H&ll Hath No Fury Like Leo scorned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sailorleo
ok let us rant about all the f*ups made by T&T, disney and the overall producer...thingy what not....

*waves hand* i start, i start

1 Why the F*CK kill off norrie!!!

2 THE SPARRABETHERS WERE JIPPED!!!

3 WHY DID THE MONKEY GET MORE SCREENTIME THAN NORRIE, SWANN AND BECKETT COMBINED?

T.Maria
4. Why did will and liz keep things from eachother, if they're supposed to be in such a 'strong' relationship????

5. WHY DID THEY KILL OFF NORRIE (im angry about that!)

6. Why were the deaths within the film so....flat??? (sorry, but im including norrie in this because he deserved a better death scene) And why wasn't elizabeth effected more by them? considering her father was one of them, AND she witnessed a total of three deaths (of people who were close to her).

sailorleo
and she didn't even attempt to pull off an *hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die* that woulda been cool...*nods*

7. was the mental jack necessary?

T.Maria
^^^ It was necessary to show his mental state after davy jones locker...
And plus, many many jacks is a good thing!! big grin

8. why was beckett fat in this film???

*all together now*

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES?!" big grin

sailorleo
**Well they should have done a better job portraying that...they made it look too cartoony....**

...wait what, pies?

JacksSweet

T.Maria
Originally posted by sailorleo
**Well they should have done a better job portraying that...they made it look too cartoony....**

...wait what, pies?

true, it was cartoony.

But i guess they needed to get the laughs aswell as the understanding...

And there are no pies left because beckett ate them all big grin

JaehSkywalker
STILL:

WHY DID THEY KILL NORRIE OFF!

TOO LITTLE NORRI, GOV SWANN time!

CALYPSO'S SUDDEN-go-big scene: POINTLESS

Surreal_44
1. Why kill Norrington?

Because his arc was complete, his story was finished, and his death was a motivating factor (even if it was not implicitly stated) in Elizabeth getting revenge on Beckett. True, I wish there had been more of James, but I enjoyed what we had of him.

2. Sparrabethers and getting jipped.

Sparrabethers weren't jipped. Jack made it quite clear that he was not a-ok with Elizabeth killing him. It doesn't fit with the fanon opinion that Elizabeth killing Jack would only make him love her more, but that isn't the fault of those involved in writing the film.

Killing Jack = Killing romance.

The scenes with Jack and Elizabeth were good and full of fun subtext on how they get along and how they develop into being friends again.

3. Monkey screen time!!

"Jack" only got more screen time than Swann. Maybe James, but what James and Swann did and said was more important to the film, so it doesn't matter. It's not quantity of screentime, it's quality that counts.

4. Keeping things and not being honest.

If you recall, Elizabeth and Will kept things from each other only in the beginning of the film. They both learned that in the end, they cannot do that. Couples are allowed to make mistakes you know. The wonderful thing about Will and Elizabeth is that they have the ability to learn from those mistakes, making their relationship even stronger.

5. Killing off Norrie.

See point number one.

6. Death and Elizabeth

The death scenes, except for Beckett and Will's did seem a bit fast, but the more I watch the death scene of James and Sao, the more I realize it fits with what is happening. It felt flat the first time I watched it, but now that I've seen it 7 times I'm satisfied with their ends.

As for Elizabeth...dude, she IS affected. She screams for her father "No, I won't let you go!" and tries to climb off the ship, she is shocked by Sao's death, but not saddened, she is horrified by James' death (she screams "No! James!"wink, and by the time she arrives at Shipwreck Cove she's ready for war.

When Will dies...um, yeah, she is completely torn up over it. "Stay with me, stay with me. Look at me! Look at me! I won't let you go. Don't leave me!" And when Jack drags her away from Will (and yes, he has to drag her away) "No! No! I won't leave you! Willll!"

She also tells Beckett that he has chosen his fate, that he will fight and that he will die. And she looks and sounds pissed and determined when she says it. I would be very afraid of Lizzie at that point.

7. Mental Jack

Yes, he was necessary, as T.Maria said. It shows how saving Jack was not a quick fix, that he was still suffering from being in the Locker. I love how he finally gets rid of them, and then he is back in true Jack form, ready to do what is necessary, something we hadn't seen since the end of CotBP.

