The Fury vs DC Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Master
This is upgraded Fury, the one that absorbed a computer the size of a Cave.

His mission is to kill every being in the Universe within 1 Year,

this is Half the time it took him to kill every 616 Alternate in the 238 Reality. (not upgraded)

Every character in the prime DC Universe's current roster is accepted,

with the exception of Cosmics, or Spectres, Extant, Abstracts yall know the like and so on,

also, if you can erase a Universe, you're Not accepted.

Can they succeed against this virtualy indestructible foe?

Debate.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mr Master

No.

Thanos_THOTU
Furry was on the same level as Mad Jim Jaspers right?
- At least Spectre would be necessery to take him down.

Galan007

Debate. Meh, you probably wouldn't even need to destroy Fury outright...

Just go back in time and retrieve H/P DD, sick him on Fury, teleport them both to the "fourth world", only accessible via Boom Tube]..

And they'll just battle for eternity...... DCU ftw. 313

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well seeing as how you took out all the major players,seems slanted for the fury to win, But yes they still can. They still have the Oan battery they can tap for it's full power. Also, just becuz an abstract can't participate, doesn't mean someone who isn't abstract can't get thier power. The joker got Batmite's power. There is also the power of the Godwave. Someone powerful enough to wield it, like Ares or Darksied could kill the fury.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, You probably wouldn't need to destroy him outright...

Just go back in time a retrieve H/P DD, and sick him on Fury, teleport them both to the "fourth world", only accessible via Boom Tube]..

And they'll just battle for Eternity...... DCU ftw. 313

NullReality dump ftw.

Then he goes to kill everyone else.

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The joker got Batmite's power. Joker got Mxy's power...

I squashed that rumor a while back. smile

Symmetric Chaos
There is also the power of the Godwave. Someone powerful enough to wield it, like Ares or Darksied could kill the fury.

Even though MJJ was totally unable to harm Fury?

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Even though MJJ was totally unable to harm Fury? The Godwave > a Universal warper imo.

Symmetric Chaos
The Godwave > a Universal warper imo.

shock

llagrok
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Furry was on the same level as Mad Jim Jaspers right?
- At least Spectre would be necessery to take him down.

No.

238 must've been nothing but fail, seeing as the X-men could take Fury on their own.

DC universe takes this easily. I wouldn't mind seeing him plow through the Teen titans though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Joker got Mxy's power...

I squashed that rumor a while back. smile

IT was batmite that crawed out of Joker's mouth. Batmite is a creation of mxy if you will. yet it's still a seperate creature with it's own mind.

TricksterPriest
Can the OE stop the fury? I'm honestly not sure on this one.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Can the OE stop the fury? I'm honestly not sure on this one.

I've never seen it fail. Being erased from the time line does it pretty well without actually destroying it.

TricksterPriest
Problem is, Fury was able to adapt to all the crazy shit Jaspers was doing. Although there is no marvel equivalent to the OE or the Source, I wonder if Fury surviving the AF would give him immunity to the OE? confused

Galan007
IT was batmite that crawed out of Joker's mouth. Batmite is a creation of mxy if you will. yet it's still a seperate creature with it's own mind. During the Emperor Joker incident, Joker had all but 1% of Mxy's power.

After all this happened, and Mxy's power was restored, Joker simply held on to a piece of his power, .

I can post scans that explain this if need be. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
During the Emperor Joker incident, Joker had all but 1% of Mxy's power.

After all this happened, and Mxy's power was restored, Joker simply held on to a piece of his power, .

I can post scans that explain this if need be. smile

Doesn't make sense. What piece of Myx's power did joker hold onto? What percentage? Where was the 1% of power that the joker didn't have?

Galan007
Doesn't make sense. What piece of Myx's power did joker hold onto? What percentage? Where was the 1% of power that the joker didn't have? When Joker tricked Mxy, Joker got all but 1% of his power.

Mxy held onto that last 1%.

When the Emperor Joker incident ended, we thought all Mxy's power had been restored.

Then during the Supes/Bats arc, we see that Mxy got most of his power back, but Joker retained some of it, .

