Feat switching

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Characters must try to perform feats of other characters

For example:

Thor has to move the Mageddon millwheels

Superman has to pull the Midgard Serpent off of Earth

Surfer has to contain Solaris' supernova and fight Traitor

Kyle has to fight Uni - Lord and Thanos

Kingpin has to break Batman's back

Bane has to beat Daredevil

etc.

Newjak
Originally posted by Endless Mike

For example:

etc. Thor could do it

Superman could do it

Silver Surfer could do it

Kyle isn't beating Thanos because SS never has

Kingpin gets beaten badly

Bane gets beaten Badly

Symmetric Chaos

For example:

etc.

Thor does it
Supes does it
Kyle dies
KP could break his back but not beat him in a fight

Endless Mike
Those were just examples, you should submit your own

Symmetric Chaos
Batman has to fight on every plane of reality.

Odin has to make black look good and an emo history seem cool.

stick out tongue

batdude123
Thor- Hell no
Supes- Yes
Surfer- Might
Kyle- No, but Surfer beating Uni Lord in the first place is PIS
Kingpin- Without armor: Yes
Bane- Possible

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Batman has to fight on every plane of reality.

Odin has to make black look good and an emo history seem cool.

stick out tongue Aha!

Wolverine has to stalemate/beat Shuma Gorath in his own realm.

Dr. Strange has to amass a bazillion fans using only glorified cutlery and a vocabulary consisting of around seven words.

Bouboumaster
Superman have to defeat Agamotto in his plan

Galactus have to make out with Lois Lane

Newjak
Batman must reveal his face across the nation like Spiderman did

Lethal_Rise
this is a pretty interesting thread, i'm going to see where this goes...

spetznaz
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Aha!

Wolverine has to stalemate/beat Shuma Gorath in his own realm.

Dr. Strange has to amass a bazillion fans using only glorified cutlery and a vocabulary consisting of around seven words.

LOL.

TricksterPriest
Apocalypse must start a global religion, be revered as a messiah and then try to comitt suicide only to be stopped by Silver Surfer and lobotomized by Deadpool.

stick out tongue

Nightwing must avoid sex for 40 days. laughing

Orion must peacefully, without the use of force, negotiate an interstellar truce. laughing out loud

spetznaz

For example:

etc.

Thor could/would.

Superman could/would.

Surfer definitely could (particularly if written to the full extent of his powers instead of some silver guy on a cosmic board)

Kyle ....I'm having trouble accepting Kyle taking down Thanos (with both doing their best).

Kingpin would fail. Note: for Bane to break Batman's back he had to systematically break the man down psychologically and physically. He orchestrated a master stratagem that had Batman running all over Gotham, and he literally had the man so exhausted (in every manner possible) that when the final confrontation happened he quite literally broke the Bat. The main thing to be noted is that the real break was not the physical one ....it was the mental one. Bane did not just break Batman's back ....he broke Batman (a good point to remember is that Bruce had to re-learn EVERYTHING ....even jumping off buildings and having faith that he wouldn't fall to his death took time. He even had to go training with Shiva. The guy was quite literally BROKEN ...even when his back had healed he was still broken).
What Bane did was quite impressive .....and I do not mean breaking a man's back. Comicdom is filled with so many characters that can break a person's back, but very few that can destroy someone's personality in the way Bane did (particularly considering that Bane did not have any psionic stuff, and some people with mental powers have literally failed trying to affect Batman's mind ....and even had their attempts backfire on them based on what they found in that sick dude's mind).
Now ....Kingpin couldn't be able to replicate that!
Why?
Well, Kingpin is a brainy guy. He is a master strategist. But what Bane did was on a different level (to be honest with you i still consider it PIS?CIS ....reason being how did Bane succeed where people like joker, Ras and Riddler failed ....people more prone towards using mental stratagems??).
The only person who has done similar is Hush, but that is a different story.
Anyways, it happened. But the Kingpin would have to do the same exact thing Bane did.
Now, looking at some of Kingpin's stunts on Daredevil it is pretty obvious to see that KP can come up with some good plans himself. The problem is that they have never been as intricate as what Bane pulled on Batman. They have been good ...actually very good ....just not THAT good.
So, if the question is can Kingpin use strength to break Batman's back ....the answer is yes.
If the question is can Kingpin have the opportunity to break Batman's back ....the answer is no way on Earth would he even come close to getting that opportunity (actually KP would be wishing to go back to Hellskitchen/Catskill into Daredevil's arms once Batman was through with him)
And if the question is if KP can break Batman (the man, the mind, the personality) ...not in a billion years.

