If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I doubt it, but you'll never know.

The inevitable bummer is that even if the movie is really good, the public will still probably reject it as a "stupid Lucas and Speilberg cash in movie"

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
The inevitable bummer is that even if the movie is really good, the public will still probably reject it as a "stupid Lucas and Speilberg cash in movie"

I dont think the movie would be rejected even if it were a bad movie. People love Indiana Jones, People love speilberg and Lucas. A bomb in Steven spielbergs world is still a blockbuster hit. War of the worlds did well under expected, but it still grossed over 240 million. I Think this movie has a very good chance at being just as good as the last two sequals in the series. Spielberg and Lucas have been working on this idea for years now. Where most other directors would have abadoned a project after its 10th re write and fifth writer, these two just worked harder. Though, i think Spielberg has become overated as of late, and i think Lucas is nothing more than a marketing whore, They have proven that they can make cinematic gold when they take their time with a project. I think their skepticism towards this project says alot about what it is that will be the final project

As for more sequals, Unless The daughter of in the movie attracts more of a draw the harrison ford did as indy, I think this will be it for the series most definitely. You catn name a movie Indiana Jones and not have Indiana jones in it. Maybe a sequal would be called Sarah Jones, the daughter of Indiana Jones laughing out loud

Versyn Gaul
You also have to take into account age and frame of mind. I was 11/12 when i saw Raiders of the lost Ark There is no way to recapture that magic of youth. It will never be as good.

The Hawk
^^ Agreed. Too much time has gone by IMO.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Versyn Gaul
You also have to take into account age and frame of mind. I was 11/12 when i saw Raiders of the lost Ark There is no way to recapture that magic of youth. It will never be as good.

Star wars. big grin

zombieman
I don't think they will make any more no matter how the movie fares. Just look how long it took them to get this one off the ground. Harrison Ford will likely be a dribbling wreck in a nursing home somewhere by the time they get round to Indy 5.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by zombieman
. Harrison Ford will likely be a dribbling wreck in a nursing home somewhere by the time they get round to Indy 5.

Thats the one im looking forward for, The one where micheal J fox becomes his guide along the grand canyon. Marty, Is pushing indy in the wheelchair down the grand canyon. They have to make it to the bottom alive so they can stop the aliens from stealing Excalibur, which belongs in a museum. As marty, begins to shake uncontrollably his grip begins to weaken on indys chair and the ground is giing way,,, Suspense up the ass hole right there folks. Stephen, call me...we can do business

Kazenji
Its possible if it does turn out good mght end up like the bond franchise and hopefully no bad ones along the way.

ragesRemorse
I dont know about that. Indiana has been established to a certain era, and to a single man with an already established past. This character has been breathed to life by harrison ford. Indiana will always be associated with harrison and no one else

exanda kane
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Thats the one im looking forward for, The one where micheal J fox becomes his guide along the grand canyon. Marty, Is pushing indy in the wheelchair down the grand canyon. They have to make it to the bottom alive so they can stop the aliens from stealing Excalibur, which belongs in a museum. As marty, begins to shake uncontrollably his grip begins to weaken on indys chair and the ground is giing way,,, Suspense up the ass hole right there folks. Stephen, call me...we can do business

eek!

Discos
nah there won't be a 5th, I think we are in the stage of the Movie World where they are digging into the classic movies and making more of them, Die Hard, Rambo for example.

This is going to be a fan-pleaser for the fans who love the indie movies and demand more.

zombieman
Like the Star Wars prequels, I think this will be entertaining and watchable; but critically, a bad movie.

Smasandian
The difference between movies that are just sequels to forgotten movies is that they dont have Spielberg directing it.

They wont make an 5th, but just because this is the 4th movie doesnt meant this wont be good.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Smasandian
The difference between movies that are just sequels to forgotten movies is that they dont have Spielberg directing it.

They wont make an 5th, but just because this is the 4th movie doesnt meant this wont be good.

yeah, 3 was far and away better than 2

WrathfulDwarf
They might re-launch the Young Indiana Jones series.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
They might re-launch the Young Indiana Jones series. Or they might be grooming Shia LaBeouf's character to take over the series.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Or they might be grooming Shia LaBeouf's character to take over the series.

