Tom Clancy's War End

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
Damn this looks amazing! It looks and seems like no Tom Clancy game (where you are usually given a small team to take out key points and people), now it looks like it is a free for all, it is you alone. I downloaded the trailer from the Xbox Live Marketplace and was blown away.

Basically, the world has made shields that can protect against nuclear assaults and is supposed to bring an age of peace, but then...World War 3. The Soviets are taking Europe and the trailer shows them taking France and the Americans (I am assuming) are saying in the background that if they take France, then all of Europe will fall. It just looks amazing!

Website announcing it:

http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=4530

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlzfPt-R-q8

nutsnuts

This looks AWESOME!!!!

Bruce Leeroy
So.. the fate of the world rests on France?

Well, we're f*cked.

General G
laughing out loud

More here:

Apparently it will be a RTS game with smaller scale battles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_EndWar

Bruce Leeroy
The game looks pretty awsome, to say the least.

J-Beowulf
EndWar*

And yes, the game looks nasty awesome.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
So.. the fate of the world rests on France?

Well, we're f*cked.

It has, twice.

And I think the world turned out alright.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by General G
Damn this looks amazing! It looks and seems like no Tom Clancy game (where you are usually given a small team to take out key points and people), now it looks like it is a free for all, it is you alone. I downloaded the trailer from the Xbox Live Marketplace and was blown away.

Basically, the world has made shields that can protect against nuclear assaults and is supposed to bring an age of peace, but then...World War 3. The Soviets are taking Europe and the trailer shows them taking France and the Americans (I am assuming) are saying in the background that if they take France, then all of Europe will fall. It just looks amazing!

Website announcing it:

http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=4530

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlzfPt-R-q8

nutsnuts

This looks AWESOME!!!!

Can't really base a game (an RTS for that matter) on some CGI cutscene. It looks good but let's see some gameplay!

Originally posted by Smasandian
It has, twice.

People really undermind France. Sure they got pwned in WW2 but Nazi Germany but...

Bruce Leeroy
It has, twice.

How so?

it was a joke, man. I have no problem with France, personally.

Smasandian
I meant as like, the fate of the world rested on the country of France ( the actual earth).

General G
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Can't really base a game (an RTS for that matter) on some CGI cutscene. It looks good but let's see some gameplay!

That's true, but damn it looks too good not to get excited!

Smasandian
Yeah,

You can also use voice commands to play the game. I dont know how good it will work though.

General G
I know, especially because most people won't want to use their microphones when playing offline in the campaign.

Smasandian
I dont know, people are lazy.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
it was a joke, man. I have no problem with France, personally.

I know so was mine. roll eyes (sarcastic) You must be French. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah,

You can also use voice commands to play the game. I dont know how good it will work though.

PSP had a game that used voice command that SUCKED!!

General G
They will probably make it just an optional thing.

Smasandian
It is.

Zen2nd
Who thinks the commander looks an awful lot like Ed Harris?

Schecter
rts games, as i have recently learned, are a pain in the ass using a console controller. i'll probably pass on this one.

General G
I will most likely rent it or download the demo, mainly because I have never payed an RTS on a console.

Morridini
This seems very interesting, any news on when the PC version will come?

General G
It may not be for the PC, it says just the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Spidervlad
I'll tell you all I know about the game, since I am subscribed to ALOT of magizines, like 10.

First of all, you know the background of the game with all the nuclear missile grid, but you don't know that Europe and America joined together to make the grid, while Russia was left out in the cold. Stubbornly, Russia began accelerating all their technology, and soon they had one up as well.

Then, Gas prices went up by 600% in all Countries, except Russia which held the biggest amount of gas in the world. Russia gets a gigantic profit from the disaster.

America builds a space station to send into the Earth, with both military reasons and spying reasons. At the time when the Space station is about to be sent, Russia attacks America.

Now, more about the game itself. It will mostly be a Multiplayer game. A Massive Multiplayer RTS. The whole Multipayer will be sent around the globe, with ALOT of sections divided into it as territory. You will pick a faction and then help all the teammates online to defend your terriory, or to attack. This is what I read in EGM, and I'm not really sure how it's possible for this to be, since you'll need a heck lot of territories for thousands of people to play on, but I think there will be either be seperate servers, or just a hell lot of places to fight in.

Another thing to say is that your view of the battleground comes FROM the soldier you choose to look at. Meaning, you'll look at the battleground through the soldier's eyes. You won't be given a God view of the whole battleground like in all RTS's before.

The main goal of the producer of the game was that nothing happened out of nothing. So that units won't just come out of anywhere. When you call reinforcements with a squad of riflemen, a helicopter will have to get them to the spot, and then they will quick rope down.

Well, if I find anymore information I'll tell you!

General G
Awesome, but does that mean you won't be able to lpay this offline, like in a single player campaign mode? If you can't, then odds are, I won't get it. I mainly buy games for their campaign.

Smasandian
Probalby.

I cant see this game not having an SP campaign.

General G
Good.

Morridini
Gameplay was finally revealed for the first time: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32022.html

If you just ignore the annoying frag dolls the video isn't that bad. But since this was more like a teaser I'll have to wait to make up my mind, but I liked what I saw.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah so did I.

But the game looks like it's centered more toward the voice commands where as the controller is a "just in case" thing.

Smasandian
Meh, might be cool.

It's a cross between World In Conflict and Company Of Heroes.

The way you use your viewpoint is bang on the same as World In Conflict.

If there isnt any resource management, reforcement points, and points to use for airstrikes and artillary than it will be World In Conflict.

The voice thing is pretty cool actually, but I wouldnt use it. I dont want to talk into my mike to move people on screen. Doesnt seem fun, but thats just me because I can see some people liking that.

Morridini
So I tried the demo, or I've only done the voice calibration so far. And all in all I think it might work, took me some time to actually get to do what I wanted it to do (silly Norwegian accent when speaking English). Some of them were just weird.

I said "WMD Zulu", it read "WMD Lima"
I said "Unit 2 move to Bravo", it read "Unit 2 Attack Bravo"
I said "Unit 2 move to Bravo", it read "Unit 2 Retreat"
getting annoyed I tried to change the tone of my voice.
I said "Unit 2 move to Bravo", it read "Unit 8 Attack Bravo"

then after that I just started speaking a lot louder (must have sounded silly for people next door) and it finally understood me. WIll try the game itself later.

General G
There's a demo?? :s
I'll have to download it.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
EndWar*

And yes, the game looks nasty awesome.
thank you for pointing that out, i thought no one else noticed.

Morridini
GT gave them a pretty good review: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42331.html
Not surprised it got a good rating after having played the demo, yet I didn't expect a 9.

braveheart
i think COD world at war is better

Morridini
Well I don't see any reason to compare, to quite different genres.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.