Parallels of Anakin Skywalker and Jacen Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORDSIDIOUS01
All right what are the similarities between Grandfather and nephew.

Gideon
Both of them are regarded as highly intelligent, yet seem to lack any sort of common sense, which causes them to make rather stupid decisions. Both of them are deluded and arrogant: both think they can master forces that are all-consuming.

...Jacen is worse 'cuz he has Anakin's story for precedence and he still makes all the bullshit moves.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Gideon
Both of them are regarded as highly intelligent, yet seem to lack any sort of common sense, which causes them to make rather stupid decisions. Both of them are deluded and arrogant: both think they can master forces that are all-consuming.

...Jacen is worse 'cuz he has Anakin's story for precedence and he still makes all the bullshit moves. Well, intelligence and common sense/morals/sanity/etc. never did have the best relationship ever.

Darth Subjekt
Would you say that Kun is paralleled to Anakin more-so than Jacen? I think the Jacen storyline is a vain attempt to just share a particular plight of a Skywalker, and rather than compromise Luke "I'm uber" Skywalker, they go to the next best thing...

Hell, I'm surprised they didn't do it with little Anakin and try to tie them together simply for him being a namesake...writing is going down the shitter...

But yes, Jacen is worse due to even being able to experience the Jedi Temple purge through Anakin's own eyes, or however he did it...

Riverollv
I hate Jacen... but for some reason I love Skywalker

LORDSIDIOUS01
Are their any parallels between Revan and Jacen?

vader11
What about Dooku? laughing

Darth Hord
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Are their any parallels between Revan and Jacen?

In some ways yes like they both were powerful jedi who got some type of position in the military.Both claimed to have a just reason to become sith, both of them had a strange/bad relationship with jedi council members before they fell. And of course they are powerful,(duh) that's about it.You can probably find some paralles between almost all sith or mkst star wars characters.

Riverollv
I'd say there are similarities between Cade Skywalker and Anakin, too...

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Riverollv
I'd say there are similarities between Cade Skywalker and Anakin, too...

Except for the fact that Cade is an addict! laughing

Riverollv
Well... yeah laughing out loud

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
All right what are the similarities between Grandfather and nephew.

Both are believed to be the most powerful of their time but get their asses kicked by someone much weaker e.g. Aurra Sing, Obi Wan Kenobi

MasterAshenVor
you see here is the thing between Anakin and Jacen everyone is like he made the same bullshit moves....but take this into consideration

They had different circumstances

They had different Teachers

They have a different way of looking at things

for number 1 - Jacen was caught up in a essentially same thing as the confederacy which anakin fought aginst but the galaxy had changed since then things that applied then dont apply now and the Jedi Council is different they sense more things then the old council did.

For number 2 - Anakin had Palpatine who belived in gaining power.
Jacen had Lumyia who belived in touching your inner self studying sith phylosophy <--- typo and Sacrificeing those you love to gain power she also belives and not becomeing arrogent and stupid.... Note : Lumyia and Kreia seem to be very similar in teachings.....

For Number 3 - Anakin WANTED POWER he wanted to be the best Jedi there had ever been and Gain Glory

Jacen wants to help the galaxy and protect his wife and little girl and his family but due to him needing to make a sacrifice protecting his Family Mom Dad Uncle Aunt ect. is third place in his agenda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.