Superman runs the Herald Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Photon009
Superman runs the gauntlet. He gets 24 hours rest between each fight. How far does he get?

1. Nova

2. Air-Walker

3. Terrax

4. Stardust

5. Red Shift

6. Firelord

7. Pre-Powerup Surfer

8. Morg

9. Current/Annihilation Surfer

10. WOL Morg

How far does Supes get?

Pt. 2. How far would Thor get?

Hitman911

Hitman911
Naw really......7

Juntai
He has a harder time after 7, but he's got a shot at anyone on the list. Let's not act like he hasn't demolished guys in this league and then far beyond.

guy222
Originally posted by Photon009
Superman runs the gauntlet. He gets 24 hours rest between each fight. How far does he get?

1. Nova

2. Air-Walker

3. Terrax

4. Stardust

5. Red Shift

6. Firelord

7. Pre-Powerup Surfer

8. Morg

10. WOL Morg

How far does Supes get?

Supes gets to Pyreus

Thor has been defeated by Pyreus

hush
he gets to 4.

Faceman
Blood lusted he could get to 7.

Endless Mike
Stops at 4

Nikkolas
The order is really out of whack.

Surfer was above all Heralds pre-powerup.

Jebus reborn

1. Nova

2. Air-Walker

3. Terrax

4. Stardust

5. Red Shift

6. Firelord

7. Pre-Powerup Surfer

8. Morg

10. WOL Morg

How far does Supes get?

Pt. 2. How far would Thor get? One problem here... Morg got his ass stomped by Surfer.

And Stardust would be harder challenge to Supes, than Morg, Firelord, and Red Shift.

Priest
Whats a pre-power up surfer?

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Priest
Whats a pre-power up surfer? Pre-Annihilation.

Faceman

Stupid Rookie
I agree that SS should be higher than Morg, and that Stardust creates more problems than Morg and others because of the inability to really hurt him physically. I think he should stop at 4, if he makes it through there then he stops at 7. He could beat everyone, he certaily has the showings, but he also has some crappy ones as well. Overall I stand by him losing to Stardust or SS.

Faceman
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I agree that SS should be higher than Morg, and that Stardust creates more problems than Morg and others because of the inability to really hurt him physically. I think he should stop at 4, if he makes it through there then he stops at 7. He could beat everyone, he certaily has the showings, but he also has some crappy ones as well. Overall I stand by him losing to Stardust or SS. Good call.

Priest
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Pre-Annihilation.
I figured Genis 101 ment that.
I feel Surfer was nevered "powered up" tho erm

Jebus reborn
1. Nova

2. Air-Walker

3. Terrax

4. Red Shift

5. Firelord

6. Morg

7. Stardust

8. Pre-Powerup Surfer

Fixed.

hush
1. Nova

2. Air-Walker

3. Terrax

4. Red Shift

5. Firelord

6. Morg

7. Stardust

8. Pre-Powerup Surfer

Fixed.

now he gets to 7.

quanchi112
they both get to silver surfer prepower up then go down really really hard.

Nikkolas
Since when the hell am I Genis101?

I hope you understand I take offense.

Nikkolas
You forgot Morg w/WoL.

DIes at 7.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Nikkolas
You forgot Morg w/WoL.

DIes at 7. Ahh, I knew I forgot someone.

Ouallada
SM stops at stardust or pre-annihilation SS.

Thor probably gets to SS and gets stopped there.

His Airness
Supes stops at Stardust. He'd most likely pose more of a threat to any other character on the list.

Superboy Prime
1. Nova

2. Air-Walker

3. Terrax

4. Red Shift

5. Firelord

6. Morg

7. Stardust

8. Pre-Powerup Surfer

Fixed.

Makes it to 8. He can get past classic Surfer, but the silver herald has more chances of taking Kal-el out. Same goes for 9.

His Airness
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Makes it to 8. He can get past classic Surfer, but the silver herald has more chances of taking Kal-el out. Same goes for 9.

He doesn't get by Stardust. He'd actually have an easier time defeating Surfer than Stardust. Stardust is invulnerable to one of Superman's most valuable assets, Surfer is not.

quanchi112
morg executes him

Skeets
Supes can't beat Stardust.
Supes best weapons(his fist) would be useless against it.

Hitman911
Kal dies at 1.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by His Airness
He doesn't get by Stardust. He'd actually have an easier time defeating Surfer than Stardust. Stardust is invulnerable to one of Superman's most valuable assets, Surfer is not.

A'ight.

Juntai
Originally posted by Skeets
Supes can't beat Stardust.
Supes best weapons(his fist) would be useless against it. He rubs his hands together and whistles.
Stardust no more.

Estacado
Originally posted by Juntai
He rubs his hands together and whistles.
Stardust no more.
Nah.131

Avalonofthewind

1. Nova

2. Air-Walker

3. Terrax

4. Stardust

5. Red Shift

6. Firelord

7. Pre-Powerup Surfer

8. Morg

10. WOL Morg

How far does Supes get?

Clears it. Not 100% of the time...but it's definitely within his power to do so.

llagrok
Richard Ryder or the herald Nova?

Supes can't get past Stardust.

His Airness
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Clears it. Not 100% of the time...but it's definitely within his power to do so.

I honestly don't see him defeating Stardust. Any of the others I'm fine with, but Stardust? I'm not so sure.erm

Avalonofthewind
I honestly don't see him defeating Stardust. Any of the others I'm fine with, but Stardust? I'm not so sure.erm

I honestly doubt that Stardust is anymore durable than Doomsday, Darkseid, Cyborg or any other powerful beings that Superman has fought.