I hope I'm wrong in hindsight, but I really do not want that to happen.

amity75
The amazing thing is that right now, somewhere in America, Harrison Ford is dressed as Indiana Jones and they're filming a new Indy movie. That puts gossebumps on my arms.

Smasandian
They're filming in the States?

I would think they would be filming somewhere else, like Central America or something?

What is the story for this film?

zombieman
Nothing has been confirmed, they're keeping it all under wraps.

Mr Parker

as they should.I have totally lost all my respect for Harrison Ford.He lost his credibility with his fans when he was being interviewed and they asked him if he would ever consider doing Han solo again.He said no because he is too old to play the character now.Yet somehow he doesnt think he is too old to play Indiana Jones now? what kind of stupid logic is that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

as far as the original question goes for the thread,I disagree,they were jerks enough to go for money by making another one so if it does well at the box office count on Harrison ford being a jerk again and doing another one.they all wont be able to resist the green bucks.

Grinning Goku

Mmmm...Harrison Ford's soon to be 65 year old man titties. droolio droolio

Barker
Where'd this forum come from.. or was it always here? srug

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Barker
Where'd this forum come from.. or was it always here? srug

Good question, Barker. Very good question.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Barker
Where'd this forum come from.. or was it always here? srug Raz just made it.

Barker
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Good question, Barker. Very good question.
Get off my case, buzzard face. haermm
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Raz just made it.
Oh.

Ahnold
I know - isn't it great? The Indy forum is finally here! Woohoo big grin !!!

And in answer to the central question posed by this thread ... whilst I would love there to be more "Indiana Jones" adventures, I am sadly resigned to the fact that Indy IV will, in all likelihood, be the last; to be perfectly honest, I'm just happy that *this* film is finally going ahead after all its years in Development Hell ...

As other posters in this thread have said, the "Indiana Jones" franchise will *always* be indeliably associated with Harrison Ford, and he's already pushing things, age-wise, with Indy IV. I say, make this film like "Rocky Balboa" - a triumphant and fitting conclusion to a legendary saga.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I honestly hope not. The previous movies were good, but even if this one works, I hope they don't make another one.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Hawk
^^ Agreed. Too much time has gone by IMO.

agreed as well.

Jaeh_JediPirate
Originally posted by Mr Parker
as they should.I have totally lost all my respect for Harrison Ford.He lost his credibility with his fans when he was being interviewed and they asked him if he would ever consider doing Han solo again.He said no because he is too old to play the character now.Yet somehow he doesnt think he is too old to play Indiana Jones now? what kind of stupid logic is that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

as far as the original question goes for the thread,I disagree,they were jerks enough to go for money by making another one so if it does well at the box office count on Harrison ford being a jerk again and doing another one.they all wont be able to resist the green bucks.

so true. knowing George's seemingly itch for money, he'd probably go for it.

about harri's refusal, didn't lose my respect, but was kinda irritated and bummed. but the rest of what you said is totally true.

PiruBlood
i hope not. i love the trilogy and kinda feel iffy about a fourth but hey they did good with rocky so anything can win or lose. but a indy 5 i say no and this is speaking as a indy fan.

Ahnold
IMHO, the only way that an "Indiana Jones 5" would work is if it went into production very soon after the release of Indy IV (say, 2 or 3 years later), and once again had the 'dream team' behind it of Ford, Spielberg, and Lucas. However, this possibility is probably extremely remote; I mean, just look at how long it took them to get "4" off of the ground! Sadly, I am almost certain that Indy IV will be the last "Indiana Jones" film; in any case, though, if the filmakers do manage to go out on a high, then they really should leave the franchise at that.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Ahnold
" film; in any case, though, if the filmakers do manage to go out on a high, then they really should leave the franchise at that.

Lets hope that The last Crusade isnt the high.

Ahnold
I'm really hoping that "Indy IV" will allow the franchise to go out on a high!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by PiruBlood
i hope not. i love the trilogy and kinda feel iffy about a fourth but hey they did good with rocky so anything can win or lose. but a indy 5 i say no and this is speaking as a indy fan.

Rocky 4 was pure crap.Heck That one was even more horribly written than Rocky 5.That movie franchise should have ended as a trilogy.May Stallone Burn in hell for not ending at at Rocky 3. mad

Ahnold
"Rocky Balboa" was pretty good, though; a fitting conclusion to the series, IMHO.