Make sense?

Mr Master
Originally posted by llagrok
No.

238 must've been nothing but fail,

seeing as the X-men could take Fury on their own.

That was not Jaspers' Fury,

that was a weaker version created by Jamie Braddock ... a far weaker version. smile

TricksterPriest
Problem is, Fury was able to adapt to all the crazy shit Jaspers was doing. Although there is no marvel equivalent to the OE or the Source, I wonder if Fury surviving the AF would give him immunity to the OE? confused

Galan007
What's the "AF"?

nvrbeenwthagirl
When Joker tricked Mxy, Joker got all but 1% of his power.

Mxy held onto that last 1%.

When the Emperor Joker incident ended, we thought all Mxy's power had been restored.

Then during the Supes/Bats arc, we see that Mxy got most of his power back, but Joker retained some of it, .

Make sense?

That's crazy. Batmite was around before that. But I'll accept it if your interpretation is better than mine was. But hey, I am the one who found that lil gem called Superman Batman 25. Which basically rendered that series defunct from 1-25. It was written out of continuity. lIL known fact.

TricksterPriest
What's the "AF"?

Astro Force.

Mr Master
The Godwave > a Universal warper imo.

He's actually an Omniversal Warper,

but his Warp needs to spread, Not increase in power.

He's all powerful within the Universe his Warp has engulfed for starters, this is why Merlyn himself, who can destroy the Multiverse admitted he did not have the power to stop Jaspers.

TricksterPriest
That's crazy. Batmite was around before that. But I'll accept it if your interpretation is better than mine was. But hey, I am the one who found that lil gem called Superman Batman 25. Which basically rendered that series defunct from 1-25. It was written out of continuity. lIL known fact.

blink Holy shit. He's right. the entire run is basically rendered non-canon because Mxy reset everything in #25. big grin HUZZAH! NO MORE SHIT ABOUT DARKSEID BEING PUT TO THE SOURCE WALL! w00tw00t

Galan007
That's crazy. Batmite was around before that. But I'll accept it if your interpretation is better than mine was. But hey, I am the one who found that lil gem called Superman Batman 25. Which basically rendered that series defunct from 1-25. It was written out of continuity. lIL known fact. Yeah, if you skim through the second page of the Mxy respect thread, I posted scans that explain what I am saying there.

Emperor Joker = Mxy's power. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
blink Holy shit. He's right. the entire run is basically rendered non-canon because Mxy reset everything in #25. big grin HUZZAH! NO MORE SHIT ABOUT DARKSEID BEING PUT TO THE SOURCE WALL! w00tw00t

Not only that, It was mxy who recreated the Multiverses becuz they had been destroyed as of IC. But Superman Batman Came out AFTER IC. When we see mxy pulling alternate supers and bats out of his bag of tricks.

Mr Master
Can the OE stop the fury?

Can the OE nullify Time and Space (Reality)

Galan007
He's actually an Omniversal Warper,

but his Warp needs to spread, Not increase in power.

He's all powerful within the Universe his Warp has engulfed for starters, this is why Merlyn himself, who can destroy the Multiverse admitted he did not have the power to stop Jaspers. MJJ never actually warped more then one Universe.

So the "potentially Omniversal" thing can't be accepted as evidence here. smile

Galan007
Can the OE nullify Time and Space (Reality) yes

nvrbeenwthagirl
Can the OE nullify Time and Space (Reality)

Yes, that is what it does.

TricksterPriest
Not only that, It was mxy who recreated the Multiverses becuz they had been destroyed as of IC. But Superman Batman Came out AFTER IC. When we see mxy pulling alternate supers and bats out of his bag of tricks.

blink Huh? Run that by me again. Mxy recreated the multiverse? I thought Alex Luthor did it.

TricksterPriest

blink Huh? Run that by me again. Mxy recreated the multiverse? I thought Alex Luthor did it.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Remember at the end of IC the multiverse was merged into one Universe. AFTER IC, Batman Superman happened and Mxy reset everything, and pulled out alternate universes batmen and superman. He had to inadvertantly recreate what was once merged.