His Airness
I honestly doubt that Stardust is anymore durable than Doomsday, Darkseid, Cyborg or any other powerful beings that Superman has fought.

Stardust is immune to physical damage....

His Airness
Oh, and he may also fall to Morg with the WOL.

Jebus reborn
I honestly doubt that Stardust is anymore durable than Doomsday, Darkseid, Cyborg or any other powerful beings that Superman has fought. He's pretty durable, but that's not the point.

Avalonofthewind
Stardust is immune to physical damage....

He can regenerate...but he isn't immune...2 totally seperate things. BRB pretty much pwned him to the point where SD had to warp space to try and win.

He's pretty durable, but that's not the point.

Your "point" is not any clearer....

quanchi112
Clears it. Not 100% of the time...but it's definitely within his power to do so. if u think he could clear that ur crazy dude crazy.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by quanchi112
if u think he could clear that ur crazy dude crazy.

Yes..because your opinion is so prized on these threads.
smile

Definitely no less crazy than your futile Thanos quest.

His Airness
He can regenerate...but he isn't immune...2 totally seperate things. BRB pretty much pwned him to the point where SD had to warp space to try and win.

Your "point" is not any clearer....

No, it was established on panel that Stardust is immune to physical damage. This is after the battle between the two had finished, and Stardust was explaining the power of Asteroth.

"Besides, you cannot defeat me. I am a cosmic entity.No physical force you can deliver will make me more than pause. You cannot destroy this body, just as I cannot stop Asteroth on my own."

Avalonofthewind
No, it was established on panel that Stardust is immune to physical damage. This is after the battle between the two had finished, and Stardust was explaining the power of Asteroth.

"Besides, you cannot defeat me. I am a cosmic entity.No physical force you can deliver will make me more than pause. You cannot destroy this body, just as I cannot stop Asteroth on my own."

Which means that he isn't immune to damage...it means that he regenerates.
Similar to DD, and Cyborg, and even MM, all who have been put down by Superman before.

Bill had the advantage more than once...and SD still had to resort to a desperation attack.

His Airness
Similar to DD, and Cyborg, and even MM, all who have been put down by Superman before.

Bill had the advantage more than once...and SD still had to resort to a desperation attack.

There was nothing said that even hinted towards regeneration. He flat out stated his body was incapable of being destroyed through physical force. Hence my assessment that he's immune to physical harm.

It was pretty much a stalemate the entire time. However throughout the whole fight it was never hinted that Stardust could not continue. In fact, he never displayed any signs of harm or damage at all. Beta Ray Bill was impressive though.

Jebus reborn

Bill had the advantage more than once...and SD still had to resort to a desperation attack. He got destroyed completely and was up in the next panel... no expression

Hardly.
Bill was practically KO'ed in one of them, and the only thing that saved him was his hammer returning and knocking Stardust away.
Then, Stardust created a doorway to another dimension... with ease I might add.

His Airness
He got destroyed completely and was up in the next panel... no expression

Hardly.
Bill was practically KO'ed in one of them, and the only thing that saved him was his hammer returning and knocking Stardust away.

I missed that......

Avalonofthewind
There was nothing said that even hinted towards regeneration. He flat out stated his body was incapable of being destroyed through physical force. Hence my assessment that he's immune to physical harm.

It was pretty much a stalemate the entire time. However throughout the whole fight it was never hinted that Stardust could not continue. In fact, he never displayed any signs of harm or damage at all. Beta Ray Bill was impressive though.

Storm destroyed his body with a lightning bolt...although he reformed...it shows that he regenerates.

Avalonofthewind
He got destroyed completely and was up in the next panel... no expression

Hardly.

He disappeared in that panel where there was a blinding flash of light... nowhere did it say he was destroyed.

He appeared later reformed...he still had to resort to a desperation tactic to try and beat Bill.

Stardust later admitted that Bill won.

"Hear me out Korbinite/My Gamble did not pay off..You were too strong."

quanchi112
Yes..because your opinion is so prized on these threads.
smile

Definitely no less crazy than your futile Thanos quest. do u think superman beats silver surfer m a majority of the times out of ten. tell me do u think superman is more powerful

Avalonofthewind
do u think superman beats silver surfer m a majority of the times out of ten. tell me do u think superman is more powerful

Majority or not...what was said was that Superman can win. Not everytime but he can.

Your line was that Superman cannot win whatsoever..which is absolutely closed minded and even silly for someone who claims they know their comics.

quanchi112
Majority or not...what was said was that Superman can win. Not everytime but he can.

Your line was that Superman cannot win whatsoever..which is absolutely closed minded and even silly for someone who claims they know their comics. id call it pis. no way he could beat all these guys in succession. then beat the powered up silver sufer. he wouldnt do it and if he did id call it pis.

Avalonofthewind
id call it pis. no way he could beat all these guys in succession. then beat the powered up silver sufer. he wouldnt do it and if he did id call it pis.

He gets 24 hours to rest in between fights...I'm pretty sure after the first 3-4 battles, not only would he be restored..he would probably sundip to make things easier.

hes the writer while ur not. if by ur logic then we can oly regard what u choose to regard. becuz facts no lober count and just opinions do. whose opinions count. do we take a popular vote and see whose opinions count. no we dont. hes the writer u arent. this is fiction so the writer counts while urs doesnt.

As per your opinion.

Symmetric Chaos
He gets 24 hours to rest in between fights...I'm pretty sure after the first 3-4 battles, not only would he be restored..he would probably sundip to make things easier.

I don't think he's allowed to prep during rest time in a gauntlet.