And I guess that opinion will always be divided over "Rocky" III and IV ...

Mr Parker
I saw a pic of Ford on the set in like USA TODAY or something like that the other day and it showed him as an old grey haired man doing the INDY thing.I thought he would at least dye his hair.again I have definetly lost all my respect for Harrison Ford I used to have.I never had anything against him making another Indy film,just the timing of it is inappropriate being so long ago and everything since he has gotten so much older now.Like arnold said.too much time has passed. His logic is so stupid.He says he would never do Han solo again if Lucas made another trilogy of star wars films showing what the characters did afterwards because he is too old to play the character now.yet somehow he thinks he is not too old to do Indiana Jones again? yeah right,whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic)too much time has passed since th last Indy movie.I think I will skip this one.

DarthLazious
I guess one more wouldn't hurt but I hope it doesn't suck.

WrathfulDwarf
I still think the Young Indiana Jones will be brought back...the franchise we'll get a good boost after the movie.

Look at all the negativity for the Transformers and The Simpsons and they still manage to pull good scores.

Indy will be safe for next year.

DC BrDr10
Shia LaBeouf....
he is going to carry the series for another 3 movies
he is a great actor, who can pull pretty much anything off
he and Harrison frames are only different byy a few inches, they have the same kind of smart allick, get under your skin deminor

Carloali
Considering the huge media fuzz around it even before any knowledge about the movie, I think it will be a hit.

bob_fm
I don't think so. In fact I think they should have made this one sooner.

=Tired Hiker=
I bet it will do well and that it will actually be good. I also expect that Harrison Ford won't get as much screen time as the other Indy films; I have a feeling with Shia LeBouf on board as his son, a lot of the focus will be on him as far as the heavy action goes (just a feeling). This could be a vehicle to pass the torch to Shia who will continue the franchise's future films. Don't get me wrong, I think Ford will still be the main character, just not the main focus, but one of the main focuses, or 'foci' if there is such a word.

OB1-adobe
Part of me hopes they make 2 more.

I guess I always figured Star wars and Indiana jones belong together.

I think Indy deserves another trilogy

Endrict Nuul
Most likely with Mutt as the main character and Jones as the supporter/father kinda like part 3.

Admiral Akbar
lol..an Indy film with Indy as a support character? Count me out.

exanda kane
I'm not dismissive enough to disregard that angle. Count me in!

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by exanda kane
I'm not dismissive enough to disregard that angle. Count me in!

Yeah, I know it's still an Indy movie. But if they're going to use him as a support character in an Indiana Jones movie which is "supposed" to be about Indiana Jones not Mutt then I see no reason to bother watching it. I watch Indy because of Indy, not because of his adventures, or the people he's with, although those are a plus.

exanda kane
I like for the enjoyable formula. Of course, without the titular figure of Ford it would never have kicked off, but if the formula is still there - MacGuffin's, set pieces, pantomime villains, tongue-in-cheek humour - ready to thrive when another watchable, likable everyman (like the one I hope LeBouf will turn out to be) is in his boots.

Course, calling it "Indiana Jones and the Younger, Hipper Son" isn't a good idea, but the iconic name is only an aesthetic element that can be changed.

Spartan005
In all honesty I think Ford should call it quits after this one. I mean he's already 65 and by the time the next movie finishes, we would have a near 70 year old Indy. Most of the reviews said that Shia did a good job, so maybe making a spin off movie or two wouldn't be a terrible idea

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Spartan005
In all honesty I think Ford should call it quits after this one. I mean he's already 65 and by the time the next movie finishes, we would have a near 70 year old Indy. Most of the reviews said that Shia did a good job, so maybe making a spin off movie or two wouldn't be a terrible idea

That's the idea and he would be a supporting character that pops up here and there as the father figure almost. It will probably be a different title also.

Stun
wow, never have i seen so many in the Indy forumsstick out tongue i hope Spielburg rejects Lucas' idea however. Go ahead and make it into TV - i wont like it, just as long as it's not part of the actual franchise.

i want Indiana Jones 5, not Mutt Williams 1! laughing out loud

exanda kane
Originally posted by Stun
i want Indiana Jones 5, not Mutt Williams 1! laughing out loud

I have no problem with it, bar anything titled Mutt Williams/Ravenhood/MaybeJones.