TricksterPriest
I thought the thing was they weren't actually re-merged? confused

Galan007
Not only that, It was mxy who recreated the Multiverses becuz they had been destroyed as of IC. But Superman Batman Came out AFTER IC. When we see mxy pulling alternate supers and bats out of his bag of tricks. It's a possibility,

But I doubt a new Multiverse was Mxy's doing, Alex Luthor's tampering is more than likely the cause.

Mr Master
MJJ never actually warped more then one Universe.

So the "potentially Omniversal" thing can't be accepted as evidence here. smile

Like I said,

Jaspers is all powerful within the Universe he engulfs to begin with, this is why Merlyn, who CAN destroy the Multiverse or Rebuild it (On Panel) did Not have the power to stop Jaspers.

So it doesn't matter whether he's Warped a Universe or his Warp has spread into the rest of the Omniverse, as it's in his powerset to do so, "exponentially" at that.

It doesn't matter because the same amount of power is being applied at the Universal level or at the Omniversal level, it's just a greater scale of influence with the same amount of power that's being reached.

Also,

Cobweb peered into a possible Alternate Future where Jaspers wasn't stopped by the Fury,

and as you know the entire Omniverse was Warped.

TricksterPriest
It's within Mxy's power to be able to do it, but there's not really any direct evidence. Hell, you could give partial credit to the former Emperor Joker for 52 if you look at it like that.

Galan007
Like I said,

Jaspers is all powerful within the Universe he engulfs to begin with, this is why Merlyn, who CAN destroy the Multiverse or Rebuild it (On Panel) did Not have the power to stop Jaspers.

So it doesn't matter whether he's Warped a Universe or his Warp has spread into the rest of the Omniverse, as it's in his powerset to do so, "exponentially" at that.

It doesn't matter because the same amount of power is being applied at the Universal level or at the Omniversal level, it's just a greater scale of influence with the same amount of power that's being reached. This thread doesn't concern MJJ, hence I am not getting into this. smile

Mr Master
Yes, that is what it does.

It wouldn't have any affect anyway.

Fury withstood a weapon that erases the actual Life-Force of UniverseS.

Galan007
It's within Mxy's power to be able to do it, but there's not really any direct evidence. Hell, you could give partial credit to the former Emperor Joker for 52 if you look at it like that. It's most certainly within Mxy's power to do that, and it would be kind of cool if that's how it played out.... But it's highly doubtful imo.

Long term ramifications from Alex Luthor's tampering with the cosmos, is more then likely the culprit.

TricksterPriest
So the OE will NOT work on the Fury?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Like I said,

It doesn't matter because the same amount of power is being applied at the Universal level or at the Omniversal level, it's just a greater scale of influence with the same amount of power that's being reached.

Also,

Cobweb peered into a possible Alternate Future where Jaspers wasn't stopped by the Fury,

and as you know the entire Omniverse was Warped.

So basically like the IG, could be all powerful within it's own reality, but NOt as powerful as something like the UN. Kinda like how Merlin is more powerful than Mad jim becuz merlin is multiversal, but can't beat MJJ in the universe he's in. Seems kinda like something I said before about the IG not really being more powerful or multiversal like the UN. thanks. you have helped me a bunch.

WrathfulDwarf
I don't see what's the point of this thread then. If the Fury can pull all that stuff why even ask what would it do agaisn't the DCU.

What's the point of asking who wins if later you'll post a bunch of scans and then says The fury is indestructible.

TricksterPriest
It's most certainly within Mxy's power to do that, and it would be kind of cool if that's how it played out.... But it's highly doubtful imo.

Long term ramifications from Alex Luthor's tampering with the cosmos, is more then likely the culprit.

Wait a min..... I just figured out Nvr's reasoning. Mxy said that Batman&Superman are the center of DC reality, everything relates to them. So, either the universes were pre-existing because of IC, or they were brought back into reality by Mxy's summoning them. Since there had to be a place for the various batmen and supermen to come from.