Superman might clear it on occasion but the chances of him beating Morg w/ WOL are very slim.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Superman might clear it on occasion but the chances of him beating Morg w/ WOL are very slim.

I doubt he's allowed to do it as well... that was just an afterthought since the list is fairly long and it's every 24 hours...after a while...anyone would be like WTF.

quanchi112

Superman might clear it on occasion but the chances of him beating Morg w/ WOL are very slim. morg with wol there is no way he could beat him
the silver silver is more powerful thansuperman and he had no chance of stopping him with help from powerful people. superman would be crushed. even if he were allowed to sundip to charge up.

TricksterPriest
Morg w/e WOL is indeed the toughest opponent Supes will face on this gauntlet. But.....he has a chance. As Juntai said, let's not kid ourselves. Superman has faced people at this level and won.

As for Surfer, I'm with Avalon. Superman is capable of beating Surfer, and vice-versa. Which side takes the majority, is debatable, but Superman's ability to beat Surfer cannot be called into question. smile

quanchi112
silver surfer would get a solid 7 out of ten times in this topic. morg with the wol was never beaten by silver surfer, terrax,nova and firends. i dont see how superman could survuive these odds. the power cosmic could roast superman.

Avalonofthewind
silver surfer would get a solid 7 out of ten times in this topic. morg with the wol was never beaten by silver surfer, terrax,nova and firends. i dont see how superman could survuive these odds. the power cosmic could roast superman.

There is a dedicated thread for SS vs Superman. Feel free to visit that to present your odds. While your at it...visit and read the various Superman respect threads and get the silly idea out of your head that herald level characters would have any kind of easy time with Supes.

quanchi112
my point is this. while superman is no chump hes also no silver silver surfer either. morg with the wol neevr lost he was simply to powerful. he had to be depowered to take on multiple heralds. fully powered they had no chance. those herlds all teamed up on superman would crush him.

LogicalDebater
avalonofthewind has to be the gayest ****ing name in history, why don't you just name yourself IBLOWDICKWANNAHALPME?!?!

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by LogicalDebater
my new name after my bannin will b IBLOWDICKWANNAHALPME?!?!

Yet another silly troll. laughing

long pig
-sings- "One of these things are not like the other...."

Y'see, ol' boy Superman ain't herald level. He may be able to beat a few of these guys, but they are all more powerful than he.

Hulk+Rocket boots+Lazar gun/freeze gun=Superman.

lft4ded
A question but does Superman's power levels go up in space? No atmosphere to filter any Solar radiation in space which is where I'm assuming the fights take place?

quanchi112
Originally posted by long pig
-sings- "One of these things are not like the other...."

Y'see, ol' boy Superman ain't herald level. He may be able to beat a few of these guys, but they are all more powerful than he.

Hulk+Rocket boots+Lazar gun/freeze gun=Superman. i agree. superman can compete with thse characters but not all of them. silver surfer when written correctly could spilt him in two. if superman made it by sheer luck to silver surfer his luck would run out. if he met morg with wol he would be utterly crushed. two supermen couldnt beat one morg with wol. morg with wol was uber powerful and way above all the heralds at the time combined.

Skeets
"Hulk+Rocket boots+Lazar gun/freeze gun=Superman."

MattDay
he gets to silver surfer then loses because silver surfer has too many powers for a hero to have. lol

Estacado
He won't beat Stardust.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Skeets
"Hulk+Rocket boots+Lazar gun/freeze gun=Superman."

Wouldn't that be basicly unstoppable . . .

Plus you'd have to add intelligence and straight up durability.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
He won't beat Stardust. im saying if he does. there are to many odds here prresent against superman. hes facing to many badasses in succession. he has less than one percent of 100 to beat all these characters in a row. galactus doesnt make wimps and superman is not beating them all let alone the silver surfer in this gauntlet.

panthergod
Superman gets to Surfer or Morg.

Stardust would be a good fight, nothing he can't defeat.

llagrok
Originally posted by long pig
Hulk+Rocket boots+Lazar gun/freeze gun=Superman.

Is that awesomeness incarnate or what?

starlock
Superman -no time for thor

1. Nova / Superman 9/10

2. Air-Walker / Superman 10/10

3. Terrax / Superman 8/10

4. Stardust / Superman 7/10

5. Red Shift / Superman 7/10

6. Firelord / Superman 7/10

7. Pre-Powerup Surfer / Superman 3/10

8. Morg / Superman 4/10

9. Current/Annihilation Surfer / Superman 2/10

10. WOL Morg / Superman 3/10

Surfer is the only one whos cosmic awareness is practiced enough that he will see supes weakness or find it eventually and use it to the maximum effect,but superman has a chance to beat them at least once, without his weakness exposed its a way different story

Photon009
Superman -no time for thor

1. Nova / Superman 8/10

2. Air-Walker / Superman 7/10

3. Terrax / Superman 7/10

4. Stardust / Superman 6/10

5. Red Shift / Superman 6/10

6. Firelord / Superman 5/10

7. Pre-Powerup Surfer / Superman 4/10

8. Morg / Superman 5/10

9. Current/Annihilation Surfer / Superman 2/10

10. WOL Morg / Superman 0/10 (maybe 1 if Supes gets lucky)

llagrok
Stardust / Superman 6/10 dur

nvrbeenwthagirl
9. Superman has also been going thru an upgrade of sorts. His feats as of late are showing that he is operating on another lvl of power out put.

Avalonofthewind
Wouldn't that be basicly unstoppable . . .

Plus you'd have to add intelligence and straight up durability.

As well as Sonics, T-vo (which opens up a host of other abilities), time/space control of some sort (he's repaired/sealed breaches in time) energy absorption, invisibilty, intangibility, Super speed...etc.