Now, with that said ....can Bane beat DareDevil?
Well, one thing I realized is that Daredevil can easily be taken down. I recall how Mysterio made the guy almost ill himself with guilt, suffer anguish over his girlfriend having AIDS and all that, made the guy think that freakin' MEPHISTOPHELES was after him!!!!!!!
Daredevil is actually very susceptible to certain attacks ....particularly if those attacks are oblique and indirect.
Now, the comicbook Bane that took down Batman was quite literally one the greatest strategic masters of the oblique 'catspaw' (where you don't do a deed and have others do it) attack. Personally I think they amped Bane too much (and in most other showings he is not as smart, and in the cartoon version he is literally stupid), but it happened.
A master strategic oblique attack that took down one of the greatest strategists in the world ....and broke him mind body and soul (as i said, the physical break was the least of the bunch. The main thing was what it did to Batman's persona ....it destroyed Batman and left only a crippled Bruce Wayne)
The type of attack that was used against Daredevil to great effect by Mysterio (who was at the time dying of cancer) ....and it WORKED.
So ...you tell me this: If the type of attack that Bane used on Batman worked so perfectly on Daredevil (this time through Mysterio, who was using everything from drugs to information gotten from Kingpin, to manipulating Bullseye to do killings , etc etc etc) ....then it would also have to work if Bane tried it on Daredevil.
Mysterio did in a few short days what Kingpin was unable to in years.
Bane would do the same in less.

SpunkySmurph
That's assuming, of course, that Bane gets access to all sorts of personal knowledge on Daredevil.

TricksterPriest
Thor has to move the Mageddon millwheels: No. This was one of the biggest Superman feats in awhile, and even Morrison probably realized that he was setting an incredibly high mark, especially with absorbing the anti-sun.

Superman has to pull the Midgard Serpent off of Earth: After things the wheel of Mageddon, etc, I think he can do it.

Surfer has to contain Solaris' supernova and fight Traitor: Don't know. Don't know who Traitor and how powerful the supernova was.

Kyle has to fight Uni - Lord and Thanos: Hell no. Not to diss Kyle, but Thanos will put the ring through Kyle's forehead and then wear the ring on his pimp glove.

Kingpin has to break Batman's back:

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
That's assuming, of course, that Bane gets access to all sorts of personal knowledge on Daredevil.

No. He can do it. Bane deduced Bruce's identity. And from there he figured out the rest. Bane gets written off as a goon and a good fighter, but he's very very smart. He actually beat Ra's Al Ghul at chess and has stalemated Batman several times.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

No. He can do it. Bane deduced Bruce's identity. And from there he figured out the rest. Bane gets written off as a goon and a good fighter, but he's very very smart. He actually beat Ra's Al Ghul at chess and has stalemated Batman several times. I'm well aware of Bane's brain power, but I think his job would be considerably harder if all he has of Daredevil are pictures and newspaper clippings, which the scenario seems to imply. Without a time limit, I'm sure he could do it, but I think it would be considerably harder.

UniOmni
The Mageddon Wheel thing is unquantifiable since we only know how large Mageddon itself was, but not the innerworkings which Superman powered.

Thor hasn't been unable to lift anything he's tried to yet, so he'll get my nod.

Same for Superman and the Serpent thing.

Surfer containing Solaris? Yeah, tho it'd be more likely an energy shunt than actual containment.

Defeating Traitor? Yeah.

Kyle defeating Uni-Lord? Kyle is a human with a green aura and a powerful ring.

Surfer in that story was pc in a humanoid shape, since he was broken into pieces and survived.

Kyle doesn't make it here, or vs Thanos.

Kingpin is easily strong enough to break his back, but i don't think it'd work. Unless he got the info that Bane had.

Bane won't defeat Daredevil.
He'd more than likely smell the stink of the venom, and cut off his supply.

From there, it's just a bad asskicking for Bane.

TricksterPriest
Bane doesn't use Venom anymore in the comics. He has in fact, stalemated Batman several times without it.

UniOmni
I thought this was Knightfall Bane?

Either way, DD can beat him.

grey fox
Surfer has to annihilate a galactic Armada

Kyle has to channel the crunch (survive) AND use it to take out T&A

Supreme being
Originally posted by batdude123
Thor- Hell no
Supes- Yes
Surfer- Might
Kyle- No, but Surfer beating Uni Lord in the first place is PIS
Kingpin- Without armor: Yes
Bane- Possible

Agreed 100%.

Martian_mind
That maggedon wheel feat is sketchy at best....I mean god,the chains are standard issue,so it can't be that heavy...

Juntai
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bane doesn't use Venom anymore in the comics. He has in fact, stalemated Batman several times without it. Actually, he does. He appeared a few issues ago in JSA classified.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.