8. Why was Beckett fat?

Was he? He's always been a bit on the puffy side, I suppose. I don't think he exercises much...it's all that sugar in his tea. big grin

9. I agree there was a lot of death, but it's necessary. War is hell. Sacrifices must be made (even the good die, and sometimes they die more often and horribly than the bad guys), and nothing in this world comes free and easy. Freedom that we enjoy is often paid for by the blood of others, both good and evil.

Besides that, Mercer and Beckett were cold, cold murderers. If they weren't stopped permamently, they would continue to destroy countless innocent lives, and besides, it's a movie so it's good when the bad guy dies.

10. More Jack and Lizzie...or should I say Less?

None of the scenes cut for Jack and Elizabeth would have done much for the film, except to show that Jack is still pissed at Elizabeth during much of it. Fun, but not necessary to the plot.

Jack and Elizabeth weren't the only ones to suffer from being cut; there were numerous Jack and Will scenes that would have been fun to see, more Jack and Beckett, more Will and Elizabeth (a scene in particular where they resolve their trust issues), and several Swann, Norrington, Davy Jones and Calypso, and M&M and P&R scenes were cut or cut short.

10A. Jack and Lizzie's good-bye

I liked it. It was perfect for them. They tease each other, they know everything is cool between them now, they know where the other person stands (Elizabeth with Will, Jack with the Pearl), and the scene does have a slight bittersweet feel of, "Maybe if things were different". It's the only time I can honestly say I've ever felt any "Sparrabethiness" in all three films.

Besides, what can you say to someone after you've been through so much with them? Words simply won't work, and would only cheapen the all that they've been through.

I also like the fact that there was no Will and Jack good-bye scene. We already know how they feel about each other; can you imagine those two trying to say an emotional good-bye?

And lastly, I don't think that this is really good-bye for any of them. I firmly believe that Will and Elizabeth will see each other before the ten years are up, I don't doubt that Jack will either drag them into a new adventure, or they'll drag him into one (those three can't ever stay out of trouble, can they?).

Oh, and Sailor, your fic is almost done. I'm just nit-picking over some of the finer points. Hopefully it'll be up by the evening. big grin

JaehSkywalker
Surreal, you're gonna stir up Sparrabether's on this one lol..

Surreal_44
It's what I live for. wink

Besides, I have not taunted anyone of how I was correct on a number of my predictions, including who Elizabeth was screaming for in the water and who would end up together at the end of the film.

I must release the stress somehow.

On a totally unrelated note, my friend just went into labor!!!! Baby!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!

JaehSkywalker
so, i take it you'll be a godparent?

lol... stirring 'em up is what you live for? get a life dude.. (just kidding!)

willofthewisp
Congrats, Surreal! Fill us in on that news.

Beckett fat? Lol! I have to see it again just to look. I'm thinking that everyone on death row in the beginning probably didn't eat all that well and maybe Beckett ate a lot of chocolate in front of them to taunt them.

(Will, Davy, Beckett confrontation scene)

Davy: You summoned me?

Beckett: Yes, we were just discussing you.

Davy: (looks in Beckett's teacup) Want some tea to go with your sugar?

(Will laughs)

Beckett: What's so funny?

Will: Nothing. I'm just sure all the pirates have a plan to kill you, but even if that doesn't work, the heart disease will.

(Davy laughs)

Davy: Wait...I'm supposed to hate you! Damn you, Will Turner!

I don't know what would have been done with Norrington and Swann if they were kept alive. It's okay that they died, but yeah, both seemed a bit rushed to me. There was no reason for James to die. I think he could have developed even more.

JaehSkywalker
lol willo! laughing out loud

yep, their death is rushed.

Norri should've died in some other circumstance... or something like that.

SammySparrow
11) WHY in all in the whole battle scene with Jack and Davey and during Will's death,did they keep James' sword in view? What's so important about it?

Surreal_44
11. Norrington's sword

Good question. I don't know of anything for a positive fact, but here's my take on it.

It was forged by Will (a good man) for Norrington (a good man). It's symbolic of law, order, justice, honor, integrity and leadership. It's a symbol of James' old life, and you can see how it weighs on him when he first gets it back.