UniOmni
I don't see him beating Stardust.

Surfer he can take on and split or even get the slim majority against, but the nature of Stardust would stop him cold.

And the difference between DD/Darkseid and Stardust is that Stardust is an energy being foremost.

DD and Darkseid are like tough meat, that if you hit them hard enough and long enough will tenderize.

Stardust isn't tough meat.

He's superstrong, megatough water with ungodly stamina.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni

Surfer he can take on and split or even get the slim majority against, but the nature of Stardust would stop him cold.

And the difference between DD/Darkseid and Stardust is that Stardust is an energy being foremost.

DD and Darkseid are like tough meat, that if you hit them hard enough and long enough will tenderize.

Superman has vibrated so that he could repair time and space. He surely will be able to hit Stardust. Also, We have seen stardust defeated before. Energy can hurt him. Superman's Heat vision would be useful.

UniOmni
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman has vibrated so that he could repair time and space. He surely will be able to hit Stardust. Also, We have seen stardust defeated before. Energy can hurt him. Superman's Heat vision would be useful.

Oh, you mean that golden age throwback comic, where he vibrated that ghost planet away, and someone said he just saved the omniverse?

And i never said he wouldn't be able to hit stardust.

I don't think he'd be able to put him down with punches tho.

And it's debateable about hv.

We've seen Stardust get dissapated with a bolt from Storm, only to reform seconds later.

We've also seen him get blasted with energy beams from all sides, only to have them pass through doing no damage whatsoever.

We've also seen him take a blast from Galactus, only to reform later.

HV working is debateable.

And the only people who actually koed Stardust for any length of time, were above the top tier beings.

Galactus and Asteroth.

T-vo is a possible thing tho.

Avalonofthewind

Switch Stardust with Cyborg and you have similar characters. Can they beat Superman? Of course...can Superman beat them? Yep.

And Doomsday has been shown to evolve AND heal on the fly. Either way DD is MUCH tougher than Stardust and a way more fearsome enemy to damage and defeat.

If Storms lightning dissipated SD...the HV or Freeze Breath (which I think would be more effective) should do the job...after all... SD can reform all he wants...it's not like Supes would get tired of breaking him up over and over again.

Sonic attacks/Vibrating arms/T-vo/Freeze Breath, HV...

SD goes down quite a bit...and by forum rules. Once he's down..he's out. He won't be reforming forever. After all...he conceded to BILL after a physical fight.

Estacado
Stardust has withstood planet destroying attacks before the Strom thing was PIS.

UniOmni
He didn't concede to Bill tho.

He threw him into a portal to hell, Bill came back and brought a big threat with him, and he knew he'd need the help to beat Assy, so he implored him for aid.

And i don't know about DD being more fearsome to fight or defeat.

You fight Stardust, you can be tossed into a sun, or a cosmic hell or a blackhole. Or he can go straight physical on you and do decently.

And he's gonna take the planetbusting attacks you throw at him and keep coming strong.

DD?

You're gonna get punched, alot.

If i was Superman, i'd fight DD everytime.

He can't fly, and is limited in energy power and appliances of power.

panthergod
Superman can vary the frequencies of HV. It can effect objects on the dimensional level.

And after all Superman nowdays can withstand diving through stars while weakened. never mind withstanding supernovas, as he did a couple months ago, while weakened.

Superman can withstand absolutely everything Stardust can dish out.

panthergod
check you pms Uni

Superboy Prime
I wouldn't want to fight a being capable of evolving and becoming immune to any way or form I beat him every damned time.

llagrok
Superman can actually beat DD if he attacks him enough, that won't work on Stardust.

Avalonofthewind
He didn't concede to Bill tho.

He threw him into a portal to hell, Bill came back and brought a big threat with him, and he knew he'd need the help to beat Assy, so he implored him for aid.

And i don't know about DD being more fearsome to fight or defeat.

You fight Stardust, you can be tossed into a sun, or a cosmic hell or a blackhole. Or he can go straight physical on you and do decently.

And he's gonna take the planetbusting attacks you throw at him and keep coming strong.

DD?

You're gonna get punched, alot.

If i was Superman, i'd fight DD everytime.

He can't fly, and is limited in energy power and appliances of power.

"Hear me out Korbinite/My Gamble did not pay off..You were too strong."

That sounds like Stardust conceded to me.

As for you "Major attacks" SD literally had to open a wormhole (which Superman has sealed while rubbing his hands...there goes that attack.)

Toss into a Sun...he definitely doesn't want to try that on Superman...which he wouldn't be physically overpowering anyway.

Black hole - held miniature one's in his hands...been through a couple..etc.

That pretty much wipes out SD's best attacks.

You're still ignoring the many options Superman has (which were listed) and the fact that SD won't be regenerating forever.

And yes..DD is a much more fearsome opponent... the more you fight..the stronger he gets? Insane durability and stamina? Evolving and adaptation on the fly?

DD would wipe the floor with SD.

llagrok
No. No one has ever wiped the floor with Stardust.

Stardust pretended to be beaten, it's obvious, everyone except the rabid fanboy named avalon sees it.

A miniature black hole, wow, really? If Stardust can trap beings who can destroy galaxies, he/she can definitely trap Superman.

Physical attacks DOES NOT WORK! Do you understand that? Do you see that? It's a fact, they do not work. They do not work. They do not work. Physical attacks do not work on Stardust.

Now, Superman's two shitty eye lasers against Stardust's 6. Power cosmic vs Superman's eye beams. Hmm, wonder which one will win.

