Why Does Tia need Jack Back - one of the many puzzles of AWE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lovethemtigers
Why does Tia need Jack...and she was quite pleased with her crabs..the crabs helped Jack get the pearl moving...what was it all about?

IheartPocky
She needs his piece of eight!

Surreal_44
Tia does need Jack's piece of eight, but I suspect that he had his own part to play in destiny. wink

There are so many threads to AWE that it's hard to keep track of them all. What's so brilliant is that each storyline is connected in some way to all the others.

We don't really discover Tia's reason for bringing Jack back from the Locker until late into the movie (she and Barbossa uh...'discuss' it). From that moment on, all these little bits of story begin to come together.

We discover that Tia is really Calypso, that she needs the nine pieces of eight in order to do so (also why she brought back Barbossa).

One thing that they don't mention in the film, but I've always wondered about, is if she has to be free in order for a new captain of the Dutchman to be chosen. As far as I could see in the film, Will still died even though he had stabbed the heart.

When the Dutchman is sucked into the whirlpool, I've often thought that perhaps Calypso was bringing Will's soul back to his body and then making him captain of the Dutchman. I wonder what would have happened if Jack and/or Will had stabbed the heart before Calypso was released.

Any thoughts?

tee_pirategirl
maybe their soal wouldn't meet back with their bodies UNTIL she was released. lol I've no idea just making a wild guess...maybe nothing would actually happen and the dutchman would remain captainless until calypso was released but I for one think that MAYBE they would become captain anyway because the FD NEEDS a captain!

my head is spining! on one side they're telling us that Calypso HAS to be released and on the other the FD HAS to have a captain. These two sorta go against eachother. any thoughts?

Surreal_44
Do they go against each other? Calypso created the Dutchman and the position of captain for a specific purpose. It is just unfortunate that she chose Davy Jones to do so, and it was very unfortunate for him that he fell in love with her, but that he did not accept who or what she is.

It's just an interesting thought that I don't think can be 'proven' one way or another, but it's a subject worthy of a bit of discussion, don't you think? big grin

LoveJackSparrow
Heres a bit of what i think of why will was alive after he got stabed.....
1: He probally got stabbed on one of his vains which takes about 5 to 6 min to die after being stabbed there.
1: He wasent dead yet

Mrs Fish
I don't think he actually died. (maybe for a brief moment when Davy was sucked down the maelstrom...?)
Why would Bootstrap cut out his heart and put it in the chest, if he had died....? And they make it very clear that The Dutchman HAS to have a captain, and that the one who stab his heart takes his place...

It all happened very fast...
Okay Will died, but before Davy could send him to the other side, the heart got stabbed(by Wills hand),therefore he takes his place and becomes "alive" again.

He has the scar and the chest to prove it. <----Just my thoughts...

Surreal_44
Well, in the novel Will died before he stabbed the heart.

In the movie, Will stabs the heart but then he stops breathing and passes out. Presumably he's dead at this point, but I think it'd still be ok because, in the words of Miracle Max, "He's only mostly dead". In other words, Will still has that three minute span before he is totally and truly dead, which is why it still works for him to become captain of the Dutchman.

Plus I think Calypso had a hand in making sure Will 'came back'. She seems to have chosen Will specifically for this task, don't you think?

IheartPocky
Lol "He's only mostly dead" Miracle Max.. It took me a few seconds to remember that's from Princess Bride. Isn't it? hehe

willofthewisp
Oh, the princess bride, where the girl actually ended up with the pirate. Maybe POTC should have watched that to learn a couple of things. Lol. Do you think if Will had just straight up died without stabbing the heart that Calypso would have brought him back? Do you think she was that adament about Will specifically becoming the new captain, or would she have chosen someone else?

Surreal_44
I think she wanted Will to be captain.

potcfan2003
yeah with "you have a touch of destiny about you" in DMC

willofthewisp
So Calypso would have brought him back if he had died and the heart hadn't been stabbed? It would make sense for her to "make" him stab it, but yet, she seems like the type that would want fate to make him do it.

LoveJackSparrow
Didnt she also say in AWE after i dont really remeber the part but someone was talking about the Dutchmen needs a captain and that who ever stabes DJ heart would become captain and right at that point TD says to will (i think this is the line) A touch a desiny with in you. thats what i thought she said at lest if it wasent taht it was something like that.

Mrs Fish
You are totally right, LoveJackSparrow. On the boat after they saved jack, when they see the bodies in the water. She tells him that he has an aura of destiny.... So it is possible that she has planned it all along..
If its meant to be, its meant to be...

Emma718
first off i just want to say i love your sig and avie Mrs Fish ^.^
i have a question to, why is that Davy Jones a sea like creature as long with all of the crew. But when Will becomes part of the shop, he is still normal??

LoveJackSparrow
Well hes imortal.....so hes not really normal but as long as he dose his dutys on the FD then he will sort of be normal just not all the way and i too love your sig "Mrs Fish"

Emma718
Originally posted by Emma718
first off i just want to say i love your sig and avie Mrs Fish ^.^
i have a question to, why is that Davy Jones a sea like creature as long with all of the crew. But when Will becomes part of the shop, he is still normal??

Ship, not shop..aha my bad.

Originally posted by LoveJackSparrow
Well hes imortal.....so hes not really normal but as long as he dose his dutys on the FD then he will sort of be normal just not all the way and i too love your sig "Mrs Fish"

yeah but why didn't he turn into a sea like creture like Davy Jones

LoveJackSparrow
Thats because if he didnt do his job and if Elizabeth wasent faithful to him thats when he would turn into a creature cause remeber in AWE where jack and will had a talk and jack wanted to be captain of the flying dutchmen and then will said you have to do the job jack and that if he dosent that he will become a sea creature like DJ and then jack said oh ah i wont look good with tintacles or something like that???? REMEMBER???????????

Emma718
oooooo yes now i remember, thanks for clearing that up for me smile

LoveJackSparrow
No proballum smile

Mrs Fish
(thank you LoveJackSparrow and Emma781stick out tongue I like them too stick out tongue )

Davy used to be a real man once too...
(if I got this right) He helped the Brethren court bind Calypso, and that's when it all went wrong, and became the sea creature we all know and love... roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Tramps Lady
love ur sig mrs fish!

Jaeh_JediPirate
yeah! love it!

willofthewisp
Fun sig, Mrs. Fish. Jack's faces crack me up.

LoveJackSparrow
Yea thats right Mrs Fish! You got it! Davy told the brethern cort how to bind her and yes he once was a man and nice man a man of the sea!

willofthewisp
I don't know if he was ever "nice" nice, you know? I think somewhere in there was pure evil waiting to be released, kind of like Anakin.

LoveJackSparrow
Who????? I dont know who your talking about lol.

willofthewisp
Sorry, I was talking about Davy.

LoveJackSparrow
ooo well then i agree with you about that.

willofthewisp
Thanks!

LoveJackSparrow
lol i mean i think what you typed is true so i have to agree with you. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.