So it's unlikely, but there is a way to use that method if someone at DC is feeling devious. laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I don't see what's the point of this thread then. If the Fury can pull all that stuff why even ask what would it do agaisn't the DCU.

What's the point of asking who wins if later you'll post a bunch of scans and then says The fury is indestructible.

I doubt it coudl stand up to the power of the Oan battery. Or ww's lasso willing it to destroy itself. The thread is fun to come up with creative ways of destroying it. Hell, The legion's wish machine could do it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait a min..... I just figured out Nvr's reasoning. Mxy said that Batman&Superman are the center of DC reality, everything relates to them. So, either the universes were pre-existing because of IC, or they were brought back into reality by Mxy's summoning them. Since there had to be a place for the various batmen and supermen to come from.

So it's unlikely, but there is a way to use that method if someone at DC is feeling devious. laughing

Indeed.

Mr Master
This thread doesn't concern MJJ,

I was just about to tell you that.

hence I am not getting into this.

Nothing to get into, we're just sharing ideas and facts.

TricksterPriest
I was asking about the OE because I figured that would work. Hmmm. How about chucking it to the Source Wall? stick out tongue

Galan007
I doubt it coudl stand up to the power of the Oan battery. Or ww's lasso willing it to destroy itself. The thread is fun to come up with creative ways of destroying it. Hell, The legion's wish machine could do it. I wouldn't mind seeing Firestorm turn Fury into a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.... Again, and again, and again... laughing out loud

Galan007
How about chucking it to the Source Wall? stick out tongue That would definitely work.

WrathfulDwarf
I doubt it coudl stand up to the power of the Oan battery. Or ww's lasso willing it to destroy itself. The thread is fun to come up with creative ways of destroying it. Hell, The legion's wish machine could do it.

I even doubt it could even impose a threat agaisn't Doomsday. No matter what attack it pulls DD will eventually come back with a more evolve immunity.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I even doubt it could even impose a threat agaisn't Doomsday. No matter what attack it pulls DD will eventually come back with a more evolve immunity.

True. It would have a terrible time fighting Doomsday, The General, and Takion all at once.

Symmetric Chaos
That would definitely work.

Or it could make him invincible.

TricksterPriest
you could take DD and Fury, and put them into a pocket dimension. Fury won't leave until DD is dead, and DD can't leave on his own. Problem solved.

Symmetric Chaos

NullReality dump.

Mr Master

There's alot of characters in the DC Universe, I already seen a few interesting arguments for DC.

WTF?

What scans?

I don't know why you coming out your face if no one is fighting or disrespecting anyone.

Actually the only anomosity right now is coming from ... no comment.

And I believe I said virtually indestructible, which is not absolute.

TricksterPriest
Hank Henshaw. Let's see who can assimilate whom. cool

Mr Master
Or it could make him invincible.

That's right,

Fury can absorb his surroundings, any substance in fact.

WrathfulDwarf
True. It would have a terrible time fighting Doomsday, The General, and Takion all at once.

That's the big guns. Here is what happens...

The Fury enters the DCU.

He faces Braniac.

Dr. T. O. Morrow figures his OS.

Sends the info to Braniac....it's over. No more fury.

Galan007
Or it could make him invincible. Originally posted by Mr Master
That's right,

Fury can absorb his surroundings, any substance in fact. laughing out loud

Fury is going to absorb the Source Wall itself now?

You have got to be kidding me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

You have got to be kidding me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well I was kidding mostly. But what about all the things trapped on it?

Galan007
Well I was kidding mostly. Thank God. big grin
But what about all the things trapped on it? Even IF Fury could somehow absorb the near infinite amount of beings confined to the Wall, he would still be trapped on it himself.

So what good will that do? confused

WrathfulDwarf
Let's make this fun! Since this the entire DCU.

Just let Abra Kadabra battle him. He will use futuristic technology combine with DCU magic.

Turns The Fury into a puppet. stick out tongue

Mr Master
The Fury enters the DCU.

He faces Braniac.

Dr. T. O. Morrow figures his OS.

Sends the info to Braniac....it's over. No more fury.