I also wonder if Superman can pull himself together after being blown apart.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by llagrok

Stardust pretended to be beaten, it's obvious, everyone except the rabid fanboy named avalon sees it.

A miniature black hole, wow, really? If Stardust can trap beings who can destroy galaxies, he/she can definitely trap Superman.

Physical attacks DOES NOT WORK! Do you understand that? Do you see that? It's a fact, they do not work. They do not work. They do not work. Physical attacks do not work on Stardust.

Now, Superman's two shitty eye lasers against Stardust's 6. Power cosmic vs Superman's eye beams. Hmm, wonder which one will win.

I also wonder if Superman can pull himself together after being blown apart.

Ah..he PRETENDED to be beaten.... laughing You are a hilarious fanboy...go back to your Marvel hole.

Uni and I actually have fun debates...you however...have no clue what you are talking about.

Juntai

SD goes down quite a bit...and by forum rules. Once he's down..he's out. He won't be reforming forever. After all...he conceded to BILL after a physical fight. big grin

llagrok
Ah..he PRETENDED to be beaten.... laughing You are a hilarious fanboy...go back to your Marvel hole.

Uni and I actually have fun debates...you however...have no clue what you are talking about.

Did you even read the stormbreaker saga?

How could BRB have beaten Stardust with physical attacks, when he can reform?

Estacado
Yup at the end Stardust overpowered Bill phisically.

Avalonofthewind
Did you even read the stormbreaker saga?

How could BRB have beaten Stardust with physical attacks, when he can reform?

Sure..he kept reforming..and he still had to resort to desperation tactics because he couldn't put Bill down
Is it really that hard to understand?

Bill..and hell Storm have put him down. He reforms... but how many times can he do it?

And by Forum rules...he's pretty much done.

Juntai
Sure..he kept reforming..and he still had to resort to desperation tactics because he couldn't put Bill down
Is it really that hard to understand?

Bill..and hell Storm have put him down. He reforms... but how many times can he do it?

And by Forum rules...he's pretty much done. Yep, same as Wolverine will keep healing, but a KO is a win.

UniOmni
But he was never koed by anything Bill did, or Storm.

So it's relevant to the fight.

Unless you want me to make a Thor or BRB vs The General fight, and say they can win, because they can slag him to dust.....not taking into account that he'll merely regenerate.

The only things to ko Stardust, were Galactus and Asteroth, two above the top tier characters.

llagrok
Okay, storm beat Stardust.

Spider man beat Thanos

Squirrel girl beat doom

BP beat Silver surfer.

what's your point avalon? KMC Rules? NO PIS!

Priest
lol people are underestimating Stardust and overestimating Superman as usual.

Ok here a run down of the bill and star dust fight.
Here's bill pining down StarDust onto a planet,
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/stardustbill.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Stardustbill2.jpg

Here's bill smashing the planet with Star Dust taking the brunt of the attack.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Stardustbill3.jpg

the next image shows Stardust unfaded by the planet destroying attack.
now for anyone that says that StarDust can be KOed by superman is wrong. I doubt Superman can hit harder than a blood-lusted Beta Ray Bill with the mjinor, also she was taking shots form Bill in previous panels in the book. And NO StarDust was not KOed by bill, u can look though the book yourself if you like, u wont find such a scan.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Stardustbil4l.jpg

Here's a scan where StarDust confirms that she can't be beaten physically.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/stardustbill5.jpg

Superman is not beating StarDust

starlock
who is limiting superman to throwing punches? did i miss the thread starters stipulations?

Priest
Originally posted by starlock
who is limiting superman to throwing punches? did i miss the thread starters stipulations?

no body is, still superman cant put StarDust down.

nvrbeenwthagirl
no body is, still superman cant put StarDust down.

I beg to differ. If a lightning bolt can do it, Supers can.

Estacado

Ok here a run down of the bill and star dust fight.
Here's bill pining down StarDust onto a planet,
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/stardustbill.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Stardustbill2.jpg

Here's bill smashing the planet with Star Dust taking the brunt of the attack.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Stardustbill3.jpg

the next image shows Stardust unfaded by the planet destroying attack.
now for anyone that says that StarDust can be KOed by superman is wrong. I doubt Superman can hit harder than a blood-lusted Beta Ray Bill with the mjinor, also she was taking shots form Bill in previous panels in the book. And NO StarDust was not KOed by bill, u can look though the book yourself if you like, u wont find such a scan.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Stardustbil4l.jpg

Here's a scan where StarDust confirms that she can't be beaten physically.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/stardustbill5.jpg

Superman is not beating StarDust

Priest
u heard about PIS, ur bring up examples form a book that had Surfer helpless in a arm lock form Black Panther roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
u heard about PIS, ur bring up examples form a book that had Surfer helpless in a arm lock form Black Panther roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah, people like to bring up books written by jeph loeb as well. go figure.

UniOmni

What you don't seem to be getting, is that the lightning bolt didn't put him down.

It just spritzed him, and he came back seconds later.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What you don't seem to be getting, is that the lightning bolt didn't put him down.

I'll do some digging. I"m almost sure Supers has beaten a similiar foe. I'll get back to you. Stardust is cool, but he can't dish out enought o take supers down.

UniOmni
Plowing through a planet and taking the blast won't slow him down?

Or how about opening a portal to a cosmic hell, and blasting his ass through it?

llagrok
I'll do some digging. I"m almost sure Supers has beaten a similiar foe. I'll get back to you. Stardust is cool, but he can't dish out enought o take supers down.

Oh right, I forgot how incredibly weak the power cosmic is dur

Photon009

He wasnt back for 6 panels, and by that time, Storm was already about to fight Surfer. So the fight was over, and Storm won. The thing about Stardust is, yes he can regenerate from pretty much anything, but if he doesnt do it in a minute or less the fight's over, so it doesnt matter.