Endrict Nuul
I just saw it and I won't spoil it for anyone. But I did really enjoy it except the CGI parts. Kinda I guess because I am old school Indy fan.

Endrict Nuul
Mutt will have his own films after Indy 4.

queeq
Hope not.

Stun
Now, star wars was the type of film that could expand into popular culture through books, TV, Games, Toys, etc - and could be endless in that respect (could still be ruined along the way, but it wouldnt hurt the finance) - and lost some dignity because of that i think. Compare SW now to way it used to be when we only had the Trilogy (plus a couple of sourcebooks, action figures, etc) it was much better, and to be honest i dont really think that Indiana Jones is the type of film that should get lost in all of that, but it seems to me it's going the exact same way SW did - and a Mutt Williams spin off would only hurt it. But thats my view

queeq
Yeah... Mutt is, however you see it, a completely new character. I haven't seen KOTCS yet, but knowing that Indy was an accidental bull's eye with Harrison, chances are slim that Mutt will be like that as well.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Stun
and to be honest i dont really think that Indiana Jones is the type of film that should get lost in all of that,

Well indiana jones does have comics Dark Horse did some and you can get them in the omnibus's now. I think they're starting the comic franchise side of things back up and as for games they have'nt really gone overboard with them unlike when it comes to star wars.

coolmovies
They should have left it at three i hate it when they make more then two movies e.g. T3

queeq
Yeah, I read that. Three whole new Terminator films...

Sadako of Girth
I reckon its inevitable.

Already Speilberg is apparently already talking about making Mutt the star and Indy being a background character.

He means just more of the same as this movie then.
(Meaning that I wont be bothering with the next "2nd being the darkest of the new trilogy as per GL/SS tradition" effort which will be garbage due to over CGIing and the inclusion of Shia LeBooooof and the non inclusion of any good writing talent, if this is an indicator..) sad

He has truely whored out his greatest work.

queeq
You certainly know how give your opinion with nuance... wink

exanda kane
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
He has truely whored out his greatest work.

How can you 'whore' out your biggest prostitute?

I want more.

queeq
Greedy little bugger.

exanda kane
I shall re-enact the scene from Oliver.

Sadako of Girth
How can you 'whore' out your biggest prostitute?

I want more.

An Indy movie was never a whore.

An Indy film was a classy date compared to this cgi monkey assisted, knackered-out, toothless-old-crackhead that robs from your wallet the minute your back is turned.

queeq
Sadako is pretty pissed.

GGS
God help us all if they make ' The adventures of Mutt Jones'

exanda kane
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
An Indy movie was never a whore.

An Indy film was a classy date compared to this cgi monkey assisted, knackered-out, toothless-old-crackhead that robs from your wallet the minute your back is turned.

I don't think you understood the jest, or at least your response would point that way.

The Indiana Jones movies were always tentpole whores. You ain't gonna get Doctor Zhivago.

Sadako of Girth
LOL Queeq yeah a little but not at anyone here, though. smile

Fair enough, but to that I'd have to say that you don't need to worry about being Dr.Zhivago when you could have something more like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Something approximating the quality of any the 1st 3 films would have done. But noooooooooooooooooooo...........

exanda kane
Well, I have to say I think it reaches that. Let's not put Last Crusade and Temple of Doom on a pedastel here. They weren't great. Just good. This belongs among them (I have no business placing them in order).

Sadako of Girth
If they were merely "good", then that lessens my respect for the new movie proportionally and therefore i'll have to reclassify it as "Total garbage from the waste bin of the biggest hack in hollywood" to have an accurate barometer for the relative qualities.

This is an Indiana Jones for fans of Speilberg/Bay's Transformers.

I'll stick to the originals.

exanda kane
You're right. I love Transformers.

Actually, no I didn't. Not one bit. How does that work?

queeq
I did... bs story but great fun. But indy has history, TF does not.

Sadako of Girth
It does. G1.

If you meant its not tied to history, like Indy is then yeah I totally agree. Not many Nazis and ancient civilizations in TFs.

Sadako of Girth
You're right. I love Transformers.

