Tia/Calypso

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shannstar79
question? does anyone know what Tia/Calypso said just after she turned into a Giant and Busted in to millions of crabs????????? just curious?

ivebeendepped43
no clue. its all deep and stuff. it might be an incantation like she says when she shakes the crab claws

Ericadawn
I have no idea. I thought the simple "Fool!" that the script had was much better.

LoveJackSparrow
She might have said a spell cause thats what it sounded like.

JaehSkywalker
she should've just vanished or something. IMO that big scene thingy was kinda pointless, but what will said 'that was it?' was hilarious.. laughing out loud

LoveJackSparrow
the calyso scene with her turning into crabs i though was pointless....anyone else agree? Why have her in the movie if shes just going to turn into stupid crabs. I saw no point.

Sifzensinril
no, there is a point
she turned into crabs because Davy has crab's arm (leg?)
no it's very stupid idea

LoveJackSparrow
I seriuosly still see no point. But ok what ever you say I will try to see your thinking.

lovethemtigers
I didn't like the whole calypso story...i just evisioned such different things...I didn't think Tia was allowed to stay true to her character in AWE...she just seemed different.....

I'm not quite sure why she brought back Barbossa...and why she was willing to take them on a journey through weird and haunted shores to fetch back witty jack......i thought there would be more of a story to that...and there wasn't.....

I wanted to know jack and tia's history...like when he tells Gibbs and the crew how close he and tia were ...before......just a lot of holes in the plot...and unanswered questions.....

lovethemtigers
i hated when she became a giant....and i was embarrased..cus i went to see it with my husband and he doesn't care much for the pirate movies but he went with me becasue he knew how much i was dying to see it...i just felt like he was probably thinking...what in the heck is this all about...

why do you think her crabs help jack get the pearl of the sand...why did she care so much about what happened with jack....i just dont' get her whole tie -in to jack....

IheartPocky
She wanted to get jack cause he had the piece of eight they needed. She wants the Brethren to meet because she wants to be released.

potcfan2003
that is an exellent point. I think that she exploded into crabs, because she never really died. I think ske caused the storm, and the whirl pool, and i think that might have been her wrath that she was talking about in the brig scene with DJ

LoveJackSparrow
Hmm you know that dose make since yall guys might have made since to me and now to me it makes a point

PirateDiva
it sounded like it was in another language..lol

potcfan2003
it sounded like jack when you watch the movie in slow motion lol

LoveJackSparrow
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaehSkywalker
Calypso was released from tia's body, she became soo big then became a million crabs, vanished into the sea, made a whirlpool and storm?

what the bloody hell is that about?!

Emma718
i was never really a big Tia fan.

JaehSkywalker
well, tia's okay, that scene though.. just.. kinda pointless.

Emma718
i was confused lol. I didn't know what was happening when she became big >.<

JaehSkywalker
i got it, but it was weird...

LoveJackSparrow
What did you get?????? Can you share what you got of tia becoming into like a millon crabs????? Please do share! i think it will help us all understand.

Jaeh_JediPirate
lol.. i kinda got the she turned into crabs, what i didn't get was of all the things that could've hapened to her, why turn into a million crabs?!

LoveJackSparrow
She should have turned into a beautiful person like who she really looks like and sound like waht she really sounds like! Yea shes actally beautiful! You should see her in the newspaper! You will be amased it dosent look like her at all! then she should have helped the pirates.

joanjoan
Actually I think she did help the pirates. wink She made a whirlpool showing her anger but also thanks to that whirlpool the fleet couldn't join DJ so that our heroes could defeat him or at least had a chance to do it. wink I think that she became a million crabs to escape from ropes. First she became bigger but she couldn't release even in that size, so she chose another way wink

LoveJackSparrow
hmmm good point.....

stormlover
Originally posted by joanjoan
Actually I think she did help the pirates. wink She made a whirlpool showing her anger but also thanks to that whirlpool the fleet couldn't join DJ so that our heroes could defeat him or at least had a chance to do it. wink I think that she became a million crabs to escape from ropes. First she became bigger but she couldn't release even in that size, so she chose another way wink

I agree. It all had to do with the representation of Calypso being released from her human bonds. Why crabs? Well, I'm guessing that the crabs were just a representation of the sea goddess (maybe he symbol is the crab or something like that). Also, that would explain the crab-like design on the heart-shaped locket with the woman's face in it. wink I personally love tia dalma/ calypso.

LoveJackSparrow
really???? man your the 1st person that i have met that actally loves tia dalma/calyso!

AudioHeart
lol me too laughing out loud

Mrs Fish
Cant say I love her, but I do like her!
Love the way she talks and how she acts so mysterious, though...

One thing I remember noticing, that the objects she uses(in both DMC & AWE) to predict whats coming, are crab claws...
(like in the end of the first scene with her in DMC, If you know what I mean)

Hope you understand me.... confused

LoveJackSparrow
I understand you! Dont worry! lol

Mrs Fish
Thats good!
Sometimes I know exactly what I mean inside my head, but have a hard time putting it to words.. and it sound all weird when I type it....
Its not always easy, not to have English as the first language..

LoveJackSparrow
lol i know what you mean mate..dont worry we all have probalums like that....even jack sparrow...remeber he didnt say words when he tipped the black pearl upside down because he knew everyone would be your crazy jack! lol

darthivader
well, my tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that she was troubled and upset

stormlover
Originally posted by Mrs Fish
Cant say I love her, but I do like her!
Love the way she talks and how she acts so mysterious, though...