UniOmni
Six panels in a comic, which equated a second or two for Storm to say a sentence and then get turned back around.

Go away or i'll blow your cover, you Stardust hating child.

Photon009
Six panels in a comic, which equated a second or two for Storm to say a sentence and then get turned back around.

Go away or i'll blow your cover, you Stardust hating child.

You'll blow my cover? Go ahead and be a ****ing snitch then if you want to give yourself a bad name. Seriously only ******* do that shit.

And by the time Stardust regenerated, Ben had already dug out Gravity who was buried under rubble, and i believe Storm completed a whole speech, either way Storm won that fight, as she left to go fight someone else when Stardust was gone. The fight was over whether you like it or not, Stardust lost.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You'll blow my cover? Go ahead and be a ****ing snitch then if you want to give yourself a bad name. Seriously only ******* do that shit.

And by the time Stardust regenerated, Ben had already dug out Gravity who was buried under rubble, and i believe Storm completed a whole speech, either way Storm won that fight, as she left to go fight someone else when Stardust was gone. The fight was over whether you like it or not, Stardust lost.

Just stop it with all the cussing and stuff.

Photon009

My bad, just hate snitches.

darthgoober
laughing out loud I'm sorry nvr, but you can see why this is funny right?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
laughing out loud I'm sorry nvr, but you can see why this is funny right?

It's funny and yet so sad. All at the same time.

Priest
My bad, just hate snitches.
*Its me Bitches* cool

panthergod

So what about Superman, who dirruped extradimensional ghost planets with his superspeed what would have devestated the multiverse?

You're not going to win any comparison of feats, so don't even go down that road.

considering that he was temporary destroyed by physical attacks, that's a lie.

Superman, considering that he's withstood and countered the Omega Effect, which is the "Negative Polarity" energies of the Source.

He's also recently withstood everything the most power Green Lantern, Hal Jordan could throw at him.

Stardust has no energy attacks Superman cannot withstand and counter.

Nah, He'll simply withstand everything Stardust can throw at him, just like he's done to the Parrallax/Oblivion amped Kyle Rayner GL, who destroys Stardust in power.

panthergod

Yay. you proved that Stardust can withstand hard hits.

Where has he withstood energy blasts capable of searing the fabric of reality?

So, I'm guessing you weren't able to read the posts where Superman has been stated to utilize non physical attacks?

lmao.

Oh yeah, and what about the fact that the force of Superman's punches have proven powerful enough to disrupt the fabric of space time, to boot?

Priest
Originally posted by panthergod
Yay. you proved that Stardust can withstand hard hits.
Indeed i have, thank you for agreeing with me.

Where has he withstood energy blasts capable of searing the fabric of reality?
yet he can be beaten down by the likes of Doomsday, Despero, the General ect..i guess their punches can bend the fabric or reality? u agree with me on that also roll eyes (sarcastic)

So, I'm guessing you weren't able to read the posts where Superman has been stated to utilize non physical attacks?
and how will they help him win a match against a herald?confused

Oh yeah, and what about the fact that the force of Superman's punches have proven powerful enough to disrupt the fabric of space time, to boot?
u have scans of Superman actually doing this? because debating with non concrete evidence is really not gonna sway my opinion.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Estacado

I saw SD catch an ass whoopin' extraordinaire there. If he had those problems with Bill..then he's in a serious world of **** with Superman.

Plus he still had to resort to desperation attacks and still admitted that Bill was too strong. If he couldn't physically take out Bill...he sure as hell isn't touching Supes.

It's not that hard...HV to liquefy him...Freeze breath for the chunks...and Superman throws them far far away from each other....SD may come back...but it surely won't be quick....or he simply causes vibrations that make it difficult to reform.

Recently Galactus had to restore SD after 3-4 good shots. One was Storms lightning blast.

Since some of you guys tend to think that SD is invulnerable...I guess SD whoops SS ass without problem then?

UniOmni
Superman doesn't have the options that Surfer has tho.

Surfer could possibly tie his lifeforce to the planet, ala Lunatik.

Trap him in his board possibly, ala Legacy.

In a straight mano y mano fight tho?

Stardust would probably simply outlast Surfer.

And i don't think he's invulnerable.

I think he just shunts off damage from physical blows.

And i don't think Superman dwarfs the Thunderers in strength.

If there's an edge, it's small, not vast.

His Airness
Superman really isn't defeating Stardust. His rang of attacks are too limited, while Stardust on the other hand has many options to go along with his ability to regenerate. Nothing Superman has in his arsenal with th exception of T-vo(which is still debatable) is going to put Stardust down.

Avalonofthewind
Superman doesn't have the options that Surfer has tho.

Surfer could possibly tie his lifeforce to the planet, ala Lunatik.

Trap him in his board possibly, ala Legacy.

In a straight mano y mano fight tho?

Stardust would probably simply outlast Surfer.

And i don't think he's invulnerable.

I think he just shunts off damage from physical blows.

And i don't think Superman dwarfs the Thunderers in strength.

If there's an edge, it's small, not vast.

Regenerating and shunting off damage are 2 completely different things.

Bill whooped that ass..and SD had to resort to trying a wormhole to get rid of him. Stardust didn't do that great against BRB either.

It's easy to say " You can't damage me" after the fight is over and you are pretty sure you aren't going to get hit again. Bill was doing just fine. Hell, he stabbed the guy with his own weapon.

