Thanos vs Silver Surfer,Martian Manhunter & Immortal Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins. Toe to toe match.

Bouboumaster
Thanos OWNZ them with EASE! Hercules, in particular.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos OWNZ them with EASE! Hercules, in particular.

using all his abilities? Thanos, easy.

Just a "toe to toe" fistfight? (though I have no idea why you'd have these guys fight this way) eh....still thanos.

golem370
The idea was to make the team to counter act Thanos' abilities. Martian Manhunter to counter Thanos' mental powers Silver Surfer to counter Thanos' power cosmic and Immortal Hercules to counter Thanos' strength and immortality.

olympian
They are still only three and none is alone his match.

Thanos.

golem370
Alright Kurse,Silver Surfer,Martian Manhunter,Immortal Hercules,Hyperion,Red Tornado & Firelord

llagrok
I think MM can counter a LOT of Thanos' abilities.

I'd still give this to Thanos though, but not more than 7/10

Alfheim
Originally posted by golem370
The idea was to make the team to counter act Thanos' abilities. Martian Manhunter to counter Thanos' mental powers Silver Surfer to counter Thanos' power cosmic and Immortal Hercules to counter Thanos' strength and immortality.

SS isnt tough enough to counter Thanos's cosmic ability. Has SS got upgraded or something because if he hasnt hes getting stomped. Dont know about MM, but I think Hercules could take him in terms of strength.

golem370
He did during Annhihlation so I heard

golem370
Here is a question on a power scale Silver Surfer being 1 and Galactus being 10 where would Thanos fall in the scale?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by golem370
Here is a question on a power scale Silver Surfer being 1 and Galactus being 10 where would Thanos fall in the scale?

Thanos and silver surfer use two completely different power sources, (Thanos doesn't use the Power Cosmic, and doesn't really have an interest in doing so) so it's hard to say where EXACTLY he falls in between Surfer and Galactus.

There's been several instances where surfer going all out couldnt even scratch thanos with power blasts. Hell, ODIN going all out couldn't take down thanos. Wherever he is on the power scale, Surfer by himself is nowhere near powerful enough to "counter" him.

Hercules is a joke. Herc is Thor's equal, and Thanos has already punked a warrior madness thor WITH a power gem amping him up. Hercules is nowhere close to being that strong. Thanos can also continually amp his strength up by drawing in more power (from wherever he gets it), which herc can't do. Thanos doesn't like to brawl if he doesn't have to though, so herc would either be BFR'ed, or blocked with force fields to make him harmless. Thanos' force fields were sufficient to block champion while HE was using the gem who is, again, way stronger than Herc is

MM has no business being here. In theory, he's superman-level, but he can only maintain that level of power for a few minutes before his body gives out from the strain. He's going to need to go for a lot longer than that to handle thanos.

This is how this fight would go f it actually happened- Thanos would instantly BFR hercules either into orbit, or into the sun to make him a non issue, set manhunter on fire or something close to it, taking him out of the fight, then proceed to pummel the surfer senseless as he's done many times before.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Space M ummy

Hercules is a joke. Herc is Thor's equal, and Thanos has already punked a warrior madness thor WITH a power gem amping him up. Hercules is nowhere close to being that strong.

Maybe I just have not read the comic in too long, but I don't remember Thanos punking anyone. I remember him using a tech device to encase Thor. I don't know how much of a punking that is. Then again maybe I am wrong.

I do in general agree with yout post.

Kid Kurdy
There's been several instances where surfer going all out couldnt even scratch thanos with power blasts. Hell, ODIN going all out couldn't take down thanos.
Well well, Odin was going all out...

Herc is not Thor's equal, but he's very close. And Thanos NEVER punked warrior madness Thor.

I don't know, the forcefields were crumbling, and honestly, I can see Herc doing the same thing - it will take longer of course.

Most comic fights only take a few minutes.

That's not fighting.

How ?