One thing I remember noticing, that the objects she uses(in both DMC & AWE) to predict whats coming, are crab claws...
(like in the end of the first scene with her in DMC, If you know what I mean)

Hope you understand me.... confused

I completely understand. I feel that way sometimes as well. I love the way tia/calypso talks to. I love Caribbean accents big grin

Mrs Fish
Originally posted by LoveJackSparrow
lol i know what you mean mate..dont worry we all have probalums like that....even jack sparrow...remeber he didnt say words when he tipped the black pearl upside down because he knew everyone would be your crazy jack! lol
youpi rolling on floor laughing lol That's true!

stormlover
Originally posted by Mrs Fish
youpi rolling on floor laughing lol That's true!

That was hillarious laughing

Mrs Fish
Originally posted by stormlover
I completely understand. I feel that way sometimes as well. I love the way tia/calypso talks to. I love Caribbean accents big grin
teehee lol
It really suits her, and its fun to talk like her.(or at least try to) I love to say Davy Jones.

joanjoan
I must say I like her big grin She speaks so fine and she has her special style big grin But first of all I like her because she made a lot for jack. She was the one who gave Jack the compass, she found the way to save him big grin . The interesting thing is that she didn't steal the piece of eight, I think she could with the help of her crabs and of course she could have done it earlier when they were lovers (or maybe they were lovers when she wasn't a human, maybe she even didn't come to see DJ because she was with jack wink I wonder if she was one of the reasons why DJ hated Jack. ). Anyway I'm sure she wanted Jack to be saved, because she had some feelings for him. It was not love but probably she liked him as a friend.

LoveJackSparrow
yea i completely agree with that!!!!!!!!

potcfan2003
totally

Mrs Fish
True that joanjoan!!
And we can't forget about the jar of dirt!!
She did give it to him so he would be safe(or at least feel safe) from Davy and the black spot...
So in one way or another I think she cares for Jack!

potcfan2003
I have an icon on aim that says- I got a jar of dirt i got a jar of dirt. Then it has a picture of Jack holding a jar of dirt... It's my FAVORITE icon so far.. besides the one of Will that I had a while ago that was" I can't leave without Jack.. never mind, let's go."

Sweet Escape
I love Tia/Calypso.

There's such a sad story behind her and DJ. And they both hurt each other terribly.

And Crabs were always her thing. The lockets, the fortune things (A touch of destiny...), When the Black Pearl gets back to the sea about a thousand crabs carry it to the sea, and she picks on up (Obviously she had something to do with that) So it makes sense, in a weird type of way.

And in another way, it was her kind of running away from the Pirates. Because Will told her how Davey Jones was the one to tell them how to imprison her. So in that moment, she was angry, but she was more hurt than angry. And in my opinion she just wanted to get away. Like she didn't want to believe it was DJ, because she loves him so much. Maybe I'm looking too deeply into it, but it works for me.

potcfan2003
true...

texgodiva2s
Ah, crabs--they can regenerate claws lost for whatever reason, they are dedicated once they latch on to something--they don't care if they lose a claw if that's what they think they want. They can live in and out of the water. They have a hard hard exterior and a soft soft heart. They molt, change...regularly. Much nicer than gasping big mouth bass don't you suppose.

Sweet Escape
I like that thought a lot texgodiva.

Tia/Calypso is without a doubt my favorite character in the entire series.

I feel like I can relate to her in so many ways. Especially the line 'Many things you were Davy Jones, but you were never cruel.'

Thats exactly how I feel towards someone who was the best friend I've ever had... sad Someone at this very website.

King Kandy
What was that terrible wrath she was going to bring on them? A whirlpool that did nothing at all?

IheartPocky
Nothing at all? Haha

He did fall in it. But, with her talk of "a touch of destiny" with will.. she probably knew he was gonna die. And.. well.. she sucked him in! hehe

Sweet Escape
Originally posted by King Kandy
What was that terrible wrath she was going to bring on them? A whirlpool that did nothing at all?

She was going to bring wrath upon because she was mad that they imprisoned her. But when Will told her it was Davy Jones who told them how to do it, she didn't care about them. Imagine the person you were in love with betrayed you like that. How would you feel? She was hurt, and angry. So she made the whirlpool so they could fight Davey Jones one on one, and they had a chance to kill him.

potcfan2003
I never thought of it that way...

Sweet Escape
stick out tongue

I just love Tia, so I might be over analyzing everything, but it works for me stick out tongue

LoveJackSparrow
i guess now that you have explained everything ( and i mean im counting everybody that also explained things too ) It makes since to me, somtimes even though i just LOVE PotC things get up to me that i just cant understand, you know everybody has those times right? Thats one reason why i love this site so i can understand more about PotC and share other ideas for PotC...you meet people that are just like you but except that some are on different ships. And i also trust others that are just like me...cause you can understand them and my friends they arent as much opsessed with PotC so its hard for them to get what i'm saying and stuff.

Sweet Escape
Yeah, Tia is surrounded by mystery. Thats why I love her so much. She's easily my favorite.

binkii70
Prior to dissolving into a swarm of crabs, Calypso shouts an incantation which in the script reads: "Malfaiteur en Tombeau, Crochir l'Esplanade, Dans l'Fond d'l'eau!". This roughly means "Across all the waters, find the path to he who wrongfully entombed me", evidently referring to Davy Jones.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by binkii70
Prior to dissolving into a swarm of crabs, Calypso shouts an incantation which in the script reads: "Malfaiteur en Tombeau, Crochir l'Esplanade, Dans l'Fond d'l'eau!". This roughly means "Across all the waters, find the path to he who wrongfully entombed me", evidently referring to Davy Jones.

Hmmmmm... Interesting. Thanks for finding that out. I never gave it much thought.

Bigblue442
yeah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.