This must be the bizarro forum. Where "logic" applies backwards.

quanchi112
superman just doesnt have the luck to beat all these opponents in succession. its like 1 in a million chance. its like jim carrey said in dumb and dumber. so u ur telling me theres a chance. celebration

His Airness
Regenerating and shunting off damage are 2 completely different things.

Bill whooped that ass..and SD had to resort to trying a wormhole to get rid of him. Stardust didn't do that great against BRB either.

It's easy to say " You can't damage me" after the fight is over and you are pretty sure you aren't going to get him again. Bill was doing just fine. Hell, he stabbed the guy with his own weapon.

This must be the bizarro forum. Where "logic" applies backwards.

Agreed, however not once during the Bill, SD fight did it appear that SD was damaged or harmed to the point that he couldn't go on. In fact he never apperaed damaged at all.

No he didn't, It was a stalemate.

You act as if BFRing someone is now some sign of weakness or defeat?

He stabbed him to but no avail. Stardust was back within the next few panels, fresh and ready to continue. The only reason the two squashed their beef was because there universe became endangered.

Yeah? confused

Avalonofthewind
superman just doesnt have the luck to beat all these opponents in succession. its like 1 in a million chance. its like jim carrey said in dumb and dumber. so u ur telling me theres a chance. celebration

Succession implies that he's fighting them back to back...which he isn't...he gets a day between each one which is all he needs for a full recovery.

quanchi112
howeevr i put it. i think his backs up aginst the wall. he doesnt pull all these victories out of his ass. afew but not all. some of these characters are just like made to take superman out becuz of his weaknesses. he has 1 in a million chance still.

Avalonofthewind
Agreed, however not once during the Bill, SD fight did it appear that SD was damaged or harmed to the point that he couldn't go on. In fact he never apperaed damaged at all.

No he didn't, It was a stalemate.

You act as if BFRing someone is now some sign of weakness or defeat?

He stabbed him to but no avail. Stardust was back within the next few panels, fresh and ready to continue. The only reason the two squashed their beef was because there universe became endangered.

Yeah? confused

So what you are saying was that after Stardusts best "last resort" attack failed on BRB, and BRB PHYSICALLY OVERPOWERED Stardust...yet Stardust is invulnerable?

He regenerates...like many characters do...but I've yet to see an unlimited regenerator.

Had Bill and SD kept going..do you think the SD would have regenerated infinitely and defeated Bill?

Priest
Where is everyone getting at that Star Dust regenerates?

quanchi112
to me superman if he gets to powered up silver surfer from annihilation, he would get owneddddddddd. if he pulls some miracle he would have zero chance against morg with wol. under his own power zero chance. morg with wol was so powerful it wasnt even funny.

UniOmni
So what you are saying was that after Stardusts best "last resort" attack failed on BRB, and BRB PHYSICALLY OVERPOWERED Stardust...yet Stardust is invulnerable?

He regenerates...like many characters do...but I've yet to see an unlimited regenerator.

Had Bill and SD kept going..do you think the SD would have regenerated infinitely and defeated Bill?

Thing is tho, we haven't seen the limits to his stamina and recuperative abilities.

It's fallacy to think that he must have a limit, when none has been shown yet.

Juntai
Thing is tho, we haven't seen the limits to his stamina and recuperative abilities.

It's fallacy to think that he must have a limit, when none has been shown yet. Sort of like using magic and kryptonite against Superman for a win, when it doesn't actually happen?

Avalonofthewind

It's fallacy to think that he must have a limit, when none has been shown yet.

Actually.. in the the last FF issue...Galactus had to restore him after a few powerful attacks.

So you think it's more realistic that Stardust had infinite regeneration?

UniOmni
Superman has been koed by magic tho.

And he's been dropped by knite too.

Stardust hasn't been stopped.

celestialdemon
Actually.. in the the last FF issue...Galactus had to restore him after a few powerful attacks.

Well, you have to forgive the mistakes made by a dumbass like McDuffie. This is the guy who had DP put SS in the armbar of death.

Priest
Galactus had to restore the Heralds because
1) Surfer was completely drained of his power cosmic by the Doom/black panther device.
2) Stardust was had to fight off both the Human Torch amped by the Silver Surfers Power cosmic, and Gravetron.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/juggernaut66666/18-7.jpg

So where do u get that Stardust had to be restored for emiting attacks? confused

Also its pretty weak that ur bring up examples form a books (written by the same author) that had PIS/crap written all over it.
the book that u mentioned before Galactus was restored to full power by a blast from Gravity. laughing out loud
Oh, and galactus was actually hurt by Gravity.
and the book before that had the Silver Surfer at the mercy of black panther using a arm lock.
the books an general were poorly written, i compare them to Batman/Superman books.

again, where do u get that Star Dust have to regenerate?
because i really don't know where its comming from.

quanchi112
1) Surfer was completely drained of his power cosmic by the Doom/black panther device.
2) Stardust was had to fight off both the Human Torch amped by the Silver Surfers Power cosmic, and Gravetron.

So where do u get that Stardust had to be restored for emiting attacks? confused

Also its pretty weak that ur bring up examples form a books (written by the same author) that had PIS/crap written all over it.
the book that u mentioned before Galactus was restored to full power by a blast from Gravity. laughing out loud
and the book before that had the Silver Surfer at the mercy of black panther using a arm lock.
the books an general were poorly written, i compare them to Batman/Superman books.

because i really don't know where its comming from. nicely down. u did ur homework and owned it.

jasonk3

panthergod
Indeed i have, thank you for agreeing with me.Stardust taking hard hits doesn't prove that superman cannot defeat him.

Where?

Doomsday beat a less powerful version. General was STALEMATED by a less powerful version. Despero? Lmao. you mean the guy Superman recently took out with one blast?