Actually, no I didn't. Not one bit. How does that work?

It works like that because I wasn't casting judgement on your liking/non-liking of TFs. You ignored this and proceeded straight to hystrionics.

But what I WAS saying the audience that is likely to put up with the diminishing of the things they loved before for the newer but hollower, shinier, faster camera movements version does seem to be the majority these days. As exhibited with Transformers, another spiritless braindead movie that looked flash and had the advantage of having Speilberg's promotional machine whip up the audience into a frenzy before its release selling it as one thing, while delivering quite another.

That is the crowd who will eat up anything with speilberg's name on it and lap it up, garbage or not.

Im sick of inferior rehashes.

queeq
Yeah... it's a shame though. Why would Spielberg need to rehash?

Sadako of Girth
Why bother doing another Indiana Jones movie at all..?
For our hard earned ticket cash.

Hence why Karen Allen's character was utterly utterly wasted as an under developed happy clappy "Stepford wives" version of a previously beloved character.

Feature the name, alluding to great things to get folks to put bums on seats, only to deliver something else (usually inferior), jerking the audience around. sad

queeq
He has enough of that.

Sadako of Girth
True.

Although he clearly seems to wants more.....

...or his business partners do.

queeq
I doubt it about Spielberg. the guy doesn't have to work to have a comfy life. Something else went wrong here.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh well if they didn't do it for the cash, I'll gladly take some of the profits then... stick out tongue

Even though hes comfortable he is probably trying to cement a financial legacy for his descendants..
But then he could just be greedy, too. wink

queeq
I heard the actors at least didn't take any fees, just a share in the profits.

Sadako of Girth
Its nestegg thinking, but money is money..

queeq
It shows they believed in its commercial success... and maybe in the quality of the movie.

Sadako of Girth
True, but it wouldn't be the first time that people being wrong has occurred.

queeq
True, they were wrong about the quality, not about the commercial success.

Sadako of Girth
yup. yes

Sadako of Girth
Tastes.. like.... chicken...

queeq
Tastes?

Mr Parker
well i saw it this weekend I hope to god they dont make ANOTHER one.this one wasnt anywhere near as good as the original trilogy.this movie was totally unnessary and should have stayed buried.

queeq
That sounds like Mr. Parker.

Sadako of Girth
And a lot of other discerning Indy fans.

queeq
True.

Mr Parker
After seeing Indy IV there is just no way I will go see another one if they DO indeed make another one.God I sure hope they dont.

queeq
I'm sure you will though. You saw all PT SW movies didn't you?

Mr Parker
yeah but thats because I was always curious about the backstory on how Vader turned evil and went over to the darkside.Yeah your probably right though,I'll probably see them,I think I'll just wait til they come out on cable though so I dont have to waste my money. big grin

queeq
HEck no... you'll watch them in the theatre and come back here to b!tch with us about the mess they made. That's how they endulge use these days.

Mr Parker
what you want to bet on that? big grin

Jedireaper
While other greats have had a re-imaging (Eg. Rocky Balboa, Rambo IV, Die Hard: 4.0, Star Trek (2009) and even Batman) Indy IV seems to be a step back in the series, with Steven Spielberg seeming to lose his eye catching sense of direction with IV becoming a more Lucas esque failure.

I think that, although it was nice to see Harrison cracking Indy's whip once more, and the film is a pleasent, fun, and if not irrevocably nostalgic addition to a film 'trilogy' (now quadrilogy) that I thought ended a year or so before I was born. the acting sells the film as does John Williams' score.

I didn't find any satisfaction from the film and found that GL and SS have given us their first joint bad movie. So I say it is time to pull out all the stops or stop altogether.

What ya's think?

queeq
Or they get their act together and redefine action cinema again, as they did in the past. They have the money and capabilities.

Jedireaper
My point exactly. smile

queeq
Well, they better do that then.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by queeq
Or they get their act together and redefine action cinema again, as they did in the past. They have the money and capabilities.

What so they chose to make a "lacklustre-at-best" movie as a creative exercise this time round...?

If they possessed the capabilities to not be lame they should have used them in this movie, imo.

queeq
I don't think they chose to make it lacklustre... maybe they felt it was a walk in the park... I dunno... It just isn't the best card in the deck...