When James dies, Jones takes the sword and keeps it for himself. As with everything involved with Jones, the purpose and true nature of the sword becomes tainted and twisted. Instead of being used for an honorable purpose, Jones uses the sword to further along his own agenda, and instead of only killing when necessary, the sword is used dishonorably to stab Will.

Not only does Jones stab Will with it, but he twists the blade and plunges it in deeper, a completely unnecessary move, but one that showed Jones' cruelty and pleasure in the suffering of others.

That's a bit long-winded; but basically, it's the irony of the purpose of the sword, and also, ironic that the creator of the sword is then killed by it.

No, I'm not going to be a godmother, but I'm happy for my friend. I think it's going to be a boy, so we shall see. big grin

willofthewisp
Will it have a pirate name like Jack or Will? Hee hee. I really don't want the kid's name to be Will Jr. Even if it were by some stretch Jack's kid, Jack Jr. would suck. For the only accpetable Jack Jr, watch Legacy on youtube.

I think Surreal hit all the points about the sword. It also saved Liz for all you keeping track, so it did a great deed before Davy took it as his booty.

Surreal_44
I think Will's son, if he's named for William, would be William ______ Turner, III. Generally speaking then, the child would probably go by his middle name then. big grin

willofthewisp
I'm just not a fan of the Jr bit. I'd name him something else that sounds good with Turner. He's going to be an action star, so he needs a great name.

Anthony Turner?
Peter Turner?
Damien Turner?

Lol. James Turner, if they want to name him for Norrington. Or if they're feeling preppy, Holden Turner. Or if Liz gets into the occult, Moon Turner. Lol, the possibilities are endless. Will Jr. just sounds contrived.

Surreal_44
Yeah, but Will is the 'junior'. Young Will is "William the Third". big grin Rather stately, honestly. LOL

willofthewisp
Yeah, surpassing the Jr and moving onto IIIs is just not my thing. Wouldn't you like to see a movie described this way:

From the sex that was shared by Captain William Turner and Captain Elizabeth Turner-Swann comes...

Pasquale Turner!

He may look 10 years old, but he packs a punch! With his parents and parents' friends slowly fading into the background, a new hero emerges to defend pirates everywhere. Joined by craggy Captain Teague and Hank the Platypus, Pasquale must join forces with the shady Marsh-people to recover his little girlfriend LaFonda. Action! Romance! Comedy! And maybe a snippet or two of Jack Sparrow.

IheartPocky
LaFonda! lol

Minie Mina
I thought this was a rant thread. Not questions to be answered by Surreal.

So let us rant, damnit! big grin

Surreal_44
Is it a rant thread? I thought that people were just asking questions, and I was trying to be helpful.

ETA: Besides, seeing as these questions have been ranted about in lots of other places, I took this thread as a sign that people wanted to discuss the film. stick out tongue

siriuswriter
1. WHY THE CRABS DID THEY KILL OFF NORRIE?!?!

2. I like the first multiple Jack, but the second and third were going a bit too far...

3. No resolution for Sparrabethers. I'm a Willabether, but it was as if the kiss didn't even happen. Okay, there were like three seconds were Elizabeth almost kissed Jack and he was like "Nah don't do that..." but we didn't get any denemouet from their relationship at all. It was like "lust lust lust lust" to "oh wait we're just very good friends saavy?" Unrealistic.

ps Surreal: I think it's a rant thread. sailorleo said that in the first post? Ah well. smile

willofthewisp
I think anyone can speak their mind on this thread, mina. People can complain and offer points, and people can counterpoint. We welcome everyone's opinion and this is a place for minor complaints, quibbles, presumed plotholes, missed opportunities, major complaints, questions, points of confusion, controversies, and a partridge in a pear tree. Who knows? If people answer questions that are asked, other people may not have that same complaint anymore.

ivebeendepped43
i have one!

WHY WASNT JOHNNY SHIRTLESS THE WHOLE DANG MOVIE?!

Minie Mina
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I think anyone can speak their mind on this thread, mina. People can complain and offer points, and people can counterpoint. We welcome everyone's opinion and this is a place for minor complaints, quibbles, presumed plotholes, missed opportunities, major complaints, questions, points of confusion, controversies, and a partridge in a pear tree. Who knows? If people answer questions that are asked, other people may not have that same complaint anymore.

