What is a Saint?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
According to the Bible every born again believer in Jesus Christ is a saint.

See:

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=saint&version1=50&searchtype=all&limit=none&wholewordsonly=no

big grin

Devil King
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
According to the Bible every believer in Jesus Christ is a saint.

big grin

you're a legend in your own mind.

Boris
Saints are made by the current pope, no?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Boris
Saints are made by the current pope, no?

No, a saint is just another name for a believer in Jesus Christ. The Pope has no power to do anything (he only has the sway that people give him).

Devil King
(he only has the sway that people give him).

sick

Boris
No, a saint is just another name for a believer in Jesus Christ. The Pope has no power to do anything (he only has the sway that people give him).

Right... so how come the Pope can canonize people into Saints then?

Nellinator
Right... so how come the Pope can canonize people into Saints then? Saints and canonized saints are two different things. Canonized saints are simply considered especially commendable and holy Christians (all Christians are saints) that deserve veneration and are considered powerful intercessor's because of their righteousness according to the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox tradition.

ThePittman
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4a/Saintkillers.jpg/200px-Saintkillers.jpg

This is the only saint I believe in wink

JesusIsAlive
Right... so how come the Pope can canonize people into Saints then?

Because people believe that he can. I personally do not recognize the Pope's authority.

Devil King
Because people believe that he can. I personally do not recognize authority.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Devil King

That's okay, you, me, and every other created being in Heaven, on earth, or in Hell will one day bow our knees to Jesus Christ, and our tongues will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father (Just wait and see).

Philippians 2:9-11
9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You can bow now (as a believer) or you can bow later (as one who is lost).

debbiejo
Since when does Jesus force anyone. Wouldn't that go against Free Will?

AngryManatee
Because people believe that he can. I personally do not recognize the Pope's authority.

Wow, so that means that in other people's eyes, you're hellbound as well.

laughing

Devil King
That's okay, you, me, and every other created being in Heaven, on earth, or in Hell will one day bow our knees to Jesus Christ, and our tongues will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father (Just wait and see).

When that day comes, you make sure you're standing next to me in line....I wanna see the look on your face.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by debbiejo
Since when does Jesus force anyone. Wouldn't that go against Free Will?

It is an involuntary reaction to Jesus' greatness as God Almighty, not something forced as such. Go back and read the Bible and see how people responded to visions of Jesus and you see a pattern of people falling on their face before Him. Some have even felt compelled to fall down and worship angels or have fallen before angels feet. Why do they fall before angels? Because the glory of God is tangible. Angels who stand in God's presence have some of His glory on and in them, and that glory is what makes people fall down before them (but it is God's glory not theirs as such).

This is a very crude, crude illustration but here it goes. Imagine if your favorite celebrity walked into your bedroom to say hi to you and to meet you, what do you think would be your initial reaction? I think that you would faint, lose your breath, or you would be frozen speechless.

Devil King
This is a very crude, crude illustration but here it goes. Imagine if your favorite celebrity walked into your bedroom

Actually, it's spot on to describe your infatuation with Jesus.

debbiejo
It is an involuntary reaction to Jesus' greatness as God Almighty, not something forced as such. Go back and read the Bible and see how people responded to visions of Jesus and you see a pattern of people falling on their face before Him. Some have even felt compelled to fall down and worship angels or have fallen before angels feet. Why do they fall before angels? Because the glory of God is tangible. Angels who stand in God's presence have some of His glory on and in them, and that glory is what makes people fall down before them (but it is God's glory not theirs as such).

This is a very crude, crude illustration but here it goes. Imagine if your favorite celebrity walked into your bedroom to say to you and to meet you, what do you think would be your initial reaction? I think that you would faint, lose your breath, or you would be frozen speechless. Even people in hell?

AngryManatee
http://web.telia.com/~u15903031/919518.jpg

ninja

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by AngryManatee

ninja

Somenone whom you have fallen down before?

confused

big grin

JesusIsAlive
Even people in hell?

Yes.