Mr Parker
the sad thing is they already ARE planning to make another triology despite the fact that Indy fans did not take to this one. mad

willofthewisp
How can fans not be responding to this movie when it's made so much money?

queeq
Hehehe... good one.

Well, maybe they do want to make a good Indy film again...

Jovan
I am afraid they get confused... the movie will make money because it's Indiana Jones, not because it's good. Same problem that Star Wars had: it's the name that generates money here.

Best solution is to kick George Lucas away from the project: MUCH less CGI, MUCH less crap story... in short: pre-1990's Lucas!

Mr Parker
yeah this latest Indiana Jones movie made as much as money as it did cause of the name alone.yeah that is a good solution.Thats what people dont get about The Star Wars prequals,they always bring up that lame argument that if they were so bad then why did they make so much money.well thats because of the name alone.No way would those movies have done what they did box office if it werent for the greatness of the original star wars trilogy.

queeq
I agree.

willofthewisp
Okay, that makes sense. But if a movie makes money in its first weekend, yeah. It's due to hype and big names and all that jazz. But for a movie to do well weekend after weekend like Indiana Jones and the Star Wars prequels did, I would think someone somewhere would think they were really good.

When you say "good," you're really just comparing it to the original movies, which are great. Compared to them, the newer movies really aren't that good. But as stand-alones movies that are part of a series, they're not as bad as a lot of people make them out to be...just Star Wars Episode One...which never happened. wink

Jovan
I still feel they could have named this movie "National Treasure 3: Going International". Ok, a couple of jokes wouldn't have worked but there was not much difference between the two for me.

And to answer about weekend and weekends of money gains: I've seen the movie and had an invitation to go see it with two other groups... for free (I mean: they pay my ticket). I could have gone of course: 2 free hours of cinema but I didn't go because it's just so lousy.
Ok, it's a weak explanation and it does not cover everything: but sometimes people see it again just to hang around with others, not because it's good. And in this instance: there was no other movie appealing enough to go and see besides Indy IV. And of course you have some nuts that think it was the best movie (or some that say it wasn't that bad) so they indeed see it multiple times. But everywhere I hear of people that saw it, the tenure is that it was bad... not just "not good" but bad...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Okay, that makes sense. But if a movie makes money in its first weekend, yeah. It's due to hype and big names and all that jazz. But for a movie to do well weekend after weekend like Indiana Jones and the Star Wars prequels did, I would think someone somewhere would think they were really good.

When you say "good," you're really just comparing it to the original movies, which are great. Compared to them, the newer movies really aren't that good. But as stand-alones movies that are part of a series, they're not as bad as a lot of people make them out to be...just Star Wars Episode One...which never happened. wink

you got to remember that there are millions out there who will go back time and time again just to see a movie with a lot of great special effects and cant see past that to see how horribly written they are.movies such as the star wars prequals,spiderman,and batman 89 would not have been the huge blockbusters at the theaters that they were without being so extremely popular like they are.We'll never know if thats the case with Indiana Jones since Ford is a huge box office draw.I guarantee millions of familys around the country only went back time and time again cause theres millions of spoiled kids in this country who get their way.

I know that cause I used to always talk about how much I hated the movies I mentioned with a passion when they first came out to my neighbors,co workers,every person I came in touch with,and with familys it was the same story everytiime,they only went back to the theaters to see those films many times cause their kids wanted them to take them.not cause they wanted to.So it would be absurd to say that didnt go on around the country.

Now that point would work with a movie like Titanic,Lord Of The Rings or Harry Potter-I never had heard of Harry Potter before that film came out,but it doesnt work for those other films I mentioned or Indy 4.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Jovan
I still feel they could have named this movie "National Treasure 3: Going International". Ok, a couple of jokes wouldn't have worked but there was not much difference between the two for me.

And to answer about weekend and weekends of money gains: I've seen the movie and had an invitation to go see it with two other groups... for free (I mean: they pay my ticket). I could have gone of course: 2 free hours of cinema but I didn't go because it's just so lousy.
Ok, it's a weak explanation and it does not cover everything: but sometimes people see it again just to hang around with others, not because it's good. And in this instance: there was no other movie appealing enough to go and see besides Indy IV. And of course you have some nuts that think it was the best movie (or some that say it wasn't that bad) so they indeed see it multiple times. But everywhere I hear of people that saw it, the tenure is that it was bad... not just "not good" but bad...

thats also a good point.

queeq
Well.. bad. ... Disappointing...yes.

