Did Obiwan lose his braid and the end of TPM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I was watching TPM at the other day, and at the end celebration it looks like Obi lost his braid of hair. Which makes since he was not a padawan anymore and now has his own apprentice.

But i've seen the movie a billion times and I never noticed it before.

Unless I'm wrong?

queeq
He lost it, Anakin got one. OB1 was awarded Jedi Knight. Prolly an extension though.

Sith Master X
I love when something like that happens, watching a movie over and over again and then you finally pick up on something you hadn't noticed before.

OB1-adobe
Has it ever been explained before what happens when a jedi goes through the "trials"?

Spartan ll
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Has it ever been explained before what happens when a jedi goes through the "trials"? Not really, it's never been explained in the movies, but maybe the EU has. Though I think the Council thought that slaying the first Sith Lord encountered in a thousand years was a trial in itself and awarded Obi-Wan the title of Jedi Knight. wink

Darth Subjekt
nothing specific, but I've heard its some of the most trying things a Jedi will go through, save for fighting a Sith lord.

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Not really, it's never been explained in the movies, but maybe the EU has. Though I think the Council thought that slaying the first Sith Lord encountered in a thousand years was a trial in itself and awarded Obi-Wan the title of Jedi Knight. wink
queeq hates eu

General G
He really does.

queeq
I don't hate it, it just does not belong here.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Not really, it's never been explained in the movies, but maybe the EU has. Though I think the Council thought that slaying the first Sith Lord encountered in a thousand years was a trial in itself and awarded Obi-Wan the title of Jedi Knight. wink

If that was the case they should have awarded him Jedi master.

When was last time Yoda killed a sith lord? hmmm

queeq
EU

EU

EU

amity75
Obi Wans hair annoys me in TPM. You're sitting there watching it scene by scene going "Real hair, Wig for reshoots, real hair" etc.

queeq
Yeah, the wigs are bad.

OB1-adobe
which shot has a wig?

queeq
I think the ones where they meet JarJar for instance. And the one where Ob1 apologizes to QGJ.

General G
I didn't even notice.

queeq
Watch closer.

Count Makashi
His braid made him very popular with the ladies in the temple and the envy of all other guys, thats why Yoda suggested additional trials, he was jealous of Obi-Wan and wanted him to fail.

queeq
Yeah.... ssssure....

General G
Whatever you say Count.

Count Makashi
Its true, my sources are never wrong.

General G
Says you.

Count Makashi
And i am always right to.

General G
You were just wrong.

Count Makashi
Where, if i am wrong, the universe its self, will collapse.

General G
Right...here:

Originally posted by Count Makashi
And i am always right to.

Count Makashi
Well, i was right, the Universe didn't co lapse.

General G
You were wrong right there too, on your spelling.

Count Makashi
Did not.

queeq
Makashi was born wrong.

yettoh
i was brought up with parrots!

General G
How did that work out for you?

queeq
He likes crackers now.

General G
Too dry.

queeq
That's the way he likes them.

General G
Yuck.

queeq
Yes.

Alliance
Crackers are yumbly.

queeq
Another parrot... this time a clone.

General G
Cloning parrots now? What has the world come to.

queeq
Yeah, it's downhill from here.

Alliance
Sounds like closing time.

Count Makashi
Queeq gets all the fun, not fare.

General G
I wanna close it and get the last post.

Alliance
You'll never have the last post.

queeq
Nope But I do. evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.