Boris

Then I'm afraid you're going straight to Hell.

The Pope is God on earth.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by AngryManatee

ninja

No, I was just kidding Angrypostalworker, I mean AngryManatee. That is a picture of Val Kilmer. Why do you ask?

big grin

AngryManatee
I don't recall asking anything...

Nellinator

The Pope is God on earth. Not even Catholic believe that. You never cease to astonish me with new heights of idiocy.

JesusIsAlive

The Pope is God on earth.

Now, Timmy (I mean Boris) you might want to sit down because what I am about to tell you is universe-shattering:

the Pope is just an old, Caucasian man who has managed to fool the masses into believing that he has authority over them.

Your are not hyperventilating are you Boris? Boris? Boris?

*Flatlines*

Boris!

(We'eve lost him)

big grin

ADarksideJedi
A person does not become a saint till a couple of years after.WHen MOther Theresa dead, they claim her a saint alittle afterwards.So it depends on what that person did and if the church argrees to make that p erson a saint.jm

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
A person does not become a saint till a couple of years after.WHen MOther Theresa dead, they claim her a saint alittle afterwards.So it depends on what that person did and if the church argrees to make that p erson a saint.jm

There is no such animal as making someone a saint. The whole idea is unscriptural. If you are born again, then you are a saint. No person makes you this, you become this the moment that you become born again.

Boris
Now, Timmy (I mean Boris) you might want to sit down because what I am about to tell you is universe-shattering:

the Pope is just an old, Caucasian man who has managed to fool the masses into believing that he has authority over them.

Your are not hyperventilating are you Boris? Boris? Boris?

*Flatlines*

Boris!

(We'eve lost him)

big grin

Now, JIA you might want to sit down because what I am about to tell you is universe-shattering:

Jesus was just a crazy, arab man who has somehow managed to fool the masses, for years after it has become apparent it's all false... into believing that he was the son of a non existent God.

Your are not hyperventilating are you JIA? JIA? JIA?!

We've lost him... ah well.

No great loss there.

JesusIsAlive
Now, JIA you might want to sit down because what I am about to tell you is universe-shattering:

Jesus was just a crazy, arab man who has somehow managed to fool the masses, for years after it has become apparent it's all false... into believing that he was the son of a non existent God.

Your are not hyperventilating are you JIA? JIA? JIA?!

We've lost him... ah well.

No great loss there.

How are you going to use my joke?

laughing out loud

big grin

Storm
In Protestant terminology, a saint is any Christian believer. In the Roman Catholic Church, it is an especially holy deceased Christian who has met certain requirements and has been canonized by the Pope.

Shakyamunison
According to the Bible every born again believer in Jesus Christ is a saint.

See:

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=saint&version1=50&searchtype=all&limit=none&wholewordsonly=no

big grin

There are a lot of lies in the bible; why is this one any more important then any of the others?

Emperor Ashtar
A saint is someone who is pious and attain God-hood throuigh mysticism and ascteics.

Goddess Kali
A Saint is someone who has done extraordinary things for other people through the power of God.

Not a person who simply becomes Evangelical, and votes right wing...stop being egotistic JIA

Crimson Phoenix
Haha! JIA thinks he's a saint. Thats too funny

He so up his own arse he can smell his shit!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
Haha! JIA thinks he's a saint. Thats to funny

He so up his own arse he can smell his shit!

If he was a saint, wouldn't he be a kinder person? confused

WrathfulDwarf
In the christian tradition a saint is basically a monk that performs 3 miracles in the name of God.

Because of politics behind the catholic church...anyone who gets more popular votes becomes a saint. This of course cause controversy in Latin American countries. Were saint popularity is the highest. There is a canon procedure that is been change to please the masses of believers. It's becoming a contest of popularity rather than an actual search for holy people.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
A Saint is someone who has done extraordinary things for other people through the power of God.

Not a person who simply becomes Evangelical, and votes right wing...stop being egotistic JIA

Can you substantiate this?

