Batman vs Nightwing (@20!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Bruce Wayne when he was 20 years old vs Dick Grayson at the same age.
No prep, no gear, fight takes place in an empty field just north of Xavier's school for gifted youngsters, in the 616 universe. No outside influences.

Who wins?

TheGame17
when batman was 20 he was still learning while nightwing was taught by a batman that knew everything. i give this to nightwing.

yer
Bruce was still in training at 20 so that means that while he does have some of his skills he has no real experience as Batman yet while Dick has had what is it 8 years in current continuity worth of experience. Im gonna have to go with Nightwing

spetznaz
Batman at 20 wouldn't have a chance.

TricksterPriest
Would Batman at 25 or 28 be able to win?

Redatom65
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Would Batman at 25 or 28 be able to win?

Trick with the absurd cquestions..... shifty

spetznaz
Just got linked to this thread from another one, and while I still agree with what i said 6 months ago (Bruce would not win) let me qualify the answer.

While Bruce was supremely trained (and even at 20 he knew styles that to thsi day Dick hasn't heard of), he lacked the experience, he lacked the confidence, and he lacked the fluidity. While he could easily take down a skilled martial arts exponent, he did not as of yet have the confidence (more confidence and experience than skill) to take down a crowd of people.

Dick at 20 was doing all that and more .....even as a teen Dick was doing all sorts of crazy stuff.

At 20 Dick had a lot more experience than Bruce had at the same age, even though Bruce had more exposure to all sorts of exotic martial arts skills.

It is the difference between a combat surgeon who has done 200 operations in the battle-field, versus a student who has studied everything from neurosurgery to acupuncture, and gets straight As, but has not as of yet done even one practical medical operation.

Dick at 20 is the combat surgeon ....Bruce is the star student.

Darth Martin
Also to add on to that let's not forget Bruce was kicking down trees with chi around this time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.