Willo, that's very kind of you to explain.

I know about rights and I know the whole constitution *raises flag* and the whole freedom of speech.

I just want to rant. I feel like letting it all out. I don't want some one answering them as if this was a game of Jeoprady.

IheartPocky
Oh I have something to say:

WHO THE HECK CAME UP WITH THE GIANT CALYPSO?????

And isn't a "goddess" supposed to be beautiful?

Minie Mina
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Oh I have something to say:

WHO THE HECK CAME UP WITH THE GIANT CALYPSO?????

And isn't a "goddess" supposed to be beautiful?

*Stands up and applause*

What the heck?

Green Giant, any one?

IheartPocky
Green beans pfft I want pirates not vegetables..

Minie Mina
HA!

I want waffles not fruit cake big grin

ivebeendepped43
^^lmfao!!! but still, why wasnt Johnny shirtless the whole movie?! gah!

Minie Mina
Ha!

Well, you know, he had to wear a shirt to protect his nipples big grin

ivebeendepped43
lol!!!!

IheartPocky
And it can get chilly in the caribbean you know..

Minie Mina
And it can get chilly in the caribbean you know..

LMAO

Could've poked some one's eye out smile

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Surreal_44

No, I'm not going to be a godmother, but I'm happy for my friend. I think it's going to be a boy, so we shall see. big grin

congratulate her for me.. big grin

lovethemtigers
hey...if this is a rant thread..then i'm all for it...i feel totally frustrated after seeing the movie yesterday, finally.......

Yes...and i'm with Mina...i just kind of want to get everything off my chest....

like....I just don't understand why AWE went on as if nothing ever happened between Jack and Liz.....and I'm not just talking about the kiss...what about that bloooming Curiosity Conversation...

I don't like that Norrington was Killed...he just seemed "different" in this movie, it was almost as if he wasn't even Norrington...so little screen time.....

I wanted to have the discussion between Jack and Beckett...where Jack mentions about people aren't cargo...that was totally cut....it would have shown more depth to Jack's character....
I wanted to know why Beckett marked Jack and what and why Jack marked Beckett...that was totally left unadressed and unanswered....

I found Bootstrap to be really bizarre in this movie.....I wanted to see something between him, Jack and Will....since he and Jack were suppose to be such good friends.....

I just found the overall movie just did not flow all that well for me...I don't get why Calypso/Tia Dalma was so willing to bring Witty Jack back...and yet seemed to be of no help to them...she was alot more mysterious and powerful in DMC.....

And yes Beckett did seem heavier in his face...and that other guy ....i can't think of his name...but the one from POTC that says "Now, that's got to be the best Pirate I have ever seen" and then in this one he says "do you think he plans it all or just makes it up as he goes along"..with admiration for Jack...he was heavier in this one.....

I was disappointed in Sao Feng's Role...i just thought he was going to be more prominent and he really wasn't...i hated the scene with him and liz...what was the point of that.....now i have fantazised about a similar scene..but in my fantasies Jack busted in and rescues Elizabeth.....

I hated the wedding vows..just simply hated it...it was funny, corny....i just didn't like it...but that's just me......

I liked how they played out the final scene where Will is stabbed and Jack sacrifices his own mortality for Will's..and he sweeps Elizabeth away so she won't have to witness Will's heart being carved out.....

But I could have sworn in the first Movie...Barboosa tells Liz that as an immortal...trapped between the living and the dead...one cannot enjoy the touch and love of a woman.....so how is Will able to do it???? See, things just don't add up in these movies...

I just thought overall...that AWE was one big mess...the only things I enjoyed ...was Jack...but as much as I love Johnny...i was a little uncomfortable with him licking everything...and that may be because I was sitting next to my husband and he is very conscious of my crush I have on Johnny...i really need to see it by myself......without worrying about what my husband is thinking...I couldn't even enjoy the shirtless Johnnies....

And I thought it more barbaric that they had Jack stab "good" Jack instead of shooting him....and I hate that they took out "my soul I do swear for a ....kiss"......but Johnny is the one who took that out....maybe as to not confuse his fans since he knew it wasn't going to end Sparrabeth...it would make Jack seems even more a victim of unrequited love......