Shakyamunison

Saint

a person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&defl=en&q=define:saint&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Saint

a person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&defl=en&q=define:saint&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Can you substantiate that with an authoritative source?

If what you posted is true Shakyamunison then why does the Bible contradict that information?

Shakyamunison
Can you substantiate that with an authoritative source?

If what you posted is true Shakyamunison then why does the Bible contradict that information?

Why would I know the answer to that question? I'm a Buddhist, not a Christian. wink

A saint is something made up by man.

JesusIsAlive
Why would I know the answer to that question? I'm a Buddhist, not a Christian. wink

A saint is something made up by man.

So then you cannot substantiate it?

So then why did you attempt to? You appear to start things that you cannot finish.

sad

Goddess Kali

Can you ?

Catholicism came up with the concept of Sainthood far before your Evangelical clan have.

You took an idea which already existed, stole it, then re defined it as your own. Catholics have done this as well before your culture has.

Saints have done extraordinary things for other people, and have made great changes.

You DARE compare yourself to any one of the past Saints ? HA ! Such Hubris (like Lucifer had)

St. Joan of Arc, Mother Teresa, St. Jude, St. Micheal...as if you, an internet loser who harasses people and tears down the cultures of others, has ANY RIGHT comparing himself to great people like these. laughing

lil bitchiness
Wait. Don't people have to do two extraordinary good things in order to qualify for Saints?

I remember reading that somewhere...although I cannot remember where.

Emperor Ashtar
The Concept of Saint-hood predates any Christian religion and is kinda of different.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Wait. Don't people have to do two extraordinary good things in order to qualify for Saints?

yes

JesusIsAlive
Can you ?

Catholicism came up with the concept of Sainthood far before your Evangelical clan have.

You took an idea which already existed, stole it, then re defined it as your own. Catholics have done this as well before your culture has.

Saints have done extraordinary things for other people, and have made great changes.

You DARE compare yourself to any one of the past Saints ? HA ! Such Hubris (like Lucifer had)

St. Joan of Arc, Mother Teresa, St. Jude, St. Micheal...as if you, an internet loser who harasses people and tears down the cultures of others, has ANY RIGHT comparing himself to great people like these. laughing

That is my point precisely.

The leaders of the Roman Catholic Church came up with the fallacious doctrine of declaring someone a saint when the Holy Bible (the true source of authority on what constitues a saint) states almost implicitly and inferentially that every born again believer (i.e. every Christian) is a saint.

smile

Goddess Kali

The leaders of the Roman Catholic Church came up with the fallacious doctrine of declaring someone a saint when the Holy Bible (the true source of authority on what constitues a saint) states almost implicitly and inferentially that every born again believer (i.e. Christian) is a saint.

smile

They ALSO put together the Bible erm

lil bitchiness
Kali, you're just standing in the way of God and holiness.

I proclaim fatwa against you. FATWA!

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Kali, you're just standing in the way of God and holiness.

I proclaim fatwa against you. FATWA!

laughing

I love you Mila

Emperor Ashtar

The leaders of the Roman Catholic Church came up with the fallacious doctrine of declaring someone a saint.

smile

No, they didn't, Saint-Hood had long exsisted prior to the establisment of the church. Furthermore, mordern Christianity was created by the church. There was no Christianity prior to the church, just a couple of cults.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
No, they didn't, Saint-Hood had long exsisted prior to the establisment of the church. Furthermore, mordern Christianity was created by the church. There was no Christianity prior to the church, just a couple of cults.

So, I am still a saint based on the Bible. Sainthood is not a behavior as such it is a designation.

big grin

Emperor Ashtar
So, I am still a saint based on the Bible. Sainthood is not a behavior as such it is a designation.

big grin
So, The Bible state you are a saint?
What book and what verse?

JesusIsAlive
So, The Bible state you are a saint?
What book and what verse?

Click on the first page of this thread and then click on the link to view the abundant references/occurences of the word saint in the New Testament (you do realize the New Testament was written to and for believers don't you? Well I am included in that group).

big grin

Goddess Kali
I clicked on your link and found nothing to substantiate your claim, even from the Bible....