I never understood why Surfer never uses his amazing speed and his long range attacks when fighting Thanos. Can you explain this to me ?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Well well, Odin was going all out...

Odin had to break out Gungnir. He was DEFINITELY going all out. Thanos still wasn't KO'ed.

Herc and Thor are equal in pure strength. When they armwrestled, neither one had the edge. With the hammer, and using his weather control abilities godforce blasts, etc- Thor is more versatile, and has more raw power at his disposal.

Warrior madness thor was unable to significantly hurt thanos at all, and got himself immobilized. IMMEDIATELY afterwards, Thanos went toe to toe with Odin. Didn't seem like the fight with Thor really took much out of him at all. That's a punkin' in my book.

The forcefields were doing what they were meant to do- frustrate and goad champ into slowly amping up his power until he destroyed the planet. and I don't know what you've been smoking, but herc is nowhere NEAR strong enough to one shot a planet. Champ with the Power Gem is WAY, WAY stronger than Herc is.

Of course it is. a fight is using whatever means are at your disposal to win. BFR'ing an opponent to stop or KO them is just as valid as punching them, unless the OP deliberately specifies no BFR.

Because Thanos has matter manipulation abilities, as well as assloads of cosmic power at his disposal?

Surfer HAS used long range energy projection abilities vs. Thanos. They don't work. he's largely immune to those kinds of attacks. Fallen one ATTEMPTED to speedblitz thanos during annihilation. It didn't work, Thanos was fast enough to react and mindwiped him.

Kid Kurdy
Fallen one ATTEMPTED to speedblitz thanos during annihilation. It didn't work, Thanos was fast enough to react and mindwiped him.
No he didn't.

This is what happened:

Fallen One notices Thanos, flies to him, Thanos blasts him.

That's about it. No speed blitz, no light speed. Nothing - I mean nothing - indicates that Fallen One was gonna speedblitz Thanos, or that he was flying at the speed of light or whatever.

Basically, Fallen One flew right into Thanos' blast.

guy222
bumprav

Harbinger
Thanos 12/10

janus77
Current Surfer would give Thanos a much better fight than in the past.

I'm not saying the team win (MM and Herc are next to useless here) but it's not the stomp you'd expect.

Surfer is also supposed to have Thanos' "power out put level" or some such, according to the Annihilation arc where he managed to match Thanos' power level in order to release Galactus from the device that Thanos had entrapped him in ... basically implying that he now possesses a similar level of power to Thanos.

kgkg
Originally posted by janus77
Current Surfer would give Thanos a much better fight than in the past.

I'm not saying the team win (MM and Herc are next to useless here) but it's not the stomp you'd expect.

Surfer is also supposed to have Thanos' "power out put level" or some such, according to the Annihilation arc where he managed to match Thanos' power level in order to release Galactus from the device that Thanos had entrapped him in ... basically implying that he now possesses a similar level of power to Thanos. Marvel have been saying that sufer might be able to match Thanos power wise for years , but I won't be suprised if Thanos K.o's Surfer like he has in the past.

leonidas
depends entirely on ss's still undefined 'new level of power'. a significant increase is their only chance as ss would be their only hope. mm and herc could be distractions for a little while, but it would come down to ss v thanos before too long. without seeing more of this new ss, you still gotta say thanos.

Priest
Originally posted by leonidas
depends entirely on ss's still undefined 'new level of power'. a significant increase is their only chance as ss would be their only hope. mm and herc could be distractions for a little while, but it would come down to ss v thanos before too long. without seeing more of this new ss, you still gotta say thanos.
thumb up

mrbigguy
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Maybe I just have not read the comic in too long, but I don't remember Thanos punking anyone. I remember him using a tech device to encase Thor. I don't know how much of a punking that is. Then again maybe I am wrong.

I do in general agree with yout post.

Thanos pounded Thor's butt through the floor after letting himself be Thor's punching bag cause he liked it. And after a nice distraction immobilizes the punk cause he grew bored. "HA! mad god indeed!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.