I hated that in the end his compass pointed to the bottle of rum....so, his compass didn't work all through the other movies...and now it finally works... i guess cuz Elizabeth is married and there is no more chance of them being together....

Ah, and I hate that they left out the part where Beckett say Jack was going to sail off on the Pearl with Elizabeth in his arms......for months i was so aticipating that exchange..and got nothing......

So these are many of the reasons and there are many more...as to why I feel just an empty void after seeing this movie finally....

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by Minie Mina
LMAO

Could've poked some one's eye out smile or temporarily blinded them...

~dorkerina~
reason 52 (lol)

no bapple moments. GRRR stick out tongue

ivebeendepped43
bapple!!! nice!! ANOTHER SHIP!!!

potcfan2003
omg u guys r confusing!! when did the sword save Liz? I am tottally clueless...

Minie Mina
Wait, now you're confusing me.

Who said that?

ivebeendepped43
i was about to say that!

potcfan2003
great minds think alike...

ivebeendepped43
but better minds post first. so Chiki is better than me this time...

potcfan2003
o hang on.. i just read mina's post... um it was like way back somewhere on the first or second page of the thread. i was asking surreal bc they said something about the sword that Will made for norrington saving Liz and stabbing Will or something... idk

willofthewisp
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XGVfZCvZe0I

This video is long, but it's beautiful and near the end shows Will's (spoiler), uh, "dramatic scene that leads to him getting a scar."

IheartPocky
sad all these sparrabeth videos make me want to cry now. It's not just videos of them flirting with love songs anymore.. it's about a relationship that didn't work out and ... *sniffle*

sailorleo
yeah i can't wait to get awe clips so i can redo a currently popular norrie vid of mine.

Minie Mina
Damn.

*Bites her shoe*

willofthewisp
Bites shoe? You can always tweak the clips so they can go out of order and tell their own story.

ivebeendepped43
why did you bite your shoe?

JaehSkywalker
see.. there are many sparrabethers around the world.. wink

I want to see norribeth too though! can't wait to see yours sailor!

ivebeendepped43
je t'aime NORRIBETH!!!

JaehSkywalker
this is why the neutral ship is the best lol.

Minie Mina
I'm biting my shoe because I'm anxious. My grades, and now my doctor's appointment.

I have a feeling this week will be....not too happy.

JaehSkywalker
why are ya goin to the doctors mina?

JaehSkywalker
never mind. >.<

sailorleo
don't worry, my ships rocking out loud big grin

JaehSkywalker
on top, i actually like Sparrabeth and Norribeth better than Willabeth. but that's just me.

Willabeth is not that bad though.. hmm

calypso
Or...
John Depp (father)
Johnny Depp (any question here)
Jack Depp (JD son)

William Turner (Bootstrap)
Will Turner (guess who)
Billy Turner (!!!!!)

JaehSkywalker
billy?

i remember Larry.. laughing out loud

anyone knows who larry is? laughing out loud

Emma718
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XGVfZCvZe0I

This video is long, but it's beautiful and near the end shows Will's (spoiler), uh, "dramatic scene that leads to him getting a scar."

awww

JaehSkywalker
I don't think i could see that video when he... you know.

I can't take Jack and Lizzie's reaction.. sad

Surreal_44
Jack and Lizzie's reactions??? What about poor Will? Poor thing tries to pull the sword out but can't, he tries to speak to Elizabeth but he can't...I think the sword pierced his lung and then his heart, so he's probably drowning in his own blood. Orlando played the death scene quite well, what with the terror on his face, the way his lashes kept fluttering...

If you've ever seen someone die, you'll know he did a fair job of imitating it. I was too stunned the first time I saw the movie to cry, but now I get tears during that scene...hell, I get tears just thinking about that scene. Every single one of the trio did a fantastic job with that scene.

lovethemtigers
you know i honestly thought i was going to cry but I didn't...not one single tear....i just felt empty when the movie is over...and what's sad for me...is I couldn't wait for this movie to come out...for 10 months looking at and discussing clues, theories and spoilers...and to what point and purpose....i probably wont see the movie again until i get it on DVD...i was very disappointed in the movie..and not because it ended Willabeth...i'm like Kate..I could have handled it if it was done with taste and all of our questions answered and explained..but they weren't.....