JesusIsAlive
I clicked on your link and found nothing to substantiate your claim, even from the Bible....

Did you look in the New Testament? The word saint is very common in the New Testament and it is synonymous with the just, the righteous. It refers to believers (i.e Christians).

Goddess Kali
Did you look in the New Testament? The word saint is very common in the New Testament and it is synonymous with the just, the righteous. It refers to believers (i.e Christians).

But how do you know its Evangelicals, and not other Christians like Catholics and Orthadox ?

And also how do you know you are just and righteous ?

JesusIsAlive
But how do you know its Evangelicals, and not other Christians like Catholics and Orthadox ?

Catholics are not Christians.

The Bible says so.

Goddess Kali

The Bible says so.

How are that Catholics not Christians ? Please prove this laughing

Secondly, why and how are you better than Greek Orthodox ?

Emperor Ashtar

The Bible says so. `

The mordern Bible's canon was fashioned by Chatholics for their religion. Mordern Christianity =Catholiscism

So, unless you have the Sinai Bible at home somewhere. . .you fail
Seriously, how can the founders of a religion be wrong about the religion they created?

AngryManatee
I tried reading the new testament today, and I got to page 10 before I got bored and started drawing on the pages.

JesusIsAlive
`

The mordern Bible's canon was fashioned by Chatholics for their religion. Mordern Christianity =Catholiscism

So, unless you have the Sinai Bible at home somewhere. . .you fail
Seriously, how can the founders of a religion be wrong about the religion they created?

Christians are Christians and Catholics are Catholics.

Catholics may have created Roman Catholicism, but they did not create the church--Jesus did.

big grin

Emperor Ashtar
Christians are Christians and Catholics are Catholics.

Catholics may have created Roman Catholicism, but they did not create the church--Jesus did.

big grin

Actually, Peter did. . .according to the Catholic mytho's.

JesusIsAlive
How are that Catholics not Christians ? Please prove this laughing

Secondly, why and how are you better than Greek Orthodox ?

http://www.born-again-christian.info/catholics.htm

JesusIsAlive

You are another casualty of Roman Catholic falsehood.

Emperor Ashtar
Oh, so, your from the church that pre-dates the church. . .makes sense.

So, these born again Christians must have some bible that is seperate from the Roman canon.

JesusIsAlive

How do you keep hitting the nail on the head? You are correct: according to Catholic myth (that is my whole point).

big grin

Emperor Ashtar
How do you keep hitting the nail on the head? You are correct: according to Catholic myth (that is my whole point).

big grin
Catholics wrote the mordern bible. . .

JesusIsAlive
Catholics wrote the mordern bible. . .

No, they did not write the Bible. Go back and do some research your statement is not correct.

Emperor Ashtar
No, they did not write the Bible. Go back and do some research your statement is not correct.

I did, the Mordern Bible was created by catholics coupled with the ancient jewish religion. It was areligion created to fortify their rule and unite people of the empire. Further, they could quell many jewish rebellions by using the Archetype "Yeshua" which was a common persona for jewsih heroe's. Why do you think Yeshua son of nun performed most of the prophecy's that jesus did not?

It's a reoccuring motif.

JesusIsAlive
I did, the Mordern Bible was created by catholics coupled with the ancient jewish religion. It was areligion created to fortify their rule and unite people of the empire. Further, they could quell many jewish rebellions by using the Archetype "Yeshua" which was a common persona for jewsih heroe's. Why do you think Yeshua son of nun performed most of the prophecy's that jesus did not?

It's a reoccuring motif.

No, the Bible was not created by the Catholics period.

ADarksideJedi
There is no such animal as making someone a saint. The whole idea is unscriptural. If you are born again, then you are a saint. No person makes you this, you become this the moment that you become born again.

