Serious Star Wars Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Sexy
Ok this question should have been brought up a long time ago, and I don't know why I'm the only one who thought of it. Is it just me, or do the Solos and the Skywalkers age slower than a sea turtle? I mean come on. Mara Jade and Luke are what, 58-59, and Mara looks like a 22 year old super model. I hope someone can justify this illogical crap. I would hope there should be SOMETHING logical about a science fiction storyline. Idiot writers.

Blue_Hefner
It probably has something to do with the Force. I mean Yoda was like 900 years and was incredibly fast.

Darth Sexy
Yea but his appearance was ancient. So was Odan Urr. My point is everyone around them aged and were described as older or old, while the Solos and the Skywalkers all look exactly the same. I wish this was reality, where the older my gf gets, the younger she looks.

Darth Sexy
I want this question answered damnit. My second question is, how the hell is Jacen supposed to become a full fledged sith lord/sith master? Obviously he's a pretender, but you need to have a certain level of sith knowledge to become a sith lord. Krayt at least had holocrons and Korriban to work with, and whatever else the stupid Legacy writers gave him. Jacen had a few of Lumiya's teachings, while Lumiya didn't have half of Sidious' or Vader's teachings. So again I ask you, how can you become a full sith lord without the knowledge? I think the writers of these books have slowly destroyed the term "Sith" and basically made sith lord into nothing more than a title.

Tangible God
You're damn right they have. The Sith should have died at Endor, as according to the Chosen One prophecy set down by Lucas himself. But nope, they returned in DE, and now apparently in Legacy.

As to the age question, Luke is a demi-God in the Force, it's likely that's preventing a lot of the aging. And Mara is sex-appeal, but again, the Force is the in-Universe answer.

Darth Sexy
I suppose but that doesn't really suffice because Han hasn't aged either. They all look like they did 40 years younger. I hate these inconsistencies. If you're going to destroy GL's vision, at least do it right.

Manslayer
Luke was the only one who looked older to me

Tengu
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I want this question answered damnit. My second question is, how the hell is Jacen supposed to become a full fledged sith lord/sith master? Obviously he's a pretender, but you need to have a certain level of sith knowledge to become a sith lord. Krayt at least had holocrons and Korriban to work with, and whatever else the stupid Legacy writers gave him. Jacen had a few of Lumiya's teachings, while Lumiya didn't have half of Sidious' or Vader's teachings. So again I ask you, how can you become a full sith lord without the knowledge? I think the writers of these books have slowly destroyed the term "Sith" and basically made sith lord into nothing more than a title. i agree comepetely, i never read star wars books, just the comics from darkhorse. From what i have heard of their butchering of Star Wars. I didnt even consider looking at one.

as for the age thing, well i mean i dont think its that big a deal. I mean you know their old, some people age really well i suppose. i know people who are 40+ who look like they're in their 20s. i think its kind of a "oohh thats weird...oh well" kind of flaw. prolly why not to many people noticed it.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I hate these inconsistencies.

I do too. For instance, Jacen is believed by many Jedi even Kyp Durron to be the second most powerful Jedi, but Jacen gets whipped by Leia, that girl from Tatooine, and Mara, but he almost defeats an illusion that's almost as powerful as Luke.

Riverollv
Yes, I agree. Legacy was not well-planned at all, the comics have lots of flaws and non-sense, and these kinds of things make me sick. They could have at least done something that makes sense. They're supposed to be pros, you know.

ThoraxeRMG
The Force slows their aging process.....?

Darth_Glentract
It probably has to do with advanced medical technology. People in SW can easily live 50% longer than us, so their appearance probably goes down the tube slower too. Being 60 in SW is like being 40 to us. Or even younger perhaps.

Darth Hord
Plastic Surgery!

Bruce Leeroy
I agree with it being the force. Dooku looked old, but he still looked great for his age.

Tangible God
But then, so does Christopher Lee.

Riverollv
Exactly. That's completely a different case.

xxXAcStylesXxx
The force, and a exfoliater.

And come on guys Legacy is actually good...

JaehSkywalker
this is why i don't read too far into EU.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
The force, and a exfoliater.

And come on guys Legacy is actually good...

Yea, if you disregard anything George Lucas has said or done, it's great. Other than that, it's a piece of crap full of contradictions.

Council#13
I guess they can't sell the comics if their formerly-attractive characters look like they should be retired. And a lot of wrinkles would remind the audience that these are not people who should still be running around smashing glowing rods at each other.

Tengu
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
I agree with it being the force. Dooku looked old, but he still looked great for his age. laughing out loud C-Lee dosent exist... there is only Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.