I doubt attacking his OS would do much,

the weaker version created by Jamie got his OS ripped out of him,

and then proceeded to grow a new one.

He needs to be ripped to shreds basically.

Ahh, perhaps this was a silly notion,

Fury can't logically lose.

Lower the curtains if you wish. smile

Symmetric Chaos
Thank God. big grin
Even IF Fury could somehow absorb the near infinite amount of beings confined to the Wall, he would still be trapped on it himself.

Simple.

Metron is obsessed with information. Fury now possesses more information than anything else ever along with data about another reality. IIRC Metron has managed to get DS out of the Source wall.

Mr Master
Let's make this fun! Since this the entire DCU.

Just let Abra Kadabra battle him. He will use futuristic technology combine with DCU magic.

Turns The Fury into a puppet. stick out tongue

Immune to Reality Warps. big grin

Mr Master
laughing out loud

You have got to be kidding me.

And all of Heaven aswell. stick out tongue

Galan007
Simple.

Metron is obsessed with information. Fury now possesses more information than anything else ever along with data about another reality. IIRC Metron has managed to get DS out of the Source wall. Once something is attached to the Wall, it cannot remove itself.

A being from the outside has to remove it, thus Fury would be stuck there no matter what.

Galan007
And all of Heaven aswell. stick out tongue Thank goodness you were joking lol.

stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Once something is attached to the Wall, it cannot remove itself.

A being from the outside has to remove it, thus Fury would be stuck there no matter what.

Metron is in the wall right now?

Galan007
Metron is in the wall right now? Not to my knowledge... confused

Symmetric Chaos
Not to my knowledge... confused

Did you even read my clever plan?

Basicly if they put Fury on the wall Metron will rescue him in order to get the information that Fury possesses.

Galan007
Did you even read my clever plan?

Basicly if they put Fury on the wall Metron will rescue him in order to get the information that Fury possesses. Ahh I see what you're saying...

That's digging deep, ey? laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Ahh I see what you're saying...

That's digging deep, ey? laughing out loud

I take that means I've beaten you 313

WrathfulDwarf
Immune to Reality Warps. big grin

Immune to Magic too?

Plus to 64th Century technology?

Symmetric Chaos
Immune to Magic too?

He beat an entire universe once. I think it's likely someone tried magic on him.

WrathfulDwarf
He beat an entire universe once. I think it's likely someone tried magic on him.

The levels of Magic Power in the DCU are greater. That is why there are a lot more magicians and powerful wizards known.

Galan007
I take that means I've beaten you 313 Well if we're playing that game,

I could say that Highfather would simply station a platoon of New Gods near the Wall to ensure Fury stays stuck to it....... But I wouldn't go there. stick out tongue

Galan007
He beat an entire universe once. I think it's likely someone tried magic on him. No,

He beat one planet's metahumans. smile

Symmetric Chaos
No,

He beat one planet's metahumans. smile

sly Fine.

I guess 238 just happened to lack Strange, Talismain, Shaman etc then?

Symmetric Chaos
Well if we're playing that game,

I could say that Highfather would simply station a platoon of New Gods near the Wall to ensure Fury stays stuck to it....... But I wouldn't go there. stick out tongue

If that were to happen I could just point out that Metron can travel though time and rescue Fury before the NewGods get there to stand guard.

Galan007
sly Fine.

I guess 238 just happened to lack Strange, Talismain, Shaman etc then? srug

But one planet is WAY different then an entire Universe lol.

stick out tongue

Galan007
If that were to happen I could just point out that Metron can travel though time and rescue Fury before the NewGods get there to stand guard. If that were to happen........ Nah, the cycle MUST END!!! shocklaugh

Jebus reborn
If that were to happen I could just point out that Metron can travel though time and rescue Fury before the NewGods get there to stand guard. It's Fury vs DC, not Fury with team mates vs DC.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
It's Fury vs DC, not Fury with team mates vs DC.

SILENCE!

But barring the SourceWall what are their options?

Galan007
But barring the SourceWall what are their options? Originally posted by Galan007
Meh, you probably wouldn't even need to destroy Fury outright...