Where in the bible is this written?jm smile

JesusIsAlive

It is by virtue of our position in Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:2; Romans 6:3-2, 8:1

happy

Emperor Ashtar
It is by virtue of our position in Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:2; Romans 6:3-2, 8:1

happy So, jesus wrote the Old Testament that predates him? confused

JesusIsAlive
So, jesus wrote the Old Testament that predates him? confused

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (i.e. God-breathed). Jesus is God so the Bible is His Word. Also, Jesus predates the universe because He is God.

Nellinator
For everybody that is confused:

There is a difference between being a saint and canonized saints. All Christians are saints and the Catholic church also believes this. There are also canonized saints in the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches that are venerated.

Emperor Ashtar
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (i.e. God-breathed). Jesus predates the universe because He is God. So, God gave inspiration for the mordern Catholic bible, cool.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Nellinator
For everybody that is confused:

There is a difference between being a saint and canonized saints. All Christians are saints and the Catholic church also believes this. There are also canonized saints in the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches that are venerated.

But they should not be venerated. This is unscriptural.

Emperor Ashtar
But they should not be venerated. This is unscriptural.
Yeah, it's an oral tradtion.

JesusIsAlive
Yeah, it's an oral tradtion.

There you go hitting the nail on the head again. Fantastic.

big grin

Nellinator
Oral tradition is extremely important. Without it there would be no scripture.

JesusIsAlive
Oral tradition is extremely important. Without it there would be no scripture.

I am talking about the tradition of venerating the apostles. That aspect of oral tradition is unscriptural.

sad

JesusIsAlive
So, God gave inspiration for the mordern Catholic bible, cool.

No, God gave the inspiration for the Scriptures per se (i.e. the actual text).

I am not even talking about the Catholic bible, that is a totally separate issue.

Nellinator
I am talking about the tradition of venerating the apostles. That aspect of oral tradition is unscriptural.

sad Not really.

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1)

"Brethren, be followers together with me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example" (Phillipians 3:17)

It is likewise in 1 Thessalonians 1:6 and 2 Thessalonians 3:7.

"Remember them which have rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God; whose faith imitate, considering the end of the their manner of life" (Hebrews 13:7)

"Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience" (James 5:10)

Imitation is the highest form of veneration.

JesusIsAlive
Not really.

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1)

"Brethren, be followers together with me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an example" (Phillipians 3:17)

It is likewise in 1 Thessalonians 1:6 and 2 Thessalonians 3:7.

"Remember them which have rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God; whose faith imitate, considering the end of the their manner of life" (Hebrews 13:7)

"Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience" (James 5:10)

Imitation is the highest form of veneration.

But imitation and veneration (i.e. a euphemism for worship) are two entirely different things. I can imitate your faith in Jesus without venerating you (i.e. without holding you up on a pedestal that belongs only to Jesus, praying to you, and hanging pictures of you on my wall for further ritualistic acts of devotion).

Personally, I endeavor to imitate Christ because He is my true Example for how to live.

big grin

Nellinator
To venerate is not the same as to worship. Imitation is all it refers to.

No one holds saints on the same pedestal as Jesus, no one prays to saints, and the pictures thing I agree with you on.

We can only hope that you do.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive

1 Corinthians 1:2; Romans 8:1.

happy

Nellinator
No, imitate does not mean venerate. Veneration by the very definition you gave is "to regard with reverential respect or with admiring deference". This leads to imitation. Reverence simply means respect felt for someone. Therefore veneration is not worship and it practiced through imitation.

JesusIsAlive
Veneration by the very definition you gave is "to regard with reverential respect or with admiring deference". This leads to imitation. Reverence simply means respect felt for someone. Therefore veneration is not worship and it practiced through imitation.

How does veneration (which is not a Biblical term) lead to imitation? I don't believe that veneration is practiced through imitation. Besides, we are not instructed by God to venerate anyone let alone deceased believers.

Boris

The Bible says so.

Brillant... just... brilliant.