Sadako of Girth
The whole movie washes over me intellect like a massive wave of "bummer".

It drowns the collective audience's IQ in it. stick out tongue

queeq
Painful indeed.

KMC's Superboy
they will make more lucas wanted to make five

queeq
Five new ones or five in total?

a-k-a-amber
George Lucas said he wants to do more but with Indy as a supporting role to Mutt.

queeq
*shudder* There goes the franchise.

Sadako of Girth
I dont wanna be the "told you so" guy....

But as you can see, the instinctive, gutteral, visceral reaction of horror and mistrust to this new phase of cash-cow/movielore integrity-raping is totally justified.

For those actually excited by the "news", enjoy the upcoming sterile, CGI hollow bastardisations.

For they are there your benefit. The people who will take whatever Spielberg and Lucas dish out. (Secondarily of course to the profit margin, and attempted career furtherments, that based on this, do not deserve to be furthered, of course.)

Feck. sad

queeq
I doubt Spielberg will direct the Mutt movies though.

Sadako of Girth
He'll probably be executive producer though.

And that is enough to leave the stain. wink

queeq
Now now... be kind to Mr. Spielberg. He's still top of the line.

Sadako of Girth
Can't be much of a line these days then. stick out tongue

I know that it seems that he was at the back of the line when they handed out common sense regarding sane decisions in movie making these days.

queeq
His previous film was Munich... that's still pretty good.

Sadako of Girth
I will definitely watch it, on your recommendation.

But it still no matter how I might enjoy, Im never going to give someone who was responisible for WOTW, TFs and then Indy IV acclaim as the best filmmaker or top of the heap. (Unless that is a heap of manure, of course)

His earlier catalogue, to me is untouchable.

His current works are "more often than not" untouchable to me, but for different reasons.

IE: - I might get the poop on my fingers.

queeq

Sadako of Girth
Sure but a big rapid succession of bummers always seems worse.

Hopefully he'll restore sanity in time.

queeq
I have confidence in him.

Sadako of Girth
If not then I'll be able to save a few quid at the multiplex I guess, avoiding all with his name on. But I hope youre right.
A long distinguished career should finish on a good flow.

queeq
Yup.

Sadako of Girth
I rewatched Saving Private Ryan the other day (on D-Day anniversary).

A reminder of Spielberg on form.
Heavy Heavy flick.

Utterly rivetting for every second that its on, except Matt Damon's horrible monologue about his brothers and the barn.

Pity Spielberg forgot that the Brits were involved at any point in the 2nd world war, though.

queeq
Blah blah,... it's not about Brits, it's about an American unit. Let the Brits make their own D-Day movie. I always found that such a lame criticism: why does any movie dealing with history to have to be complete? It's a story... and zoomed in on this particular fictional event.

Sadako of Girth
I sir will poo-poo your Blah blah blah...! stick out tongue

Im not talking characters central to the story, the story clearly was about an American unit, but having no Brits there would be like....... having no Germans there...

Just a few of the guys on the beach being blown apart would have done. Maybe a few Brits wandering in the lines in the scenes where the downed plane rally point was...? A few at the babysitter bridge...?

They were SO conspicuous by their abscence, that it shatters the fourth wall, for me.

It threatened to be the enigma code all over again in U571...

queeq
Didn't the Americans get that code?

stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
McClane did it. stick out tongue

queeq
Now, that I'd believe.

Sadako of Girth
Hes a German, you know.

Which is ironic.

queeq
McClane a German????

Sadako of Girth
I know.......!!

Who'da thought it...?

queeq
Where'd you get that info? He sounds Scottish.

Sadako of Girth
Various places....
His name was Walter Willis apparently.
Born in Germany raised in America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Willis

queeq
Ah, Bruce... not McClane.

Sadako of Girth
Oh I see now why you said the 'Mc' bit sounds scottish....

And yes it does. But alledgedly its irish lineage in the movies.
Which is very feasible also.

queeq
McWillis.

Sadako of Girth
An even more drunk and angry version of McClane....? Is this wise..? stick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>