Just go back in time and retrieve H/P DD, sick him on Fury, teleport them both to the "fourth world", only accessible via Boom Tube]..

And they'll just battle for eternity...... DCU ftw. big grin 313

TricksterPriest
Thank God. big grin
Even IF Fury could somehow absorb the near infinite amount of beings confined to the Wall, he would still be trapped on it himself.

Didn't Yuga Khan bust out of the wall on his own? confused

And I had an idea earlier, but no one commented. Sic Hank Henshaw on him. cool

Nikkolas
Well it obviously wasn't merged into one universe if there's 52 still around....

Mr Master
srug

But one planet is WAY different then an entire Universe lol.

Jaspers 616 >>> 616 Universe and everything in it.

Fury >>> Jaspers 616 stick out tongue laughing out loud

Juntai
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Well it obviously wasn't merged into one universe if there's 52 still around.... Don't read DC comics?

Juntai
I'm not trying to hate or anything, it just becomes more and more apperent. And it kind of bothers me when people are trying to figure it all out on hearsay rather than actual knowledge of what's transpired in the comics themselves. And then later down the road have the nerve to comment on it, like they know what the hell they're talking about, similarlly to the Thanos_THOTU poster. It doesn't bother me if one is attempting to learn, and has also read some of the stories in question, or makes an effort to read them later. SImilarly, having made my way into a lot of Thanos threads a couple years ago, made it my wish to go and learn the character, thus I went and read a lot of Silver Surfer and Thanos titles.

In Infinite Crisis, Alexander, using those towers as a type of dimensional tuning fork mixed with his innate powers, pulled the entire multiverse of possibilities apart, looking to build the 'perfect world' by combining elements of specifically picked universes in his 'petri dish' Once he found the ones he was looking for, he collapsed it all back down together. It called it "New Universe".. Then...in 52, we learn that the Universe that came out of Crisis, began to replicate.

Galan007
Jaspers 616 >>> 616 Universe and everything in it.

Fury >>> Jaspers 616 stick out tongue laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
Originally posted by Juntai
Then...in 52, we learn that the Universe that came out of Crisis, began to replicate. Is that what ended up happening?

I never read much of 52, I figured that's what happened though..

Juntai
Is that what ended up happening?

I never read much of 52, I figured that's what happened though..

Booster: Where are we hunter?

Hunter: WHEN are we, Booster. And that would be One Year ago. We're witnessing the birth of a new multiverse. Each parallel Earth an exact copy of ours in every way.

Booster: This happened a year ago? How?

Hunter: It was during one of my strange adventures.... I was traveling through time investigating when an anomaly when the timestream was ripped open. A survivor from a parallel Earth long dead had returned to 'save' ours from the a self-percieved corruption. His name was Alexander Luthor. He split out Earth into thousands of divergent worlds but the planets he manifested were unstable. Trapped in timestream I watched worlds live and die-- until Connor Kent sacrificed his life to save our reality. The broken Earths collapsed back together combining historic remnants to form one New Earth -- one far too small to contain the energy within it. In a cosmic act of self-preservation, as ou just saw, it began replicating. Unknown to anyone save myself, a new multiverse was born in the wake of the Crisis.

Galan007

Hunter: WHEN are we, Booster. And that would be One Year ago. We're witnessing the birth of a new multiverse. Each parallel Earth an exact copy of ours in every way.

Hunter: It was during one of my strange adventures.... I was traveling through time investigating when an anomaly when the timestream was ripped open. A survivor from a parallel Earth long dead had returned to 'save' ours from the a self-percieved corruption. His name was Alexander Luthor. He split out Earth into thousands of divergent worlds but the planets he manifested were unstable. Trapped in timestream I watched worlds live and die-- until Connor Kent sacrificed his life to save our reality. The broken Earths collapsed back together combining historic remnants to form one New Earth -- one far too small to contain the energy within it. In a cosmic act of self-preservation, as ou just saw, it began replicating. Unknown to anyone save myself, a new multiverse was born in the wake of the Crisis. Very cool! thumb up

Thanks Jun. smile

Mr Master
Jun & Galan,

what the heck is DC now?