Crimson Phoenix
JIA is not a christian

Jesus says so

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
JIA is not a christian

Jesus says so

I was responding to two separate statements. I was not saying that Catholics were not Christians because the Bible says so. Here is the post that I was responding to. Notice that there are two questions. The first question asks, "

"But how do you know its Evangelicals, and not other Christians like Catholics and Orthadox ?"

My answer to this question is, "Christians are not Catholics."

The second question asks,

"And also how do you know you are just and righteous ?"

I responded to this question with this statement: The Bible says so.

ADarksideJedi
1 Corinthians 1:2; Romans 8:1.

happy

Ok give me time to look it up and I will be right back with a comment.Btw are you a christian or a catloic?JM smile

Symmetric Chaos
Isn't a saint just anyone who has been Canonized?

ADarksideJedi
What does that word mean?jm

Symmetric Chaos
Made a saint srug

Storm
To officially declare a deceased Christian to be a saint. In the Catholic church, saints are canonized by the Pope and must have performed at least two miracles. In the Orthodox church, saints are canonized by synods of regional bishops. Protestants do not canonize.

Boris
I was responding to two separate statements. I was not saying that Catholics were not Christians because the Bible says so. Here is the post that I was responding to. Notice that there are two questions. The first question asks, "

"But how do you know its Evangelicals, and not other Christians like Catholics and Orthadox ?"

My answer to this question is, "Christians are not Catholics."

But the Bible means squat, so your logic is quite flawed.

Shakyamunison
So then you cannot substantiate it?

So then why did you attempt to? You appear to start things that you cannot finish.

sad

I was just trying to help you, but if you want to put your own meaning to words, why would I care. People will just think you are a nut.

Goddess Kali

Can you answer my first question please ?

As for my second question, the Bible no where says that you specifically are a saint. You are in fact, quite egotistic, and rather annoying at this point. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison

big grin

You are delusional.

Goddess Kali

As for my second question, the Bible no where says that you specifically are a saint. You are in fact, quite egotistic, and rather annoying at this point. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Naz

False. Saint Peter is not pleased. Please try again.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
False. Saint Peter is not pleased. Please try again.

Why do you believe that it is false?

JesusIsAlive
You are delusional.

And as is customary with you, you fail to substantiate what you say.

big grin

Shakyamunison
And as is customary with you, you fail to substantiate what you say.

big grin

You substantiated it for me. Anyone (with the exception of you) can read the post form before and understand why I said what I said based on your delusional statement.

Naz
Why do you believe that it is false?

Because

A) You are not a saint, of course, neither am I.
B) The Pope is infallible.
C) A Christian is a believer in Jesus Christ.

JesusIsAlive

It is by virtue of our position in Christ (i.e. as believers).

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

You do realize that the New Testament was written to believers don't you? There were believers in Corinth just like there are believers every where else in the world. We are called saints.

Shakyamunison

To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

You do realize that the New Testament was written to believers don't you? There were believers in Corinth just like there are believers every where else in the world. We are called saints.

For you to call yourself a saint is like me calling myself a rock star. My friends call me a rock star, but is only because I play music. You maybe a saint, in the way that you are a Christian, but you are not a Saint in the sense of the bigger meaning.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Naz
Because

A) You are not a saint, of course, neither am I.
B) The Pope is infallible.
C) A Christian is a believer in Jesus Christ.

I have supported with the Bible that you are incorrect. Every believer is a saint (Read 1 Corinthians 1:2).

Show me where in the Bible it states the word Pope or that he is infallible.

You are just another casualty of Roman Catholic indoctrination and unscriptural teaching.

Storm

We are called saints.
Et alors?

JesusIsAlive
For you to call yourself a saint is like me calling myself a rock star. My friends call me a rock star, but is only because I play music. You maybe a saint, in the way that you are a Christian, but you are not a Saint in the sense of the bigger meaning.

You are incorrect. You have no Biblical understanding of what the word saint means. The word saint refers to every believer in Jesus Christ. I have shown you from the Bible. There is no bigger meaning for the word saint.