I have no burning desire to rush out and see it again...and last summer every day i was looking for an excuse to see DMC and would watch POTC every night at home..

Surreal_44
Well, what specifically did you not like about the film, aside from Will and Elizabeth being married?

lovethemtigers
well, for starters......nah....I wont' get into it....i just felt over all the movie was one big mess.....I didn't get the whole Tia Dalma thing...i don't exactly know what she was sooo determined to bring back Witty Jack...and never mind...you won't understand...

Surreal_44
I don't think you give me enough credit, my dear. Now that I've ranted and released my anger, I can be totally honest and tell you that I'm a closet Sparrabether. Well, CotBP Sparrabether. I didn't really enjoy DMC Sparrabeth very much at all.

At any rate, I can explain why Tia needed Jack back...do you want to start a new thread or have me attempt to explain here, or PM you?

lovethemtigers
yeah...start a new thread....Why does Tia need Jack...and she was quite pleased with her crabs..the crabs helped Jack get the pearl moving...what was it all about?

lovethemtigers
Wait i'll start it...

~dorkerina~
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
billy?

i remember Larry.. laughing out loud

anyone knows who larry is? laughing out loud

He's the sailor with no arms and one and a half eyes jack once sailed with! ^_^

Originally posted by sailorleo
yeah i can't wait to get awe clips so i can redo a currently popular norrie vid of mine.

can you post a link, I want to see!!! eek!

JaehSkywalker
I know, was just checking if people remember him... laughing out loud

Surreal, so true. Orli did do a pretty good job. and of course i'm also sad for him! I was shocked even though i knew it was gonna happen, and i felt like i'm the one being stabbed and it dawned on me.. and will too maybe.. that they'd never get to see each other again.. him and liz.. it was heartbreaking.

somehow, me too was dissapointed in the movie. There's something that's missing. maybe its all those sparrabeth shots, because i didn't really know what happened. the romance just go cut off, and i don't think that's right. maybe they could have shown jack and liz talking about it and decided they're not meant for each other or something like that.. something like they'd fight.. anything!

I was also a sparrabether once, but AWE kinda changed me and made me a neutral.. uh.. can't think of anything witty, but I'm now a Neutral shipper.

Surreal_44
Yeah, but Sparrabeth died along with Jack. It IS explained; Jack is not interested in Lizzie anymore, at least not romantically. He made that abundantly clear when he threatened (and was going to) leave her in the Locker along with Will, Barbossa and Pintel and Ragetti.

That's the closure right there. And since we find out Liz was not really ever in love with Jack (her conversation with Will), it would have been pointless to hash out everything in a discussion that probably would not have led to any real sense of closure anyway.

This is not an anti-Sparrabeth comment, by the way. It's just that I'm looking at the bigger picture, and the bigger picture simply doesn't allow any of the characters time to have deep, heart-to-heart conversations about romance/relationships, because there are bigger problems in the film besides who Liz loves or doesn't love.

JaehSkywalker
well, yes, but i would rather have him and liz talk about it, maybe flirt with each other a little *giggles*. But on the serious note, yes, i'd want a little romance between them, but they'll show its regression to being friends again. maybe even closer, but not more than friends.

that, i would accept, rather than the light suddenly blinking out.

Surreal_44
I understand what you're saying, but you're speaking from a fanon point of view rather than from a logical story-telling point of view. Logically, having someone kill you would ruin the romance.

That is exactly what happened in the film. There is no reason for continued flirting throughout most of the film. The resolution isn't what you might want, but it's there. There is no more Sparrabeth. stick out tongue It's abit of a bummer, but again, it's the most logical way for Jack to behave considering all that he's been through.

JaehSkywalker
Well, yes, you're right.

But still, this thread is something we could rant in, couldn't we? wink

It's still a bummer though.

But hey... we could always explore it through fan fics... wink

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
well, for starters......nah....I wont' get into it....i just felt over all the movie was one big mess.....I didn't get the whole Tia Dalma thing...i don't exactly know what she was sooo determined to bring back Witty Jack...and never mind...you won't understand... im sorry ltt!!!

JaehSkywalker
what i really didn't get is when she turned into calypso.

She became very big and turned into millions of crabs. I mean, What the bloody hell is that about?

ivebeendepped43
^^THAT i dont get!

