Rastafarians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
After watching a few interviews on one of my Bob Marley concert DVD, I was amazed at what some people believe.

its a religion that accepts Haile Selassie I, the former Emperor of Ethiopia, as God incarnate, whom they call Jah. He is also seen as part of the Holy Trinity as the messiah promised in the Bible to return. The name Rastafari comes from Ras (Prince, Head, Duke or Chief) Tafari Makonnen, the pre-coronation name of Haile Selassie I.

I mean how can Haile Selassie be God incarnate and dead, assassinated even.

leonheartmm
lol, how can jesus be god incarnate, DEAD and tortured and passed away suffering with now divine intervention.

Boris
They encourage weed smoking, rasta all the way.

Templares
If theres one thing i hate about rastas is the way they keep their dreadlocks. Oily, smelly, and chock full of head lice.

Boris
They sure do look damn cool though.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by leonheartmm
lol, how can jesus be god incarnate, DEAD and tortured and passed away suffering with now divine intervention.

But that happened a long time ago, and like many myths (not saying it is one) it has a lot of mystery about it which give these things wind. But Haile Selassie died in 1975, met various world leaders etc.

I think dreadlocks are brilliant & Jamaicans are the coolest people around .

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Bicnarok
But that happened a long time ago, and like many myths (not saying it is one) it has a lot of mystery about it which give these things wind. But Haile Selassie died in 1975, met various world leaders etc.

I think dreadlocks are brilliant & Jamaicans are the coolest people around .

EXACTLY. we shoul realise that just because sumthing happened a few thousand years ago doesnt instantly make it different and full of mystique and belonging from teh AGE OF MIRACLES/MAGIC/WONDERS. the past was just like this time, dull, boring, and psuedomystical due to the fact that science had not progressed enough to undestand many phenomenon.

we shoud stop mystifying the past and glorifying our ancestors{this hold true for supposed geniuses like impressoinist painters, aristotle, da vinci etc. in their time theyd be no different than what older people consider paris hilton/lindsay lohan/dave grohl, fancy new age uptights bent on sounding different and defying norms}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.