Once and for all.

Juntai
Very cool! thumb up

Thanks Jun. smile Then of course, they battled through time and the multiverse against MrMind, since he became some sort of universe-eater.
Him eating at the universes, changed their histories. So they were no longer 'exact' copies, as Hunter specified there.

Nikkolas
Not 52.

I heard it was crap.

Juntai
Jun & Galan,

what the heck is DC now?

Once and for all. 52 Universes currently, as far as I can tell, each with an infinite number of possible timelines.
Hunter said in 52, that soon we'll witness the birth of the New Megaverse, however.

Juntai
Not 52.

I heard it was crap. I'd say you heard wrong. Anything written by a creative team like that story had, is anything but crap. DC currently has the best creative team out there.

Nikkolas
That's why I'm checking out Countdown.

Juntai
That's why I'm checking out Countdown. Not the same team, but yeah, it should be good as well.
smile

Galan007
Jun & Galan,

what the heck is DC now?

Once and for all. Originally posted by Juntai
52 Universes currently, as far as I can tell, each with an infinite number of possible timelines.
Hunter said in 52, that soon we'll witness the birth of the New Megaverse, however. There you have it. wink

And also Mr M,

Remember that Hypertime is still intact as well.

So you have the DC Multiverse, which is linked to other Multiverses such as Elseworlds. smile

My how things have changed since the original Crisis, .

Jebus reborn

Hunter: It was during one of my strange adventures.... I was traveling through time investigating when an anomaly when the timestream was ripped open. A survivor from a parallel Earth long dead had returned to 'save' ours from the a self-percieved corruption. His name was Alexander Luthor. He split out Earth into thousands of divergent worlds but the planets he manifested were unstable. Trapped in timestream I watched worlds live and die-- until Connor Kent sacrificed his life to save our reality. The broken Earths collapsed back together combining historic remnants to form one New Earth -- one far too small to contain the energy within it. In a cosmic act of self-preservation, as ou just saw, it began replicating. Unknown to anyone save myself, a new multiverse was born in the wake of the Crisis. http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/91/scan05ux9.th.jpg

xjustice69x
dc for the win. i think doomsday alone will take the fury
he would tear it to shreds in seconds. imo

Nikkolas
Um...

Doomsday rocks the house man but...

Not even scratching The Fury.

Juntai
There you have it. wink

And also Mr M,

Remember that Hypertime is still intact as well.

So you have the DC Multiverse, which is linked to other Multiverses such as Elseworlds. smile

My how things have changed since the original Crisis, . Hypertime seems intact, though I'm not sure of the current context with the way things have changed. Seems like a access point to anywhere and anywhere in any reality.

But to add to what I said earlier, in Marvel they typically depict what DC considers 'timelines', as seperate universes, as far as I can tell. Divergent timelines of the 616, such as Age of Apocalypse.

So by my understanding, to put it into Marvel terms, this would be 52 multiverses, soon to be something more, depending on how the "megaverse" mentioned is implemented.

Martian_mind
DC wins.Why?because the furies objective is to kill them all,and it's gonna be a ***** to kill Ressurection ma,Vandal Savage,General,DArkseid,Doomsday,TAkion etc.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Martian_mind
DC wins.Why?because the furies objective is to kill them all,and it's gonna be a ***** to kill Ressurection ma,Vandal Savage,General,DArkseid,Doomsday,TAkion etc.

Fury killed an alternate MrImmortal no expression

Martian_mind
Then clearly he had the wrong name stick out tongue

Juntai
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Then clearly he had the wrong name stick out tongue lol.

llagrok

that was a weaker version created by Jamie Braddock ... a far weaker version. smile

Wow, can't believe I missed that. Never really made sense, how he could take on MJJ and then lose to the X-men.

xjustice69x
Originally posted by llagrok
Wow, can't believe I missed that. Never really made sense, how he could take on MJJ and then lose to the X-men.
it makes sense when you consider the jaspers fury was torn apart by captain UK afters its battle with jaspers.
im quite sure superman or doomsday could do the same
speed blits! eek!