Shakyamunison
You are incorrect. You have no Biblical understanding of what the word saint means. The word saint refers to every believer in Jesus Christ. I have shown you from the Bible. There is no bigger meaning for the word saint.

You do not know what I do or do not know. I understood what you were getting at, but it is a delusional game you play. It is no different then I calling myself a rock star, when I am not.

The meaning of words are based upon popularity of use. As time goes by, the meaning of words change. At the time when the bible was written, the word saint had a different meaning then it does now. To misguide people by intentionally using an archaic meaning is a game of delusion. All you are trying to do is cause arguments.

Storm
What do you hope to achieve? Do you seek to create an illusion of superiority and to build up an image of high self-worth? Are you striving for recognition and prestige to compensate for the lack of self-confidence?

Do you see me creating the following thread:

JesusIsAlive
You do not know what I do or do not know. I understood what you were getting at, but it is a delusional game you play. It is no different then I calling myself a rock star, when I am not.

The meaning of words are based upon popularity of use. As time goes by, the meaning of words change. At the time when the bible was written, the word saint had a different meaning then it does now. To misguide people by intentionally using an archaic meaning is a game of delusion. All you are trying to do is cause arguments.

(You still don't get it.)

The Bible refers to believers as saints (it is not something that I call myself) that is the difference between you calling yourself a rock star--because you are not one. But I am a saint whether I call myself a saint or not because the Bible calls all believers saints. If I call myself a saint then I am speaking truthfully because I can support that statement with Scripture. But if you call yourself a rock star you would be lying because you cannot support that statement.

Shakyamunison

JesusIsAlive

Shakyamunison
I have stated that the word is in the Bible and I have even quoted the Scripture a few times (where have you been?).

I understand what you have said, but deceit is not how I operate. My point is simply to debunk the unscripturally tenable Roman Catholic doctrine of sainthood. The apostles are not super saints, they are saints just like any other believer in Jesus Christ.

Then you should have said that in the beginning. Most people do not have any reverence for the bible that you do, so to simply say it is in the bible does not have the same effect in them, that it has in you.

Naz
I have supported with the Bible that you are incorrect. Every believer is a saint (Read 1 Corinthians 1:2).

Show me where in the Bible it states the word Pope or that he is infallible.

You are just another casualty of Roman Catholic indoctrination and unscriptural teaching.

I agree with Shakyamunison here:

the word "pope" is never mentioned, but you should be knowledgeable of the "Peter you are a rock and on this rock I build my church" spiel, that's where the office, if you will, of Pope comes from.

Also, Catholics acknowledge Sacred Tradition, which is NOT tradition in the sense of "We've always done something this way, so let's keep doing it this way", but of the other stuff that Jesus taught the Apostles, but that they didn't necessarily write down in their Gospels and books of the Bible.

I read the first paragraph of that site and burst out laughing. Yay for the satanically inspired counterfeit of Christianity that is God's one true holy Church. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JesusIsAlive
Then you should have said that in the beginning. Most people do not have any reverence for the bible that you do, so to simply say it is in the bible does not have the same effect in them, that it has in you.

I presumed that you understood what I was talking about (did I give you too much credit?).

confused

debbiejo
Saint is just something the Catholic church made up and nothing more.

Goddess Kali
Saints were invented to promote a standard by which other people should live.

I do not thnk it is such a bad idea for Christianity to have models to follow, besides Christ. Models of courage, wisdom, love, etc.

St. Francis of Assissi was excellent for example.

He was like the French Buddha in my opinion thumb up

JesusIsAlive
Saint is just something the Catholic church made up and nothing more.

Thank you Debbiejoe for once speaking something accurate. Although the Catholic Church did not make up the word saint, they simply invented the doctrine of sainthood that teaches that only certain people are saints. This contradicts the teaching of the Bible which states that all believers in Christ are holy ones (i.e. saints).

big grin

Goddess Kali
Thank you Debbiejoe for once speaking something accurate. Although the Catholic Church did not make up the word saint, they simply invented the doctrine of sainthood that teaches that only certain people are saints. This contradicts the teaching of the Bible which states that all believers in Christ are holy ones (i.e. saints).

big grin

I wish I could go back in time and taste Jesus..rub his hot naked body in oil, and **** *** droolio

Shakyamunison
^ Goddess Kali you are embarrassing me. _a

Goddess Kali

lol y ?

