best part.

JaehSkywalker
I guessed it was him with the boots too big grin

Pintel and Ragetti are such good comics... i especially love the part in DMC where Ragetti was reading the Bible... well.. pretending at least lol.

~dorkerina~
And the line, his answer to tias question of what gets all men, "the dicotomy of good and evil!?!" I loved it!! big grin big grin big grin

JaehSkywalker
they're all funny don't you think?

even beckett's sarcasm.

Mercer ain't funny, but he's a great henchman.. >.<

~dorkerina~
true that.

Yeah, becketts funny just because hes on such a hopeless power trip! poor, poor dastardly fellow stick out tongue

JaehSkywalker
I like his sarcasm. for some unknow reason, part of my humor is laughing at sarcasm. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.