Mr Master
Originally posted by xjustice69x
it makes sense when you consider the jaspers fury was torn apart by captain UK afters its battle with jaspers.
im quite sure superman or doomsday could do the same
speed blits!

Also, Fury battled a being (MJJ) that couldn't be stopped by Merlyn across UniverseS,

then after deafeating that powerhouse the Fury was weakened.

Then Captain Britain had a go at him, CB nearly died.

Then a berzerker Captain UK finished the Fury off.

Unless someone that = MJJ battles Fury first, that ain't happening.

And DC does not have those caliber characters in this battle, (that would be too easy)

llagrok
Also, Fury battled a being (MJJ) that couldn't be stopped by Merlyn across UniverseS,

And DC does not have those caliber characters in this battle, (that would be too easy)

Fear not Mr.M, I have a solution!

We throw the Teen titans and GL corps (except kilowog) and Wonder Woman at him. They die.

Then we get Flash to do something and stop the Fury.

So in like two comics, we rid the world of TT and WW and the Fury!!!

xjustice69x

then u posted this thred as spite?
merlyn is a known trickster and manipulator and cant be trusted.
his claims of not being able to kill jaspers could be total lies.
all to move the pieces on the chess board

nvrbeenwthagirl

They Don't need to. They have characters who can access the power needed. Hal can get the Oan power battery again if need be.

Mr Master
then u posted this thred as spite?

Not exactly,

Fury killed eveyone on Earth 238 within 2 years,

I gave Fury 1 year to kill everyone in the Prime DC Universe without the Cosmics.

Some interesting ideas were argued for DC.

merlyn is a known trickster and manipulator and cant be trusted.
his claims of not being able to kill jaspers could be total lies.

It's possible,

but since there is no evidence of it,

Merlyn couldn't stop Jaspers is the final verdict.

all to move the pieces on the chess board

I disagree.

Galan007
Fury killed an alternate MrImmortal no expression Nah,

Fury wiped out an alternate Earth's superhumans in 1982.

Mr. Immortal's first appearence wasn't until 1989. smile

Mr Master
Nah,

Fury wiped out an alternate Earth's superhumans in 1982.

Mr. Immortal's first appearence wasn't until 1989.

It wasn't canon to 616 Marvel until the re-print in 95' (X-Men Archives)

Just pointing that out. smile

I have to concede though,

even the Fury can't kill Mr Immortal, in fact No one can ... No one in the absolute sense.

Galan007
It wasn't canon to 616 Marvel until the re-print in 95' (X-Men Archives)

Just pointing that out. smileThat's not what I was really getting at though...

Even IF that arc would have been canon to the mainstream MU in 1982, Mr. Immortal still wouldn't have been part of it, because he didn't exist until 1989. smile
I have to concede though,

even the Fury can't kill Mr Immortal, in fact No one can ... No one in the absolute sense. Yep.

Mr. Immortal is just like a less powerful version of Resurrection Man...

You gotta love it! smile

Juntai
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/91/scan05ux9.th.jpg Thanks bro.

Symmetric Chaos
Mr. Immortal is just like a less powerful version of Resurrection Man...

Not really. He just less dangerous.

Galan007
Not really. He just less dangerous. no

Mr. Immortal's only "power", is simply that he is truly immortal.

Resurrection Man is truly immortal as well, but every time he resurrects, he can choose any super-power he wishes.

When Mr. Immortal does that, then I'll say he is near the same power level as RM. smile

Symmetric Chaos
no

Mr. Immortal's only "power", is simply that he is truly immortal.

Resurrection Man is truly immortal as well, but every time he resurrects, he can choose any super-power he wishes.

When Mr. Immortal does that, then I'll say he is near the same power level as RM. smile

You forget fate. MrImmortal has fate and power on his side 131

Plus he's athletic and stuff.

Galan007
You forget fate. MrImmortal has fate and power on his side 131

Plus he's athletic and stuff. laughing out loud

True dat! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.