Since when do I speak on your behalf ? erm

JesusIsAlive

Is he a sick person?

confused

Goddess Kali
I wish I could go back in time and taste Jesus..rub his hot naked body in oil, and **** *** droolio

Shakyamunison
lol y ?

Since when do I speak on your behalf ? erm

No, not that. Just you and your curd way. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Goddess Kali
Is he a sick person?

confused

I'm sick for Jesus...u have no idea how much I WANT CHRIST ! dd

I have a Jesus Fetish...I can't help it....a naked man wears a crown of thorns, and OMG he's got me wrapped around his finger dd

Shakyamunison
Is he a sick person?

confused

Yes, but not as sick as you. stick out tongue

JesusIsAlive

I have a Jesus Fetish...I can't help it....a naked man wears a crown of thorns, and OMG he's got me wrapped around his finger dd

But...I was asking Shakyamunison?

confused

Goddess Kali
Yes, but not as sick as you.

Goddess Kali
ok im sorry, i coudlnt help it lol ill stop

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Storm
What do you hope to achieve? Do you seek to create an illusion of superiority and to build up an image of high self-worth? Are you striving for recognition and prestige to compensate for the lack of self-confidence?

Do you see me creating the following thread:

I hope to inform and to disabuse the minds of those who have been indoctrinated with false teachings. That is what I hope to achieve. No to the rest of what you wrote.

Any more questions my cheri?

cool

Boris
I hope to inform and to disabuse the minds of those who have been indoctrinated with false teachings. That is what I hope to achieve. No to the rest of what you wrote.

Any more questions my cheri?

cool

Hahaha what a post coming from you.

JesusIsAlive
Hahaha what a post coming from you.

Storm knows that she loves me that is why she gets so emotional and singles me out so much (in a platonic, non-romantic, strictly detached, totally aloof, and devoid of any human contact kind of way).

laughing out loud (Just kidding Storm.)

Boris
I just thought it was funny you talking about what you are, you know, since you have been indoctrinated into Christianity, with all it's wrong and false teachings.

JesusIsAlive
I just thought it was funny you talking about what you are, you know, since you have been indoctrinated into Christianity, with all it's wrong and false teachings.

"Hahaha, lol, yeah." Oops, I am not you Boris.

big grin

Boris
Awwww, not going to post some useless bible quotes anymore? How about a nice Christan science website?

Hahaha, lol, yeah!!!!

JesusIsAlive
Awwww, not going to post some useless bible quotes anymore? How about a nice Christan science website?

Hahaha, lol, yeah!!!!

laughing out loud

Boris
Hahah you're quite the fan of your one smiley posts, eh?

Come on JIA! Spout some total bullshit at me, make me laugh at your dire level of intellect... pweety pwease....

JesusIsAlive
Hahah you're quite the fan of your one smiley posts, eh?

Come on JIA! Spout some total bullshit at me, make me laugh at your dire level of intellect... pweety pwease....

I don't use profanity.

Boris
Change your ways, follow the dark lord and you will have anything you desire.

JesusIsAlive

Away with you Boris,

It is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve."

--Matthew 4:10

Ashestoashesjc

O_O
We are not worthy.... we are not worthy...

Ashestoashesjc
@_@ -ish possessed by the Devil-

JesusIsAlive
Ok give me time to look it up and I will be right back with a comment.Btw are you a christian or a catloic?JM smile

I am a believer in Jesus Christ (i.e. what society calls a Christian).

happy

JesusIsAlive

FeceMan
Christians are saints in the non-colloquial sense of the word--a title, rather than an adjective expressing characteristics of sainthood according to our culture.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>