JaehSkywalker
good that someone agrees with me! big grin

ivebeendepped43
oh im sure a lot of ppl agree!

JaehSkywalker
great!

now let's start a protest on wordplayer!!!

kiddin'.. wink

ivebeendepped43
lol!!!

IheartPocky
i say we do. i demand a reshoot for that scene.

It's a pirate movie! let's be pirates!!!!

ivebeendepped43
YES PLEASE DO!!!!

JaehSkywalker
yeah! let's!

but.. i dun wanna get banned from wordplayer.. sad

IheartPocky
and i don't want to get on my favorite writers' bad side hahahahah

JaehSkywalker
lol yeah..

ivebeendepped43
and i don't want to get on my favorite writers' bad side hahahahah true!! so lets not do that...

JaehSkywalker
yep.. laughing out loud

Surreal_44
I admit I was expecting something more than a giant (fake-looking) Tia Dalma when they released Calypso. I did enjoy the scary explosion of crabs though, and Will's line right after, because it completely mirrors what the audience is thinking. big grin

willofthewisp
What is his line right afterward? Is it something like "wtf?" I had this beautiful image of her slowly becoming translucent and ascending into a rainy sky where she would look like rain and she would form a mist over the ship and she would start the whirlpool.

But giant crab woman is, uh, fine.....cough, cough.

JaehSkywalker
he said i think... 'That was it?'

ivebeendepped43
What is his line right afterward? Is it something like "wtf?" I had this beautiful image of her slowly becoming translucent and ascending into a rainy sky where she would look like rain and she would form a mist over the ship and she would start the whirlpool.

But giant crab woman is, uh, fine.....cough, cough. i pictured something like that. Something a little more graceful than turining into 50 million crabs....

JaehSkywalker
yes. at least we all agree on something.

now let's go attack tandt for this!

JUST KIDDING!

ivebeendepped43
lol!! dude, we would like, get sued 4 that!

JaehSkywalker
note the JUST KIDDING in capital letter.. wink

aw, mate, i need to go to bed, 11 pm here. g'night mates, see you again tomorrow. smile

ivebeendepped43
wow!! its 8 am here...

JaehSkywalker
I know. dang, i bloody really need to go.

g'night, and don't let the rum run out, and force be with ye all mates wink

~dorkerina~
I guess a goddess scorned wouldn't necessarily do something beautiful but get angry. And do something intimidating.....like get 20 feet tall... then engulf/barrage her enemies with a but load of crabs... that were formerly her......blink

They probably just ran out of budget.....

Gah, who am I kidding, there's no sense to be made of it! ninja
laughing

Jaeh_JediPirate
yay I'm back lol.

I'm protesting about the Calupso scene, and the too long credits that's why i didn't get to see the last part! cry

potcfan2003
The crabs were interesting, tho not expected. MOST DEFINATELY WEIRD tho. but i think that maybe it was to show that the crabs in DJ's locker were Calypso's... tho i think they should have done something bigger than a gazillion crabs...

Jaeh_JediPirate
well.. the crab scene is yeah, most definitely weird.

yeah, you're right, something bigger.

potcfan2003
i thoght that calypso was going to like destroy everything or that she would at least promise to be back or something.

willofthewisp
Her transformation, in addition to being just weird, is also kind of anticlimactic. That's it? That says it all right there.

lovethemtigers
yes...the part of Calypso and tia Dalhma was very over-rated....the actress that plays her talked about what a big role she was going to have and how dramatically she leaves in AWE...and I was jsut like "so, that was it...what in the world was that all about"......I didn't like her part at all...it could have been so much better...it was "too" supernatural....

IheartPocky
i agree!!!! Hated that part..

willofthewisp
"yes...the part of Calypso and tia Dalhma was very over-rated....the actress that plays her talked about what a big role she was going to have and how dramatically she leaves in AWE...and I was jsut like "so, that was it...what in the world was that all about"......I didn't like her part at all...it could have been so much better...it was "too" supernatural...."---------lovethemtigers

When you said she talked about how big her role was, I started laughing. It was pretty "big" wasn't it? ha ha ha ha ha, I'll shut up now. I'm sure as an actress she was happy getting her part expanded and getting such a unique role, but yeah, it was "big."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.