Irrelevant. Superman sealed the fabric of reality wth HV. Stardust is not immune to his attacks when Storm can tear him apart.

WTF?

What does the fact that Stradust is a Herald matter?

oh, you're one of those.

the rabid fanboys who equate Herald level with godhood. LOL.

Superman's non physical attacks have contained cosmic dimensional events and used to great effect against Cosmic beings such as Dominus.

Don't bring that 'he's a Herald' trash to the table when you're talking about a character like Superman, who's is more powerful than any Herald save the Surfer.

So you missed Infinite Crisis the bigeest event of 2005-2006, then?

I can't post links. Go to the 23rd page of the Superman Respect thread.

Avalonofthewind

I think it's pretty weak that your trying to defend this ridiculous tirade that Stardust is the new juggernaut.

Nobody cares that you hold the books in regards to Batman/Superman...and it's completely inconclusive to this debate. Here Galactus plainly states that he restores his heralds.
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8669/p1za5.th.jpg

Now SS I understand as BP drained him...But Stardust the invincible?

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/104/p2jt7.th.jpghttp://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1787/p3je9.th.jpg

because i really don't know where its comming from.

The 2 scans above show...Storm destroys his body with lightning and he has to reform. This simply shows he's not as invulnerable as the new KMC rumors would lead you to believe. Yes...he's restored...but 4 powerful attacks and Galactus did have to restore him.

quanchi112
regardless of whether superman beats stardust or not. morg with wol owns him. he nevr completels this gauntlet due to this. whether u agree or not about him beating stardust or somehow getting past the surfer. im sure we all agree he cant beat morg with the wol.

His Airness

No, what I'm saying is this fight was a stalemate throughout. Not a single time in the fight did one character have the complete advantage over the other. However Bill appeared to be drained, Stardust didn't.

I never stated Stardust was physically stronger than Superman nor Bill, only that he was invulnerable to physical harm. Something that imo, appears to be true.

My question is how Superman's going to put Stardust down?

No, but I do believe he would have outlasted Bill. As I said, Bill appeared to be taxed, Stardust didn't.

Avalonofthewind
My question is how Superman's going to put Stardust down?

That's already been answered a couple of times.

And the "invulnerability" (which is really regeneration) was as well.

His Airness
That's already been answered a couple of times.

And the "invulnerability" (which is really regeneration) was as well.

I must have missed that....

I must have missed this as well. I thought this was still up for debate? confused

Avalonofthewind
I must have missed that....

I must have missed this as well. I thought this was still up for debate? confused

Debate is why we are here correct?

His Airness
Debate is why we are here correct?

Yes, but I hadn't realized you had already established how superman was going to defeat Stardust.

llagrok
I think it's pretty safe to say that the BP/Storm comic was complete and utter bullshit. Unless you actually agree with BP arm baring SS.

Also, saying that Stardust doesn't have as many feats as Superman means you're equivialent to a retard. SM is the main character of a comic who's been going on for ages, you can't compare him to a relatively new character.

We have to go by what DECENT comics we've seen with Stardust. Which is annihilation and stormbreaker, period.

Priest
I think it's pretty weak that your trying to defend this ridiculous tirade that Stardust is the new juggernaut.
When have i said that Stardust = The juggernaut?

Nobody cares that you hold the books in regards to Batman/Superman...and it's completely inconclusive to this debate.
Actually i was trying to prove a point, before dismissing my statement u should of realized that i was comparing how the recent fantastic four issues are poorly written just like the Batman/Superman books.

Here Galactus plainly states that he restores his heralds.
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8669/p1za5.th.jpg
Now SS I understand as BP drained him...But Stardust the invincible?
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/104/p2jt7.th.jpghttp://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1787/p3je9.th.jpg
The 2 scans above show...Storm destroys his body with lightning and he has to reform. This simply shows he's not as invulnerable as the new KMC rumors would lead you to believe. Yes...he's restored...but 4 powerful attacks and Galactus did have to restore him.
Storm may have destroyed his body in the book, but ur still not getting that PIS is played major role in the last couple of fantastic four books. It seems that your the only that is taking this book seriously.

let me ask you a question, does Storm's attack rival that of Beta Ray Bill's from stormbreaker?
Can Storm's lighting be more effective than planet shaking attacks?
Can Storm dish out more punishment than what StarDust taken throughout the whole Annihilation Series?
Have we seen Stardust regenerate from any of the examples that i listed above?

Seriously, ur riding on the idea that Superman can win because stardust had to reform his body because of what happened in a completely bullshit story. A story that is pretty much widely regarded as bullshit KMC.

As for Galactus having to restore Stardust, what makes you think that she had to be restored because of what Storm did? Does she loose energy because she has to regenerate?

Im pretty sure Stardust was more than able to continue fighting after Storm attacked her.

Stardust took the most of the punishment from a COSMICLY ENHANCED human torch, and GRAVITY. It makes more sense because that fight did lead up to the Galactus restoration of Stardust.

llagrok
Just check out the look in Silver Surfer's eyes there.

That comic was complete and utter bullshit.

starlock
I think it's pretty safe to say that the BP/Storm comic was complete and utter bullshit. Unless you actually agree with BP arm baring SS.

Also, saying that Stardust doesn't have as many feats as Superman means you're equivialent to a retard. SM is the main character of a comic who's been going on for ages, you can't compare him to a relatively new character.

We have to go by what DECENT comics we've seen with Stardust. Which is annihilation and stormbreaker, period.

Really so now you decide whats a decent comic and what feats we should use? Cmon what kind of response is this

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>