Duke nukem forever release

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

ESB -1138
It's been in production now for 10 years...I doubt they'll ever release it.

Kero_Co
If by some miracle this game is realeased, and it is not the best game ever, the developers are going to be the laughing stocks of the gaming community.

Bicnarok

((The_Anomaly))
I "LOL" whenever I see 'Forever'. Its like the joke of game development.

BackFire
One day it will come out.

And it will suck

Smasandian
Yep.

I didnt even think Duke was that great.

Some interesting screens back in the day.

If it does come out, atleast make the game playable to the point on where they're aint any bugs. STALKER took years to come out and they still havnt fixed the ATI issue.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kero_Co
If by some miracle this game is realeased, and it is not the best game ever, the developers are going to be the laughing stocks of the gaming community.

Yea and these were the same people who were making prey until they gave up and got someone else to make it.

Smasandian
There is times where developers make a game but never release it.

It almost happened to Half Life.

SaTsuJiN

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Smasandian
There is times where developers make a game but never release it.

It almost happened to Half Life.

It happend to StarCraft Ghost too.

Smasandian
True.

Tha C-Master
Duke ruled for its time and still rocks. They are constantly making excellent mods to this day that allow better graphics and resolution throughout the entire game to the point where you can kill them and kick their pieces around. The level design is still excellent by today standards, it was the first to utilize floors by floors.

The mod I'm talking about, which is constantly updated and released in updates 2x a year. Notice the detail from the bullet droppings to the dust released when you shoot a wall that was never there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C6ueHsTBwN8&mode=related&search=

Regardless I wanted this back in 01, but I'd be surprised if it came out under the same name and premise so I'm not really getting my hopes up.

DigiMark007
See Also: Daikatana

Related Topics: John Romero's total loss of industry credibility.

no expression

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
See Also: Daikatana

Related Topics: John Romero's total loss of industry credibility.

no expression

Why has Romero lost credibility ?

Smasandian
Because of the fiasco of Daikatana.

He went from one of the cofounding members of one of the biggest developing firms in the world, being one of the most influential developers, to an celebrity for his creation of Ion Storm Dallas....then he went to develop mobile games and worked for Midway.

He know opened up another shop to produce an MMO game and is now working for CPL to make an game based on the hipping Quake 3 technology.

Does that sound like a guy with credibility? He has only produce one title in the past 10 years, and it sucked my nuts.

grey fox
Originally posted by Smasandian
Because of the fiasco of Daikatana.

He went from one of the cofounding members of one of the biggest developing firms in the world, being one of the most influential developers, to an celebrity for his creation of Ion Storm Dallas....then he went to develop mobile games and worked for Midway.

He know opened up another shop to produce an MMO game and is now working for CPL to make an game based on the hipping Quake 3 technology.

Does that sound like a guy with credibility? He has only produce one title in the past 10 years, and it sucked my nuts.

I think I got the wrong Romero. I thought you meant 'Zombie Movie King' Romero not this 'shithead , crappy game developer' Romero

Phat J
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Duke ruled for its time and still rocks. They are constantly making excellent mods to this day that allow better graphics and resolution throughout the entire game to the point where you can kill them and kick their pieces around. The level design is still excellent by today standards, it was the first to utilize floors by floors.

The mod I'm talking about, which is constantly updated and released in updates 2x a year. Notice the detail from the bullet droppings to the dust released when you shoot a wall that was never there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C6ueHsTBwN8&mode=related&search=

Regardless I wanted this back in 01, but I'd be surprised if it came out under the same name and premise so I'm not really getting my hopes up.
that made me wanna play duke so bad man

Smasandian
Originally posted by grey fox
I think I got the wrong Romero. I thought you meant 'Zombie Movie King' Romero not this 'shithead , crappy game developer' Romero

OK.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Phat J
that made me wanna play duke so bad man It's really that good...

((The_Anomaly))
Man watching that video made me want to play that game lol

Tha C-Master
If you have the game you can get those upgrades for free on the internet at the site. Just look up duke HRP (hi res pack) upgrade or sd duke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.